PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Questions... (Sigh)

Cpt. Drill
17-08-2009, 23:19
Round two... Lets see if this one gets shut down?

Man I am so happy to see space hulk re-released! I used to play it alot, but because several friends had it I never picked up a copy. Now I can finally own my own copy I am really psyched. Anyone else ready to relive the glory days?

How difficult do you think it would be to change those Termies into other chapters? (send that sergent to the dentist to start off with!) Those space hulk models are really nice! But I have never been a fan of Blood Angles (they are just too angry for my taste)

Can anyone confirm that supliments are going to be released? I still have my first citadel journal with Harliquins in space hulk!

I hope this doesnt enrage anyone else otherwise im sure its going to rain fire and.......banned

Lord_Squinty
24-08-2009, 14:10
No supplements (this months WD). But, there is a thing in WD that tells about 'Mission 13' a PDF mission generator that will be released on GW website.

Satan
24-08-2009, 14:17
Sad that they won't release some web-based supplements at least.

I too have been toying with the idea of turning these fellas into another chapter. You might even say my purchase is dependent on this (should I decide to get it). Would be interesting to see any pictures of finished or WIP paint jobs for other chapters, even though I realize it's way too early.

AndrewGPaul
24-08-2009, 14:33
I'm getting two sets, so I have enough models for two standard squads (sergeant, flamer, 3 marines).

I'm planning on using some of the remaining duplicates to model the squad from the solo campaign from the original Deathwing supplement:

Cloud Runner: storm bolter, power fist w/ grenade launcher, power sword
Lame Bear: flamer, chain fist
Weasel Fierce: assault cannon, power fist
Bloody Moon: storm bolter, power fist
a Librarian, who's name I forget: storm bolter, force axe.

Between some of the bits from the Dark Angels sprue and shaving off the Blood Angels iconography, they should look pretty neat.

Cpt. Drill
24-08-2009, 14:36
I hvae to say I dont mind the fact that they are Blood Angles any more, I realised that no matter what chapter they were I wouldnt make a space marine army anyway. Also I guess that the Red team vs Blue team is fairly striking for this kind of board game... I do also like the fact that every terminator has its own backstory and stuff like that, so when one of them gets torn apart you can scream things like "BROTHER MATHIUS NOOOOOOOO, THIS WAS HIS LAST DAY ON THE JOB... HE WAS RETIRING TOMORROW!"

or something like that...

I have to admit I would like to see some Imperial Fist terminators or thought it would be pretty fitting to have adeptus mechanus termies boarding this ancient techno vessel.

Christine
24-08-2009, 18:42
From what I have heard it should be pretty straight forward to use older missions with this version. The only thing you might need to do is buy some extra figures (for example version 2 saw missions with two flamer terminators if memory serves)

AndrewGPaul
24-08-2009, 21:53
Three or so of the missions from 1st edition used 2 squads. That's the reason I'm buying two copis of this new set.

Festus
25-08-2009, 10:05
a Librarian, who's name I forget: storm bolter, force axe.
Two Heads Talking!

If you've read the Story (which is awesome, BTW), you'd never forget this name again! :)

Festus

Znail
25-08-2009, 10:37
Three or so of the missions from 1st edition used 2 squads. That's the reason I'm buying two copis of this new set.

AoBR termies should be the easist way to get hold of the extras needed for the old missions for those who needs em.

jullevi
25-08-2009, 11:54
I will hi-jack this thread to ask more Space Hulk questions.

1. How big are the squares on the gaming board?
2. Would the terminators fit on 30mm GW-style round bases? (GW doesn't make any, but other manufactorers do)

AndrewGPaul
25-08-2009, 12:28
The squares in previous editions were 30mm across. SInce the new sections fit with the old, they should also be 30mm. Thus, the answer to your second question would be "yes". :)

pookie
25-08-2009, 16:22
do you mean 40mm round base? as they dont do a 30mm? but yes they will fit.

jullevi
25-08-2009, 21:43
do you mean 40mm round base? as they dont do a 30mm? but yes they will fit.

No, I mean 30mm and yes, I know that GW doesn't make any. However, other manufactorers such as em4 miniatures (http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MINIAATURES_BASES.html) do make 30mm (and 50mm) bases and if Hulk squares are indeed 30mm-ish I will use them instead of 25mm or 40mm. I have couple of 30mm bases I got from em4 and they fit well with GW miniatures (http://www.uta.fi/~hp73209/vasara/jotain/ammoruntz.jpg).