PDA

View Full Version : Carnage Tournament 2006: Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lavfluris
06-01-2006, 21:10
Right, this thread is for discussion of the Carnage Tournament 2006, which will take place on March 25th and March 26th, and will be held in Warhammer World, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

The Carnage Tournament 2006 will comprise of two tournaments, one each for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Fantasy. Each tournament comprises of five separate Rounds, each lasting no more than two hours. For the Warhammer 40,000 tournament, entrants are limited to 1500pts, and for the Warhammer Fantasy tournament, players are limited to 2000pts.

Tickets are priced at £30.00 each, which includes full use of the Warhammer World facilities as well as lunch on both days.

Full details of purchasing a ticket and the Rules Packs are found here (http://www.warseer.com/category/Carnage2006).

Obviously if you have any queries, please contact me.

EDIT: As of 10/03/06, the following people have been successfully registered for the Warhammer 40,000 tournament:
01 Ruaraidh Disher
02 Richard Read
03 Leslie Langhorn
04 Joel Pitt
05 Gerard Pitt
06 Simon Thorne
07 Richard Hogan
08 Matt Bennett
09 Chris Green
10 Adam Smith
11 Peter Bouckley
12 Graham Apperley
13 Chris Apperley
14 Gus O’Connor
15 Steve Martin
16 Gary Robinson
17 David Minnis
18 Jimmy Balderstone
19 Ricky Moore
20 Will Jones
21 Dave Pike
22 Rob Peck
23 Lee Badcock
24 Callum Slater
25 James Meikle
26 Tyler Cufflin
27 Paul Cook
28 Mark Smith
29 Matt Manship
30 Sandy Wilson
31 Graeme Silcock
32 Simon Horsfield
33 Martin Smith
34 Gary Percival
35 Chris Smith
36 Richard Horton
37 Paul Claridge
38 Jason Tovey
39 Jody Patterson
40 Robert Balmforth
41 Paul Kirk
42 Courtney Rhodes
43 Tom Yates
44 Jon Boyce
45 Tom Cullen
46 Paul Rood
47 Steve Colledge

EDIT: As of 19/03/06, the following people have been successfully registered for the Warhammer Fantasy tournament:
01 Ron Jansen
02 Koen Smeele
03 Adam Archer
04 Jon Wilson
05 Alan Richmond
06 Lewis Moorby
07 Jordan Lloyd
08 Sam Sedghi
09 Andrew Hughes
10 Marcus Steffen
11 Kevin Cochrane
12 Andrew Maddison
13 Ben Smith
14 Christopher Cook
15 Ed Stevenson
16 Anthony Spiers
17 Andrew Spiers
18 David Ievins
19 Thomas Hall

Fallen Angel
06-01-2006, 22:30
Is this open to anybody?

I'd quite like to go to it as i missed out on the GT final this year and know a couple of peeps who'd be interested in going along.

starlight
06-01-2006, 22:51
If only my classes didn't run until March 31.:cries:

Heck I could swing it if it was just a *bit* later.:cries:

<starts making plans for next year>

Bruen
06-01-2006, 22:54
When I try and buy a ticket I get the following Paypal error even though I am logged in to Paypal:

You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error is often the result of using bookmarks. To enter the PayPal website, please click on Welcome.
If you are already logged in, please click on My Account to continue.

nick
07-01-2006, 00:08
Sorry about those problems, I found that part of the paypal code was incorrect. I have fixed it so you should now be able to order with no further problems.

Let us know otherwise...
Nick

starlight
07-01-2006, 08:23
I must say that that is a spanking nice set of rule in the guide.:D Congratulations to the organisers. Now I'm really bummed at being in school.:(

<runs out to buy *many* lottery tickets:evilgrin:>

Bruen
07-01-2006, 09:55
Lovely :) Its working fine now thanks.

Cloud Runner
07-01-2006, 12:36
Ticket bought & reg form sent

Roll on March!!

samael
07-01-2006, 13:11
Tickets bought <check>

Hotel paid <check>

Registration forms send <check>

I'm ready for march

Crube
07-01-2006, 14:15
Are the To8G players having tickets reserved for them? Just I'm a bit short at the mo, and dont want to miss out...

Lavfluris
07-01-2006, 17:56
Are the To8G players having tickets reserved for them?I will not be reservng tickets, simply because there is not a fixed amount. I have had a fixed amount in the past and they never sold out, so I decided not to bother anymore. We will cater for however many (or few) turn up.

Fallen Angel
07-01-2006, 18:01
I will not be reservng tickets, simply because there is not a fixed amount. I have had a fixed amount in the past and they never sold out, so I decided not to bother anymore. We will cater for however many (or few) turn up.

fantastic idea.

will bugmans be open in the evening on the saturday or will warhammer world as a whole shut at 6?

Lavfluris
07-01-2006, 18:11
will bugmans be open in the evening on the saturday or will warhammer world as a whole shut at 6?Bugman's will not be open to us. The vast majority of the reveller-wargamers (i.e. my group) will be proceeding back to the Gresham Hotel before going out into Nottingham city centre every night.

Is this open to anybody?Yes, everybody. Feel free to bring any of your friends, the more the merrier. A true strategist would bring no one though, as that gives them a better chance of winning a prize. ;)

I must say that that is a spanking nice set of rule in the guide.Thanks, it’s the result of the four events I have previously run for Portent and myself, plus a couple of ideas I ‘borrowed’ from Pertinax. Mind you, his last Rules Packs was more or less one of my earlier ones, simply renamed ‘Winter War 2’ instead of ‘Portent Tournament 2005’, so I’m entitles to stealing some of his ideas. :p

*cue slagging contest with Pertinax*

Fallen Angel
07-01-2006, 18:19
Yes, everybody. Feel free to bring any of your friends, the more the merrier. A true strategist would bring no one though, as that gives them a better chance of winning a prize. ;)

or i just bring friends that i know i can beat ;)

There should be a few of us Flame On types there then.

Great Harlequin
07-01-2006, 19:30
I'll be ordering a couple of tickets shortly, and I may be able to persuade a couple of others to tag along. Can't wait to see some of you guys! :D

Lav, when will the Judges be marking the armies for the 'Best Army' award? (Not that I'll get nominated, of course) The rules pack doesn't really specify, though I'd think the easiest time to clear the hall space would be the Lunch break after Round One.

All the very bestest,

EDIT: Btw, does that Yellow Card still stand? ;)

jigplums
07-01-2006, 20:01
how many people are estimated for 40k?

Lavfluris
08-01-2006, 08:58
The rules pack doesn't really specify, though I'd think the easiest time to clear the hall space would be the Lunch break after Round One. The Judges will decide the Best Army nominees over the course of the first day rather that at any one particular moment. We have always done this and it has seemed to work well.

On the point of Judges, there are two Judges so far (me and the eternally helpful Hannah, CloudRunner’s anything-but-better half). McBain may also be able to attend in a Judge capacity, but that will more than likely be confirmed closer to March.

Btw, does that Yellow Card still stand? ;)Yes, it does. Continue mentioning it and I’ll give you a Red Card. ;)

how many people are estimated for 40k?Going by past attendances, somewhere between sixteen and twenty, maybe twenty-four.

Fallen Angel
08-01-2006, 15:29
well me and two mates will be coming along anyway. Flame on!!

stormtrooper154
08-01-2006, 19:24
ive just bought my tickets. just waiting for the rules pack :)
lavfluris, i sent you an email about my address cos i didnt put all of it in ..................... doh!!

damz451
08-01-2006, 20:34
out of curiosity what are the prizes if any?

Lavfluris
08-01-2006, 23:35
out of curiosity what are the prizes if any?There are trophies for Warhammer 40,000 Overall Champion, Warhammer 40,000 2nd Place, Warhammer 40,000 3rd Place, Warhammer 40,000 Best Army and Warhammer 40,000 Best Sportsman. There may also be a wooden spoon for the person who comes last.

The above trophies are also available in Warhammer Fantasy versions. ;)

Hywel
09-01-2006, 00:44
It's not the winning but the drinking that counts.

Lavfluris
09-01-2006, 00:46
It's not the winning but the drinking that counts.Aren't you arranging a prize for the 'I Lasted Until It Was Just Me And Samael' prize for whoever comes second to last?

Hywel
09-01-2006, 00:54
Alright then, a packet of paracetemol and a gin and tonic.

samael
09-01-2006, 05:52
Aren't you arranging a prize for the 'I Lasted Until It Was Just Me And Samael' prize for whoever comes second to last?

No fair.

People get a whole wrong idea of what I'm all about. ;)

Fallen Angel
09-01-2006, 09:12
haha tickets and hotel sorted. now i just need to think which army to bring along......vehicle heavy marines or all infantry chaos marines...hmmm the choices!!

Danger Rat
09-01-2006, 09:32
Is there a cut off point for buying tickets or will they remain on sale right up to the weekend?

Great Harlequin
09-01-2006, 10:26
Is there a cut off point for buying tickets or will they remain on sale right up to the weekend?
It's all there on the website:

Tickets are on sale until midnight on March 17th.

All the very bestest,

stormtrooper154
09-01-2006, 11:53
In the rulespack it says you should bring an objective marker and that it should be on a 60mm base, now i have had an excellent idea for an objective marker for my army but it needs to be bigger than 60mm. i was thinking cd size. is that ok?

Hannah
09-01-2006, 12:02
On the point of Judges, there are two Judges so far (me and the eternally helpful Hannah, CloudRunner’s anything-but-better half).

Be nice Lav or I'll set mini evil one on you:evilgrin:

If you you change it to CloudRunners super duper infinitely better half I'll change her name to Simone by deed poll;)

The Evil One

Jedi152
09-01-2006, 14:12
Would this be a good time to say the Fantasy Rules pack doesn't work?

"Word was unable to read this document. It may be corrupt"

**EDIT** Ok, got it. Had to 'open and repair'.

Storm Hunters
09-01-2006, 15:05
how many tickets are there and how soon are they likely to sell out, baced on privious years. Also is there an age limmate, im 16 so i hope that will be alright, iv been lokking at entering a tornomet for a while now and think this would be a good one to start with.

redemptionist15
09-01-2006, 15:48
No fair.

People get a whole wrong idea of what I'm all about.

Indeed.

No one can last with Samael, i reckon the last 2 would both fall unconscious at the same time. In a drinking contest theres only one winner when Samael is involved :p

Lavfluris
09-01-2006, 18:36
i was thinking cd size. is that ok?The idea behind the 60mm design is that it just gets place on top of terrain if need be. A CD sized objective marker does not have the same effect, and makes it far too easy for no one to claim the objective as multiple units could claim it due to it’s larger circumference. So in sort, no, not really. :)

If you you change it to CloudRunners super duper infinitely better half I'll change her name to Simone by deed poll;) How about ‘Cloud Runner’s sexier, cooler and nicer half’? That way I wouldn’t be lying. :p

Would this be a good time to say the Fantasy Rules pack doesn't work?I’ll get that sorted out. Apologies for that.

how many tickets are there and how soon are they likely to sell out, baced on privious years.There is no entry limit as I seriously doubt Carnage could fill the entire eighty tables of Warhammer World. Basically, if you buy a ticket, you will be catered for.

Also is there an age limmate, im 16 so i hope that will be alright, iv been lokking at entering a tornomet for a while now and think this would be a good one to start with.If you want to attend, then do so, I don’t have a problem with younger wargamers.

Darkseer
10-01-2006, 07:33
I have purchased my ticket for the Deathwing!

WanderingRogue
10-01-2006, 09:39
well i plan on comming- even though im fairley new round here. my alpha legion need an airing.

one question though is it limited to members of warseer? only i have a few mates still from my stint as a blue shirt and they might be interested in comming along too?

gary

stormtrooper154
10-01-2006, 09:54
So how much work have you guys that are going to carnarge have before your ready?
I have to paint 20 hormagaunts build and paint a winged tyrant (whenever it gets here!) and build an objective marker :eek:

Fallen Angel
10-01-2006, 09:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
Is this open to anybody

Yes, everybody. Feel free to bring any of your friends, the more the merrier. A true strategist would bring no one though, as that gives them a better chance of winning a prize.

so yes. Be interesting to see another AL player - never seem to meet them at tournament that i go to.

Jedi152
10-01-2006, 09:57
So how much work have you guys that are going to carnarge have before your ready?

Check the thread in my sig. Got quite a way to go yet...

WanderingRogue
10-01-2006, 10:10
@ fallen angel.

cool, thanks didnt spot that.

its a bit sad but ive been playing 40k for 12 years and never gone to a big tourney (that one conflict dont count) so i posted my list in the tactics section just to check i dont embaress myself, i'd appreciate your views if your a fellow AL player.

gary

stormtrooper154
10-01-2006, 10:47
I thought i would show you one of my carnifexs. He will be there and hopefully do some damage :D

mattjgilbert
10-01-2006, 11:33
Damn! I have an all week residential course starting on the 20th. There is no-way my wife will let me vanish for the weekend too! I really wanted to come to this :(
Hope everyone has fun

samael
10-01-2006, 11:42

Only the marker, which leads me to a question : 60mm slottabase?

The biggest one in fantasy is 50mm, is it not?

Fallen Angel
10-01-2006, 11:44
If i take my AL (most probable), all ive got to is make the markers and do another heavy bolter havoc squad, though i need to do that for the Yorkshire Open at the end of the month anyway!! Even though, this is over 2 months away, im really looking forward to this already.

Jedi152
10-01-2006, 11:53
Only the marker, which leads me to a question : 60mm slottabase?

The biggest one in fantasy is 50mm, is it not?
It is. Methinks you'll have to scrounge a 40k 60mm base from somewhere, or just use a 60mm bit of card.

Are you playing fantasy? What army are you taking?

samael
10-01-2006, 12:20
It is. Methinks you'll have to scrounge a 40k 60mm base from somewhere, or just use a 60mm bit of card.

Are you playing fantasy? What army are you taking?
Hmm I'll do that than.

I'll be playing Fantasy, Nurgle Daemonic legion,specifically these:

Crube
10-01-2006, 13:07
ooohh shiny...

Still got 5 Wild Riders, 6 Wardancers, 16 Eternal Guard, and my forest and display board to finish...

:eek:

Lardidar
10-01-2006, 15:09
Still got a lot to do and I still need to buy a ticket, just waiting on a friend to decide wether or not he is going too.

Crube
10-01-2006, 15:14
Ticket - that'd be useful too... :rolleyes:

(Hey, I'd have realised sooner or later...)

Storm Hunters
10-01-2006, 15:27
It says in the rules that each player needs a copy of the rule book. As i will probaly be coming with a friend with a copy and i cant realy afford £30 (for the book), and i know all the rules anyway, can i be a special case. im sure all my opponents will have one.

Hywel
10-01-2006, 17:07
Now where would we be if everyone thought like that! Money for armies but not rulebooks *mutter grumble* kids... :p

samael
10-01-2006, 18:00
Ahh the final <Check>, I got the plaintickets.
Nottingham here I come. :D

Lavfluris
10-01-2006, 18:15
Only the marker, which leads me to a question : 60mm slottabase?It's the base used for Space Marine Terminators. If need be, use any suitable base of a 60mm diameter.

And bloody get MSN Messenger!

samael
10-01-2006, 19:03
And bloody get MSN Messenger!

I tried, I tried but the bloody machine won't accept it and even though I have the known problems, the solutions that they give me won't work. :(

Lavfluris
10-01-2006, 19:37
Rightio, I have a few payments to sort out.

I have recieved payments from Joel Pitt, Richard Hogan and Peter Bouchley (apologies for using your real names, but I have no other manner of identifying who you are). However, these three people have not submitted their Reg Forms.

If the above three could do so, as well as submit a Reg Form for each of the other people they bought tickets for (excluding Peter), then I can confirm their entries.

The Reg Forms are found at: http://www.warseer.com/attachments/Registration%20Form.doc

Otherwise, ticket sales have been very encouraging. There have been twelve entrants so far with plenty more to sign up. :)

WanderingRogue
10-01-2006, 19:51
unfortuantly im gonna have to wait to get paid on the 20th (jan or feb depending on bills) , ah to be a grown up! :cries:

stormtrooper154
10-01-2006, 23:08
It's the base used for Space Marine Terminators. If need be, use any suitable base of a 60mm diameter

Its actually the monsterous creature sized bases. I was going to do a digestion pool but it is too small on 60mm base, thats why i asked for a cd sized objective :D

sorry, i mis interpreted about that quote. didnt mean to come accross as arrogant or ought :D

redemptionist15
11-01-2006, 02:15
So did you mean a 40mm base Mr Tull?

As for what i have to do for my army. I have about 4% done :p

Lavfluris
11-01-2006, 07:07
So did you mean a 40mm base Mr Tull?I meant the 60mm base, just got the writ down the wrong description.

Darkseer
11-01-2006, 07:46
I thought it was 12" from the centre of the marker anyway?

Tom - Heretic
12-01-2006, 16:50
Yeah, size doesn't ma....
That is to say, bigger is be....

I'll stop now.

Storm Hunters
14-01-2006, 18:16
Lavfluris do you have an answer on my rule book question, i would like to come but having to buy the rule book would effectivly dubble the price and that would probaly be the deciding factor in me deciding to come, thanks.

Great Harlequin
14-01-2006, 20:09
I thought it was 12" from the centre of the marker anyway?
Yeah, that's right.

I think the reason why the marker's reduced to that size is so it can fit on the board without having to move any terrain around to ensure a fair game.

Anyway, tickets purchased and registration form sent. Just got to build and paint the rest of the army now. :eek:

stormtrooper154
14-01-2006, 20:14
so what are you gonna take?

Great Harlequin
14-01-2006, 20:47
so what are you gonna take?
Me?

I'll be taking my Ulthwé which I'm currently doing up for the Tale of Eight Gamers - see my sig.

Heero-Severus
15-01-2006, 17:04
Hey guys, Lav has talked me into this.

Ive never played in a tournement before, and i think ive only ever played 1 game of 40k 4thed! altho ive been playing since RT era.. so i shouldnt be to much of a nuub!
Fingers crossed if i get my head into the painting, i should be bringing a Crimson Fists First Company Force (deathwing list).
Just thought id say hey, and be nice to me :)

(lav will be paying at the end of the month)

Lavfluris
15-01-2006, 20:37
Lavfluris do you have an answer on my rule book question, i would like to come but having to buy the rule book would effectivly dubble the price and that would probaly be the deciding factor in me deciding to come, thanks.Buying the rulebook and entering Carnage is ultimately down to you, I can not force to buy anything after all. It is advised that you bring your own rulebook but it is not enforced.

*awaits no one bringing their rulebooks*

Nuts. :p

Fingers crossed if i get my head into the painting, i should be bringing a Crimson Fists First Company Force (deathwing list).Two Deathwing armies from Portsmouth, you'd have think there's a bandwagon going on. ;)

nick
15-01-2006, 20:43
Buying the rulebook and entering Carnage is ultimately down to you, I can not force to buy anything after all. It is advised that you bring your own rulebook but it is not enforced.

*awaits no one bringing their rulebooks*

Nuts. :p
Maybe we should make a prize a shiny new rulebook? Then we'll know there would be at least one.

Nick

Heero-Severus
15-01-2006, 23:03
Two Deathwing armies from Portsmouth, you'd have think there's a bandwagon going on. ;)

indeed and in this case, its been thoughroughly jumped on :P

but then again you have been my mentor on all things tournement, is it any wonder :P

Darkseer
16-01-2006, 09:26
Yay! Another Deathwing player *punches the air with powerfist*

Jedi152
16-01-2006, 14:20
Ive never played in a tournement before, and i think ive only ever played 1 game of 40k 4thed! altho ive been playing since RT era.. so i shouldnt be to much of a nuub!
Don't worry about it, i've played one game of 6th ed WFB, and got massacred, so you'll have competition for the wooden spoon... :p

I'm just there to have a good time and meet other WarSeerers.

Crube
16-01-2006, 14:32
Don't worry about it, i've played one game of 6th ed WFB, and got massacred, so you'll have competition for the wooden spoon... :p

T'was me last time....sigh - 3 generalship points out of 100...

Anyway, it was fun, and for me that was the main thing. I did get the trophy for most sporting opponent in WFB, and was 2nd in the Best army category so...

Rik Valdis
16-01-2006, 17:18
Im thinking about entering with mech tau. I have not played 40k in about 8 months now and probably wont get a chance to play before the torunament so I think if I do enter the wooden spoon will be spoken for!

stormtrooper154
16-01-2006, 17:43
I do enter the wooden spoon will be spoken for!

I dont know, i havent used my tyranids much so any win would be a good thing :D

Heero-Severus
17-01-2006, 09:10
I'm just there to have a good time and meet other WarSeerers.

thats exactly my sentiment, tis why im entering this and not a GW GT. I hope i get games against u guys who are equally as novice with you armies as me, i can imagine it being quite a larf :)

Crube
17-01-2006, 09:11
Last one was really good...

Great bunch of guys, some great games...

Darkseer
17-01-2006, 09:15
Now for some advice for you noobies:

"Beer increases reaction time and concentration."

Were it not for beer, I wouldn't be the player I am today. :D

Fallen Angel
17-01-2006, 11:02
Now for some advice for you noobies:

"Beer increases reaction time and concentration."

Were it not for beer, I wouldn't be the player I am today. :D

got to agree there....the games get better the later in the day it gets!!

I think my army that im bringing is quite harsh but im going to try to make the point of making the games fun for both players. Plus the requisite pint at the bar afterwards if you're old enough ;)

Jedi152
17-01-2006, 11:10
I'm expecting some tactical advice from Mr. Bugmans XXXXXX myself on the day...

Darkseer
19-01-2006, 09:08
Lav, last time which of the two meals was horrible?
I can't remember if it was the chicken...thing, or the burger?

Crube
19-01-2006, 09:49
I quite enjoyed the Warhawk sandwich thingy...

Darkseer
19-01-2006, 10:01
Maybe it was the burger...?
I really can't remember.

Lavfluris
19-01-2006, 17:13
Lav, last time which of the two meals was horrible?I did not finish my Warhawk Sandwich or whatever the hell it was called, as I had other things to do. I think I had the Space Marine Snack on the second day, that was alright.

WanderingRogue
20-01-2006, 05:24
get a space marine thing sandwich - £3.25 ish and its gooooood. In fact dammit i think i'll have one for lunch today, im going to warhammer world.

Jedi152
20-01-2006, 07:09
So will they be doing a proper menu on both days? Sometimes they do special (not as good) food for special events.

I'm still sad they stopped the Fat Bloke Special. God, in burger form.

Darkseer
20-01-2006, 07:28
Normally it's a choice of GW burger (with real rat) or GW chicken burger (with real pigeon)... and chips of course.

samael
20-01-2006, 07:31
Do they still serve those huge portions that are stacked so high that I can't look over my plate?
Christ if that's the normal size of lunch over there I don't understand why you brits a so small.

Morph
20-01-2006, 08:28
Hey Lavfluris, I've been meaning to go to a Warhammer tourney for some time and this one looks pretty friendly. If I can persuade a friend or two to come with me, I'll see you all in March.

Looking over the rules, I've got one question about how the best sporting is worked out. It states it will be the person who has the highest sportsmanship marks, but the expectation is that most people will have 'great game' for all of their games. So you should get a lot of people on full marks. In which case (according to the rules) it will default to the best general. Seems a bit weird, ending up that way. Then again, I can't really see any other way of doing it.

Blame my gaming mind for picking up on these rules loopholes!

Great Harlequin
20-01-2006, 16:30
Normally it's a choice of GW burger (with real rat) or GW chicken burger (with real pigeon)... and chips of course.
They have real pidgeon now? :eek:

But, seriously, most of the food at Warhammer World isn't that bad, I'd suggest the Space Marine snack (Chicken, Back Bacon and Cheddar Cheese in a Large Toasted Baguette).

Bugman's Burger isn't bad either. One thing that can always be said of the food is, at least, they come in large portions. :D

It states it will be the person who has the highest sportsmanship marks, but the expectation is that most people will have 'great game' for all of their games. So you should get a lot of people on full marks. In which case (according to the rules) it will default to the best general. Seems a bit weird, ending up that way. Then again, I can't really see any other way of doing it.
This is the only flaw in the system. Then again, if you get the most marks for Best General and therefore Best Sportsman it does show that you have won the tournament whilst avoiding extreme lengths to do so - as they would get a couple of 'Poor Game' results if they did take it to extreme lengths.

However, it's still better than the previous system which can be abused really badly.

All the very bestest,

EDIT: Btw, who has actually finished their armies for this yet?

Lavfluris
20-01-2006, 17:54
Then again, I can't really see any other way of doing it.The only other way is to use a voting system, but I trust that far less than [censored by the WarSeer Inquisition].

Fallen Angel
20-01-2006, 18:22
could you not just get each player to vote for one of their opponents they've played as best opponent?? So when you hand in your results for the last round, you write down the persons name who you've played that you think was the best opponent. Of course that requires remembering your opponents names over the weekend but i assume you'll have a list somewhere of everyones names!!

Have to second the Space Marine Snack. had that at the GT heats and it was damn nice. well worth it.

samael
21-01-2006, 12:51
EDIT: Btw, who has actually finished their armies for this yet?

That would be me.

Any idea how many people will enter the fantasy tournament yet Lav?

Tom - Heretic
21-01-2006, 13:18
I think if people are trying to find out about how to win best sportsman, the point has been missed ;).
Oh, and if we have mutiple people with the same sportsmanship score, surely the first person to say "oh, well you can take it, old chap" should be the winner. Failing that, a knife fight to the death.

Do they still serve those huge portions that are stacked so high that I can't look over my plate?
Christ if that's the normal size of lunch over there I don't understand why you brits a so small.

*hums Immigrant song* :angel:

Crux
21-01-2006, 15:21
Count me in - for next year.

By then, I'll be 18 and I'll (hopefully) have finished my Deathwing...

Lavfluris
21-01-2006, 18:18
Any idea how many people will enter the fantasy tournament yet Lav?I expect around twelve to sixteen.

Failing that, a knife fight to the death.That's not such a bad idea.

could you not just get each player to vote for one of their opponents they've played as best opponent??This was the system I have used in previous events. I can always revert back to this in the next event if this one does not work.

Darkseer
22-01-2006, 10:22
How many 40K peoples so far?

Lavfluris
22-01-2006, 18:04
How many 40K peoples so far?Thirteen.

Lucky for some. ;)

Crube
22-01-2006, 18:17
I'll be getting my ticket this week...as soon as eBay people have paid up... :D

Storm Hunters
22-01-2006, 18:58
Me and my friend should be comming, and will pay up as soon as we get accomadation sorted. (we hope to stay at a family friends house, or camp in there garden) I will bring my Storm Hunters Space Marine Leagen, all i need are the objective markers, and my friend will bring Raven gaurd, because i cant see him painting the hundred imps he needs to finninsh his new army in time.
So im off to raid the bits box, now were did i put that 60mm bace?

Rik Valdis
22-01-2006, 21:05
It seems that I probably will not be able to come after all as my phone broke (just after I topped it up with £30!) and after taking my money the O2 site decided that they had no record of my order, so I had to go and buy it a second time. I am now £650 overdrawn with no sign of me getting any money anytime soon (bloody student loan company....) so I dont think I can justify spending money on the accomodation. Next year.... next year.

Crube
22-01-2006, 21:39
Just paid and sent the registration form

+1 to the Fantasy side...

Lavfluris
22-01-2006, 23:05
Fantasy, the traditional struggler, now has four entrants. Two more and everyone faces a fresh opponent every Round. :p

WanderingRogue
23-01-2006, 07:01
well im comming - but cant manage to pay till payday . But i have convinced a couple of mates to come along: a few old blue shirt friends of mine. Chaos armys coming up in force!

g

Morph
23-01-2006, 08:36
Well I should be coming for fantasy, and I think I've managed to persuade two other fantasy players along, and one 40k guy. I'll pay as soon as they confirm.

Lardidar
23-01-2006, 09:07
Paid and Registered.

See you all there.

Cloud Runner
23-01-2006, 11:54
Lav, just out of curiosity, how many people from the last tourney have already signed up for this one, and how many new faces will we be seeing?

Cheers

stormtrooper154
23-01-2006, 14:50
Im a new guy! Have only been to one conflict and im looking forward to it. Nearly finished my tyranids...

Lavfluris
23-01-2006, 17:18
Lav, just out of curiosity, how many people from the last tourney have already signed up for this one, and how many new faces will we be seeing?It is about half and half.

Tom - Heretic
23-01-2006, 17:39
Glad to have new faces around, Stormtrooper. As long as you stand your round and don't throw up (on anything valuable), you'll be welcome.

Sylass
23-01-2006, 18:08
Fantasy, the traditional struggler, now has four entrants. Two more and everyone faces a fresh opponent every Round. :p
Pay me a ticket, find me a place to stay and more importantly, explain my boss that I *have* to get the weekend off and I'll be number 5! :p

samael
23-01-2006, 18:39
I got your explanation, just tell him that the man in this picture will be upset with you If you do not attend, that should help. ;)

<Edit>

To add smiley

stormtrooper154
23-01-2006, 21:08
Glad to have new faces around, Stormtrooper. As long as you stand your round and don't throw up (on anything valuable), you'll be welcome.

theres no question i can hold my own, my job involves plenty of alcohol abuse :D
unfortunately i will be commuting to the venue from my new home, its only 90mins away. :cries:

Sylass
24-01-2006, 05:14
I got your explanation, just tell him that the man in this picture will be upset with you If you do not attend, that should help. ;) [...]Awww, how cute. :p

Luckily that picture can't scare me anymore. I gained immunity after approving it for the gallery. ;)

Seriously, it'll be next to impossible for me to get said weekend off. :(

ironduke
24-01-2006, 13:58
im going to have to pay next month all £115 :eek:

so come around tuesday 31st

Brimstone
26-01-2006, 06:31
OK I'm in for the fantasy tournament. One of my friends from the club will also be entering the 40K tourny.

Crube
26-01-2006, 07:37
What are you bringing Brimstone?

Lavfluris
26-01-2006, 09:27
What are you bringing Brimstone?He'll be bringing his Ogres.

Morph
26-01-2006, 09:50
Do you have any idea how strict it will be on each model being 'mostly' a GW miniature?

I'm persuading a friend to come along, but his beasts army contains Minotaurs which have their heads replaced with heads from Confrontation miniatures. Will this be allowed or not?

His Dragon Ogres are entirely Confrontation minis, so obviously those can't be used and he's working on replacing them. But we're unsure as to head swaps for the Minotaurs.

Jedi152
26-01-2006, 09:59
Do you have any idea how strict it will be on each model being 'mostly' a GW miniature?
I was wondering this. All of my mini's are GW, but how would it work?

Does the mini have to be at least 50% GW by weight?

Crube
26-01-2006, 10:03
I seem to recall that it had to be identifiable as a GW mini.

A bit subjective I know, but I suppose that a simple head swap should be fine. If it was the other way round i could see an issue...

Sylass
26-01-2006, 10:04
My "Centigor Knights" (Chaos Knights) had Confrontation horse bodies from the Centaur miniature range, the upper bodies were made using GW parts.

Noone complained about that. Not even Gav told me I had to leave Warhammer World for bringing non-GW minis/parts with me. ;)

hairyman
26-01-2006, 10:10
Is this players only in the gaming hall, or if random Warseer members (who live an hour up the road and had nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon) fancied wandering down and seeing what people looked like in the flesh would they be allowed in to gawk and cheer enthusiastically?

Lavfluris
26-01-2006, 10:21
Will this be allowed or not?It will be allowed.

Is this players only in the gaming hall, or if random Warseer members (who live an hour up the road and had nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon) fancied wandering down and seeing what people looked like in the flesh would they be allowed in to gawk and cheer enthusiastically?Yes, if you feel the urge, then feel free. ;)

Crube
26-01-2006, 11:02
WHW is open to the public, so yeah, pop down Hairyman :)

As players, you have to be used to being part of a spectator sport...especially at 'peak times'

Darkseer
26-01-2006, 11:19
Once I was playing a game where I'd lost all heart and expected my Deathwing to die horribly.

But then, these two young lads came over to have a look and said "Woah! That's an awesome army mate." Then walked off.

It gave me hope. It gave me the desire to kick some **** and I won my game. -oooh yeah!

So bystanders aren't always a bad thing...provided your army looks cool.

Morph
26-01-2006, 13:32
So bystanders aren't always a bad thing...provided your army looks cool.

And if it looks like it was painted with mud by a drunken blind man? I feel I could be in trouble.

Good news on the minotaurs, I'll pass on these comments. Thanks.

Darkseer
26-01-2006, 17:04
And if it looks like it was painted with mud by a drunken blind man? I feel I could be in trouble.

In that case, they come over and tell you that you suck, your army sucks and that you deserve to die....

Then you burst in :D to tears

Brimstone
26-01-2006, 17:54
What are you bringing Brimstone?

Ogres as Lav mentioned, what are you bringing to the table?

Great Harlequin
26-01-2006, 18:47
Don't worry mate. ;)

My painting, for instance, could be mistaken to have been done by a blind man who suffers from violent convulsions at regular intervals.

All the very bestest,

EDIT: Will be nice to see Brimmy in the flesh, if we get him drunk enough maybe he'll slip up and divulge loads of classified GW info. :evilgrin:

Brimstone
26-01-2006, 19:04
EDIT: Will be nice to see Brimmy in the flesh, if we get him drunk enough maybe he'll slip up and divulge loads of classified GW info. :evilgrin:

Go for it. :D

Darkseer
26-01-2006, 19:09
Yay! :D *boogies*

Cloud Runner
26-01-2006, 19:13

Hmm, didn't work before, but maybe this time it will, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Good to see you'll be around this time Brimmy, we missed ya in August (and so did the baby, although she hadn't properly met you before:wtf: )

Roll on March (although it does mean I have to paint)

Crube
26-01-2006, 19:20
I'll be bringing the Wood Elves from the Tale of 8 Gamers (see the link in the sig for my thread, and links to piccies etc...

Lavfluris
26-01-2006, 20:45
EDIT: Will be nice to see Brimmy in the flesh, if we get him drunk enough maybe he'll slip up and divulge loads of classified GW info. :evilgrin:We? :eyebrows:

You're too young to drink, so you should really have said 'Will be nice to see Brimmy in the flesh, if the others get him drunk enough maybe he'll slip up and divulge loads of classified GW info. :evilgrin:'.

Thinking of you always. ;)

hairyman
27-01-2006, 09:01
*checks public profile*

GH is only 14??? :eek: Dude, I figured you were one of the older posters around here!

Next you'll be telling me Brimstone is still at primary school....

Sylass
27-01-2006, 09:17
[...] Next you'll be telling me Brimstone is still at primary school....
You didn't know that? :confused:

Lavfluris
27-01-2006, 10:31
I have just found out that the mighty Pitchshifter will be playing at Rock City on the Saturday night. I and a few others will be in attendance. Tickets are £12.50 and are available from here (http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/18003B4EEF81D453?artistid=750899&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1).

Dance metal baby yeah! :D

Great Harlequin
27-01-2006, 16:45
Go for it!
Don't happen to have the security codes to the studio, do you? :evilgrin:

You're too young to drink, so you should really have said 'Will be nice to see Brimmy in the flesh, if the others get him drunk enough maybe he'll slip up and divulge loads of classified GW info'.
Mere technicalities. I always find someone willing to buy me a drink.

Besides you may well be my elder, but I'm still your intellectual superior. :p

Good to see you'll be around this time Brimmy, we missed ya in August (and so did the baby, although she hadn't properly met you before )
Are you bringing the baby to Carnage then? :)

*checks public profile*

GH is only 14??? :eek: Dude, I figured you were one of the older posters around here!
Cheers!

Emperor's bedsores, a teenager that can spell! What is this new-fangled devilry?

Lavfluris
27-01-2006, 18:20
Besides you may well be my elder, but I'm still your intellectual superior. :pThat has earned you a Red Card.

Cloud Runner
27-01-2006, 19:05
Are you bringing the baby to Carnage then? :)

She was at the last one, and she was only 12 days old!!

And technically, you kinda know her too, thou you haven't been to Da Klub since she was born.

Cheers all, and as they say......

"Let the Carnage commence!!!" [/end cheese:D ]

hairyman
28-01-2006, 00:08
Emperor's bedsores, a teenager that can spell! What is this new-fangled devilry?

A teenager that can spell and write more intelligently than 95% of the posters here? Ye gods of men.....

Crube
28-01-2006, 12:56
He's a plant I tell you... He's not really real...

Great Harlequin
28-01-2006, 14:29
That has earned you a Red Card.
Just expulsion to go now. ;)

And technically, you kinda know her too, thou you haven't been to Da Klub since she was born.
Aye. :(

Sadly, it clashed with my running training. And I've still got another 17 weeks or so left before "The Big Run O' Doom: And Lo There Was Much Gnashing Of Teeth".

But, after that I should be able to start regularly attending again. Rest assured, none of you will escape my wrath! ;)

All the very bestest,

Nineswords
29-01-2006, 14:19
Ticket bought and registration complete. Now I actually have to finish my army.

Crube
30-01-2006, 15:03
Minor detail eh, Nineswords....

Lav, Have all of us WFB To8G-ers got our tickets yet. If not, care to name and shame so we can ridicule, sorry, make sure they do...?

Jedi152
30-01-2006, 15:32
Erm ... i haven't.

*...is now named, and waits to be shamed*

I'll be buying it with March's pay check.

Crube
30-01-2006, 15:33
*...is now named, and waits to be shamed*

Do you want to rephrase that...

If not, I hear there's some useful websites you could explore...(PG-13 forum, no links allowed ;) )

ninjahamster
01-02-2006, 15:53
Yarrrrrr!!!

Paid and registered.

Now, what army to bring, Pods, guard, orks.......

BTW how many peeps are signed up to 40k so far (just wondering if i'll end up playing a load of the flame on guys)

ninjahamster
01-02-2006, 16:04
Quick question.

In the Rule pack it doesn't say anything about allies - are you allowed them?

For example, my Imperial Guard with allied Daemonhunters?

Cheers

Fallen Angel
01-02-2006, 16:28
you know we're all going to end up playing each other at some point. I will feel sorry for the person who ends up playing against Flame On all weekend - wont want to see anymore red forever!!

Storm Hunters
02-02-2006, 11:04
the rule pack says "you may not use allies of any kind, unless you are using and inquisaion list as a core, and want to add gaurd or Sms. you cant add =I= to sm of gard though.

mutant child
02-02-2006, 12:21
One of my friends from the club will also be entering the 40K tourny.

That will be me then, yeah im bringing either my deamonhunters or my chaos with me, still need to decide which one though.

Heero-Severus
02-02-2006, 22:53
All payed up for 40k and hotel..

Im gonna get pwnt by u all :)

Brimstone
03-02-2006, 05:34
That will be me then, yeah im bringing either my deamonhunters or my chaos with me, still need to decide which one though.

Entrance fee paid, we'll sort out the hotel in a couple of weeks.

Fallen Angel
03-02-2006, 13:53
So how many peeps are coming to play 40k now?? I know Flame On has at least 7 players at the moment going - watch out for the red t-shirts!!

Lavfluris
05-02-2006, 22:38
So how many peeps are coming to play 40k now?? I know Flame On has at least 7 players at the moment going - watch out for the red t-shirts!!There are about twenty-four signed up for the 40K tournament.

Okay, I have two payments with no Reg Forms to back them up.

The names of the payees are Sam Sedghi, from London, who has bought one ticket, as well as Sarah Jones, from Peterborough, who has bought two tickets. I suspect I know who the latter is paying for, but we’ll see.

Could the people these payments refer to send me their Rules Packs at their earliest convenience.

Brimstone
06-02-2006, 03:55
If he hasn't done it before I see him again I'll harrass Sam when I see him at the Club.

Darkseer
06-02-2006, 06:58
Just curious Brimmy, but which London club do you attend?

Brimstone
06-02-2006, 11:21
The Watford Wargames Federation, thanks to a recent merger now one of the biggest in the area :cool:

Darkseer
06-02-2006, 15:42
Ah, I presumed the club would be in London, not Hertfordshire.

Brimstone
06-02-2006, 19:04
I changed my location after July7th and haven't got round to changing it to anything else yet.

ninjahamster
09-02-2006, 15:14
Bah!

I got all excited about bringing my Feral Orks for a change to my Podding Marines, but now notice they're not listed in the list of 'Allowed Armies'

I assume this is intentional, and I can't bring my lovely Ferals out to play?

Fallen Angel
09-02-2006, 16:33
There's something about S5 orks that people just don't like............

ninjahamster
09-02-2006, 23:34
I mean really, who would get scared about 60 S5 Fearless orks, and the other 50odd models as well......

Fallen Angel
10-02-2006, 00:09
well not me but thats why i take at least 10 heavy bolters in my armies. Mental note for you: dont play against me for a while!!

Just take your pods. Or take BA like me and matt. We should really get one of each race in 40k for each of Flame On going.......

Danger Rat
10-02-2006, 11:04
How many have signed up for WFB so far out of interest?

Lavfluris
11-02-2006, 07:06
I assume this is intentional, and I can't bring my lovely Ferals out to play?Correct. At the moment, you can not use the Feral Orks in a Carnage event, but no doubt this will change in the future.

How many have signed up for WFB so far out of interest?Fantasy has seven players so far and 40K has twenty players so far.

gortexgunnerson
11-02-2006, 13:30
Hey all paid for and registration set in so plus 1 to fantasy!!

Will also hassle Dodgy_Ed to pay up before he spends all his bill money on beer lol.

Playing Tomb kings maybe. Will depend on whether I can sort a 2000 point army with a broken shoulder lol. Had first game with them yesterday and was pretty pleased makes a change from having all infantry and guns, though might try and paint some more empire and dig last years army out of the box!

Toastee
11-02-2006, 19:04
All paid up for hotel and 40k tourney and Registration Form also sent. :)

Looking forward to it.

stormtrooper154
12-02-2006, 19:35
Will the unofficial faqs from this site be in use for the event?

Plus all you 40k entrants, what are you taking?

Darkseer
12-02-2006, 19:48
DEATHWING! :D (as if you didn't guess)

stormtrooper154
12-02-2006, 20:13
I didnt know that :D

Ive been reading your thread on your deathwing, how much do you get in 1500pts?

Have you had much success with them?

Fallen Angel
12-02-2006, 23:26
im really not sure what to take. At the moment im leaning towards taking my Blood Angels as im repainting some of them up now and have quite a juicy list for them. Alternatively i could just take my Alpha Legion as i know they work and they look nicer (well i actually converted two of them!!). Or i give into my mate and take his pink nids which look amazing.....argh the choices!!

ninjahamster
13-02-2006, 08:06
I think i'm gonna take either my Pods or my Tank Heavy Guard.

Choices, choices..... I think it'll depend on how well my Pods perform at the Yorkshire Open on Sunday.

Darkseer
13-02-2006, 09:05
I didnt know that :D

Ive been reading your thread on your deathwing, how much do you get in 1500pts?

Have you had much success with them?

Not enough. lol :D

I've had a fair bit of success. The only problem with the Deathwing is that if you don't play perfectly in a competitive environment, you're screwed. Even if you play perfectly, it still could be a hard fought game. They are not very easy army to play.

I've had a fair amount of success with them though:
Portent 2005: 3rd place
Dysartes 2005: 4th place (won best sportsman)
Warseer 2005: 5th place

Lavfluris
13-02-2006, 10:56
Will the unofficial faqs from this site be in use for the event?Only the FAQ's and errata from the GW site and WD magazine are in effect.

Toastee
13-02-2006, 11:37
I'll be taking my marines as my Tau are no way near ready yet.

samael
13-02-2006, 17:32
Fantasy has seven players so far and 40K has twenty players so far.

Only seven! :eek:
C'mon there must be some more fantasy players on this board, I know there are.

Lardidar
13-02-2006, 20:21

There are Eight of us in To8G, I know I have my ticket and Crube has his not sure if the others have bought yet.

PS - Is a ticket posted to us or is it a name on a list gig and no ticket needed?

Lavfluris
14-02-2006, 07:00
Is a ticket posted to us or is it a name on a list gig and no ticket needed?It's a nåme on a list thing. We used to hand øut tickets but stopped that pråctice after a while.

EDIT: Blasted Norweigan keyboards! :p

Morph
14-02-2006, 09:00

There are 3 more fantasy players coming, just as soon as I get myself sorted. Honest!

It is a bit dissapointing though that it gets such a low turnout for fantasy. Perhaps it could be advertised better somehow.

Darkseer
14-02-2006, 11:01
I think that next time it should be all 40K ;)

samael
14-02-2006, 11:08
I think that next time it should be all 40K ;)

<WHACK>

Sorry it had to be done.

Darkseer
14-02-2006, 13:13
2+ save
rolls dice
6!
*ping*

My armoured hide makes me strong!

Rik Valdis
14-02-2006, 13:33
Is there a deadline for the money? I might just decide I can come after all with my dwarfs if I can find somewhere to sleep (I cant afford the hotel mentioned but I know some people in Notts so I might get a bed for the weekend).

Jedi152
14-02-2006, 14:21
The deadline is midnight on March 17th IIRC.

I'll be paying as soon as my wages are paid this month ... :angel:

Brimstone
17-02-2006, 05:48
Hotel payment has been made for Mutant Child & myself.

ryntyrr
17-02-2006, 12:06
Hey I registered at last!!! see you guys up in WW world.

Emperor Protects

Sam

Brimstone
18-02-2006, 14:01
Hey I registered at last!!! see you guys up in WW world.

Let's just hope there no Bretonnian's eh Sam. :p

Gen_eV
20-02-2006, 01:52
Just registered for the 40K tournament, will be coming along with my 'nids.

Seven TMCs and nine 40mm bases. Even knowing my slow painting capabilities, I should be able to get that done over the course of the next month.

Crube
20-02-2006, 13:05
Hmm, only 7 WFB... What about all us Tale of 8 Gamers people...

Come on guys - get signed up...I cant beat you if you're not there (Yeah right, like THAT's gonna happen :rolleyes:)

and Jedi - i know you'll be singing up soon, but the rest of you....(with apologies to any of you who have signed up)

monstallion
20-02-2006, 21:44
well its 8 Fantasy now as i have just signed up. just got to finish painting those damn slayers :) :cries:

Kohhna
21-02-2006, 20:11
Unfortunately after consultation with my term diary, I will not be able to make it to Carnage 2006.

Konrad_Curze II
21-02-2006, 20:22
ill be buying my ticket this friday :D
immensly late like it should be :D

Lavfluris
22-02-2006, 09:20
Hey I registered at last!!! see you guys up in WW world.Will you be requiring a hotel space?

Over the last two weeks, there have been a lot of new entries into Carnage. Ten in fact. Sadly, Nick hasn't sent me the PayPal receipts for the last two weeks, so I am a little behind in sorting out who has entered. With regards to total entrants, we are looking at thirty-seven players so far.

EDIT: I may also require a laptop to compile the results, I'm not sure if anyone feels like lending me a laptop for the weekend?

Bruen
22-02-2006, 09:53
Lavfluris I know that you aren't sending out tickets or anything but are you going to publish a list or something so that we can check and make sure that we are registered. It would be a shame to turn up and find out that I am not on the list.

Brimstone
22-02-2006, 11:45
Will you be requiring a hotel space?

No he will not. ;)

Lavfluris
22-02-2006, 13:22
Lavfluris I know that you aren't sending out tickets or anything but are you going to publish a list or something so that we can check and make sure that we are registered.I will once Nick has sent me the PayPal receipts from when the tickets originally went on sale.

Jedi152
24-02-2006, 11:11
Ok, just got my ticket. Count one more for Fantasy.

Storm Hunters
24-02-2006, 18:38
i have accomadation sorted, am about to book the coach and torni tickets for me and a friend so count two more for 40k. all i need to do is get anouther pred befor the price hike on monday.

Storm Hunters
26-02-2006, 16:45
ok my friend want as deffinate answer to the question, "do grenades and dreadnought extra armour have to be shown on the model?" thanks

Lavfluris
26-02-2006, 18:01
ok my friend want as deffinate answer to the question, "do grenades and dreadnought extra armour have to be shown on the model?" thanksGrenades have to be shown on at least half of the models equipped with them and Dreadnoughts should have some additional armour plates to represent Extra Armour. Nothing too fancy is required, but it needs to be shown on the model.

Crube
26-02-2006, 18:03
A list of all of the confirmed entries will appear later today.

Any joy, Lav...?

Lavfluris
26-02-2006, 18:05
Any joy, Lav...?Just waiting for Nick...

Crube
26-02-2006, 18:08
fairy 'snuff

*gets sleeping bag and comfy pillow ready*
;)

Storm Hunters
27-02-2006, 14:46
this is avery long wait...

looks around for cows, and sister has just come in... must be time then.

Lavfluris
27-02-2006, 17:32
Okay, I've given up waiting for Nick, the following people have been succesfully registered:
01 40K - Richard Read
02 40K - Leslie Langhorn
03 Fantasy - Ron Jansen
04 Fantasy - Koen Smeele
05 40K - Simon Thorne
06 40K - Adam Smith
07 40K - Richard Hogan
08 40K - Matt Bennett
09 40K - Chris Green
10 40K - Peter Bouckley
11 40K - Joel Pitt
12 40K - Gerard Pitt
13 Fantasy - Adam Archer
14 40K - Chris Apperley
15 40K - Graham Apperley
16 40K - Ruaraidh Disher
17 40K - Gus O'Connor
18 Fantasy - Jon Wilson
19 Fantasy - Alan Richmond
20 Fantasy - Jordan Lloyd
21 40K - Steve Martin
22 Fantasy - Lewis Moorby
23 40K - Ricky Moore
24 40K - Rob Peck
25 40K - Jimmy Balderstone
26 40K - David Minnis
27 40K - Gary Robinson
28 40K - Lee Badcock
29 Fantasy - Sam Sedghi
30 Fantasy - Marcus Steffen
31 Fantasy - Kevin Cochrane
32 Fantasy - Andrew Hughes
33 40K - Graeme Silcock
34 40K - Tyler Cufflin
35 40K - Will Jones
36 40K - Matt Manship
37 40K - Callum Slater
38 40K - Sandy Wilson
39 40K - James Meikle
40 40K - Dave Pike
41 Fantasy - Andrew Maddison

There are still a few people I need to complete the registrations of. From now on, I will update the first post of this thread with successful entrants rather than spamming up this thread.

EDIT: Bloody spelling mistakes.

Storm Hunters
27-02-2006, 18:09
ok im not on the list but i only signed up yesterday so ill give you the benafit of the doubt.

Lavfluris
27-02-2006, 18:13
ok im not on the list but i only signed up yesterday so ill give you the benafit of the doubt.Damn right you should! ;)

Or rather, I have received your Registration Form, but I need to receive the receipt from Nick so that I know you have entered.

Konrad_Curze II
27-02-2006, 18:37
Damn right you should! ;)

Or rather, I have received your Registration Form, but I need to receive the receipt from Nick so that I know you have entered.

makes sense, i did mine a couple of days ago so im not on there either but im sure ill be on there at some point

Storm Hunters
27-02-2006, 19:01
yer thats ok im sure you have other things to do than just organise this.
btw i discoverd that on my regestraion form i missed the end off my email addy, its "simonhorsfield@hotmial.co.uk" if you want me to resend the regestration form with it corrected then i will happily obblige

Crube
27-02-2006, 19:12
Cool. Thanks Lav - we all appreciate the work you're doing...

By my reckoning, that's 12 WFB and 29 40K, not including the couple or so who have only just registered and arent on the list - not too shabby :)

Lavfluris
27-02-2006, 19:35
A few more confirmations:
42 Fantasy - Ben Smith
43 40K - Simon Horsfield
44 40K - Martin Smith

Just waiting on Paul Cook to send me his two Registration Forms, and we shall have forty-six entrants.

nick
27-02-2006, 19:42
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to be at the tournament if work allows to help support carnage. After all the work Lavfluris has done sorting this out its the least I can do. :)

Oh by the way, I might be taking a few photos for the gallery so make sure you look like a typical gamer geek :angel:

Thanks everyone for your support.
Nick

Konrad_Curze II
27-02-2006, 19:46
woo!! im on the list!!!

Crube
27-02-2006, 20:02
Right...need to dig out my crustiest oldest t-shirt...

Be good to meet you Nick - hope you can make it...

Lavfluris
27-02-2006, 20:18
Be good to meet you NickI would't get too exicted, Nick is about as interesting as an empty cereal box. Mind you, an empty cereal box is very very useful, so that must mean Nick is also very very useful... Ah ha! I'm getting him to bring his laptop. I knew he was useful after all. ;) :p

Crube
27-02-2006, 20:34
Strange fact #1

I have just had a bowl of Cheerios for my supper. This emptied the box.

(Does this mean I've just met Nick :confused:)

Seriously, it would be good to meet Mr Nick in person...The face behind the avatar as it were...

Also looking forward to meeting the fellow Tale of 8 Gamers too...

Konrad_Curze II
28-02-2006, 11:05
yeah should be good fun.:D

Jedi152
28-02-2006, 11:08
I'm looking forward to winning the wooden spoon! :D

Storm Hunters
28-02-2006, 11:30
hay thats mine

Darkseer
28-02-2006, 11:50
I would't get too exicted, Nick is about as interesting as an empty cereal box. Mind you, an empty cereal box is very very useful, so that must mean Nick is also very very useful.

I look forward to cutting him up and making scenery out of him :D

Crube
28-02-2006, 12:10
I'm looking forward to winning the wooden spoon! :D

Fight you for it Jedi :p

Storm Hunters
28-02-2006, 14:33
ill fight you WITH it if the situation arrises.

WanderingRogue
02-03-2006, 11:46
Ok, thats another two for forty k!. Just got me +1's tickets.

The chaos contingent is now gonna be there in force. :cheese:

Lavfluris
03-03-2006, 21:31
Forty-six tickets have now been sold with another four entries pending.

Fallen Angel
04-03-2006, 16:28
Is there any kind of restriction on using an army that isn't your own? I'm really not sure what to bring to Carnage (see forthcoming army list thread) and my mate keeps telling me to take his pink nids instead. Normally id take my own army but the pink nids ARE fantastic looking and really fun to play with (anyone who went to GT heat 2 or the final or the Yorkshire Open sheffield heat will know what i mean).

Obviously i woulnd't enter it for best army as its not mine, but would it be a problem bringing the nids?

Lavfluris
04-03-2006, 17:23
Obviously i woulnd't enter it for best army as its not mine, but would it be a problem bringing the nids?There would not be a problem, so go for it.

Darkseer
05-03-2006, 15:07
So how many are there for 40K and fantasy now?

Lavfluris
05-03-2006, 15:13
So how many are there for 40K and fantasy now?Thirteen for Fantasy and thirty-seven for 40K.

Darkseer
05-03-2006, 17:06
Groovy! :D

Lardidar
05-03-2006, 22:36
37: 13

Seems a little pitiful for fantasy, considering 7 or the 8 To8G are included meaning only 6 other people want to play :(

Suppose its easier to win something with only 13 playing (wooden spoon here I come) :)

Lav you say Carnage is nearly sold out, how close to capacity are we?

Fallen Angel
06-03-2006, 09:43
chalk another one on for 40k - the Flame On contingent is now up to 7. Spot us in our red shirts!!

Is anyone going to be arsey about me taking pictures during games as id quite like to have some 'action' pictures in my tournament reports rather than the normal text?

Really looking forward to this tournament as it looks a good laugh - now all i have to do is pick an army to bring still!!

WanderingRogue
06-03-2006, 09:57
I wouldnt mind at all. Would be cool.

Im having the same prob - ive been playtesting my AL to death so i can give a good account of themselves but my mate has an execlent khorne deamon bomb army that is such a laugh to play with stealer/beastmen conversions for the blood letters.

Fallen Angel
06-03-2006, 10:11
cool ive been thinking of doing similar conversions for my chaos army as well.

Your AL looks quite dangerous - i might just put auspexes back into my BA to counter it to some extent!!

WanderingRogue
06-03-2006, 10:59
i might just put auspexes back into my BA to counter it to some extent!!

Thanks i cant think of a better compliment:D .

Fallen Angel
06-03-2006, 11:10
lol or i might end up bringing AL after all - now that would be an interesting game if we got matched up together!!

Darkseer
06-03-2006, 11:16
Is anyone going to be arsey about me taking pictures during games as id quite like to have some 'action' pictures in my tournament reports rather than the normal text?

Take all the photos you like. My camera sucks :cries:

Jedi152
06-03-2006, 11:22
...thirty-seven for 40K.
Purely out of interest, i wonder how many are taking marines or chaos marines...

:p

Danger Rat
06-03-2006, 11:25
Whats going to happen with fantasy if it remains at an odd number of players will a ref step in or will a randomly selected person each round get a bye?

Darkseer
06-03-2006, 11:40
Purely out of interest, i wonder how many are taking marines or chaos marines...

:p

There's a lot of Nid players from what I've seen.

WanderingRogue
06-03-2006, 11:51
lol or i might end up bringing AL after all - now that would be an interesting game if we got matched up together!!

Very true:D I actually got somone to play with my own army the other day vs me - i never realised how unnearving it is to place an army when you only know where 12 models are.

As for numbers/armys maybe stick a poll up - just so everone can be counted? it wouldnt really help anyone pick a their list i think (ie give anyone an unfair advantage) it wouldnt be like we'd know whats in it.
gary

Lavfluris
06-03-2006, 19:17
Lav you say Carnage is nearly sold out, how close to capacity are we?I think ticket sales will cease at sixty, simply because any more than sixty would be unfeasible for two people, me and Nick, to organise.

Whats going to happen with fantasy if it remains at an odd number of players will a ref step in or will a randomly selected person each round get a bye?The remaining player will receive a Bie Round. The reason neither Nick nor me will enter if there are an odd numbers of players is simply because we cannot play and organise. It would just be too hard.

Incidently, we have just reached fifty-two players. I'll update the first post at some point.

Crube
06-03-2006, 20:26
Wow

Do we have a full compliment of To8G-ers yet...

{EDIT} just read on the discussion thread that Iron Dukes puled out, so I guess not...

Fallen Angel
06-03-2006, 20:27
I think ticket sales will cease at sixty, simply because any more than sixty would be unfeasible for two people, me and Nick, to organise.

If you need any help, id be happy to help with sorting out fantasy draws and sorting out terrain etc.

Lavfluris
06-03-2006, 20:33
If you need any help, id be happy to help with sorting out fantasy draws and sorting out terrain etc.I think me and Nick will be fine.

It's the first year we'll be using a laptop and printer, what could possibly go wrong!

Crube
06-03-2006, 20:34
uh-oh... You've really gone and done it now....

Konrad_Curze II
06-03-2006, 20:43
those magic jynxing words!!
u can tell it'll all go pari shaped on the day now!
well done lav!!!:D

Lardidar
06-03-2006, 20:58
I would suggest doing everything in your power to get even numbers for both games, nothing sucks more than going to play games and then not getting one but getting a massacre without playing a game ... it happened to me at conflict a few years back and spoilt the day.

Perhaps if Fantasy gets its 14th gamer then cut off registration, you also have to account for the people that no show (odd to pay and then not come, but it happens)

I'm sure you will fix it up, and as you say 'What could possibly go wrong?' :)

Lavfluris
06-03-2006, 23:27
I would suggest doing everything in your power to get even numbers for both games, nothing sucks more than going to play games and then not getting one but getting a massacre without playing a game ... it happened to me at conflict a few years back and spoilt the day.The only problem is that it might be a situation I can not rectify, but we’ll see.