View Full Version : What are you going to do with your Space Hulk

BigJon
21-08-2009, 01:41
With Space Hulk being the hot topic of the week I thought I would
ask a question. I don't have a Blood Angle army, I run Templars, but
I plan on painting my Space Hulk Terminators as Blood Angles and keeping
them just for Space Hulk not using them in 40K, what is everyone else going
to do with there Space Hulk sets?

*Edit: Tried to edit poll, no luck just answer how you feel and comment on multiple selections

Lars Porsenna
21-08-2009, 01:59
Keeping mine in BA colors, but for SM I play Salamanders (obviously). I already have some Sallie Termnators, so more termies is not a priority for me. Besides, I like BA background too, and if I ever start a 2nd SM army, it would probably be BA...

Damon.

Imperialis_Dominatus
21-08-2009, 02:14
Need an option to do more than one.

Sell Genestealers (frakken' xenos filth), keep Termies, paint in my army's colors.

EDIT: I have a buyer, no moar PMs please. :)

GodofWarTx
21-08-2009, 03:25
going to paint them as blood angels and classic genestealer colors (not my own) and try to figure out a way to use them for both 40k and space hulk.

My Blood Angels army couldnt hurt to have 10 MORE terminators, lol.

adreal
21-08-2009, 06:45
Well I'm just getting it as a gateway game for my friends that don't play warhammer. So I'll paint them in the proper colours (well with no gold).

If I do do another army that's not chaos, it'll be BA, using those sexy termies

ReveredChaplainDrake
21-08-2009, 06:59
As with the OP, I play Templars, and that's about as close as I get to Codex Loyalist. (My GKs are Loyalist but not Codex, and my CSM are Codex but not Loyalist.) I do like the look of that dual LC guy. I've been looking for some way to get a double-LC marshal in Termie Armor without shelling out $50+ for a box of Assault Termies. Plus, the Thunder Hammer guy in there would go great with some Assault Termies. Every time I see the new Terminator model, I am more and more in awe of the fact that I am going to own these guys in a few weeks. The question is which of these lucky models will be pimped out like a Sword Brethren, and right now I'd have to go with the 2xLC. In really, what my Templars need are Vindicators, not Terminators. Maybe Assault Terminators, but I have all the shooty Termies I need.

The Genestealers, on the other hand, are definitely going to be added to my Tyranid army, no questions. I have some theories that Scuttling, potentially FA Genestealers will be a different unit type than the "purestrain" Troop Genestealers. (It's basically the only smart fix amidst a host of dumb fixes.) Thus, if I need to wysiwyg the difference, this is how I do it. I may add Carapace later, but I plan to see what happens this January - March time frame to see what works for sure.

Xelloss
21-08-2009, 07:12
I bought SH to play with it, so I don't really want selling a part of it... I will paint the termies as BTs, try to convert the librarian as a GK, but I have no idea which colour theme use for the jean-stealers...

USABOB
21-08-2009, 07:38
What I plan to do:
Paint the termies as Blood Angels(Having a BA army) and paint the genestealers in my own scheme (my nid army is hurting for models) and somehow base all the models for use with 40k and Space Hulk.

If I get a second set I will probably paint the genestealers in my own scheme and convert the termies as my other space marine chapter.

Fallen DA
21-08-2009, 07:46
I'm keeping mine all original.... Same as shown. I can still use my own 40k Termies if I want to, and since I don't have a nid army, makes no difference how they're painted.

-IronWarrior-
21-08-2009, 07:48
Do Behemoth for the GS's

Best hive fleet imo

BrotherOfBrass
21-08-2009, 07:51
I'm gonna keep it all and just for Space Hulk, rather than 40k. The Gene-Sneakers are going to be 'classic' purple and blue, but the termies are probably going to end up as Deathwing, just because I really like the paint scheme.

Alx_152
21-08-2009, 07:54
Keep them all
Paint the termies and genestealers in the colors of my armies.

If this version can be used with my older versions of SH, I'll probably will try a mega SH.

Insane Psychopath
21-08-2009, 08:21
Not voted

But I'm keeping everthing in the two boxes I order. I'll be painting the Terminators as Blood Angels & be aim to use a Deathwing list with those models but mainly keep them purely for Hulk.

Genestealer I might do my own colour, well wait & see?? See how the eavy metal team did there's.

IP

the_picto
21-08-2009, 10:27
The terminators I'll be adding to my dark angel army so I can run a double wing list. I'm hoping one of the terminators will make a suitable belial model, perhaps the librarian with some conversion work.

The genestealers will be added to my woefully neglected tyranid army to bring it up to 1500ish points. They'll be painted in my blue and white army colours.

Then I'm going to play space hulk with them as well.

Leeman Russ
21-08-2009, 10:45
I'll be painting my box up to match my army colours. Although I don't have a Tyranid army of my own, a friend of mine sometimes 'shares' his Tyranids with me in bigger games, and we've adopted a colour scheme which runs through any Tyranids we both own. I've also ordered 3 boxes of Genestealers to use for SH - as much as I love the newer models, they look more like diorama pieces than gaming models.

Of course, a second set (cash and availability permitting) will be in Blood Angels colours and use the boxed 'stealers.

hwd
21-08-2009, 10:48
I intend to paint them and then play many many games of space hulk...
Some day I might paint some more blood angels but I doubt it

EDIT: I also intend to use the marines from time to time and a 750 point deathwing army. Its almost like they planned it but being GW they almost certainly didnt!

Grimtuff
21-08-2009, 10:52
Nothing, as i'm not buying it.

Sometimes I wish I had £60 to throw away right now.

Souleater
21-08-2009, 12:11
I haven't voted as I would need to pick two options.

I am keeping the figures to play SH but painting them to match my SM and Nid armies.

The Termies may see action if I ever get around to doing an SM army. Not too sure about the Stealers...

Marlow
21-08-2009, 12:13
I will propably paint mine as Ultramarines (my army) but will be keeping them just for Space Hulk.

I might use Genestealers with my 'nid army for an occasional game, but I am much more likly to use my 'nids to bulk up the numbers in Space Hulk games.

Nicha11
21-08-2009, 12:22
The Termies?
Painting them death wing and using them for normal 40k.

Genestealer?
That badassery is hard to take. Ebay them when the orders run out for lots of money:evilgrin:

sydbridges
21-08-2009, 12:27
With the set I've already bought, paint the terminators my army's colors, probably do some conversion work to reduce the amount of vampire to zero and up the number of chalices on things.

If I break down and get a second set, that set will be painted as blood angels because hot damn. It'd be nice to have a set which I won't have mangled with green stuff, a file, and whatever else I end up using, 'cause those things are pretty.

Mega Nutz
21-08-2009, 12:29
Start a BA army, rebase the terminator set and nids and use them for both SH and normal 40K!!

Eldoriath
21-08-2009, 12:34
I will paint them up to be able to use them with my ordinary army, though some minor conversion will be required of course. But I will make it so that I still will be able to play it as ordinary space hulk (make bases changeable).

BigJon
21-08-2009, 13:27
I like your idea sydbridges, I hate painting red for some reason. Maybe I'll down play the Vamp aspect and work up some chalices and paint them up as Soul Drinkers; pre-chaos of course.

Leeman Russ
21-08-2009, 13:29
I like your idea sydbridges, I hate painting red for some reason. Maybe I'll down play the Vamp aspect and work up some chalices and paint them up as Soul Drinkers; pre-chaos of course.

Damn... Now that's a tempting prospect too!

Poseidal
21-08-2009, 13:35
Probably paint 'em up as Blood Angels and Classic Colour Genestealers to play Space Hulk with.

The Terminators may get a 'Guest Slot' with my Space Marines though.

Actually, I'm tempted to get another box, and paint that one with something like Crimson Fists vs. Red Stealers so the red and blue team can be flipped.

ashc
21-08-2009, 13:50
I'm going to make my Space Hulk fight my Incredible Hulk.

Lordsaradain
21-08-2009, 14:08
I proably won't buy it, but if I do, I'll keep the termies and convert them to chaos.

Jagged
21-08-2009, 14:10
Assuming "Keep it all" means "play the game" and not "hoard it to ebay later" then I am going to keep it all.

My SMs are Blood Angles anyway so that stress/whine is denied me :D

Souleater
21-08-2009, 14:12
I don't get the need to 'tone down the vampishness'.

One model has a rather small pair of incisors. The rest of the models have standard Imperial skulls on them and drops of blood because of the Chapter name.

Not exactly batwings a-go-go a la Vampire Counts.

Darnok
21-08-2009, 14:13
Shame there isn't the option for multiple votes...

So far I preordered three boxes. One is for gaming duties, with all the models painted, most likely in the studio colour scheme. A second one is for collecting dust, which I want to have as a collectors item. The third one is for being shared with a friend: I get a second set of models, he gets a second set of floors.

ashc
21-08-2009, 14:14
One model has a rather small pair of incisors.

Having held the model half an hour ago you can barely see them. Just looks like they were accentuated by the 'eavy metal teamer who painted them in the promo shots.

Fist of Crimson
21-08-2009, 14:18
Voted for painting them to match my army.

My army happens to be Blood Angels this time but my wife plays nids and they her colours are not studio colours.

Deus Mechanicus
21-08-2009, 14:28
I will use two and paint them up "standard" colors for play. I will keep the other 5 i ordered in mint condition for later resale on ebay when its sold out and prices go up.

sydbridges
21-08-2009, 15:00
I don't get the need to 'tone down the vampishness'.

One model has a rather small pair of incisors. The rest of the models have standard Imperial skulls on them and drops of blood because of the Chapter name.

Not exactly batwings a-go-go a la Vampire Counts.

When I say 'tone down the vampishness', I mean 'remove the blatant blood angels symbols' as well as remove any fangs. I plan to make them into Soul Drinkers, so I'm quite happy about the chalice symbols I've seen on the models as they fit rather nicely, but the blood drops are going to have to go - either I'll try and green stuff over them, file them off and put chalices in their place, or something else.

Vepr
21-08-2009, 15:11
With it sounding like Space Hulk might truly be limited I am planning on keeping mine just like it is and not doing any painting etc with the minis. If it sells out completely in the first week though I would not be surprised if GW decides to revisit the game again especially if the rumors are true about nids and blood angles for next year.

Shadowphrakt
21-08-2009, 15:21
With it sounding like Space Hulk might truly be limited.

It has to be. GW have advertised it as "limited" or "while stocks last" legally they cannot then re-release it i'm pretty sure.

Vepr
21-08-2009, 15:25
It has to be. GW have advertised it as "limited" or "while stocks last" legally they cannot then re-release it i'm pretty sure.

Unless they do something like release an add-on to it that can stand alone on it's own etc. There are ways around it if they deem the game popular and profitable enough.

DCLXVI
21-08-2009, 15:33
I'll paint the 'stealers to match my nid army (brown with a shiny black carapace). I don't have a Marine army but I quite like the colour scheme of the Blood Ravens, so that's what the termies will be.

thoughtfoxx
21-08-2009, 15:33
Well my Marines are going to get painted my chapter colours [successor DA chapter]. The incisors on the one model is moot, all my marines will be wearing their helmets. [what the hell is it with fighting in space with your helmet off anyway and where do Space wolves put their flowing locks?

As for the base connundrum I am busy building a full SH board with a 40mm tile to accomodate the REAL terminator base size.

GraveGuard
21-08-2009, 15:39
Play it, lots and lots.

Paint up the Terminators as Blood Angels (always had a soft spot for them) and the Genestealers in something else, might be the traditional colours with a twist.

And building a hirst arts Board so the card tiles don't get trashed.

Dwarf Supreme
21-08-2009, 17:13
It's a complete game. Why would I want to break it up?

Gorbad Ironclaw
21-08-2009, 17:21
You missed out an option ;) Play my friends copies and have fun with it that way :)

That's the best thing about boardgames. You only need one person to buy it for multiple people to play it.

Angelwing
21-08-2009, 17:45
I'll be painting up the terminators as blood angels, but the genestealers will be my own hive fleet colours.

BaronVonSnakPak
21-08-2009, 17:55
You missed out an option ;) Play my friends copies and have fun with it that way :)

That's the best thing about boardgames. You only need one person to buy it for multiple people to play it.

unless you enjoy the painting aspect aswell as the gaming.

Petay1985
21-08-2009, 18:30
Painting the terminators in studio colours as Blood Angels, rebasing for 40k if and when the blood anglels get some more cool models.... here's hoping!!

Netherghoul
21-08-2009, 18:40
painting the miniatures high standard and build them into a stunning large diorama.

the box?;

no idea, prob will end up in the closet, or I might buy 2 boxes to be able to play with the stuff with friends.

starlight
21-08-2009, 18:44
Assuming I manage to get my hands on one or two copies...keep them forever and likely integrate them into my forces over time... :D

Ben
21-08-2009, 19:18
Paint the marines as ultramarines (which is my army) and paint the stealers in standard SH scheme (which my stealers are all painted in anyway). Puts me closer to having half a first company.

starlight
21-08-2009, 21:11
Since I've already filled an FOC with Terminators (Deathwing rules, Salamander Successor colours), I'm not sure how I'd paint the Terminators... :(

Charax
22-08-2009, 06:17
A friend's ordering two - one to keep (just so he can have a complete set of every edition of Space Hulk) and one he's splitting with me. I get the genestealers and objectives.
1) Going to add the Stealers to my already impressive stash of 2nd edition Space Hulk genestealers and Advanced Space Crusade tyranid warriors to make a small Nid force
2) Convert the terminator-on-throne into a Death Guard Sorceror on palanquin
3) Use the chalice on a 54mm Inquisitor model, use the CAT for...something

No, I have no intention of actually playing the game, I already have 1st edition Space Hulk

Souleater
22-08-2009, 12:46
...(Deathwing rules, Salamander Successor colours)... :(

Shhh, don't tell anybody that...I think you can get lynched for that kind of 'heresy'. :D

Big Ned
22-08-2009, 15:04
It's a complete game. Why would I want to break it up?

My thoughts exactly

starlight
22-08-2009, 15:34
Shhh, don't tell anybody that...I think you can get lynched for that kind of 'heresy'. :D

So I shouldn't tell people that I use a different set of Marine rules for each company...? :angel: After all I *can* fill an FOC with each... :D

Grey Knights
Deathwing
Ravenwing
Blood Angels
Codex - Mech
Codex - Horde
Codex - Scout

Although that is subject to change when the Wolves get their new book... :angel:

:p

Oh and On Topic, I want at least two copies of SH for the actual game with the third for modeling considerations and to use the extra tiles for the first two games... :D

Mannimarco
22-08-2009, 18:30
im sure many people are thinking it, buy 1 oe 2 (or even 3!) wait a few months then sell them piece by piece for a lot more than RRP

seriously though ill try to get a couple of them, get some ainsty tunnels and play large scale space hulk

starlight
22-08-2009, 20:54
Buy to resell...? Never. It's for ME! :skull:

Sleby
23-08-2009, 02:38
No intention of using them in 40k. I'm buying Space Hulk so I can play Space Hulk! :p

neXus6
23-08-2009, 02:42
Buying it to play Space Hulk so not going to be splitting it.

The models will be painted in studio/old Space Hulk colours.
I'm not much of a fan of Blood Angels but when I was a wee kid playing 2nd ed Space Hulk I always loved the old Flesh Tearers colour scheme so I might be going with that as it should look fine on heavily Blood Angels models.

And Genestealers just HAVE to be purple, I'm sorry but it's the rules.

Axel
24-08-2009, 20:22
I have tons of metal terminators (around 20) and 40+ of the old Genestealers...

I will rebase and paint the minis for my SM and Nid-Army (not sure wether I will go BAs, though, or add them with odd iconography to my own order) and play mainly with the old playing pieces.

zedeyejoe
24-08-2009, 20:23
My plan. Use 40K models to play the game. Game pieces I may keep or sell.

Lord Zso Sahaal
24-08-2009, 20:59
Im gonna keep them all, paint up as Blood Angels even though I run an Utramarines force. Undecided on the Tyranid colours but will sort something :)

Sahaal

nedius
24-08-2009, 21:41
I'm getting two copies. One I will keep pristine as I collect Space Hulk stuff.

The second I'll paint as Blood Angels and classic genestealer colours.

However, I also plan to create my own campaign book to release online based on the Ultramarines defence of the southern fortress on macragge. So, I'll buy a couple of teminator squads (possibly the AoBR ones) and paint them up as ultramarines, model them so they are on removable 40mm bases etc. Then, I'll work on two 4-6 mission campaigns, covering the attack upon the polar fortress and then the subsiquent arrival of the reenforcements searching for survivors. So I'll use the SH board, but have some mission appropriate terminators. Maybe think up rules for normal tactical marines, based on those from 1st ed (10 per squad, 1D6 shooting needing 6 to kill, combat at D6-1, flamer killing on 5s).

bielmic
24-08-2009, 21:46
if the two of you who marked "sell termies" are still thinking about it, feel free to pm me as i'm willing to trade/buy them. as for my one set, i'll keep the whole thing (and hopefully make a deathwing BA army!).

blagmasterg
24-08-2009, 21:51
Errrr - is this a trick question? I will be painting all of the minis to the best of my ability in BA and classic genestealer colours and keeping them all as part of one big glorious set. I will also be writing some campaigns of my own and prob try and do some stuff that allows me to use other minis I have.:D

samiens
24-08-2009, 21:58
I'll be converting a chaos terminator force (on 20mm bases with a larger 40mm base that this can sit on for normal games) most likely to match my Death Guard army-it'll take a while as I'll want them weapon appropriate so t/l bolters as storm bolters, rac as assault cannon and a host of power fists. i'll probably use the mace and maybe elongate the haft for the thunder hammer with a shield on the other arm that can double as an icon for 40k. I'll most likely use a Lord as the sergeant)

Not sure on stealers-I've got a load from 1st ed hulk, my girlfriend has a load from her nid army and she'll probably paint the stealers to match.

The blood angels will probably get assembled and used at first until the chaos termies are done, then saved in case myself or my girlfriend does them for 40k though I do have a friend who would really like them... its hard to give up great models though so i imagine they'll sit on the shelf!

I may eventually make a campaign pack for my termies invading the space hulk with my homebrew rules for chaos weapons...

Morlu
25-08-2009, 09:21
I will certainly be painting th stealers to match my nids as i needed another 16 to make up the numbers for my 1500 and these models are too nice not to use a lot(my friend and i argue about this as he thinks they are too nice TO use a lot :p).

The termies I am still unsure about, I would love to do them as salamanders to mach my marines as they could really do with some termies, but i will wait to decide until i actualy have the models and can see how easy it would be to remove the BA iconography from them well, if they do turn into salamanders I will cut the right shoulder pads right back and put the forge world ones on so they still have nice sculted chapter symbols on...but we shall see!

Mojaco
25-08-2009, 14:53
Termies will become Flesh Tearers, as I prefer the added black over the perfect red. The Genestealers I don't know yet.

Perhaps I'll make a Flesh Tearer army one day, but for now they're just for the boardgame.

Bubba9
27-08-2009, 10:43
paint them either as BA or a follower chapter, then build a board an use the rules from anphelion base. this way its possible to use other armies to fight each other. probably gonna get some forgeworld space puppies termies to convert the same characters for SW as soon as they are relesaed by GW (hopefully some plastic termi kit)

Captain Cortez
27-08-2009, 20:09
I'm going to keep them. All of them.

I play the cursed founding Lamenters chaptor. If you don't know the fluff they are a Blood Angels succesor legion that have found a way to queil the Sanguine curse. However the Lamenter are cursed with bad luck and are barely 300 strong.

Now I need to paint them yellow and green stuff some hearts;).

Galaspar
27-08-2009, 22:16
Good to know I'm not the only one going for a Lamenters scheme for the Space Hulk marines, I don't usually play them but I think it would look very dramatic. As a friend pointed out to me, it's also very appropriate to have some of the few surviving Lamenters terminators out there hunting nids. I don't think they're known for using grail imagery, but I guess a 'chalice of tears' would be appropriate symbolism.

One thing I'm wondering though - to base them or not to base them? 40mm bases are bigger than the squares, sure, but there's enough border to the tiles to move terminators slightly to the side when they're all bunched up. Even though I doubt I'll use them in regular 40k, minis with no base look a bit strange to me.

starlight
27-08-2009, 22:32
Magnets on the bottom of the SH bases that fit into recessed 40mm bases. :)

Znail
28-08-2009, 12:17
Magnets on the bottom of the SH bases that fit into recessed 40mm bases. :)

My plan as well. Would let you make a travel hulk as well :cool: Althou using epic models for that is pretty funny. :)

fandodododo
28-08-2009, 14:54
convert the BA terminators to BT ones

hello_dave
29-08-2009, 19:52
Having zero interest in playing 40k I'll be keeping all of my models for playing space hulk, the paint schemes will be BA and classic purple genestealers.

Znail
29-08-2009, 20:28
I am somewhat curious about how many of the conversions that will turn out well. Its a bit sad to have such good models wasted if it does turn out badly.

carlisimo
29-08-2009, 20:49
I'm going to keep it at my fiancée's house until the end of October.

I'm working as a structural engineer and that's when I'm taking the PE (Professional Engineer) license exam. If I study hard, I'll pass, and then I'll reward myself with the game.

Normally I'd wait to buy it, but I'm worried about it selling out. So I've ordered it - now I'd better pass the test.

Souleater
30-08-2009, 08:51
I am somewhat curious about how many of the conversions that will turn out well. Its a bit sad to have such good models wasted if it does turn out badly.

We simply must have a 'SH paint jobs and conversions' thread! :D

Shruikine
31-08-2009, 00:34
I woul ddearly love to actually buy one, but so much shiny new stuff has been realesed that i can't afford it. It hurts inside...

Champer Master Zavian
31-08-2009, 04:29
I am going to get Space Hulk first and foremost for Space Hulk. Seeing as I missed out on the original, I'm excited to try it.

abaddonseviltwin
31-08-2009, 10:29
No need to ask what one person's doing...£120 on ebay! Limited edition but still available, surely no one's that simple...are they?

Souleater
01-09-2009, 21:42
I've seen people buy Ltd Ed computer games at over retail while they are being sold at discount prices on well-known e-stores.