PDA

View Full Version : are there minis for DE nobles on foot?

Gyulkus Chaos Saurus
08-05-2005, 17:01
i dont see them on the GW cataloque

Sgt John Keel
08-05-2005, 17:20
No. There is the Limited Edition Maleus Darkblade on foot, of course...

/Adrian

Slyracoon
08-05-2005, 18:37
No. There is the Limited Edition Maleus Darkblade on foot, of course...

I've got one of those! Although I broke his arm, and had to replace it with one off a spearelf. Anyway, you can't get that model anymore, but it's pretty easy to bend the original Malus' model into a decent standing position. Another option would be to use the Eltharion model, it doesn't have any openly High Elfy markings and is a damn good model. Or you could wait for that Wood Elf hero to be released, but that's a while off.

Zeb
09-05-2005, 07:06
Or use any of the Corsairs Champs. I use a slightly converted Black Guard Champ as Noble (I've given him a Halberd made from the Standard of the Dark Riders)

Yanos
09-05-2005, 12:34
Mine is based on the female rider from the Cold One Chariot; she's got one arm out in front of her in true Lifetaker-aiming fashion! My other is the Maiden Guard standard bearer, with less hearts and more spines.

There're plenty of conversion opportunities out there. As grotesque as some of the models are, the Dark Eldar range has various possibilities, and the metal elf ranges in general (touch ye not the plastic High Elves though, for mightily do they suck).

Sentinel75
09-05-2005, 13:53
Yes, but not made by GW, unless you go back about ten years.
May I suggest Reaper miniatures for the non-"GW only" obsessed.
In general GW has huge holes in their miniature lines, and if a person doesnt want to "convert" they are need to look at other miniatures companies.
Reaper is just one of many, but their Warlord line has FANTASTIC Hero/Lord models.

Riddy
09-05-2005, 14:01
The Executioner Champion makes a good noble with great weapon and looks mighty evil to boot.

Bubble Ghost
09-05-2005, 14:23
Any of the champion models in fact. I always thought that was the point of the Dark Elf range having so many elaborate champion figures, and I was kind of hoping it was the start of a trend.

Forgotmytea
09-05-2005, 15:13
I converted one of mine from pure plastic Dark Elf bits, with a dark eldar head etc. and a better paint job than the rest. Aside from that, any of the champions/older champions make great nobles. :)

Da GoBBo
09-05-2005, 21:23
The black guard models also make for really great characters. search bitbox for some nice weapon, replace the head (preferably for one without a helmet, but that's personal I think) and you'v got a great model.

Crazy Harborc
10-05-2005, 00:38
I just "fancied up" one of the minies from the regt. box. Bright paint and or lots of gold trim.
I have a couple of Reaper's minies in use away from the GW store.