PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian 2k list, any thoughts?

Not 4 ourselves, for god
06-07-2009, 11:46
hey heres the list, any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm going for a competitive army so any tips on how to improve it would be great. The list;

Bret Lord 110
pegasus 50
lance 6
shield 3
virtue of heroism 40
gilded cuirass 55

total 264

Paladin BSB 60
Barded horse 14
virtue of duty 30
wyrm lance 20

total 124

Damsel lv.1 70
Horse 10
dispel scroll x2 50

total 130

damsel lv.1 70
horse 10
dispel scroll x2 50

total 130

8x knights errant 160
full command 21
errantry banner 20

total 201

8x knights errant 160
command 21

total 181

8x knights of the realm 192
full command 24

total 216

3x peg knights
total 165

3x peg knights
total 165

3x peg knights
musician 10
total 175

5x grail knights 190
command 30
warbanner 25

total 245

list total 1995

one damsel will go in each errantry knight unit, bsb in Kotr

any thoughts?

jayzerus
09-07-2009, 04:22
1) People will hate you for taking 3 units of pegasus knights - I have found that one unit works fine for what they are needed for. Dropping the 2 extra units gives you enough points for 2 extra 6-man lances (either KE or KotR) with full command, plus a little extra left over.

2) You probably won't need 4 dispel scrolls. I would drop one, which gives you an extra 25 points to spend on other stuff.

3) Wyrm lance isn't really the best option. You won't get into a position to use the flaming attack. If you are, that means you are going to get charged, which in turn means that you were close enough to charge. Being close enough to charge and not charging = FAIL.

4) My personal preference is to put the BSB in with the GK - that lets you put the warbanner in a different unit, but it also gives your GKs a +3 CR from the get-go, plus extra attacks. It just makes them more robust, and you are less likely to lose your BSB because you fail a dumb terror test when charging a Hydra.

5) I'm pretty sure posting all the individual points values like that violates GW copyrigts.

stonetroll
09-07-2009, 05:15
allright, here goes:

hey heres the list, any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm going for a competitive army so any tips on how to improve it would be great. The list;

Bret Lord 110
pegasus 50
lance 6
shield 3
virtue of heroism 40
gilded cuirass 55

total 264

Needs Grail Vow to be an effective monster killer. Also I would change the gilded cuirass for Grail Shield so you can pick up the Tres of Isoulde to increase you chance of getting that KB.

Paladin BSB 60
Barded horse 14
virtue of duty 30
wyrm lance 20

total 124

Same as I run, so I personally like it

Damsel lv.1 70
Horse 10
dispel scroll x2 50

total 130

damsel lv.1 70
horse 10
dispel scroll x2 50

total 130

Swap one of the 4 Scrolls for the Chalice of Malfleur. There is a pretty big difference between 4/5 dispell dice.

8x knights errant 160
full command 21
errantry banner 20

total 201

Good, but would recommend BSB in here to help keep control of the Impetuous tests.

8x knights errant 160
command 21

total 181

Not sure on their role. I would suggest dropping 3 men and consider it a good supporting unit (dont put damsel with them but with Grail Knights).

8x knights of the realm 192
full command 24

total 216

Consider giving them the War Banner. They need it more than your (supporting unit of) Grail Knights.

3x peg knights
total 165

3x peg knights
total 165

3x peg knights
musician 10
total 175

All of these need a muso imo. Might want to swap out one of these to get 2 (throwaway) units of Fas Cav instead.

5x grail knights 190
command 30
warbanner 25

total 245

They don't need a Warbanner or a Musician, just banner is enough.

list total 1995

one damsel will go in each errantry knight unit, bsb in Kotr

I would suggest putting a Damsel in the KOTR unit and one in the GK and putting your BSB with the KE.

any thoughts?

1) People will hate you for taking 3 units of pegasus knights - I have found that one unit works fine for what they are needed for. Dropping the 2 extra units gives you enough points for 2 extra 6-man lances (either KE or KotR) with full command, plus a little extra left over.

Anyone hating you for playing 3 units of PK is fail. You're playing Bretonnians for christ sake. We need all the help we can get these days. Leave at least 2 units in your list imo, as one is not reliable enough.

2) You probably won't need 4 dispel scrolls. I would drop one, which gives you an extra 25 points to spend on other stuff.

Agreed, spend the pionts saved on the Chalice

3) Wyrm lance isn't really the best option. You won't get into a position to use the flaming attack. If you are, that means you are going to get charged, which in turn means that you were close enough to charge. Being close enough to charge and not charging = FAIL.

You want the Wyrm Lance on him because you can't give him a mundane lance, and without a lance (or sword of might), his 3 S4 attacks are not gonna do a whole lot. The Wyrm lance's flame attack is just a bonus you don't need.

4) My personal preference is to put the BSB in with the GK - that lets you put the warbanner in a different unit, but it also gives your GKs a +3 CR from the get-go, plus extra attacks. It just makes them more robust, and you are less likely to lose your BSB because you fail a dumb terror test when charging a Hydra.

He would need a Grail Vow to be with the GK, not worth the points imo. Aside from that, the 5 GK (with Damsel) should be just fine on their own, leaving your BSB to help the units that actually need help.

5) I'm pretty sure posting all the individual points values like that violates GW copyrigts.