PDA

View Full Version : TOFP 2009-2010 Dark Elves Support Group

DeathCat147
10-08-2009, 12:24
Thought i would set up an appropriate support thread for all the Dark Elf pledges out there.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
10-08-2009, 13:42
Reporting in.

Matrim_Cauthon
10-08-2009, 14:18
You can count me in too!

Working on a converted Prince Tyrion at the moment... Trying to make him look dark enough to pass as a Dark Elf!

Intrepid Adventurer
10-08-2009, 16:58
I got my first box of corsairs!

Czechsensation
11-08-2009, 00:21
I'm in! working on some Crossbowmen and Shades at the moment, pics soon...

Bluesabre
11-08-2009, 04:09
Oh alright, I'm in. Malus Darkblade on the desk at the moment.

StormCrow
11-08-2009, 06:59
Hi ho, got all my black guard sorted out but I'm unnerved by all the unpainted crossbow elves aiming at me.

And for the sake of getting every city covered my elves hail from Clar Karond.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
11-08-2009, 14:03
So, after discovering exactly how awesome assassins are, i think i'll be getting a few more. (already got two)

Lord Obsidianus
12-08-2009, 01:30
It's great that we have a dedicated post for the druchii.

My plan for month one is to paint 6 crossbowmen and 6 dark riders(converted glade riders).

The colour scheme for the crossbows is.

Armour: Regal Blue basecoat followed by blue and black ink wash then Regal Blue Highlight. Some ridges are then picked out in Tin Bitz and highlighted with shining gold.

Cloth: Liche Purple with a 50/50 Liche purple/skull white highlight

Chainmail: Tin Bitz basecoat drybrushed with shining gold and then drybrushed with 50/50 shining gold/chainmail

Misc cloth bitz: Scorched brown with Kommando Khaki highlight

Thats the plan, so far the dark riders, who follow a similar scheme, have deviated slightly in that they have received a large portion of their persons painted black(they didn't look Dark enough for Dark elven Dark riders).

Good luck to all my fellow Druchii.

korkalis
13-08-2009, 22:37
Hey all :)

Just finished working out my Temple of Khaine force for a local tourney and decided its what I have to paint

first up is two crossbow units then next month i'm planning on the first of 4 Witch Elf units

Colour scheme wise i'm going for a black and red scheme for the Witches with Red clothing for the other units, (Spears and Crossbows)

Czechsensation
14-08-2009, 23:47
So i finished up some painting, and found out my digital camera is missing... doh! hope to have some pictures up as soon as possible... how are you guys doing for this months WIP?

KreoL
23-08-2009, 22:53
So I finished first month entry: COB (photos in main entry)

Painting plan:
1. Cauldron of Blood (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3886513&postcount=390)
2. Mengil's manflayers
3. Lord on dragon
4. 10 harpies + RBT
5. 5 dark riders + assasin
6. cold one knights
7. 5 harpies + sorceress + 5BG
8. 5 dark riders + 10BG
9. Hydra
10. RxB + RBT

NEXT: manflayers. Already start one to try my colour shame

Bluesabre
24-08-2009, 12:57
Well, I've finished Malus, well ahaed of the end of the month, for a change. Next in line will be a hero on manticore, time to get a head start on some pining and gs'ing I think.

Copella
25-08-2009, 05:03
Gah, this is why I gave up joining these things. I would start out fine, than either take a break from painting, or have nothing left to paint. Which in this case, I just finished my Chariot to make a solid 2500pt Dark elf army (took about 8 months to do). Yeah, I still have a couple things I'd like to add and such to bump up to 3000 with ease. Though it would not be enough to warrant a TOFP log for more than 3-4 months. Ah well. I offer my current Dark elf Log for viewing, maybe it will help and/or give some inspiration.

Just click on the link in my signature.

Wintermute
28-08-2009, 21:26
I'm moving this thread to the new WarSeer Painting Support Group Forum.

Wintermute

Lord Obsidianus
29-08-2009, 22:21
Final weekend for this month and I'm 7/12 models finished. Good luck to everyone.

derv
31-08-2009, 08:46
Hello fellow Darkies. I'm in the tale again this year to boost up my 2000 point Dark Elves from the last tale and will be happy to help any of you out.

One of my entries this year will be the Black Dragon converted up from the High Elf kit. I've been converting it for a while now and it's looking fairly good, however I'm stumped with what to use as a Sorceress to ride it. The legs in the kit are heavily robed so I'm really after a fully clothed sorceress, which isn't an easy task, or something else I can easily convert to fit.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm tempted to use the sorceress that is mounted on a Cold-One but i'm not too keen on the sculpt (I'm not keen on any of the GW sorceress sculpts for that matter!!!)

Lord Obsidianus
01-09-2009, 17:21
Use the Daemonette champion head(the one with the hair flying everywhere. This can easily be mounted to the corset laden body and finished with plastic arms(green stuff fire over the claws to hide the lack of hands.)

DeathCat147
02-09-2009, 16:28
I posted him up in the Month 1 thread so i really should pop him up here.

My Assassin.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii275/Deathcat147/Assassin006.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii275/Deathcat147/Assassin008.jpg

Next up a reaper bolt thrower with converted plastic corsair crew which will have nods towards the original crew eg. scarves/wraps, maps and spare bolts ect.

The most laborious task is measuring and cutting all the pavers i need for the armies bases. The bolt thrower itself will need a fare few due to me making a custom base with slots for the crew:cries:.....

StormCrow
06-09-2009, 07:15
Nice stuff Deathcat, simple yet effective conversion and a top paint job too! Don't envy your task getting all those bases ready, but I'm sure it'll look great when it's finished

DeathCat147
06-09-2009, 07:55
Thanks:). Yeah' i think my eyes may be bleeding after the amount of pavers ive cut up:cries:. Its been worth it though' as ive got the bolt thrower's base sorted and its given me a boost to do the last ten corsairs of my first regiment.

So what has everybody else got on their work desk?