PDA

View Full Version : How's your army going?

EagLes610
09-05-2005, 20:56
Just like the old topic :D

High Elves- I'm finishing up some Spearmen, then I hope to get reavers and Silver Helms.

Ogres- Done another maneater :)

Da GoBBo
09-05-2005, 21:15
I have about 5000 points of stripped and glued Orcs and goblin (that's about 350 models). I've painted 2 chariots, my big as marauder giant (which worked out neat, though I'll probably never get used to painting pink skins), a doomdiver, a couple of characters, half a regiment of orcs which I'm gonna redo with my new colorscheme, 10 wolfriders, 10 boarboyz (half done) which I will partially redo in my new colorscheme. A 30 model big squigherd :D wich i'm very proud of.
Things to do, paint a 150 goblins, over a hunderd orcs, my trolls, most of my warmachines, more wolfriders. Positive side is that I have finally decide on my colorscheme and i found out how to do this quickly and goodlooking as well. I hope to have done this before da plague monks are released. If that doesn't work before next edition (that will give me some won't it?)

Crazy Harborc
10-05-2005, 00:46
I do need to do an inventory sometime soon!!

Empire, Brets., TKs, VCs, Orcs, HEs, DEs, Dwarves, Chaos Warriors...........I have over 3500 points of each. I don't push OKs, Lizzies or Rats.

Paint them!!??!!.......NAW, been there, done that. I do have blisters and boxes for all my armies to paint (someday).

Delicious Soy
10-05-2005, 01:04
I'm waiting for my uni holidays after exams but I'm not happy about what waiting for me. I have to try to find a way of emulating beaten copper and Imperial purple, thanks tothe whizkids at GW paint. ATM my TK army has 3 Ushabti, 25 skeletons with HW/Shields, liche priest on foot, 20 archers and six chariots (but no crew) and a Tomb Swarm painted and based.

I'm not looking forward to the 20 Tomb Guard, I've done a test model and got the bone and black for the metal areas done, but there shields and the rest will likely break my sanity. Moreso than usual.

the archzealot
10-05-2005, 01:31
Have about fourty chaos dwarfs that I can't do anything with :(.
Lost interest in my regular dwarfs, and dont plan on doing anything with my vampire counts.
Mabe after I finish my dark eldar I'll get more motivation for fantasy. But at the moment none of the remaining armies interests me.

:0)
10-05-2005, 01:47
I still need to buy and paint sixty saurus, 8 saurus cav, and a pack of swarms.

I just started brets. I have eight horse-less Yeomen, and I have one 5th ed questing knight (foot and mounted).

Zeb
10-05-2005, 06:49
My Druchii aproaches the 8000pt mark in a legal list, and still it grows... Are finishing my Lustrian legion (started last year when we were down in Lustria). My new Crossbows are all female (I have added long hair hanging out from the helmet), and will get them skink weapons as well.

My chaos is on backburner, I really don't know what to do with them... Sell them? I might do that...

And big plans for Woddies are beeing made...

MVA
10-05-2005, 07:41
Sylvanians: Done. Finished. No more. They've been that way for months now.

Beasts of Chaos: Need to strip the paint off the ungors that I painted mid-last year, and start the whole army afresh. Already have a colour sheme picked out, I just need to start undercoating and getting to it (after I get the extra beastherd box, and some more ungors...as well as the other assorted models I need).

lord_blackfang
10-05-2005, 07:55
Tomb Kings: need to buy 1 more Ushabti and Carrion and a Tomb Prince on chariot. Cast my own scarab swarms. Finish scratch-building a Bone Giant. Assemble 10 horsemen.

Then paint all of the above, plus 24 warriors, 12 more horsemen, 2 more Ushabti and Carrion, and the Casket.

Ogres: I'm halfway through buying the models, haven't painted anything yet.

And I'm too busy with two 40k armies right now...

Zink
10-05-2005, 22:34
Almost finished buying everything possible for High Elves. Just want the old Eltharion and griffon and possibly some of the new characters. Have 10 man cavalry units and 20 man infantry units of every type. About 25-30% painted and all assembled except for 5 new pheonix guard and my chariots. Working hard on this one now because I'd like to have at least one fully painted army.

Fair sized(2500+ pts) 5th edition empire army 50% painted but still buying new figs.

Large pile of old orcs and gobbos badly ignored for a long, long time.

Considering starting vampire counts but want to finish some of these first.

Urban Cowboy
10-05-2005, 23:18
Tomb Kings-Done

About $350 waiting for those Wood Elves

arxhon
10-05-2005, 23:45
Pulled my chaos out and blew the dust off. They were already assembled and primed, so it's a matter of slapping them with brushes until i'm satisfied.

Halfway thourgh my first of two units of marauders. The rest (a regiment and a half, about 30 models) already have the skin base coated. The rest of the regiment i'm working on have had their skin washed, except for one or two that somehow dodged the bath.

Moi
11-05-2005, 00:05
I have about 7000 points of High Elves, played them, hated them, played them anew and now I'm painting them for my tournament army (at least). About 50% completed here and I'm doing at least 1 model/day or I'm not satisfied.

I've begun Vampire Counts during the time I hated my HE. I've got around 3000 points of them right now with an ethereal host and 2 dire wolves painted just to see if I would like it. I like them pretty much since I've lost very few games with them even when testing things. That may be the army that most fits my style of play after all.

I'm planning my next army right now, but I'm still not sure which one it will be. I saw the WE and I love the models, but I don't want to play other elves... Since nobody is playing Empire, I may start an army with them, but I don't like the models that much. Chaos is played far too much around here to be original so I won't play them. Still thinking!

However, I still have to finish my Sisters of Battle army for 40k before any new army gets my heart. At least, that would be the most rationnal thing to do... would it?

still... can't... resist... argh!

skavenguy13
11-05-2005, 01:41
Ok, that's going to be loooooong:

vampires: havent played them for a year. I have 4 blisters of heroes, 40 skeletons, 20 zombies, 20 grave guard, 5 bats, a coach an a banhee. Most minis need re-glueing. I'll sell them if I can or make them better some day.

I have a small orc army: 2X starter box. Both are glued and 1 of the 2 is primed. I have old hero quest minis I intend to re-paint some day to finish my army. I want only a small force.

I have the big box and the bataillon of ogres. Also, 2 butchers, 2 more tyrants and a maneater. Everything still requires glueing. Individual models are heavily converted and some of the other models also are. My brother is making them like I want, we're working on them every day. He's REALLY good:D

skaven: I have about 100 clanrats, all scrappy. I have lots of everything except globadiers and giant rats. I just bought the bataillon, working on this now, and intend to make the bataillon pieces really nice.

Note that all my models from skaven an vampires are scrappy and poorly painted, with few exceptions. This sucks and it's my fault for buying minis from other people.

adreal
11-05-2005, 03:01
Hmmm....lets think for a second.

Skaven: well scrapped the whole army idea, I just don't like it, cause I love Eshin and they don't fit in the big army idea so selling off my clanrats, almost got 50 gone only about 60-100 to go :( Warband almost finished.

Tomb King: Need 20 Tomb Guard and i have 46 skellies to finish, then it's just bases to do and 4000pts are done

High Elves: 4 spearmen need to be painted before I buy anything else, then I have a dragon prince champion conversion to finish. Then I just gotta buy a hell of alot of figures, but one day I'll have 5000pts done...one day

Tau: Hmm dunno what do with them, strip 'em and start from scratch or just put 'em aside and run far far away.

Space Marnies:really uninspired to finish them, maybe ill just do a small patrol army

Daemon Legion: maybe i should start them one day....would using Greater Daemons for exaulted daemons be to much?

Crazy Harborc
11-05-2005, 17:11
When I have been unhappy with the paint jobs of a unit.....I "touch them up" OR I add some minies I have painted to wherever in the unit that I'll see them.(My opponent will just have to look/see the yucky ones. :D

strv
16-05-2005, 17:54
Goblins
I did a fanatic yesterday,only need to add grass
I have 4 gnoblars(use them to bolster my commmon goblins ranks)just a little painted.
4 ng to assemble and paint.
2 ogres to paint.

Venomizer
16-05-2005, 19:47
did abit more customisation to my Warboss's chariot, now I'm just looking for a suitable orc great axe model

strv
16-05-2005, 19:57
Aren't there a blackorc warboss model with a big axe?

RadStar
16-05-2005, 20:13
My very first army.. Skaven at 2250 Points now

Warlord
Warlock Engineer
Assassin
Plague Priest
75 Clanrats including 3 Standards and Musicans
60 Totally Converted Slaves from other armies such as Beastmen, Brets, Goblins, Elves etc
14 Night Runners
5 Gutter Runners
5 Tunneling Team
21 Plague Monks inlcuding Full Command
2 Plague Rat Swarms
10 Converted Jezzails
1 Warp Lighting Cannon
6 Plague Censer Bearers
20 Storm Vermin, including Full Command

223 models.. all assembled and primed! Woo Hoo!

Oh.. painted? Only the Storm Vermin are done.. Working on the 75 Clanrats now.. assembly line style.. Ive only done the tails and feet so far!! :P

Forgotmytea
16-05-2005, 20:47
How's your army going?

Meh, not well really...

Finished Vampire Counts (for now :evilgrin: )
Need a wolf rider old metal command group for my Night Goblins
My Chaos have pretty much died, and are in serious need of ressurection
My Dark elves are ok, but really need a repaint and a unit of Executioners
My Tomb Kings need a lot more models, and are a priority right now, as soon as I get round to buying the last two muties needed for my Gorkamorka warband.

Ah well, time (and money) will present itself :).

Star.Scream
17-05-2005, 16:03
>>>>>Well; my army is in...limbo :p . My Tomb King just keeps sleeping.

I'm currently working on a unit of 25 skeleton warriors and I have
3 Chariots
2 Liche's on Foot
2 Liches on Steed
2 Tomb King/Prince's and
1 Scorpion

And just incase some miracle happens and I get all of that done I just recently ordered:

32 Skeletal Horsemen
32 Warriors
23 Tomb Guard (including command)
9 Chariots
6 Carrion
1 Bone Giant

That should keep me busy for over a year the way I paint :p, the real problem is not buying anything else until I've painted all of this; which is a problem all GW buyers have ;)

Ethereal Alpaca
18-05-2005, 15:26
Chaos: Experimenting and trying out colour schemes. Will get some warriors as of tommorow, and hopefully a paint or two to go with them :D.

Skaven: Going into retirement, since I now have around 3000pts, with only one unit unpainted. Tommorow evening might be my last game in a while with them. *salutes*

Vampire Counts: I felt like writing that. I don't actually collect VC. :p

Crazy Harborc
20-05-2005, 15:45
Been playing WAB for a couple of months. A couple of regular opponents and I have been discussing using Empire, Brets., and Elves, maybe Chaos Warriors rosters (without wizards or magic toys). We prefer the rules of WAB, just miss the armies I mentioned.

It will be interesting to "know" if it would be the same as WHFB without magic OR as we expect, better because of the rules or differences of WAB's rules. :)

Quercia
20-05-2005, 17:36
I need to paint my Woodies which I'm not intend to do so.

Also, I'm more focusing on my VC army. Got a Skeleton unit to finish and 2 Necromancers.

Wouldn't it be nice to have fully painted mini's in your style at the same price in the stores? ... *sigh*....

- Quercia

EagLes610
21-05-2005, 16:21
Hmm, it seems my Armys are going through a lack of funding periods. As in...I'm out of money. I did get my Ninja Maneater though.

Grand Warlord
22-05-2005, 00:22
I am well on my way to completeing my 'Inquisition' Themed Empire Amry for the Chicago GT

Look for some fluff soon.

Capitán Sánchez
22-05-2005, 14:38
I have about 7500 points of DoW. I am beginning a pistol duellists unit.

I only have about 2250 points already painted anyway.

I have minis to paint for the rest of my life :eek:

samael
22-05-2005, 15:01
My dwarfs are having a "rest" at the moment.

The Dutch GT demands 3 messenger models and 2 markers for the different scenario's so I'm making them for my Empire army.

I have to say that it makes a nice brake from painting heavy armour and beards.

But after that it's back to the grind stone to continue with my Dwarfs.

Or , 'paint that stuff that has been lying there for years, will you' as my wife lovingly likes to call them. :angel:

strv
22-05-2005, 19:49
i have painted a fanatic and is basing a spearchucka as i write this.

i decided i will go for a ogre border patrol,gonna buy a box of leadblechers the week coming up.
I will keep one leadbleachers convert 2 to ironguts and one to a bruiser.

FlameKnight
23-05-2005, 12:15
I've very nearly finished *collecting* my 5000 point Empire army, only a unit of cavalry and mercenaries to go.

As far as painting it all up goes, I'm hopeless. I've got about 1500 points painted... Crap hey? Well, in our gaming group painting plays second fiddle to gaming, but I suppose that's also something that needs to be fixed. Anyway, aside from the impossible task of painting the army around studying for exams, my army's going ok. Everything's assembled, and all the models are there, each regiment with their modified movement base sizes. So, everything's ready to play a 5000 point game, aside from the fact that 1/3 of it painted.
I know that many veteran gamers would be disgusted at the idea of playing with such a horde of plastic-grey miniatures, but I guess it's still better than some of my friends armies go, with subsititution of models and all.

Crazy Harborc
24-05-2005, 03:10
Keep on plugging/painting. You will get that army painted and looking good on the table. It doesn't happen quickly, it takes time. ;)

m1s1n
24-05-2005, 03:36
I've never really attempted to collect an "army" per se--for me the process is more about amassing figures and painting them. Essentially I buy boxes of units that I would like to have in an army eventually--or just to have in my collection. Then I mix and match amongst the various pieces to create my armies. I'm sure others have a very similar inventory process. Because of the "general disarray" involved in this system I always seem to have a box of warriors (Dark Elf, Skaven, or Dwarf) sitting around in its original factory-sealed condition. Additionally there is a constant stream of models being painted at my work desk. I paint on average about 8-hours a week, occasionally taking a haitus for a week or so.

A plus side of my technique is that I have enough painted figures to make a 2k point army with each of my armies. However, the trials of painting are never adjourned! There is always another model to paint!

Avian
24-05-2005, 10:04
Well, I just got my second box of Gnoblars, which along with my left-over Gnobbos should give me my second unit of 30.

I also got Ruglud and the Orc Wyvern rider's shield which I'll use to make a Warboss conversion (snip off crossbow and glue the shield onto that hand instead).

Crazy Harborc
24-05-2005, 19:19
I have been maintaining two versions of several WHFB armies. I have always bought what I liked and wanted to use in "my armies". One set of minies to be used in GW stores and "offical" GDs and tournies. Then there's the rest of the units, many that look better than GW's versions.

Lately, most of my new minies aren't GW's. I am doing some combo armies for WAB's various periods. The GW Empire minies are close enough to fit in. When I base up the 25mm non-GW minies they are nose to nose with GW's. GW's out of scale weapons, hands etc. do show, but I use them anyway.

flytail
25-05-2005, 00:05
Currently I have been working on my dark elf army. I have a lot of points invested in this, however I'm just resupplying lots of core:
My current project is:
Another unit of 20 spearmen.
Finish unit of 20 repeater bolt crossbowmen.
Finish unit of 20 corsairs.
Finish another unit of 20 corsairs.

Repaint my horsemen.

Finish another 5 cold ones making them twenty.
Finish a chariot.
Get 20 executioners done.

Then make sure the paint scheme looks well on all of them.

Avian
25-05-2005, 09:12
In other news I was so impressed by the Rhinox Cav rules from Forgeworld that I've started converting one of my own from a plastic rhino model and a spare ogre. I'm using green stuff to add some more horns and make the rhino's head look a little more nasty and - having given up the idea of sculpting fur with green stuff - I'll be gluing on static grass and painting it. I'll also make a saddle and harness from green stuff.

The rider is just a normal ogre, but I'll convert up some suitably 'eavy armour and other bitz for him. His legs were sawn off with a modeling saw from hip to groin, trimmed down and should fit well with only a medium of green stuffing to do.

Zeb
25-05-2005, 10:18
I'm currently painting and converting 7 different characters to the "Prince Follys adventure" scenario in the Lustria book. We have agreed that no matter what the last game before summer will be that scenario.
Other than that, I have started to paint my 10 new Corsairs and 10 Female Crossbow Elfs (w. Shields) slightly converted as well.

Kelroth
26-05-2005, 18:16
I'm slowly slipping back into the game after a short break, and am desperately trying to finish those last four shield Orcs. It's taken over a year for them to stay in the same condition. Must.. finish... shields...

Other than that, it's the slow process of getting up to 2K, and then kicking my friends into doing so too so that I have something to face. Yes, there are people lazier than me. >_<

Sprue Rubbles
26-05-2005, 18:20
Beastmen
2 Gors and 2 Ungors assembled and ready to be primed... 4 minis but you gotta start somewhere

Skaven
I have 1500 points of skaven which I'll probably sell because I hate the color scheme. I started a new Pestilens army with... 4 Plague Censer Bearers... gotta start somewhere

EagLes610
27-05-2005, 23:31
I have some 6 or 7 spearmen to finish, but other then that...I'm cool but moneyless. I wanna go to a GW to paint my Ninja Maneater though.

Crazy Harborc
28-05-2005, 00:57
Today, I (re)found four pointy eared, ax using, fancy mancy HEs. Very soon they will join six more to form the core of a unit to be used in WAB. I'll likely trim the points off of their ears.

Frankly
28-05-2005, 02:43
I'm painting up new red crested skinks.

I've finished painting my BoC list and its running fine.

Still painting and collecting Chaos Dwarfs

New projects:

Besides Red crests, I'm hoping to start an all cavalry D.E. army, using the plastic saurus cavalry and the new WE cavalry when they come out.

Zeb
28-05-2005, 05:57
Four of the ten corsairs are finished, six to go. Hopefully I'll have the time to finish them this weekend. I had forgotten how fun it was to paintg corsairs...

Then it's time for my female Crossbows to be painted.

EagLes610
29-05-2005, 22:30
Hmm, I got about...I dunno, like 4 Spearmen done uesterday, with like 3 more painted, I just need to tweak some stuff.

Stouty
29-05-2005, 22:32
WOOTAGE ALL ROUND!!!
Know it might not sound like much but I picked up ye olde paintbrush today and if I do so again tommorow it'll be all my characters, special and rare choices for a 2000pt VC army and only basing on most of the core!

Angerland
30-05-2005, 02:38
I started Empire 2 months ago in an Escalation league at my local game club. We do 200 points a month, then once we hit 1000 we do 250 til 2000. We are at the 400 point level. I have 20 spearmen done, 9 handgunners, a great cannon and crew and three Gryphon Legionaires.
For the June meeting I need to paint : a Captain on foot, a standard bearer and musician for the spears, a hanndgunner, 2 more Gryphon Legion and 5 Huntsmen.

Alric
30-05-2005, 04:29
Working on Chaos Dwarfs this week , have 30 to get done by next weekend.

This is a really cool army soon as I get the Dwarfs done I'll start on the Hobgoblins.

Frankly
30-05-2005, 05:53
Working on Chaos Dwarfs this week , have 30 to get done by next weekend.

This is a really cool army soon as I get the Dwarfs done I'll start on the Hobgoblins.

Have you got old models or are you converting?

The boyz
30-05-2005, 09:30
I am just about to round my dwaarves off to about 1200 points. Then I am going to start a Skaven army.

Yin - Yang
30-05-2005, 20:37
right now I am beginning my third fantasy army. After much deliberation, I decided on the Empire. So, my first few Men of Averland are being made ready for war!

Alric
30-05-2005, 21:15
Have you got old models or are you converting?

I got a bunch of the big hats from when they first came out, no major conversions.

Kjell
30-05-2005, 22:41
I'm starting a Chaos Marauder army, to be led by a Sorcerer and possibly include some Beastmen.

Reasons:

1) Marauders are cheap. Dirt cheap. Well, for something out of Hordes of Chaos they are...

2) Sorcerers are just plain cool. And I get to convert one. Wee. :D

3) Beastmen are mobile. Far more mobile than Maruaders, anyway. They are plentiful as well, meaning that half my army won't keel over and die from a handful of handgunners.

So, well, right now I'm painting up my Sorcerer to the best of my ability. Which might not match my skills in conversions, and that's taking into consideration that I suck at metal and have no experiences in sculpting with green stuff. :o Still, I like how I made a passable Sorcerer out of a Chaos Warrior and a Marauder standard bearer arm. Bright silver armour and orange cloth for the win. :p

Pippa's Outreach
31-05-2005, 20:05
hello there, I was just wondering what everyones army was made up of and what your plans are for it. Thanks :D

EffCee
31-05-2005, 21:05
While I'm waiting for the Wood Elves to be released I've dove back into my Dark Elves with a completely new colour scheme (no purple!) got about 40 models painted/repainted and it's lookin damn fine. I needed to brush up (no pun intended) on my painting as I had not really done any for over a year and I was kind of losing my skills that I have so carefully honed over the years.

Lordmonkey
31-05-2005, 22:29
Currently working on expanding my undead horde. 20 more skeletons, 20 zombies, 9 grave guard, general damage repairs etc, and a vampire conversion. Gonna be complex, might use the new wood elf lord model (i refuse to call it a higborn!) with the bow & arrows cut off. Will obviousyly have to see when i can get my grubby hands on the actual model though. Needs to be ready for the tournanment in august :p

MVA
02-06-2005, 02:19
Fickleness has struck me again.

The beasts seem to be on hold as I eye up another project to have done before the September GT.

High Elves.

My reasoning comes from the fact that when I initally used them, I was nigh on unbeatable. I think about 12 games straight.

And I was using an INFANTRY based army.

So I've pretty much set myself the challenge of re-creating that initial run of success in over a two day period, with a HE force that isn't all cavalry based. And is going to be playing on how I personally think HE were meant to be played.

The results will be interesting. But if I can get a 12th place ranking or higher this year I will consider my personal challenge to myself completed.

As of now I've only got a unit of Spearelves, A bolt thrower, a mage, a chariot, some silver helms and a unit of White Lions. So I need to get myself quite a bit more to fill out the list I've wrote. The list is based around an army from Charace that has been sent out abroad to reclaim lost treasures of significant importance to the High Elves and whatnot, at least it's the starting platform, and it gives me a little chance to get some conversions in!

And I'm as of yet undecided on colour scheme. Which is a real annoyance as thats what usually kills my HE painting efforts.

Avian
02-06-2005, 20:09
I have just finished my Rhinox rider conversion (pic here (http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/pictures/ogres/rhinox_finished.JPG), thread there (http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2953&page=1)). Tomorrow I start painting him. :)

Crube
02-06-2005, 20:30
Have recently completed armies for Tzeentch Chaos WFB - (See 'em at the Carnage tournament...) along with 2000pts of Necrons and Tau (just sold on Ebay) to fund my next army which will be

Wood Elves

Until then, busying myself with a few Ultramarines

Also have far too many nuns with guns to paint...

leeoaks
03-06-2005, 14:44
doing my dow... i am finding them hard to play with but they look ace

Renka
06-06-2005, 20:17
I'm waiting for the new Wood Elves to arrive. I had saved up some money to buy me some Tyranids but decided to go with the elves instead so I reckon I should be able to build my army at a steady pace, but I'll probably get stuck at painting the models rather than buying them. Also I have to keep myself from buying a new sword, but it's hard seeing how I love shiny stuff. :)

EagLes610
21-06-2005, 02:56
I got a new high elf hero.

Working on it now.

Grand Warlord
21-06-2005, 04:37
I am almost complete with my empire Chicago GT army.

AKBandito
21-06-2005, 11:54
Dark Elves 6000pts ish painted.. alot more unpainted (
various other armies also half painted.
Current project
Mortal Slaneesh marauder horde.

army concept is northern tribesmen worshipping chaos
so lord is daemon prince w/ master of mortals.

chaos sorcerer(tribe shaman, responsible for summoning the DP)

exalted champ(tribes chieftain)
using the khorne champ on foot w/axe and chain around left hand
with the head of the slaneesh lord on foot
mounted on a chariot with a marauder as his driver(whip)

2chariots
3 blocks of marauders
2 units of marauder horsemen(they are so cool)
warhounds
ogres w/ great weapons
and either 2 giants or 1giant and 2 fiends of slaneesh or hellcannon(undecided
yet, but have all the models.)

all bases are going to be snow w/ a bit of grass
chariots and hellcannon i am converting to have sleds/skiis instead of wheels
which on the base i can leave a skii trail in the snow
chariot w/ exalted champ is going to be pulled by kislev boyer's polarbear mount
dragging the sled, other chariots pulled by 4 warhounds each.
atm i only have 1 marauder unit painted, but am still in the assembling/converting
stage atm.

Megilain
21-06-2005, 12:45
4500 points of lizzards painted, at least 900 points more to go before the wood elves take over. Yeah, and have to paint 250 points of chaos for a tournament...

Avian
21-06-2005, 12:57
Ogre army

Done:
-6 Bulls
-1 Rhinox Cavalry

WIP
-2 Butchers (finished later today)
-6 more Bulls
-1 BSB

To do:
-5 Ironguts
-4 Leadbelchers
-8 Trappers
-2x 30 Gnobbos

To buy / convert
-1 or 2 Scraplaunchers
-3 or 4 Yhetees
-1 or 2 Gorgers

icharus
21-06-2005, 13:06
I have a 1500pt chaos undivided just about finished hoping to go up by another 1000 pretty soon.

Zeb
21-06-2005, 14:06
I'm having a pause from all my armies at the moment, I might try to convert a Corsair Standard and Musician during the Tour de France. But other than that I'm eagerly avaiting the new Wood Elfs...

Moonduck
21-06-2005, 15:11
My primary army, VC, is doing well at about 3500pts. I just picked up my first unit of ghouls and need to paint those. I plan perhaps another ghould pack, and definitely some felbats. Other than that, I may do some more vampires so I can run different bloodlines.

My Brets sit nicely at about 3k pts, and are pretty much done. I may do some pegasus knights, simply because they look cool. I'm not convinced that they're worth it for the sort of list that is normally run with this army, and that list is SO effective that I seee little reason to screw with it. I do need to do another sorceress on horse, thanks to a friend losing mine when he borrowed the army for an RTT.

My ogres are done short of the heroes, a few ironguts, and a maneater or two. I've stopped painting the gnoblars. After using them a number of times, I'm utterly unconvinced of their worth. Trappers are coool, regular gnoblars are worthless given how I run the ogres. I am thinking about scratch-building a scraplauncher though.

My beasts of chaos force is mostly painted, but needs some updates to bring it more in line with the current edition. I can run it as is, it's just not all that efficient right now.

My many thousands of points worth of Empire sit neglected in various boxes and bins, unpainted and sad.

I've also got an Orc horde sitting similarly neglected. No idea if those will get assembled, or if they'll just get turned into space orks.

Quetzl
21-06-2005, 16:06
Haven't done much else really, I think I brought two Skink Chiefs and that was all... I haven't even got them out of their packet yet because of my exams... But I shall paint them soon as I have nearly finished them all.

Onto the future, I am hopefully going to get the new Saurus Cavalry when they get released and thats going to keep me happy for a while. Maybe a month after that and I have played some games, I will finish the my army of in one go completing it with three Kroxigor and a Stegadon... Big £'s...

Commissar Vaughn
21-06-2005, 17:49
well i've got guard, marines, chaos marines, eldar, dogs of war, empire, bretonnians, dark elve, dwarfs and high elves, plus a few gangs and fleets from mordheim and bfg all between 1500 and 6k pts. most are farily stabalised at the mo, only a basilsik to paint , a few ships to put on stands and a new reiklander band to start. oh and theres the new detatchment to finish painting for my bretonnain army, i've got two more regiments of dwarfs to paint, and then i want to start on my new armies: kislevites (dow), arabians (also dow) and 4th edition style bretonnians with cannons and crossbows( funnily also using the dow list). so much to do...not enough paint to do it with...

Ethereal Alpaca
22-06-2005, 20:03
I now have 1000pts of chaos bought, mostly assembled, and almost ready to be painted up, complete with converted Crom the Conqueror champion model. But I'm struggling to resist the lure of taking up 40k necrons. :cries:

Captain Brown
22-06-2005, 20:44
Interesting thread…one for the pounding of chests and preening of feathers I think.

Empire (my first WFB army) is mostly complete, painted, based, etc. Still 11 Swordsmen I picked up on eBay need to be painted (About 40 Calvary and 230 infantry models all told as well as a half dozen war machines – no I will never be able to field them all in one battle)

Orcs and Goblins are also done, painted, based, etc. (12 Boar Boyz, 10 Gobbos with Doggies, 130 Boyz and Gobbos and a couple of war machines)

Dark Elves are almost completely done, three models left to done, a sorceress that needs to be based and two Dark Riders with an instrument and standard that are only base coated. (12 Cold Ones, 10 Dark Riders, 121 Infantry, some Bolt Throwers and a Hydra are all done)

High Elves are not quite as finished. With a unit of 16 Sea Guard looking awfully silver still. (The remaining 18 Cavalry, 74 infantry are complete)

Yes I have an addiction and am a Paintaholic... ;)

Bingo the Fun Monkey
22-06-2005, 21:35
O/G: I have two mobs of orcs painted, including big uns with sculpted fur cloaks...a regiment of 30 night gobbos done and 10 wolf boyz as well as 3 trolls...the rest includes: 2 rock lobbas, 2 spear chukkas, ruglud's ladz (16 total), 12 boar boyz, a giant, 8 old school ogres that i just stripped, 60 common goblins, 10 more wolf boyz, a bunch of seige equipment and another mob of boyz.
My other army is 40k death korps of kreig who're all but painted except i plan to update my tanks a bit.

EagLes610
23-06-2005, 03:58
Interesting thread…one for the pounding of chests and preening of feathers I think.

Empire (my first WFB army) is mostly complete, painted, based, etc. Still 11 Swordsmen I picked up on eBay need to be painted (About 40 Calvary and 230 infantry models all told as well as a half dozen war machines – no I will never be able to field them all in one battle)

Orcs and Goblins are also done, painted, based, etc. (12 Boar Boyz, 10 Gobbos with Doggies, 130 Boyz and Gobbos and a couple of war machines)

Dark Elves are almost completely done, three models left to done, a sorceress that needs to be based and two Dark Riders with an instrument and standard that are only base coated. (12 Cold Ones, 10 Dark Riders, 121 Infantry, some Bolt Throwers and a Hydra are all done)

High Elves are not quite as finished. With a unit of 16 Sea Guard looking awfully silver still. (The remaining 18 Cavalry, 74 infantry are complete)

Yes I have an addiction and am a Paintaholic... ;)

If I had the cash, I'd be just like you are.

Alric
23-06-2005, 08:37
Well lets see I ve got 15 Chaos dwarfs blunderbusses finished and they're up on the army shelf with the warriors .

I was gonna do hobgoblins next but I have decided to do the Bull Centaurs instead since I'm heavily into the pianting scheme for the choas dwarfs. ( red - orange - black - bronze)

Once I'm done with the Chaos Dwarf part of the army I'll start on my hobgoblins and orcs.

Also I'm sketching up a nice conversion for the Bull Taurus. I'm thinking of getting some GD of khorne bits, some chaos bits (spikes) and use some green stuff to wolly up his neck and shanks so and instead of a big bull with bat wings he'll look like a cross between a wolly bull /GD Khorne/ and a juggernaut. I'm guess you could say I'm going for Demonic looking Bull Juggernaut for my Great Taurus.

Avian
25-06-2005, 17:47
With my Ironguts done, my finished ogres now consist of this:

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~tarjeia/avian/pictures/ogres/so_far.JPG

Now it's a choice of whether to do the Leadbelchers or start on the large pile of gnobbos...

Kotobuki
26-06-2005, 16:28
Working on a 500pt Brettonian Warband. It'll eventually be 15 knights strong. 11 Realm, 3 Grail, and a Paladin. This is where I'm at currently. (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kotobuki99/misc/horse5.jpg)

They're all being based off of "Family Coats of Arms" which are a bunch of bunk, but at least it gives me real heraldry to work with. Of course, that means I'll be more limited in what I can do than using GWs examples, but that's okay. The guys riding the White horses will be the Grail knights, the paladin will be on a black steed. The rest of the knights will ride various colors of horses. There's some touchup which needs to be done now, and the bases of course need finishing. I'm currently just blocking them in. When they're all blocked, I'll go back and add the shading/highlights and detail work on the horses.

I plan on finding heraldic device images I like, and having them made as decals for the shields.

Master of Stealth
26-06-2005, 17:37
Soon I'll have my 1000 point army of orcs and goblins finished. Just have to paint 30 gobbos, one chariot and 4 orc spearmens. And then I always has those 10 black orcs and one giant that I got for christmas. Nuts. I didn't even want those last models! :mad:

Oh and I have three converted leaders that I have to paint. One black orc w. great weapon, one night goblin shaman (I converted it because I got it with my regular goblin shaman) and a goblin big boss riding a sabertusk. I made him because I wanted a special character in my army. And THEN I want to do my general (no I don't have a general! Just a model that use as a general, that's not the real leader for the tribe).

Ok so my army isn't so complete as I wanted it to be, but you can always hope, right? :rolleyes:

strv
26-06-2005, 18:03
Oh and I have three converted leaders that I have to paint. One black orc w. great weapon, one night goblin shaman (I converted it because I got it with my regular goblin shaman) and a goblin big boss riding a sabertusk. I made him because I wanted a special character in my army. And THEN I want to do my general (no I don't have a general! Just a model that use as a general, that's not the real leader for the tribe).

care to share any photos?,especially the night gobling one. Cus i did the same thing.
here is how mine look (http://upl.silentwhisper.net/uplfolders/upload0/goblin-boss.JPG)

My armys
Gobbos, just put together 8 night speargobs, and i am putting together a sprue made rocklobber.
For ogres I am painting(well, was) a bull,and hopefully my box of lead bleachers has arrived tommorow.

Master of Stealth
26-06-2005, 18:39
I'll try to post some photos but I don't have any good digi-camera. Will try though to take some good photos. :)

Darmon
26-06-2005, 19:31
Got about 2500 pts of DE (All painted except 7 Witch Elves) including all Special character's that's in the book(not calculated in points above..)

Trying to start Mortal Slaanesh Chaos Army but ATM I have only a single Chaos Warrior with the rest blown out of the window while drying from an undercoat... :cries: :cries:, and lacking money to get new... :(

Cigaro
26-06-2005, 19:42
Just finished 2500pts of Chaos Dwarfs with another Bolt Thrower and a Mage. Just need to get another 10 Wolfboyz and 4 Bull Centaurs to make it to 3000pts.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
26-06-2005, 20:19
My army be running cool right now.

Currently painted are.....Dragon, Manticore, 2 Sorceress, Noble, 48 Crossbowmen, 5 Dark Riders, 6 Harpies, 4 Cold One Chariots, 2 War Hydras, and 4 Repeater Bolt Throwers. Oh, and a unit of 20 Executioners. Which I almost forgot about.

Awaiting painting are two more Manticore (well, one an a Griffon) and my Converted Highborn to ride one of them.

Dunno how much it all is, but I reckon around 4,000.

Next up, when I'm financially settled again I intend to flesh it out with more combat blocks,

Grand Warlord
26-06-2005, 21:12
I plan to complete them tonight or tommorow after work then i need to find a decent Airbrush unit to coat and ink them all.

Crazy Harborc
28-06-2005, 20:20
I dug up/out some VERY old non-GW hooded elfs, suitable to be woodies. They have elfish noses, slinder and long. Hey, it's something to do until the Woodie army box comes out in July, November, whenever.

I recently sold the beginnings of a Tau army............soooooo, it will be like getting a big discount on GW.

MrBear
29-06-2005, 14:44
Well....about 2500 pts Orcs and goblins, mainly foot units but I'm converting some plastic Boar Boyz and starting a Chaos army dedicated to Tzeentch.
But spending most of the summer 300 km from my models tends to slow the work down

FlameKnight
29-06-2005, 14:47
According to the schedule I've set, I finish painting my 2000 point Empire army in two days.

After that, I can start thinking about painting the other 3000 points of unpainted models sitting on my shelf.

Crazy Harborc
01-07-2005, 00:35
By the by, I also have enough historical/fantasy non-GW stuff to make several WAB rules period armies. El Cid (both sides)at 2500 plus points. Same for Age of Chivalry, Fall of the West, Shield wall, Normans versus whoever, etc., etc.

Sorry, I felt like bragging a little :)

The boyz
01-07-2005, 09:51
Well my new Skaven army has taken a bit of a backwards turn really. I need to get some new plastic glue, but I am not to keen on the GW plastic glue as it is mainly to expensive for the amount you get, and I dont like the little plastic pot it comes in.
So I am going to have to go to Truro sometime and get some Airfix glue from toymaster or whatever the shop is called.

EagLes610
27-08-2005, 16:31
I'm working on a group of Zombies by using my leftover High Elves.

Looking good so far.

sigur
27-08-2005, 16:44
I just got my first army book and a regiment of DE warriors. Have to check out the actual rules and then decide on how to put the warriors together (spears? crossbows? with shields or without?). It's all pretty new to me, but my armie's going...uh....well, I guess it will be an army some day. ;)

StugMeister
27-08-2005, 17:31
My Nurgle-tainted Ogres are coming along very nicely.

My Bulls and Tyrant are basically done, just a few little details left to paint. My Gorger is coming along nicely too, I have pics up in the P&T Section (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8911&page=3) if you're interested.

thommo
27-08-2005, 17:43
soooooo slowly!!! bought the rules...bought the TK list...bought the TK battallion plus a few extras and that's where it sits....hectic work...holiday and now moving house has put paid to it for the last 2 months - gonna hit it with ernest from next week though and rain skellie death on all comers by x-mas 2006!!! :D