PDA

View Full Version : Played Space Hulk Today...:)

Lotoc_Sabbath
21-08-2009, 18:00
hi guys,

today the SH set arrived in my GW store and today I played it for 3 times.

I played only the first mission which is called suicide where you would use only the Sergent and the flamer as special weapons and it gave me: 1st a very good impression of the game and 2nd I enjoyed very very much.

Anyway the game is very similar to the old one but there are some very small new rules that make it better.

The things that have more changed are the statistics and the movements but it has generally remained the same. Anyway I really liked it and hope to play other missions. It is really a well thought out game. If you have any questions ask!

Necrotyr18
21-08-2009, 18:02
You may have just convinced me to buy it as I really didn't know what to expect from Space Hulk. I may have to give it a go...:)

Vepr
21-08-2009, 18:05
I have only watched it played 3 times at a local store but all three games were fast, brutal, and fun. The final game I watched came down to the flamer guy having one shot left and just getting to the room he had to flame and using his last shot to do it before getting overwhelmed. It was very cool.

genestealer_baldric
21-08-2009, 18:07
i wasnt going to buy it then i played mission 1 & 2 in store today and went straight ahead and got 1 on the back of those 2 games its amazing. mission 2 was a true last stand with the termi in overwatch vs about 10 stealers running at him they finally dragged him down in combat. The next game a mate played he wiped out all 32 nids with no loses luckey B**ger but still alot of fun.

i wasnt sure on the minis then in the plastic they are amazing the brood lord is so big and the deatils on the terms is great. if you can afford it i would advise u buy it straight away. :)

Lotoc_Sabbath
21-08-2009, 18:19
I have only watched it played 3 times at a local store but all three games were fast, brutal, and fun. The final game I watched came down to the flamer guy having one shot left and just getting to the room he had to flame and using his last shot to do it before getting overwhelmed. It was very cool.

I played exactly that mission twice with the marines and once with the tyranids...I won with the marines once and once with the nids the last time i lost...

@genestealer_baldric: same advice I give it is just great and amazing it is bloody violent and more relistic than any other GW game. Even if you can't afford it you must buy it...:D

The Decayed
21-08-2009, 18:32
I've got a question for you there!!

Are the miniatures all stable enough?
Their cast-on bases aren't too wide, and after they're painted, I wouldn't want mine to fall over all the time and having to repaint the "battledamage" over and over again.
Especially as it's a game perfectly fit to be playing with non-miniature-wargamers, who might not understand that those models are handpainted and all. (basically just clumsy fools shoving them about like cheap chess figures)
Do we really need to keep worrying about putting them on extra large bases like 25mm square fantasy or maybe even bigger?

BaronVonSnakPak
21-08-2009, 18:57
having never played SH, how easy would you say the rules are to come to grips with?

ive got a couple people id like to try this, but im worried theyll be put off by complicated rules.

Ancelyn1331
21-08-2009, 19:59
The old school SH was GWs equivalent of chess. No really! Pure strategy with all kinds of groovy weapons thrown into the mix. Frenetic fun.

beef5570
21-08-2009, 20:04
I've got a question for you there!!

Are the miniatures all stable enough?
Their cast-on bases aren't too wide, and after they're painted, I wouldn't want mine to fall over all the time and having to repaint the "battledamage" over and over again.
Especially as it's a game perfectly fit to be playing with non-miniature-wargamers, who might not understand that those models are handpainted and all. (basically just clumsy fools shoving them about like cheap chess figures)
Do we really need to keep worrying about putting them on extra large bases like 25mm square fantasy or maybe even bigger?

I played it as well today and as well as it being as good as I remember, the mini's are very stable, and very nice looking indeed.
best
Rob

genestealer_baldric
21-08-2009, 20:05
having never played SH, how easy would you say the rules are to come to grips with?

ive got a couple people id like to try this, but im worried theyll be put off by complicated rules.

i had never played the game on TT b4 today and it took only about 5 min to learn the rules. its the best rules for 40k related stuff has done in ages IMHO, its rules explination are easy and very good, hey if i can understand SH in 5 mins you will be able to teach a rabbit in 3 min.

The Decayed
21-08-2009, 21:44
Cool to know the models don't really need extra basing work on them, thanks for the answer Beef5570!
That way I can keep the whole game in it's original state.

Znail
22-08-2009, 08:57
The old school SH was GWs equivalent of chess. No really! Pure strategy with all kinds of groovy weapons thrown into the mix. Frenetic fun.

Personaly I find Bloodbowl alot more chesslike then Space Hulk! Not that I dont like SH, but BB is both very strategic and tactial. SH is somewhat easier to learn and play then BB and that is obviously an advantage.

Ancelyn1331
22-08-2009, 08:59
Probably true Znail, but I've never played Blood Bowl.

BaronVonSnakPak
24-08-2009, 07:13
i love chess, i also love 40k. you guys may have just pushed me over the edge.