PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Sounboard Free Download

BeastsofWar
02-09-2009, 08:43
Beasts of War is proud to present the Deep Space Assault Console!
Download: http://www.beastsofwar.com/dsac/
Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7oUVlJ3E4

Well we promised you guys freebies and here's the first of them :o)

Its a free to download sound generator that we have created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Space Hulk.

We hope it will enhance your enjoyment of the game, setting the mood perfectly with its creepy background track and the outstanding event effects not to mention just how cool looking it is.

All you need to do is visit this link: http://www.beastsofwar.com/dsac/
Happy gaming
Beasts of War team

Mojaco
02-09-2009, 13:59
That's pretty awesome. I'm unlikely to sit next to a computer when playing this game, but the idea is cool.

BlackLegion
02-09-2009, 14:21
Hmmm started it, the screen turned black, i heard some noises but nothing else. Any ideas what is wrong?

childofnurgle
02-09-2009, 14:35
This is so cool!!!

Loving it, i`m such a geek...........

Usagi3
02-09-2009, 15:13
Pretty cool.

Deamon-forge
02-09-2009, 15:22
working ok for me

mrt181
02-09-2009, 15:30
why does the software try to send a message to winlogon.exe, ctfmon.exe, explorer.exe and tries to get access to the RPC Control\DNS Resolver service on Windows XP after i end the soundboard?

I have blocked all of this and the program still works.

Otherwise it is awesome. do you have any plans on making a iphone and android app of this?

mrt181
02-09-2009, 15:31
Hmmm started it, the screen turned black, i heard some noises but nothing else. Any ideas what is wrong?

it is a flash app. maybe you need to install the newest flash player version.

rkunisch
02-09-2009, 15:45
Are you using Vista? I have the same problem. It runs without problem on XP, though. You can set the application to XP compatibility mode and should be able to use it then.

Have fun,

Rolf.

BeastsofWar
02-09-2009, 16:13
why does the software try to send a message to winlogon.exe, ctfmon.exe, explorer.exe and tries to get access to the RPC Control\DNS Resolver service on Windows XP after i end the soundboard?

I have blocked all of this and the program still works.

Otherwise it is awesome. do you have any plans on making a iphone and android app of this?

Hi Mrt181

The app will work just fine without a connection, we have built in a little bit of future proofing to allow us to send an update that would be displayed in the little screen.

Bear in mind it is a flash app so we are limited to whats possible within the realms of flash, so the app has no access to your hardware and cannot install anything.

Thanks for the techie question :)

Warren - Beasts of War Team

mrt181
02-09-2009, 16:22
Cool and good to know.

i was burned in the past so i am a little suspicious, nothing personal.

Have you thought of a version for mobile devices? Imagine playing space hulk and activating the sounds through your android or iphone handset :), like one of those cheesy dvd boardgames

childofnurgle
02-09-2009, 16:26
I`d love an Ipod touch/Iphone version, gives me an excuse to bug the hell out of my girlfriend........

Znail
02-09-2009, 19:29
If its made in flash, then it shouldnt be too hard to adapt to windows mobile and other handheld OS.

BlackLegion
02-09-2009, 21:11
Yes i have Vista. Installed the latest flashplayer. Still doesn't work properly. :(

Dangersaurus
02-09-2009, 22:32
I think my favorite part is after signing up for the spam, I get all the advertising before and after cool graphic thing with the stock sound clips. It's a bonus that it tries to access system resources like a piece of adware. Hopefully there will be more ads on the way.

szlachcic
03-09-2009, 03:00
Any way to get these noises as individual sound files?

kliffmaster
03-09-2009, 09:26
i've seen the video and it's a great job but if i can notice, a timer will be great add-on with sound olarm at the end ...:evilgrin:
unlikely mine don't work, i've got the screen spilt in two, dark...:confused:
i've got the latest version of adobe flash so it's not a version problem.

BlastmasterJ
03-09-2009, 17:10
I dont have an iphone but i whole heartedly agree, this with a 3min timer on it would be amazing for any handheld device!
PLEASE MAKE ONE!
Or at least PLEASE ADD A TIMER TO IT!

IAMNOTHERE
03-09-2009, 20:31
Can anyone tell me how to get this to run in a window? Currently it just maxes out on my screen and only shuts up if I turn it off.

kendoka
03-09-2009, 22:34
Amazing product!

Great looking application with good sound effects
(although it would be nice to have more sound options in a future release - especially beefier guns/explosions, death screams, klaxon alarms, scanner-blip sounds and creepy sounds like in classic computer game Alien Breed SE 1992 - perhaps even with an option to add your own custom sounds to a few extra buttons).

[Tested on MacBook Pro, OS10.5.7]

A static (no Flash) web page with the same functionality, please
- for the zillions of iPhones... (or a $1.99 app through appstore).

WildAnimal
04-09-2009, 05:18
Someone make a Space Hulk Soundtrack?