PDA

View Full Version : Missions, Marines & Weapon Choices

commandergabriel
28-08-2009, 15:12
I can't remember if I read this in posts here or not, but I'm curious to know from those who have had the opportunity to play Space Hulk in-store if:

1) The number of Marines vary from mission to mission (i.e. 5 to 12)
2) What weapon choices the Marines are allowed for each mission
3) Do the missions pre-determine the weapon choices for the Marines
and
4) If Marines get to choose their weapons, what flexibility they have

I do remember flexibility for choices in 1st Edition but certainly a lack in 2nd (i.e. I got used to using storm bolters and heavy flamers) and I'm wondering how this was addressed. I like the idea of lightning claws again...

Can anyone shine light on this subject or direct this to a discussion already in progress?

eriochrome
28-08-2009, 15:28
I have a feeling that their is no flexability. Your entire unit make up is probably decided by the mission.

I did notice that the brood lord only appears in missions 11 and 12.

Mojaco
28-08-2009, 15:35
1) Yes, it varies. One mission actually has you starting with just 2 marines, with the rest activited later. Didn't play that one, but looks like lot of fun.
2) Pre-determined
3) Yes
4) None at all

Some missions allow for different degrees of flexibility in setup, but that's about it for variety in starting conditions.

commandergabriel
28-08-2009, 15:47
Excellent... Like I wrote; I got so used to just storm bolters in 2ed that I am getting excited for varying weapons; just didn't know the degree. I'm really looking forward to getting my copy...