PDA

View Full Version : It's Here!!!

jasdc1
02-09-2009, 00:44
Well actually it was here yesterday around 9am CST. Got home from work and was putting some stuff together for Crimson Skies when there was a Bell at the door. Got to the door to see the Fed-Ex van pulling out of my drive and a box on my stoop. What a heavy box. Check the label as I wasn't expecting anything, yet. Return label of Games Workshop and a weight of almost 10 lbs. The Hulk had landed at my door step. Ah the joy of fresh new plastic, and a week early to boot. Needless to say Crimson Skies went out the window as I whipped out the clippers and X-acto. Spent the rest the day cleaning and assembling the best damn looking Terminators I have seen. Can't wait to play. Any body else have in their possession this wonderous box of goodness? I have never before gotten a pre order before the release date. Usually the week after.

Damage,Inc.
02-09-2009, 00:57
Dude, you so beat me to it!! I was napping and someone came and put this giant box on my bed. It was too small to the Valkyries I'd ordered. Opened it up and-... SPACE HULK!!!

OMFG! After 20 years, this bad boy is here again!!

Yeah, I'd just started scratchbuilding a Deathstrike Missile Launcher, and had a brand new AK47 to work on, but all those projects are on the sideline now!

Troah
02-09-2009, 01:00
What's a Space Hulk? Is he big, green, and mean?

Damage,Inc.
02-09-2009, 01:01
You're comment means nothing on a day of such wonders! Ah the smell of new plastic!

jasdc1
02-09-2009, 01:02
Well definately big and mean, but only green if you paint em that way.

HsojVvad
02-09-2009, 01:09
There is a Space Hulk forum now guys. Not shure if you now that or not. I didn't know until I saw a redirection. Just letting you know.

Lucky you, wish I could have gotten one. Hope I can still in 2 months.

primarch16
02-09-2009, 01:13
Tis a very fun game, I recomend playing it after a few drinks :D very hard for the Marines to win I think, but its a good challenge.

New Cult King
02-09-2009, 03:31
I'm in Aus, and mine just arrived today :D It is even nicer than I'd hoped.

starlight
02-09-2009, 03:47
Moved...as you might have expected...

catbarf
02-09-2009, 03:49
Wait, Crimson Skies? The Wizkids game or the Ral Partha game? Either way, not a popular game by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyways, how heavy was the box? It'd be nice to figure out how much shipping will cost from an online vendor.

athamas
02-09-2009, 04:07
got mine today..

arg minitures so nice....

sooo tempted to order a second... then i can use the other set for gaiming minitures and bas them up etc...

Agatheron
02-09-2009, 04:08
Mine arrived today... much to my surprise. I didn't break out the clippers... but I worked hard to clear off my painting/modelling table so I can perhaps do that tomorrow! :)

Beautiful stuff... detail on the termies is amazing... the Genestealers are no slouches either. :)

athamas
02-09-2009, 04:12
there is one version i am not keen on.. they cheated and hid away one of the arms..

bar that, great models...

Czechsensation
02-09-2009, 04:35
mine arrived today... totally out of the blue... and i'm totally blown away by (a) how heavy the box was and (b) how beautiful every single one of the contents are, from minis to books to tiles...

too bad i have to hide it in my closet for a week to keep away the temptation while finishing my thesis! : (

bringerofdecay
02-09-2009, 07:21
mines just this minute arrived, looks sexy :D

the box is weighty for it's size, but not heavy, i can tell some of you have never stacked shelves :P

IAMNOTHERE
02-09-2009, 07:39
I officially hate you all :mad: until my copy arrives that is :evilgrin:

Demkaio
02-09-2009, 07:51
Oh the envy!
I had the delivery guy come yesterday, but no one was home so I called them to have it redelivered it today (they dont just leave the package on the steps)
So I had been anticipating it all day but it still hadnt arrive, they said between 11am-2pm.
Gave them a call and some how they stuffed up the redeliver ticket? So they will be delivering it tomorrow in the morning.
The pain ;(

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 08:09
As usual, other countries are treated far nicer than us UKers. No sign here. Judging by this and other forums, almost every other gamer in the world has theirs.

alexh
02-09-2009, 08:23
As usual, other countries are treated far nicer than us UKers. No sign here. Judging by this and other forums, almost every other gamer in the world has theirs.

Too true, I just checked my order status and it still says it's being processed :mad:

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 08:32
Mine said dispatched a week ago, but i got the email saying it was a mistake. No sign of any 'shipped' email yet.

x_ReepeR_x
02-09-2009, 08:40
I got mine thismorning

pookie
02-09-2009, 08:50
mine arrived today!

very very pleased! tho Boss wasnt as i was late for work, though Buses these days.....

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 08:55
Did you guys get emails to tell you it's been shipped?

Maybe mine has arrived today! (Meaning waiting 48 hours and driving miles to the depot to pick it up. Yay.)

Surly Marine
02-09-2009, 08:57
Still waiting in twitchy readiness....
It will be mine, oh yes.

Haarken
02-09-2009, 09:03
I just got mine, heard a knock at the door but no one was there, went back upstair and saw the Postie's Van... ran back down stairs and looked around the corner and the Postie was handing it over to my nextdoor neighbour. Thank god for friendly neighbours. :) Unfortunately I have to go to work in about five minutes, not even time to open it. I suppose it's something to look forward to all day... or something to torture myself with... *sigh*

Haarken

GawFang
02-09-2009, 09:19
A word of warning to those in the UK...

Check around the outside of your house if you are out or don't hear the door today.

My space hulk came today but I didn't hear the door, it was only when I looked outside I noticed the post man had left it under my car. No note was left so it was lucky it wasn't raining and I spotted it.

ctsteel
02-09-2009, 09:19
Mine arrived today, I had it delivered to my office so I showed the box off to a few work colleagues, one of whom used to play SH/40k many years ago.

A few people have said casually they would be interested in trying a game, so it's already showing its use as an intro style game/discussion piece, and opens up the chance to play this game with people I see regularly (my usual group of friends-who-play and I don't get to catch up that often due to the whole regular life/job/kids thing).

I haven't opened the shrinkwrapped box itself yet, got home from work not long ago and I'm almost afraid to open it and then face the realisation that I have to do heaps of assembly/punching out before I can try it :p .... and I need to make some space on the table after dinner to spread it out a bit..... and then I have to talk my wife into giving it a go so I can try it.

Redstormrisen
02-09-2009, 09:26
Got mine just now, thought it was a load of books fom Amazon, then saw the Games Worksop return address!

Melchor
02-09-2009, 09:33
Curse you all!
I'm all twitchy now... Can't wait for it to arrive.

DarthSte
02-09-2009, 09:38
I'm really hoping a friendly neighbour has accepted it for me, otherwise I'm not going to be able to pick it up until Saturday...

Morlu
02-09-2009, 09:45
The post hasnt arrived here yet but i really hope they send it to my office (the shipping address) not my house (the billing address)...they have got it wrong in the past!

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 09:59
I'm really hoping a friendly neighbour has accepted it for me, otherwise I'm not going to be able to pick it up until Saturday...
Me too. I'm away this weekend, so it's friday night or next monday!

JayeL
02-09-2009, 10:12
Yeah!!!

I got mine this morning at 7:45, bright and early. Ripped the plastic off and had a good rummage around, can't wait to get home from work now.

strewart
02-09-2009, 10:22
I got mine yesterday. Surprisingly, I had the restraint to get a camera going before I started ripping it open. Absolutely fantastic, I have assembled nearly all the models and not one has needed superglue so far! :D A couple will need a little gap filling.

My only slight disappointment is that two of the nid sprues are exactly the same, I didn't notice that before and thought it might have been a mistake. I would have personally preferred more generic models to be duplicates rather than two jumping off the exact same piece of terrain in the exact same way, but hell that is like buying a car and complaining that the indicators sit at 20 degrees rather than 10 degrees. :P

Lord Malorne
02-09-2009, 10:25
A word of warning to those in the UK...

Check around the outside of your house if you are out or don't hear the door today.

My space hulk came today but I didn't hear the door, it was only when I looked outside I noticed the post man had left it under my car. No note was left so it was lucky it wasn't raining and I spotted it.

My postal service are not so stupid as to leave a package lying around outside the persons house, it always shocks me when people say this, like the OP saying there was a knock and it was on his stoop... As if the knew you where in, things get lost with such incompetence.

strewart
02-09-2009, 10:32
Hiding it around the place is rather stupid, what they did with mine was quite comical. All who have it know how big the box is, others... Well, I'm sure you can guess. They 'slipped' it under the doormat! Very subtle. *rollseyes*

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 10:40
My postal service are not so stupid as to leave a package lying around outside the persons house, it always shocks me when people say this, like the OP saying there was a knock and it was on his stoop... As if the knew you where in, things get lost with such incompetence.

Mine have left a package on my doorstep (open to the street) all day before.

It's even more annoying as i have a clearly locked gate (with a padlock) that they can slide packages under.

But then my local post office are awful. They managed to lose a package in between failing to deliver it to my house and taking it to the local depot...

TomsDad
02-09-2009, 10:45
Got mine just now, thought it was a load of books fom Amazon, then saw the Games Worksop return address!

I got mine with along with a load of books from Amazon :D

yay

Its sitting behind me at work, though

boo

Morlu
02-09-2009, 10:49
Did you guys get emails saying it had shipped or did it just turn up? I've had nothing since the email saying the "dispatched" status was an error.

Portent
02-09-2009, 11:00
Probably be grabbing this at my local store this weekend, they're giving away a painted set to one person who buys on the day so worth a pop!

Any thoughts on the rules yet? From watching a game the other day they look pretty sound and fun, I guess time will tell. Plus it's a different beast to the army or even other squad games I guess. :)

GawFang
02-09-2009, 11:04
Did you guys get emails saying it had shipped or did it just turn up? I've had nothing since the email saying the "dispatched" status was an error.

No email, i just checked the GW site everyday and the day after it changed to dispatched it was here.

pookie
02-09-2009, 11:07
Did you guys get emails to tell you it's been shipped?

Maybe mine has arrived today! (Meaning waiting 48 hours and driving miles to the depot to pick it up. Yay.)

no i didnt ( at least the wife hasnt said she had )

first i knew was the postie ringing the door bell at 7.00 this morning.

Morlu
02-09-2009, 11:08
The post has finaly arrived and it here! yey! my boss even said i could have an early lunch so i dont have to wait to open it :p

IAMNOTHERE
02-09-2009, 11:29
Yessss! Its arrived!!! It's offical I no longer hate everybody and everything is right with the world!

Lord Malorne
02-09-2009, 11:33
Yessss! Its arrived!!! It's offical I no longer hate everybody and everything is right with the world!

That's a relief ;).

Sureshot05
02-09-2009, 11:57
I'm not sure I should be reading this thread because:
a) I haven't got my copy yet and I am envious of those who have
b) the scare stories of those who have had their copies left outside by the mail companies is even worse, what if it arrived and has gone missing?!? :cries::p;):cries:

Still, it does mean that I can hope that it is at home waiting for me after work today.

rev
02-09-2009, 12:06
Just took my delivery of 2 sets in Reading Berks UK!

sveet!

Leeman Russ
02-09-2009, 12:18
Myself and a few friends have ordered copies here in Wiltshire. As far as I can tell nothing yet, although I've got my mate who's a postie to keep an eye out for mine, as there's a postal strike happening later this week!

TSR
02-09-2009, 12:51
It appears that GW are not supplying a lot of the independent shops in the UK, I had my order with Gamers Workshop cancelled, so reserved one with my local model shop, who have just informed me that GW will not supply them with any, even though they ordered them when GW first contacted the shop!

GW going for profit over goodwill with their independent stockists?

Satan
02-09-2009, 13:10
GW going for profit over goodwill with their independent stockists?

They usually do. And one day it'll end up hurting them. Diplomacy is an important part of business.

If anyone winds up with a spare set of Terminators then I'm interested in buying...

pookie
02-09-2009, 13:23
If anyone winds up with a spare set of Terminators then I'm interested in buying...

dont worry Satan, i'l hook you up, as i deff want another set of floor plans, just got to see if BA wants the Stealers.

Alex_H
02-09-2009, 13:48
Kind of depressed by all the sets arriving. I ordered mine at 8am on the day it went live and its not arrived. My order still states it 'being processed' however my housemate who ordered his at 10am (same day) is being advised that his is 'being delivered' and our mutual friend who ordered his even later has had his delivered today!

Succurso
02-09-2009, 13:57
MIne arrived at 1:45pm today according to my better half. She has the week off and just this morning has taken possession of both the BSG boardgame and Space Hulk.

For those that want to know - I didnt pre order mine until the 20th and My order said being processed the whole time.

Cheers

Succurso

jasdc1
02-09-2009, 14:12
[QUOTE=catbarf;3912910]Wait, Crimson Skies? The Wizkids game or the Ral Partha game? Either way, not a popular game by any stretch of the imagination.

Maybe not popular, but still love it. Ral Partha version not that waste of a time joke of a game by Wizkids.

Any ways, back on topic. I should be all set to give the game a go today as all minis have been assembled. Albeit I may have slacked on the line scraping on the Stealers, but they're not glued yet so no foul. Can't wait to smash up some Stealer skulls.

jasdc1
02-09-2009, 14:16
Oh forgot to say that I didn't get a single email from GW saying order processed, shipped or anything. Saw on a different thread that people had noticed their order had processed and shipped, so took a look at mine and saw that it was en route. One day later I'm in the Hulk.

Cygnusmaximus
02-09-2009, 14:17
I got mine yesterday and was promptly told to "stop with the nerdgasm" and handed a fussy infant while the missus and my daughter went shopping.

Bouncing a crying baby with one arm and trying to punch out the counters and board sections with the other wasn't ideal, but I couldn't wait.

I'm quite pleased with it.

AND my wife was home and they still left the box on the doorstep! They didn't even bother to ring the bell!

Znail
02-09-2009, 14:24
Was it a delivery service or the normal postal service? If its the normal postal service then I guess thats up to how that works in diffrent countries and not GW's fault.

jasdc1
02-09-2009, 14:43
Mine came Fed-Ex. Happens all the time. Just drop and run. My normal postman will put packages inside the bed of my truck or even in the van and leave a note in the mail box. I live in a rural area so not as bad as in town I guess.

starlight
02-09-2009, 14:47
Not here yet, but at least my Postie leaves them by the door inside the carport where they (generally) can't be seen from the street... *crosses fingers*

samiens
02-09-2009, 15:20
I had to get mine delivered to the nearest store thanks to moving so have to wait until Friday *sniff*

Gunboatdiplomat
02-09-2009, 15:24
Mine where delivered by UPS earlier today (the brown shirt guys).

Its possible GW will use different couriers for a variety of reasons:-

A) Price may vary depending on total package size/weight (1 copy vs 5 for example)
B) Spreading the work around so as not to saturate one courier with tens of thousand packages over a few days
C) Cheaper rates/availability for different delivery areas

ted1138
02-09-2009, 15:33
Both my copies arrived today, haven't opened 'em yet, feel a bit "giddy". :-)

Souleater
02-09-2009, 15:45
I hope GW makes good on their supplies to independants.

My FLGS was expecting their copies to arrive today but no news. :(

I really hope I get a copy. No stealers or Blood Angels would make me a sad bunny.

Count Zero
02-09-2009, 15:57
Mine hasn't arrived, and i believe there is a UK wide postal strike tomorrow :(

still hopefully it will turn up on Friday, at least b4 the weekend please!!!

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 16:49
Bah! Got an undelivered mail card through the door. They decided to take it back to the depot rather than give it to a neighbour or slide it under my padlocked gate ... :mad:

Mattcrowther00
02-09-2009, 19:27
Mine arrived today! And it is fantastic! Will pull out the camcorder for a youtube guided tour of the Space Hulk box later!

DarthSte
02-09-2009, 20:10
Mine was delivered today (thankfully next door neighbours were in AND I had a card through the door so knew where to pick it up from). Thanks UPS.

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 20:17
Did GW send all UK packages by UPS? My card was from the post office. Maybe it's something else and my 'Hulk will come tmw...

Astraeos
02-09-2009, 20:44
Mine came today! I haven't played a game yet but I've punched out all the card bits. Tomorrow is a day off for me so I'll spend the morning putting together the models ready to play a game in the evening!

commandergabriel
02-09-2009, 20:52
I'm waiting to get my copy from my local retailer... And I'm now having a difficult time waiting! Especially since a lot of you folks are getting them a few days early.

Also, a question to those that did already receive their pre-orders direct from GW. I haven't ordered from GW direct in a while so; were you charged for the full amount now or will you be charged on the official day of release?

Temprus
02-09-2009, 21:15
Mine came Fed-Ex. Happens all the time. Just drop and run. My normal postman will put packages inside the bed of my truck or even in the van and leave a note in the mail box. I live in a rural area so not as bad as in town I guess.Between drop & runs at the house and delivering way after hours at work, FedEx forced me to get a PO style mail box between where I live/work. Only about $12 a month and never have to worry if a package will go missing or not thanks to drop & runs or have the Post Office claiming they dropped offed a package when they didn't since my box provider keeps written records of packages.

EDIT: I never got an email declaring it was shipped or such, just had it listed as dispatched Sunday with a tracking code added Monday morning on their website.

grimcrazy
02-09-2009, 21:32
That better not be true about independant stores not getting their orders.

thats got to be a cruel rumour

Demkaio
02-09-2009, 23:44
Bah! Got an undelivered mail card through the door. They decided to take it back to the depot rather than give it to a neighbour or slide it under my padlocked gate ... :mad:

I really feel your pain, not once, not twice...but three times!
They were meant to redeliver yesterday but they didnt, they screwed up something with the delivery ticket?
...so they said it will be redelivered this morning but they didnt for some reason, so im redirecting to my workplace...god I hope it comes this afternoon

The Laughing God
03-09-2009, 00:55
My box arrived yesterday afternoon.

The rules are very easy to understand. The game is a nice way to get people interested in the hobby.

This weekend, I'm going to dive into it and play a few games!:D

Flashing Blade
03-09-2009, 04:22
1ST POST! newbie to Warseer.
Mine arrived today and it's literally ball busting! (thats right, my wife dropped it onto the bed this morning and guess where it landed?)

Jedi152
03-09-2009, 07:01
To those who bought from GW Direct in the UK:

Did GW send all UK packages by UPS? My card was from the post office. Maybe it's something else and my 'Hulk will come tmw...

DarthSte
03-09-2009, 07:41
To those who bought from GW Direct in the UK:

I ordered mine from GW online. It was delivered UPS.

Jedi152
03-09-2009, 07:42
Thanks, maybe the Post Office package was some eBay stuff...

Which makes me wonder where my 'Hulk is. Maybe it'll be waiting tonight! :)

DarthSte
03-09-2009, 07:44
Fingers crossed for you!!!

Jedi152
03-09-2009, 08:04
I have everything crossed! I'm off to see my group tonight, it'd be nice to get a game or two in!

AndrewGPaul
03-09-2009, 08:14
Got mine yesterday. Delivery guy (can't remember if the box had a PO label or courier) just left the 300 package on the doorstep. :( Granted, it's in a flat with secure buzzer entry at the front door, but still, it's a bit annoying. I suppose he didn't want to carry that 20kg box back out to his van.

Leeman Russ
03-09-2009, 08:41
All these reports of packages just being left on doorsteps worries me somewhat. My friend got his copy yesterday but mine hasn't arrived yet. Unless the delivery man did a drop and some thieving git has my Space Hulk...

Melchor
03-09-2009, 09:04
The doorbell rang about an hour ago... The UPS-guy finally delivered. :D

Leeman Russ
03-09-2009, 09:11
Just had a phonecall from home - my copy has also arrived! A night of poly-cement awaits!

Surly Marine
03-09-2009, 09:18
Got mine in Oz today, It's purty.

strewart
03-09-2009, 09:57
Just had a phonecall from home - my copy has also arrived! A night of poly-cement awaits!

Seriously for the entire kit you don't need a drop of glue, all the pieces just click together. Even the cup just clicked together and seems firm!

It is a night of filing mould lines, but even then the marines have hardly any. Just the nids are a bit of a pain.

Leeman Russ
03-09-2009, 10:13
I'm never a fan of clip together / push fit models, so I tend to add a drop of glue just to keep things solid, but it's good to know they're a decent fit all the same.

Ugh... Mold lines... I still have nightmares from AoBR :(

alexh
03-09-2009, 10:15
Still nothing here, I'm starting to get a bit miffed at you all getting yours. GW site still says my order is being processed.

alexh
03-09-2009, 11:06
Well, the postie's just been and brought me................. a Sky bill and a bank statement for the wife. Here's hoping a shiny red parcelforce van will pull up outside this afternoon.

DarthSte
03-09-2009, 11:11
Well, the postie's just been and brought me................. a Sky bill and a bank statement for the wife. Here's hoping a shiny red parcelforce van will pull up outside this afternoon.

UK deliveries seem to be coming from UPS. Look for a brown van!

Leeman Russ
03-09-2009, 11:18
My friend received his from UPS but mine was delivered by Royal Mail. Curious, as we only live about 2 miles apart.

The Phazer
03-09-2009, 11:26
Mine (from the GW website) was via Royal Mail. Sod came up to the house, put the card through the door and never even knocked to see if anyone was in (my wife was). I had to go and pick it up from the post office this morning.

Phazer

Jedi152
03-09-2009, 11:37
Double check the card. They usually say 48 before you can pick up...

Souleater
03-09-2009, 12:04
Royal Mail have some great staff and some very lazy ones.

I used to have a posty who didn't even bother to leave a card. I just got into the habit of going to the post office to check for deliveries.

The Phazer
03-09-2009, 12:50
Double check the card. They usually say 48 before you can pick up...

Said that on my card but it was there.

They've probably made sure everything is back at the depot given they're going on strike tonight.

Phazer

Count Zero
03-09-2009, 13:14
i've had no 'red card' but been told mine is waiting at the local depot and if i get time from work can pop up and collect it.

Wickey the Viking
03-09-2009, 13:34
The doorbell rang about an hour ago... The UPS-guy finally delivered.
Nice... Space Hulk made it overseas to Holland, that means mine will be ariving soon too...

*EDIT: And half an hour after posting, there is the UPS guy on my doorstep!!*

mrt181
03-09-2009, 14:08
mine arrived today. i live in Germany

Grimmeth
03-09-2009, 14:15
Not showed up as yet - getting a bit worried as UPS have a nasty habit of just leaving parcels outside the front door of my flat - luckily last time my next door neighbour noticed and grabbed it for me but still...

The Clairvoyant
03-09-2009, 14:38
mine came via Royal Mail today.
I had it delivered to work as i knew i wouldn't be at home when it arrived, thereby saving me the trek to the post office.

Now i'm just waiting for 5pm so i can take it home!

Phantomworks
03-09-2009, 14:42
just got mine delivered here at work... yipee..! I am in Dublin, Ireland.

Mad_Max
03-09-2009, 15:01
bougth mine yeasturday at the local shop

Lord Malorne
03-09-2009, 15:07
Bloody hell, anyone in the north west of the UK get theirs yet?

azraelezekiel
03-09-2009, 15:08
Mine has arrived and it is great.
If GW made more box games like this they would see an increase in turnover easily.
The quality of the components is the best I have ever seen in a borad game.
Heres hoping to a few more oldies being given this treatment (ASQ & AHQ)

Jedi152
03-09-2009, 18:19
Bah! The mrs missed teh 7 o clock closing time for the depot, so my copy stays sat in their warehouse until tomorrow, when i get to walk an hour out of my way and carry a 4 kilo box home on the bus.

That's if it's even open because of the strike. If i miss tomorrow i'm away until monday.

Abaddonshand
03-09-2009, 20:38
Mine arrived around 2ish today - Glasgow area, UK, delivered by RM or PF IIRC.

AndrewGPaul
03-09-2009, 20:55
Mine arrives yesterday, delivered by UPS. Also in Glasgow.

Trogdor
03-09-2009, 21:07
My copy was delivered yesterday - I'm officially a happy little monkey. Was anyone else also rather impressed with the doody little mini catalogue that came with it?

Goblin Gonads
03-09-2009, 21:36
Got mine in here in the UK yesterday. Mmmmmmm nice. Can't fault the quality of the components. Spent most of the evening puting stealers and terminators together, they look even better than they do in the pictures!

Temprus
03-09-2009, 21:58
Bah! The mrs missed teh 7 o clock closing time for the depot, so my copy stays sat in their warehouse until tomorrow, when i get to walk an hour out of my way and carry a 4 kilo box home on the bus.

That's if it's even open because of the strike. If i miss tomorrow i'm away until monday.I feel your pain. I never should have post in this thread yesterday. FedEx found a new wait to "screw" me with a delivery, have a truck break down. :cries: Now I get to walk over to the PO Box, pick it up, walk a ways with it, wait for a bus, lug it 1/2 mile more before I get home, instead of having it ride home with me last night. Thankfully I know it is at the PO Box this time, unlike last night when I tried waiting for it. :p

neXus6
03-09-2009, 22:09
Mine was at my house (east scotland) at 12:15pm yesterday, but sadly I wasn't.

Picked it up from the depot this afternoon.
:D

snottlebocket
03-09-2009, 22:20
Did anyone else order from Maelstrom? I haven't even received my 'its been shipped' notice yet, it still says processing which means there's no way I'll get my copy on the 5th. My maelstrom shipments usually take between 5 and 10 days from the day they tell me it's been shipped. which means I'll get my preorder about a week or two late.

starlight
03-09-2009, 22:23
Such is life when we order from our FLGS/FLDS...support the local guy, get it late. :(

However, I have so many other things on the go right now, I'm thinking it's a good thing. :D

OrlyggJafnakol
04-09-2009, 07:04
Thanks to my wife I got my hands on my copy yesterday. Arrived home from work to find the red leaflet pushed through the door. She raced me down to the post office before it shut. The joys of marriage! Opened up the box and was blown away by the quality of everything. I am a little reluctant to even push the card items out let alone cut off the sprues. Going to spend my Saturday working on them hopefully.

I think this release is the greatest thing that GW have put out since 1990s Slaves to Darkness!

BaronVonSnakPak
04-09-2009, 07:31
got home from work around 10, found the box waiting for me on my back steps, and have been cutting and assembling all night.

broken record: the quality is amazing, every terminator is dynamic. my favorites are claudio and gideon.

Jedi152
04-09-2009, 07:37
Still haven't got mine. I'm walking to the Post Office tonight along with Temprus!

Anyone know if the Post Office strike affects collection depots?

DarthSte
04-09-2009, 07:41
Was anyone else also rather impressed with the doody little mini catalogue that came with it?

I didn't get a catalogue... What was in it?

alexh
04-09-2009, 07:47
The sneaky parcelforce man must have waited at the bottom of my street as he arrived as soon as I went out yesterday afternoon. I'm officially no longer miffed.

Souleater
04-09-2009, 10:26
My FLGS guy has just phoned to tell me that his order has been delayed until monday.

The GW rep he spoke to said some copies being sent out in the UK are in Spanish and having to be recalled. Truth or cover up? :D

pookie
04-09-2009, 10:57
Still haven't got mine. I'm walking to the Post Office tonight along with Temprus!

Anyone know if the Post Office strike affects collection depots?

no idea, but trust me, its going to be the best 4KG item you ever have to carry ( well until you have a kid(s) that is - if you do :)).

** Congrats btw to you and the New Mrs Jedi152*

Znail
04-09-2009, 11:15
I will get mine on monday thanx to GW using the crappy UPS to deliver the package. I wish they had used the normal postal service instead as they are faster.

dahli.llama
04-09-2009, 14:19
My cousin will be dropping my copy off for me today after work. I can't wait. The assembly will probably have to wait until tomorrow, though, since I have social obligations tonight.

Covering Fire
04-09-2009, 15:31
Looks like the Hulk has landed in Sweden as well! Got mine today! I'll dive into the box right after I've finished writing this post:D

ReaperOfSouls
04-09-2009, 17:52
Looks like the Hulk has landed in Sweden as well! Got mine today! I'ill dive into the box right after I've finished writing this post:D

Now I am jealous. i have got no information about my order still and it seems i will not get it at all before the weekend as it stands. What company do GW use for shipping to sweden? Have tried all the pages I could think of and no luck. Or am I mistaken in assuming that the "Standard Shipping Id" stated on my order page is a tracking number?

Temprus
04-09-2009, 19:37
Still haven't got mine. I'm walking to the Post Office tonight along with Temprus!I lucked out, my roommate came back to work last night, so I was late getting home but did not have to deal with lugging it around. Though after I picked it up, it did not feel like it was that heavy or would have been too much trouble on the bus route I would have had to take.

For 3 or 4 of the Terminators, the upper and lower sections of the Crux are smooth blanks. :( After looking at the pics on the GW site and the latest White Dwarf, it looks like the sample ones painted up are the same way, someone just painted them to almost look like a normal Crux.

Covering Fire
04-09-2009, 19:39
What company do GW use for shipping to sweden?

Mine was delivered by Jetpak (http://www.jetpak.se/Pages/Startsida.aspx)

I've been rummaging through the box for an hour or so now, and it's a real beauty of a game.:) The level of detail on the miniatures is just awesome! Good one GW!

Hicks
04-09-2009, 19:40
I just got mine today, I have to go pick it up a my parent's house tonight. Just when I'm starting to work on my Death Guard again, now I don't know if I'll be able to resist trying out the game tonight.

Znail
04-09-2009, 20:54
Mine was delivered by Jetpak (http://www.jetpak.se/Pages/Startsida.aspx)

I've been rummaging through the box for an hour or so now, and it's a real beauty of a game.:) The level of detail on the miniatures is just awesome! Good one GW!

Lol, checked their site and prices was pretty nuts. Why doesnt GW not just send by mail? It must cost them quite alot to ship by delivery service.

ReaperOfSouls
04-09-2009, 21:29
Lol, checked their site and prices was pretty nuts. Why doesnt GW not just send by mail? It must cost them quite alot to ship by delivery service.

Agreed. All I want is a nice tracking number to follow the order and a mail/sms to tell me to go pick it up when it arrives. Not some delivery people who comes when I am not at home...

grimcrazy
04-09-2009, 21:40
Got mine! so releaved.

the local store only got half what they ordered but luckly my name was high on the order list :)

Trogdor
04-09-2009, 21:43
I didn't get a catalogue... What was in it?

It's an A5 Mail Order catalogue showing all of the collectors/classic and bitz range available at the mo. Notably lacking ANY pricing info, of course, but handy to have none the less.

Orric
04-09-2009, 22:46
bleary eyed I was roused from my slumber, was that a gentle rapping, tapping at my door?

flying down the stair slipping into my underwear I spied the postie leaving.

flinging open the door waving shouting wait a little more,

around he turned large box in hand, oh it was grand

it was time for space hulk to finally land.

dreamwarder
04-09-2009, 23:33
In your underwear??... dude...

I hope for your postie's sake you're a chick...

goroul
04-09-2009, 23:50
bleary eyed I was roused from my slumber, was that a gentle rapping, tapping at my door?

flying down the stair slipping into my underwear I spied the postie leaving.

flinging open the door waving shouting wait a little more,

around he turned large box in hand, oh it was grand

it was time for space hulk to finally land.

And with 3rd ed. Space Hulk still I'm playing, still Im playing,
On the table that I paint at, just inside my bedroom door
And the stealers are all stealing and marines are all marining
As the sun-light o'er me streaming fades and is no more
And I expect that with the morning I will be quite sure,
I'll be playing Space Hulk- Evermore!

Grumblebelly
05-09-2009, 00:15
Anyone know who is delivering it in Canada? No sign of it yet here in Vancouver :(

If its Canada post I guess its gonna be next tuesday before we get it Sep 8th

Champer Master Zavian
05-09-2009, 00:27
Mine just came today. I'm holding off on opening it though because I have company over tonight. I hate timing :( .

GrogsnotPowwabomba
05-09-2009, 00:58
Ok, seeing how many of you already have this, I will never have product shipped to a GW store again. This is so stupid, because the store has the item, I've already paid for it, but I have to wait until Sep 5 because that is the release date, even though so many of you have it early because you had it shipped direct to your home.

Lame...

dahli.llama
05-09-2009, 01:50
I got mine. My local store only had 5 copies, but that was expected and I was #4.

I have a pic of the contents on my blog (in sig).

I am very impressed with what I have so far.

Agatheron
05-09-2009, 03:23
Anyone know who is delivering it in Canada? No sign of it yet here in Vancouver :(

If its Canada post I guess its gonna be next tuesday before we get it Sep 8th

I'm in Ontario. Mine arrived Tuesday evening by UPS.

I am most impressed with the box... more than makes up for the fact that I never bought it when I had the chance in 1989. :)

Christine
05-09-2009, 09:46
Mine still isn't here yet come on damn you postman!

Zenithfleet
05-09-2009, 10:55
Ok, seeing how many of you already have this, I will never have product shipped to a GW store again. This is so stupid, because the store has the item, I've already paid for it, but I have to wait until Sep 5 because that is the release date, even though so many of you have it early because you had it shipped direct to your home.

Lame...

Same thing happened to me last night. Dropped in to the store on my way home from work, but the staff wouldn't give me the thing. Had to go back in to the store today to get it. :rolleyes:

Still, it's here and I'm chuffed :D

I found a bit of damage on one of the counter sheets--somehow the stamp machine thingy had stamped an aquila-shaped indentation across two of the flamer counters and ripped the cardboard. :wtf:

Was all set to go back into GW in a huff and demand they give me some replacement flamer circles. Then realised the damage was on the non-debossed side of the counters and I'd never have that side face-up on the board anyway.

Narrow escape... could have made *another* hour-long bus trip only to be told "use the other side, duh". :angel:

doghouse
05-09-2009, 11:17
Just found out that the postman tried to deliver mine on wednesday (lousey dog chewing up card...mutter...grumble...) but it's been redelivered on monday.

dreamwarder
05-09-2009, 13:30
still not got mine. Any way we can get hold of tracking numbers?

kyussinchains
05-09-2009, 13:32
I went to my local GW yesterday to see what the fuss was about (not been into GW for a few months as I've been working on bringing up my new baby...) and they told me that I'd need to turn up today if I wanted to buy one, they said they were expecting it to sell out fast (apparently mail order oversold them and had to recall 700 copies from stores)

they said they were opening at 10am, but if you bought a copy of white dwarf they would let you in at 9....

so I arrive at 9:05, wade through the crowd of kiddies outside the shop, flash my white dwarf (a total waste of 4.50 I might add) and join the queue inside, one guy ahead of me drops 600 on ten copies of the game and needs two staffers to help him to his car, I overhear one of them saying that the marines are going for a tenner each on ebay right now.

At 9:17, they decide to let the non white dwarf buyers in, which annoyed me no end, I was actually tempted to return my copy as I had the reciept on me...

I just wonder why GW don't limit people to 1-3 copies each?? there were loads of kids outside who had probably saved up pocket and paper round money to buy a copy of a great game, and this bloke bought a bunch of them, meaning less kids get to enjoy it, and he gets to rip people off and make a profit......I found it quite offensive personally.....

but I've got it, along with the obligatory case of buyers remorse, but I'm really looking forward to playing this classic game again!

Chiron
05-09-2009, 21:54
Lovely game and my only critiscim is that getting the models off the sprues is damn hard, especially for non-gamers unused to them (a lot of nostalgic buyers out there)

For those moaning about GW, a few people walked happily away with there copies from GW yesterday so I dont think the stores are all applying the silly "wait till the 5th or gtfo" policy

Jedi152
07-09-2009, 07:26
so I arrive at 9:05, wade through the crowd of kiddies outside the shop, flash my white dwarf (a total waste of 4.50 I might add) and join the queue inside, one guy ahead of me drops 600 on ten copies of the game and needs two staffers to help him to his car, I overhear one of them saying that the marines are going for a tenner each on ebay right now.
Write a letter of complaint to head office along with the store name and staff who sold it to them. If you don't want to, give me the details and i gladly will. I'll address the letter to Kirby himself. If they'd let me, i'd deliver it in person to his office.

This incenses me no end, especially since the person is clearly scalping copies to make a quick eBay profit. It happens at GD all the time.

People buying an extra copy for a friend or to keep sealed is one thing, but no one buys 10 copies of Space Hulk or 20 Marine Codeces without being greedy and happily shafting over his fellow gamers for a quick buck.

KroSha
07-09-2009, 12:26
When I was there, TK wasn't in the office that much; he usually worked from home.

pookie
07-09-2009, 13:47
Write a letter of complaint to head office along with the store name and staff who sold it to them. If you don't want to, give me the details and i gladly will. I'll address the letter to Kirby himself. If they'd let me, i'd deliver it in person to his office.

This incenses me no end, especially since the person is clearly scalping copies to make a quick eBay profit. It happens at GD all the time.

People buying an extra copy for a friend or to keep sealed is one thing, but no one buys 10 copies of Space Hulk or 20 Marine Codeces without being greedy and happily shafting over his fellow gamers for a quick buck.

here here! stick my name on there two! cant do with people like that, who will end up being the ones who ruin the Hobby.

starlight
09-09-2009, 03:21

Ditto. 1-3 copies on Release Day is about the limit, come back tomorrow if there are any left.:p I bought three, they're all for me and the guys who will play Mega Space Hulk in my hobby room. eBay can get stuffed. :p

Now if only they would get here...:(

DarthSte
14-09-2009, 15:00
Add my name if you want to! PM me for personal details!! Shall we write a petition?

Jedi152
14-09-2009, 15:23
If i had names and places, i'd write. Sadly, hearsay and internet rumours aren't likely to get anywhere. :(

Archaon
15-09-2009, 01:14
Got mine last thursday (10th September.. long story and told in the "You still don't have it? - thread).

It is a heavy piece and chock full.. the card board parts feel very high quality and quite thick. I hope they don't warp over time but with the thickness there shouldn't be a problem if you don't store it in a damp area.

The miniatures.. wow. The Terminators are the best plastic miniatures i've ever seen from GW. Dynamic, extremely detailed (i love some of the battle damage to the suits.. deep cuts from claws and one has damage that looks as if it comes from acid.. awesome).

Since i've only assembled the Terminators by now (and quite a task if you remove all flash lines) i can only judge them but the Genestealers look equally good.

Definitely well worth the high price and a very good boardgame from the looks of it.

starlight
16-09-2009, 05:36
If i had names and places, i'd write. Sadly, hearsay and internet rumours aren't likely to get anywhere. :(

That's what PMs are for. :D