PDA

View Full Version : So it started (ebay)

Insane Psychopath
01-09-2009, 20:53
Just took a random look on ebay to see what Space Hulk goodness was there & already spoted one that 100!!!!!!!!! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-SPACE-HULK-ADVANCE-COPY-rare_W0QQitemZ180401967757QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_To ys_Wargames_RL?hash=item2a00cb928d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2nd Sept (tomorrow) the bid end, well two hours as they set it for midnight. Why weaste the money when you can get it from your local GW & support it for 58.80 & you only need to wait for a few days until the offical release on the 5th Sept.

IP

beef5570
01-09-2009, 21:34
Just sent the seller this question
"hi can you tell me is this the same game that is released on saturday for 58.70 in every games Workshop in the world or has it got solid gold miniatures, I am only asking because of your obscene asking price"

wonder if i will get a reply
I urge everyone to copy and paste this to the seller
best
Rob

grimcrazy
01-09-2009, 21:53
thats a good idea!

I'm going to ask the seller if is a signed copy (signed by blood angel sergeant lorenzo)

Loq-Gor
01-09-2009, 22:07
That is a stupid deal, especially since Saturday nothing I just opened my copy.

Charax
01-09-2009, 22:18
Consider this:
- It's a limited edition release
- He's listing it before the official release date
a ~33% markup's quite reasonable when you take both of those into account. His asking price is only relevant if he can find someone willing to pay 100 for it - and if someone wants to pay 100 for something they can get for around two-thirds that price, who's he to stop them? he'll either get the price he's asking for or it won't sell (and it looks like it's going to be the latter.

Just sent the seller this question
"hi can you tell me is this the same game that is released on saturday for 58.70 in every games Workshop in the world"
I'd like to introduce you to an interesting little concept called an exchange rate. the price will not be 58.70 "in every games workshop in the world" - not that I'd expect you to make an intelligent statement in what is essentially abuse thinly disguised as a question.

Oh, and encouraging people to harass someone? that's classy

Caveat Emptor, as always.

ted1138
02-09-2009, 01:57
Starting to see individual minis being listed by sellers, looks like they could go for quite a lot. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Space-Hulk-Tyranid-Genestealer-Broodlord_W0QQitemZ180402275542QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ UK_Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item2a00d044d6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warhammer-Space-Hulk-Sargeant-Lorenzo-blood-angel_W0QQitemZ180402252834QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_T oys_Wargames_RL?hash=item2a00cfec22&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Cpt. Drill
02-09-2009, 03:21
This does seem like madness... Especially when you check out the postage on it, "Estimated delivery within 11-12 business days" . So you will get it about a week after its officially released?

Znail
02-09-2009, 03:30

As mentioned, he wont actualy deliver before the release date, so that point is moot. Its basicly a scam based on auctioning out the game and then go buy it later in a GW store, but that is not illegal. What you have here is simply some people who take advantage of the limitless stupidity found around the world.

Cergorach
02-09-2009, 07:40
And no one bought it, he's out the auction costs ;-)

beef5570
02-09-2009, 08:24
@ charax "I'd like to introduce you to an interesting little concept called an exchange rate. the price will not be 58.70 "in every games workshop in the world" - not that I'd expect you to make an intelligent statement in what is essentially abuse thinly disguised as a question.

Oh, and encouraging people to harass someone? that's classy"

I know its not going to be 58.70 in every shop, but it is certainly not going to be 100 plus p+p. And as for the intelligent statement bit, thats not what I was aiming for, I was actually aiming for thinly disguised abuse so that worked. Oh and selling something for 100 that costs 58.70 is 70% mark up not 33%.
best
Rob

Mannimarco
02-09-2009, 12:01
just had a look at ebay, theres a couple of people just selling the board and rules (minus the models) for around 30 quid buy it now and selling the models individually

could be handy if anybody just want the board so they can try to make some custom missions using models they already own, i quite like the idea of writing up "deffwing on a space hulk)

ah profiteering is fun

Bookwrak
02-09-2009, 14:07
I was actually aiming for thinly disguised abuse so that worked. Oh and selling something for 100 that costs 58.70 is 70% mark up not 33%.

So what? That still doesn't give you any right to abuse the guy, although I bet he got a chuckle at getting the e-mail simmering with internet nerd-rage.

Znail
02-09-2009, 14:11
If you are engaged in scamming people, even if legal, then any internet abuse you get is justified.

Gunboatdiplomat
02-09-2009, 14:17
Just picked up a couple of spare boardsets on ebay, 30 quid delivered each for all the cardboard, game box and rule books. Nice :P

ted1138
02-09-2009, 15:46
Just picked up a couple of spare boardsets on ebay, 30 quid delivered each for all the cardboard, game box and rule books. Nice :P

But you could have bought two copies of the game, sold off the minis and kept the boardsets/rules/boxes, and made a few quid profit. Not such a good deal now, heh?

Insane Psychopath
02-09-2009, 16:57
I was mean this topic to show, though the guy selling it for 100 it nothing toward him & be great if he dose sell his Hulk on. This topic was more if anyone had bought this ebay one before the release because of

1: They are paying twice as much (120 in total if you include the P+P), when if they waited, they could get two force the price of this ebay one.
2: They would have to wait until the 14th Sept to get this game
3: They are not supporting there local store (gaming or GW).

It like the 40k 4th Ed rule book when that came out. A week before it was release a GW store in London went to sell a copy on, went for 500 (but then again GW HQ did this so no one would buy it) & if I rememeber rightly the orignaly price before HQ jump in was 60, a week before it was release to the public.

IP

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 17:00

But you bought 6 main sets anyway. How big games do you want to play?

Bookwrak
02-09-2009, 17:06
If you are engaged in scamming people, even if legal, then any internet abuse you get is justified.
I'm sorry, what thread did you think you were posting in, because there hasn't been any mention of scammers that I've seen.

pj19
02-09-2009, 18:28
I don't understand the big deal. If you want Space Hulk now, buy it. There's nothing wrong with selling it on ebay- obviously if people are bidding on it than there is demand for it... all the seller is doing is fulfilling that demand....

unclejimbo827
02-09-2009, 19:47
Consider this:
- It's a limited edition release
a ~33% markup's quite reasonable when you take both of those into account. His asking price is only relevant if he can find someone willing to pay 100 for it - and if someone wants to pay 100 for something they can get for around two-thirds that price, who's he to stop them? he'll either get the price he's asking for or it won't sell (and it looks like it's going to be the latter.

I'd like to introduce you to an interesting little concept called an exchange rate. the price will not be 58.70 "in every games workshop in the world" - not that I'd expect you to make an intelligent statement in what is essentially abuse thinly disguised as a question.

Oh, and encouraging people to harass someone? that's classy

Caveat Emptor, as always.

So, when do you plan to ship it to the winner?

athamas
02-09-2009, 20:31
the most amusing thing is watching the individual model prices.. people really like the lightning claw guy...

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 21:11
Broodlord is at 16 and rising...

Souleater
02-09-2009, 21:30
I will be interested to see a table of the 'top five' figures. I.e. which five figures go for the most, and just which ones they are.

Charax
02-09-2009, 21:32
16 for a broodlord? knew it'd work (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3870343&postcount=96)

Broodlord, Librarian, Terminator on throne, BA Captain and either the terminator holding the genestealer head or the one with the pointing powerfist would be my guesses for top 5 most wanted models.

grimcrazy
02-09-2009, 22:03
the figures are ebaying expensive - but then a standard squad of terminators is about 25

and the metal broodlord is not that inspiring

Gunboatdiplomat
02-09-2009, 22:07
But you bought 6 main sets anyway. How big games do you want to play?

2 For me, 2 for my bro (who's overseas atm) and 2 for the cupboard for future use/sale. If GW pulls a swift one and reprints, ces't la vie. If they don't, then selling them later will pay for my own investment - theres no shame in that (I made a point of putting money away for my pre-orders way back when the re-release was rumoured... more fool those who are complaining that they don't get paid till the end of the month and so will miss the splash release, learn to save tbh).

The extra 2 sets of board sections mean that I can run massive games by utilising the 100 odd painted stealers and (at least) 50 painted terminators I have at home without busting open the 2 spare copies or having to mix in 1st or 2nd edition tiles (which are seriously thinner).

Joking asside, I'm a massive Hulk fan, I've been playing it for 20 years, and wasn't missing out on a limited run of my favourite game of all time.