PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk 3E Tileset

Pages : 1 [2]

CRasterImage
03-12-2009, 06:49
Thanks grg3d! But also thank a guy named Robert Corn. He has stepped up to the plate and generated some photos of figures. I will soon be able to release them as an add-on.

Surrounded
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8308/37364862.jpg

grg3d
03-12-2009, 15:27
Ok its offical I have lost my mind
Wow!!! thats nice :eek:

jamesmhebert
03-12-2009, 16:55
Nice!?!

CRasterImage, that's freaking awesome!

I doff my Space Marine Helmet to you.:D

J

40kbolter
03-12-2009, 21:57
CRasterimage you are the man cant wait for the release!

ecurtz
03-12-2009, 23:49
Excellent. Can't wait.

The scale between the Genestealer and the Marines seems just slightly off though.

CRasterImage
04-12-2009, 00:17
Ah, ya. The genestealer is a smidge smaller than he should be.
Thanks, I will tweak it.

AndrewGPaul
04-12-2009, 08:29
You could cut out the bases of the Terminators, but that's just being a bit fiddly. It might also be worth making all the miniatures smaller than they should be, so they don't overlap the bases too much (I'm thinking of the lightning claw Marine and the 'stealer's arms).

CRasterImage
04-12-2009, 09:18
Originally, I was going to leave the bases out. But I waffled. Part of me thinks of them as legitimit parts of the sculpts and part of me thinks of them as unnecessary bits.

Leaving them in is where I am at the moment. Except for the genestealer. His base was offset in a distracting way, so I erased it.

I do agree with the scale. So I think I may offer two variations. One with "true scale" and one with an "optimized scale". Which would be about 75% or 80% smaller than true scale.

Offering two versions of stuff always ends up being a headache. But I can see a case made for both scales.

ecurtz
04-12-2009, 17:25
Has anybody made a complete set of the boards for use in mission reports?

I've done mission 8 for my Librarian rules testing and would be willing to do another board or two if someone wanted to collect them.

Seems like this would be kosher, since the maps are pretty useless without the mission rules.

mnemnoch
09-12-2009, 22:54
If I want to make tiles by myself, is it possible to create the glow effect with gimp or do i have to copypaste it?

CRasterImage
09-12-2009, 22:59
pretty much just copy-paste. I copy-paste the jigsaw bits too. For consistancy.

AndrewGPaul
10-12-2009, 01:45
Does the latest version 3.0.6 include the Terminator and Genestealer miniatures pics?

CRasterImage
10-12-2009, 03:27
Gah. No. My computer died last week and I now have the new one up and running. All I have to do left is Broodlord, marine on a throne, Gobblet thingie and the C.A.T. figure.

In the meantime, I would welcome thoughts on other things needed.

Like, would we need a token to represent "This figure has been hit/shot"?

I have indicators for flamed section, overwatch, jammed and guard mode.

[edit] Maybe I shoudl just release what I have so far and that might give people something to play with while they consider what is really needed?

CRasterImage
10-12-2009, 03:50
Also, there was the idea of having small versions.

What is a good scale?
In this sample, I have the normal size on top and 75% sized on bottom.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6088/65837831.png

Znail
10-12-2009, 07:33
Those two scales looks good to me. I dont think much smaller then the 75% would look good. Maybe 67% (2/3) at the smallest. The images looks great too :cool:

Teufelskerl
10-12-2009, 07:36
CRI, I think you can embiggen the reduced scale up to at least 80%, possibly more. I certainly don't think it needs to go less than 75%. Given the choice, I would love to have the option of either full scale or 80% reduced.

Frederich

AndrewGPaul
10-12-2009, 08:10
Can you show us those same pictures, but with all the Marines turned 90 degrees? As it is, none of the Marines overlap when they're in line like that, so it's hard to see if there's any problems.

Hellfury
10-12-2009, 15:33
I like the 75% scale the best. When displayed on the board there will be no confusion as to what space that they occupy.

CRasterImage
10-12-2009, 16:59
Ok, here are several scales

100%:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4674/100mg.png

75%:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9585/93875748.png

66%:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3885/24386963.png

50%:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4549/94869352.png

fiore hellheart
10-12-2009, 17:11
AS far as my opinion goes 75% is the best, its this size that fits the size most easily and i think it looks best. 50% is far too small aswel.

ecurtz
10-12-2009, 17:54
Another 75% vote from me.

AndrewGPaul
10-12-2009, 18:46
Yeah, 75% looks fine to me.

CRasterImage
10-12-2009, 19:09
Ok, there here is what I have so far.

Normal size:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1694147/figures_beta.zip

Smaller size: (75%)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1694147/figures_beta_small.zip

Just unzip them into the SpaceHulk3E subdirectory under the tilesystem program. A couple of the files will overwrite existing ones.
(this is all assuming you have the latest version I posted a week or so ago)

With this, we can think of what else is needed.

mnemnoch
12-12-2009, 04:15
Wow, really nice!

40kbolter
12-12-2009, 05:13
CRasterImage you are a legend unbelievable work!

i would love to see the following

1. blips with there conversion numbers.
2. Tokens. Barrier Counter, Power Field Generaters damaged & undamaged.
3. action markers to show shotting & melee. plus action markers for the genestealers to show that there attacking.
4. unconscious space marines, as needed for mission VI "Alarm Call" page 20 for the mission book.

besides the tokens your working on this would be a just about complete PRO! Battle report! :)

please keep us up to date CRaster thanks

- Deathwing -
12-12-2009, 11:08
CRasterImage you are a legend unbelievable work!

qft

I added the 75% scale models and tried it in the map generator. The 75% scale fits perfectly, especially if you take a Terminator with heavy weapon ( ie Assault cannon ). If you take the normal size, the model in the next square will be overlaid.

Znail
13-12-2009, 01:08
Yeah, the crowded pics was rather telling, The 75% one was the easiest one to see wich Terminators are where. The 100% was to overlapped and the others too small. You could still see if you looked close, but it was easiest with 75%.

The countdown has started for the first illustrated battlereport with the new models :)

CRasterImage
13-12-2009, 07:57
If you take the normal size, the model in the next square will be overlaid.

Yup. They tend to put weapons, elbows and toes into neighboring spaces. But that is the actual scale of the figures. At least, as I was able to calculate.

2. tokens for the librarian,Force Barrier Counter

Agreed. If anyone has some artowrk for the force barrier, I am game to see it.

Ladders up & down

I think we have that. Unless I am missunderstanding you.

, Power Field Generaters damaged & undamaged.

If anyone has some artwork, I am listening.

4. action markers to show shotting & melee

What about this for Genestealer being shot:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/9639/97898407.png

5. unconscious space marines

Artwork would be appriciated, Heck, dead Genestealer artwork would be cool too.

40kbolter
13-12-2009, 17:24
CRasterImage opps your right about the ladder i over looked it, its in the Tile System
already and i did a edit on my post.

as for the genestealer art to show a action shot, that would work just fine. i wonder what other peaple think about it.

and i agree 100% that the 75% scale would be best to use on your next ver. update.

thanks again for keeping us all here up to date.

CRasterImage
13-12-2009, 19:20
Ok, I added the Broodlord, the Throne Corpse and the C.A.T.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1694147/figures_beta_2.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1694147/figures_beta_2_small.zip

40kbolter, I think the bolter-exploding genestealer is a step in the right direction.
But not perfect.

If anyone wants to goof around in photoshop and invent some effects graphics, jump in.
I know there are some good artists out there.

Keep in mind that the effects should be separate from the figures.
Like layers, they can be placed on top of, or underneath the figure art.

fiore hellheart
13-12-2009, 22:51
Well, i was thinking that insted of your the general blood splattered all around the model, you should do some sinlge blood spurts or bullet trace lines, then you could put multiples to show the number of shots fired. Also i belive that for the libby things you should be able to find the game characters on those sheets that somebody scanned. Same ones you made these tiles out of acutally. Then they will look the same. Otherwise i suppose you could do a general cloudy style pattern in white and make it colourable to show multiple different powers. Save pople numbereing them if they do a battle repot ect.

CRasterImage
14-12-2009, 20:06
How about this as the "genestealer is shot" effect:
(large and small variants)
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9315/boome.png

AndrewGPaul
14-12-2009, 22:38
That seems OK, although I'd make the 'explosion' a bit more obvious.

40kbolter
14-12-2009, 22:53
hmm... will its a shot showing a effect of bleeding from the shot, not a explosion.
imo it looks GREAT! :)

but like AndrewGPaul kind of said, needs more blood like it shows on the 100% scale vs the 75% ^_^

Kinkomaster
15-12-2009, 19:26
Hi guys! I know that I'm new and chiming in, but this program is like candy to me, and if I were to build an alter to Space Hulk on my website, this program would be the "book" that rested upon it. Enuff of the stroking. Seriously, CRasterImage... beyond awesome job. I bow to your accomplishment.

I would have to fall on the side of fiore hellheart on this one... I don't think a ton of gore or blood is needed to show a shot 'Stealer. I simple entry "splatter" and then the exit wound. If there is a need for the exit wound to spew blood out like a Tanentino movie, well, so be it. I have a simple question which might make things interesting. Why does the blood have to be red? They are "tied" to the Void, so you could say they have just about any color blood... even black. If we are doing it in red in order to use it with the Marines also... then I retract my question to keep things simple.

40kbolter
15-12-2009, 21:24
aye Kinkomaster and welcome, CRasterImage is the man and i give total props for his work.

Medic
27-12-2009, 22:26
Thxs for the amasing project :) To change the subject a bit, is there a tile set for advanced heroquest at all?:confused:

Kinkomaster
29-12-2009, 14:06
Do you know that there is a program for Heroquest out there that is fan made? If I remember correctly without opening it up, it has all of the quests... including the advanced ones... and a ton of user content. There are a couple things that haven't been fixed as of the last time that I've been on the site, such as; disarming traps and casting magic, but if you want to run around and thump things... it'll work!! Plus it uses LOS rules, so you only see what the characters would see.

Medic
29-12-2009, 14:23
Do u mean heroscribe? if so i have that and it only supports heroquest. Advanced Heroquest is tile based like space hulk.

Kinkomaster
29-12-2009, 16:15
Nope... looked that over and had no interest in it. No this is an actual game. Here is the site. http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/ I was going to put the program on my site's resource page, but I just haven't gotten to it yet with the holidays and all.

Kinkomaster
29-12-2009, 19:11
I guess the post I sent in before this is in moderator limbo, so I'll repost...

Nope... don't mean heroscribe. Saw it... didn't really interest me. We don't play it that often to need to use it. I have an Excel sheet that can get me by if I need to. No, what I'm talking about is an actual PC Game by Gerwin Broers. It's a beta, and you can get it on his homepage. Despite its shortcomings, it is quite a fun game... altho it can get frustrating from time to time. I think I found another game, but I have really looked into it yet, so I don't feel comfortable pointing you at it unless I've cracked it open and made sure it's kewl. :)

jamesmhebert
05-01-2010, 13:08
I'd like to add my 2 cents here... I'm not a big fan of blood splatters and gore. If you add this to the program, can its use be optional?

I don't want to take the idea away from people who likes it, but I don't have any interest in looking at it. If it's not a hassle, making it an option would be awesome. Thanks for letting me voice that opinion.

On a mostly-unrelated-but-somewhat-related tack, I am also a fan of the FFG game Tide of Iron (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=8&enmi=Tide%20Of%20Iron), a WWII wargame with several expansions. Would it be possible to use TileSystem to generate maps (and ultimately, scenarios) for Tide of Iron? Tide's maps are rectangular, with a hex pattern overlay printed on them, and "hex pieces" that can be used to modify the layout further. Would TileSystem would need code to support hexes?

There was a Tide scenario/map editor a few years ago, but development halted and it does not allow for expansions to be added to it, so it's a dead thing. Someone on FFG's forum was asking about coding a new editor, and that made me think of TileSystem... I wondered if it could be used in that way.

James

CRasterImage
05-01-2010, 22:03
You are not the first person to ask for hexoganal snap for position and rotation.
I have experimented a bit today and it seems feasible.

CRasterImage
06-01-2010, 07:11
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4148/26310104.png

jamesmhebert
06-01-2010, 16:26
Hey, that's pretty cool--and fast.

And exciting!

I picked up most of the Tide of Iron expansions (finally!) this December and would be glad to provide scans if it will help to work with the pieces and parts from the actual game.

TOI uses pre-printed boards with artwork and a hex overlay that you lay out in different arrangements for the base terrain (I think they're something like 8x10, but I'll measure them to be sure), plus hex tiles as terrain modifiers, and of course all manner of bits and such.

Let me know if I can provide anything, and if there's a preferred resolution to work with.

Man, your work on this program really is impressive. Thank you again for giving it consideration.

James

James

Kinkomaster
06-01-2010, 16:50
Dang, CRasterImage... you have created a monster, you realize this, right? It is only a matter of time for a Mechwarrior to roll in here and mention the compatibility it would have with the Battletech game system...

Maybe I can give a suggestion for the terrain tiles. Maybe you could borrow them from an old game editor like a golf game... (like Jack Nickolas 5) or a turn based combat game with an editor. If I remember correctly, their tiles were usually gifs, but I don't know what you need for your tile sets... right off the top of my head (without cracking the folder open). I'm only giving the suggestion if you plan on setting up a tile set... not asking for one. You've made the masterpiece that I'm looking for! :)

CRasterImage
07-01-2010, 18:06
@james I sent you a PM. We probably shouldn't clutter up a Space Hulk forum with Tide of Iron stuff.

@Kinko Ya, my first thought was Battletech.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9927/btech.png

I have been googling textures and I have found a few.

Kinkomaster
07-01-2010, 18:56
Need any help? One of my specialties is internet searching. :D I have a knack for find just about anything. Tell me the format...

CRasterImage
07-01-2010, 19:41
Sure! Just message me with links to stuff you find. Including Mech images.

HaunterV
12-01-2010, 12:09
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4148/26310104.png

noice! first thought is planetary assault layout saving and note taking, since not everyone can have a mass of planetary tiles laying about until a month long campaign wraps up

Nope... looked that over and had no interest in it. No this is an actual game. Here is the site. http://members.quicknet.nl/lm.broers/ I was going to put the program on my site's resource page, but I just haven't gotten to it yet with the holidays and all.

I love you for reminding me of that. Lost it in an HDD crash 2 years ago.

Kinkomaster
13-01-2010, 14:00
Did you find it ok? Actually... I found another one that is in isometric. VERY kewl, but the number of missions is severely limited to what is in the American set.

HaunterV
19-01-2010, 01:17
Did you find it ok? Actually... I found another one that is in isometric. VERY kewl, but the number of missions is severely limited to what is in the American set.

yeah been playing it. pretty cool.

wilsongrahams
26-02-2010, 19:10
Very useful, I can now print out maps for my travel space hulk and have them look just like the full sized version.

I thought some of you may like my versions of these two missions from the PC game.

nedius
27-02-2010, 10:42
Did you make the 'grand hall' one yourself?

I'm making a full campaign for the PC game for 1 set, 2 set and unlimited sets of Space Hulk. Would love a copy of the grand hall...

wilsongrahams
28-02-2010, 11:23
Grand Hall is from Solo Missions/Famous Missions/Amael in the PC game Space Hulk: Vengeance of the blood angels. All I did was draw some of the map out, then open paint and edit to make the wide chamber as it is in the game. It's a fun mission.

I've played it a few times, and it can get pretty hairy as you can barely get into the hall before the stealers are upon you, and then you have to get into the end room in single file whilst very close to the entry areas so there isn't much time for those overwatch shots. The middle part of the mission is easy with all those bolters firing. Just save the heavy weapons til a bit later.

I printed it out and just stuck the pages together for my map.

nedius
28-02-2010, 19:04
I remember the mission, I have both the original and VotBAs!

If you'd made the tile, so that it worked in tilesystem, I was going to ask for it! :)

wilsongrahams
01-03-2010, 06:38
Unfortunately I don't know how to do that. I wanted to have a look though because I also want to make 3 sets available rather than having to count the extras I used to make the maps. If I work it out in the future I'll post it up here and let the creator know too.

AndrewGPaul
01-03-2010, 09:25
You simply need to create a .png image of the tile you want to add, and then add a reference to the appropriate .set file (probably rooms.set or something like that). To do it properly, you'll need an image processing program that can handle aplha transparency channels - something like Photoshop or Gimp should do it. Load up one of the existing room and/or corridor pieces in the SpaceHulk3e folder and fiddle with it.

The .set files are simply text files you can edit in notepad. They also tell the TileSet program how many of each piece there are; you can simply edit them to allow using more pieces.

One thing to consider on that Great Hall mission is how the flamer works - by the letter of the rules, one shot affects that entire piece!

nedius
01-03-2010, 10:52
In my campaign I've got alternative flamer rules, ones that function more like the PC game - solves that problem nicely!

I tried your method with a room I designed for the mission 'echelon of foul spawn', but I couldn't get it to align correctly. It was always slightly off it's correct placement and I had to fiddle around with the free placement option. Even then, it always seemed to shift slightly once placed! I think I messaged you about it ages ago.

wilsongrahams
01-03-2010, 11:50
Same here for the flamer - I use a 3x3 area for the main room assuming there isn't much to burn. If making proper tiles was an option I'd have divided the whole section into smaller pieces of about 3x3-4x5 etc for some edge bits.

Thanks AndrewGPaul, I'll have a look and see what I can do.

CRasterImage
20-04-2010, 00:28
Has anyone had difficulty exporting a jpeg lately in Windows7? Perhaps even Windows Vista?

nedius and I have noticed blank output.

I suspect a recent windows update included changes that have resulted in my screen-grab code to not work in OpenGL. I guess I need to research how to tell OpenGL to render to an off-screen bitmap of mine. I know it can be done, I just haven't bothered to look into it before.

AndrewGPaul
20-04-2010, 08:46
I haven't used it in a while, but I'll try to remember to give it a go and see what happens.

nedius
21-04-2010, 16:34
I found that if I tured Open GL off in the Tilesystem setings, then the jpeg will publish, at a slightly reduced quality (not a big difference, really).

AndrewGPaul
21-04-2010, 20:33
Yup, OpenGL on, blank image. With it off, I get an image, buwt with some JPEG artefacts

- Deathwing -
20-07-2010, 07:06
Also, there are states on a marine: overwatch, jammed and gaurd.

Here is what the marine looks like with the different states enabled:
Note that when marines stand next to each other, their states and elbows will overlap.
I don't think it is too big a problem. Everyone, and their state, are clear.
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/286/stateso.png

Are the different states included? As already said, this is awesome. I'd really like this to be included. Battle Reports could be done in no time.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't try the right mouse button .... (*beats himself up*)

This brings me to a question:

Have you thought about adding the tile with ammunition count? And some counters for it naturally.

How about this as the "genestealer is shot" effect:
(large and small variants)
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9315/boome.png

Looking good, but when seeing it in a smaller scale ( when looking at a complete Map ) it could be overlooked very easy. What about an explosion in the centre and something like Arms and head "flying" away?

- Deathwing -
27-07-2010, 08:52
I managed to include the console ( perhaps for some interesting when posting a battle Report ). See attached pic. Rooms are for size comparism.

The Console is a personalized version someone at Boardgamegeeks made.

I uploaded the Pic at Photobucket, so you can get it there ( it is too big to post it here ): http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/schmic1977/Console.png

I can't upload the .set file, so you'll have to do one yourself or include it in an existing file.
I had a problem creating a new file. I copied the markers.set file, deleted the parts not needed and included the console. However when opening the Generator, all deleted objects were still shown. So I included it in the Markers.set file. Works really good.

EDIT: If the guy from Boardgamegeeks sees this: If you don't want your version included here, please contact me. In that case I'll delete the file immediately.

Dj Silent Bob
27-07-2010, 09:48
This is the Ultimate!....I don't even have my copy of Space Hulk yet, and I've already created some custom missions....although they are probably fundamentally broken from the Hulk up! I will be posting them in a new thread soon, for anyone who is interested in play testing them. And maybe advising on fixes.

wiewiorwladek
13-11-2010, 12:10
How to play - Blip problem resolved

option 1:

Genestealer player genere a dice roll
He write results on sheet of paper
If he roll twice this same result he shoud re-roll the dice.
the roll indicate witch token he has taken.
then place blip on the game map.

To avoid confusion witch too many blips
he can use letters marker
So, the marine player see the blip A,B,C and so one,
but dont know how much genestealer is under them
while genestealer player can check it in his notes.

Dice
http://www.losowe.pl/liczba?dlugosc=1&min=1&max=21&unikalne=on
(change Max.)

Option 2:

Genestealer player genere a massive dice roll
with indicate queue of all token,
durning his turn he put next token
form the queue on the board .

The problem here is the player know what will be
under the next token.

BLIP SET

1ED

amount of token x genestealer under the token / dice roll

9 x 1 1-9
3 x 2 10-12
9 x 3 13-21

http://www.losowe.pl/liczba?dlugosc=21&min=1&max=21&unikalne=on

genestealer Addon

9 x 1 1-9
3 x 2 10-12
9 x 3 13-21
2 x 4 22-23
2 x 5 24-25
2 x 6 26-27

hybrids A-J

http://www.losowe.pl/liczba?dlugosc=27&min=1&max=27&unikalne=on

2ED

3 x 0 1-3
9 x 1 4-12
3 x 2 13-15
9 x 3 16-24
1 x 4 25
1 x 5 26
1 x 6 27

http://www.losowe.pl/liczba?dlugosc=27&min=1&max=27&unikalne=on

3ED

9 x 1 1-9
4 x 2 10-13
9 x 3 14-22

http://www.losowe.pl/liczba?dlugosc=22&min=1&max=22&unikalne=on

IF SOMONE SEND ME SKANED IMAGES OF BLIPS,
I CAN MAKE , FLIPABLE TOKEN TO THE TILESET.
wiewiorwladek@gmail.com

ScanMan
17-12-2010, 08:04
Is it possible to aquire the special tiles that were not included with my space hulk game? I have 3rd edition can I buy the 1st, 2nd, and expansion tiles and use them with my game?

I see that you guys generate a lot of maps with tiles I dont have and really would like to have. How do I get them for use with my game?

nedius
17-12-2010, 21:45
well, all the tile images are in the tile system in this thread. you could always print out those and mount them on card.

ScanMan
17-12-2010, 22:09
@nedius Yes but I fear a drastic difference in quality.:(

Nedius I saw a post you made that is a couple pages back about creating non copyright infringing tiles. This is essentially what im getting at. I want tangable tiles. if GamesWorkshop would make them I WOULD buy them, but it doesnt seem like they will anytime soon.

Minion236
19-12-2010, 15:20
yeah it doesn't look like GW like to do anything for the fans these days. new floor tiles, mission expansions and even new troop types would all be welcomed. what happened to hybrids such...? and to top it.... a limited run on the new space hulk? c'mon!!! i was lucky to get one before some cut-throat tout bought them by the hundreds only to sell them on ebay.

still i had to get mine from the usa cost me 90!

feck!
render unto the veterans games workshop!
reopen the specialist games range!!!!!!!

nedius
21-12-2010, 18:07
@scanman

You can make pretty descent card tiles yourself, believe me. I've seen a few tutorials, maybe even hidden here somewhere, fo making your own 'embossed' versions of some of the new tiles designed by users.

If you want your own tiles, do you want card or 3D?

zerodemon
21-12-2010, 19:26
Have used this tile set to start getting my own written missions on to my newly made Space Hulk blog. Mission One is up now. Give it a look at

http://spacehulkmissions.blogspot.com/

Seaplace
13-10-2011, 16:19
Hey, this works like a charm on my pc!!
AND is awesoem for realtime mapping during RPG sessions-
However I encountered a very odd error.

I installed first TileSystem_SpaceHulk3E_306
and then figures_beta_small

I installed it no my GFs laptop to use the HDIM port to get it on my tv.
But when I start the program it says:
" Error, could not open c:\users -- blabla - - \TileSystem_SpaceHulk3E_306\Genestealer.set" File does not exist."

-But it does, and its there. The program proceeds to open in a screen with white grid, and only the "blip" and Genestealer" tokens available.

- - so I thought I installed wrong - copied my own folder (witch works fine) into dropbox and then onto her laptop - same result.-

I opened the file FROM dropbox on my computer -and it works - then on hers - and it dont!! WFT??!

What am I missing here? Do tilesystem.exe require jave, flash or some other script executer that her new laptop might not have come with installed.

Please assist -For the Glory of the Emperor!! xD

shnar
01-02-2012, 18:00
CRasterImage, if you're still working on the TileSystem, any chance you're open to simple feature request? As I'm using the map editor, I find myself switching between Edit Tool and the Pan Tool a lot, and it's annoying to have to drag the mouse up to the toolbar and click each button. If there were a hotkey for this, it would be fantastic. Or better yet, something similar to Photoshop where Ctrl+Drag used the Pan tool (then we wouldn't have to explicitly alternate between the two).

Anyways, amazing tool, love how open-ended it is, I've used it to create custom TileSets for the D&D Boardgames (Castle Ravenloft, Ashardalon, Drizzt), Earth Reborn, and Gears Of War, let alone the original Doom and a bunch of new tiles for a custom add-on I'm working on. Couldn't have done it without the TileSystem. Major Kudos!

-shnar

CRasterImage
23-04-2012, 07:32
Shnar, like Photoshop, you can hold down the SPACEBAR key and it will switch you to the pan tool.
Then release the key and be back in the tool you were in.

neilgooge
26-06-2013, 15:57
Hey all.

Ok, I have gone through this thread, I'm not just being lazy... I am trying to figure out how to create your own sets... I did come across a few bits, but it was for adding single tiles to a pre-existing set etc. way back in 2009.

Basically, i am creating a whole series of tiles from scratch, using 3d software and photoshop and would love to be able to put them in to this.

What i want to do first though is create a complete reverse set of tiles, so all the same tiles, just flipped horizontally in Photoshop, while this wont matter for some tiles, for others it will instantly give you a new tile, especially on tiles like hall_BOS_A.png and for b, plus hall_WLSD_A.png

I have already put together some new rooms from these pre-existing files, color changes, layout changes, new entry points etc. And am also working on some bio overrun tiles, so more genestealer infested looking tiles...

Obviously, when i am done I will post up the results here, or send them to CRasterImage so he can include them in the final sets, but would like to get the reversed tiles in place, as well as some of the adjusted room etc. to test them out...

This is an absolutely incredible little tool, especially for some of the home brew game stuff i do... another thing i am working on is a zombie game based off of this, once i am done with that, will happily post up the tile sets as well...

Also for anyone who prints this stuff out to use, i have made some custom doors from various textures found on line...

Thanks in advance for any help

Best

Neil

csjman1967
18-10-2013, 12:06
Greetings all. I am new to the forums and looking through this thread, I noticed that CRasterImage (I believe) said that he couldn't find the Deathwing campaign book and the tiles that go with them. I did manage to find them online, but the tile pieces are in jpg format. Now I'll be the first to admit that I can't draw a straight line with a ruler and laser level, but if you are willing to transform the tiles into the correct png format, I can pm you with the file location and you can have a go at it. Let me also add that I think that this program is one of the best I have ever used for making maps. Keep up the brilliant work CRI!!!!

My error. It wasn't the Deathwing campaign book he couldn't find. I guess it was the yellow cover campaigns book. My apologies for the mistake.

csjman1967
19-10-2013, 12:17
@Bugstomper: Thanks dude!

@AndrewGPaul: The images cannot be resized without making them no longer work in the Tilesystem program. If your goal is to print out each tile seperately so that it can be printed and cut out, then I think hellheart's idea is best. Insert them into Word and then resize them on the layout. Or, to cut down on time, you could arrange the tiles in tilesytem and then publish a series of single sheet jpegs and then paste those into Word. That way you only have to resize a single image per page, rather than half a dozen. Also, you would have to hack the gui.set file so that the publish background color was white and the grid didn't draw during publish.

@hellheart: I plan to release an add-on tonight that has some new markers and stuff. I want to include your alternate marine control tile. Can you think of any other variants on it that might be useful?

@general audience: If you are wondering why the .png files are done at 128 pixels per square (dpi) the reason is: It is a number that is easily reducable by powers of 2. Graphic rendering engines will often make "mip maps" out of images. These are a series of images of the main image, but each is reduced by a factor of 2. This is done for fast bilinear filtering. The smooth transition of color from pixel to pixel without dropping any data. Mipmaps look best (fewer artifacts) when the data is based on a size that is easily reducible by a power of 2.

@AndrewGPaul: I found something that works a whole lot better than dropping it into a .doc file and playing with the sizes. Use the Inkscape program (google it, it's free) and just drop the .png file onto a letter size canvas and then save as a pdf. I'll upload one of them that I did (if I can at this level) to show you what it looks like.

Quicky
28-11-2013, 21:17
If anyone fancies some different floorplans try these...

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/121970/Space-Environment-Engineering-Floorplans-vol1

Space Environments Floor Tile Set

Explore the dark cavernous passages of the engineering section,
long forgotten rusty crawl-ways leading to unknown fires in the old passages. Raise the alarm and set the emergency lights to guide your men to the fire or away to freedom.

The Space Environments Engineering Floorplans vol1 is designed to allow you to create an exciting series of sci-fi scenarios for your gaming systems.

The floorplans use 1 inch square 300dpi floor tiles and includes passageways, junctions and rooms allowing you to create unique adventures.

Designed by the award winning artist Quicky, the engineering sections are designed to be combined with the other floorplans in the space environment range.

This pack contains straights, L-bends, T-junctions, offset passages, hide-ways and room elements in four styles to combine and use as well as door and double door
designs.

nedius
29-11-2013, 16:02
Those aren't bad, but not too hard to make yourself using plenty of free textures available on the web. The fire rooms are a neat feature, and beyond my ability, but the rest I could do easily enough, I think. Still for $8, it seems much less effort this way!

Morpheus_god_of_dreams
21-02-2014, 02:35
Apologies for the threadmancy. Just wanted to thank the OP for his app. I've used it to make a few maps from the Vengeance of the Blood Angels game.

You can see them over at BGG - http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1118880/wip-vengeance-of-the-blood-angels-conversion-to

nedius
22-02-2014, 09:08
A few of those missions are taken from the EA Space Hulk game featuring the Death wing. If you are interested in such things I have made dozens of those into a campaign book for Space Hulk using this very set!

You can find it here:

http://nedius.webs.com/deathwing%20campaign%20book.pdf

Morpheus_god_of_dreams
25-02-2014, 06:09
Thanks, I came across that while looking for campaigns/missions for Space Hulk. I've only done the maps for the "Classic Missions" section so far, and couldn't do all of them due to some missing board tiles, like the last or so mission of the Classic Missions section where you probably need 3 or more sets of Space Hulk board tiles plus some special sections. Even for just the missions I have done the maps of you need at least 2 sets of Space Hulk board tiles!!

Still need to work out blips for each mission though...

nedius
25-02-2014, 19:26
Well, I simply counted how many blips appeared in the game... You just watch the map and count them as they appear in the game.

And for some of the missions from the original game, you need over 3 sets! :) Which... I have!

Morpheus_god_of_dreams
26-02-2014, 06:50
Yeah I thought of counting them as they appear on the map, but that doesn't tell you how many the Genestealers start with, or how many arrive as reinforcements per turn, because there are no turns in VotBA due to it all being real time outside of the "frozen" pause time function.

nedius
26-02-2014, 18:23
The old PC game does. It shows you in the mission briefing how many blips are present at the start of the map - and then you can see the blips as they appear on all the maps except for the unmapped ones. So for the classic missions, you're best off actually using the old PC game. You can find downloads of it fairly easily. I've not got a working copy of Vengence, else I'd have done some of those missions.

Morpheus_god_of_dreams
27-02-2014, 06:38
Ah yes I see what you mean. I dug out my old copy of the EA Space Hulk original game, and Dosbox, and installed it. It's a very difficult game though.

I can see how many blips start, but as for reinforcements I'm not sure watching the blips as they come on to the map is all that helpful because there are no turns in the PC game, so all I can see is how many in total come on before all my terminators are dead!

But yeah, I get the idea. I fired up VotBA again, started the Purify mission and immediately went to the map (which freezes the game automatically). I could see that 9 Genestealers were present. In the original PC game the same mission starts with 8 blips, so VotBA is almost exactly the same. In the original PC game you have 2 flamers, in VotBA you have 1 flamer, the other has turned into a PF/SB Terminator, hence the extra blip I guess.

For my tabletop version of Purify I'm setting that as 9 blips to start with then 1 blip per turn for reinforcements as that seems about right to me.

nedius
01-03-2014, 09:43
How are you running VotBA? I can't get it working?

And, for the larger rooms, you can make your own tiles editing those in this tileset. I've done so, but never been able to get them into the editor - despite the advice on this thread.

Morpheus_god_of_dreams
01-03-2014, 11:40
I'm using the PS1 version and running it on my PC using epsxe. There is a way to get the PC version to run, for Win 7 at least, I don't use XP so I can't tell you if it works on that (I think I read that it doesn't) - https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=6147.0

Apparently it's not all that stable on Win 7 though, keeps crashing from what I've read, also when I tried it on my PC just recently there seemed to be no voices.

I use epsxe and the PS1 version of the game because I can run it windowed, thus allowing me to copy the maps easily as I run a dual monitor setup, so I can run VotBA on 1 monitor and 3E Tileset on the other (I own both versions but I've played the PS1 version more because I never owned a PC when the game first came out, always had to use a friends).

The PS1 version is also very handy if you happen to have a PSP and want something to play whilst waiting for a train for example because you can convert it to a PSP playable format. ;)

mallymoocow
19-05-2014, 16:58
Anyone got any maps for zone mortalis they have created and recommend??

Cheers

mallymoocow
20-05-2014, 14:49
Here are some i've worked up for playing HH Zone Mortalis at 500 ish points...
[great program btw!!!]

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/mi_seven/HH_ZM_SH/HH1_BridgeTakeover_zpscdabea18.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/mi_seven/HH_ZM_SH/HH1_Encounter_zps7cb011f1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/mi_seven/HH_ZM_SH/HH1_DirectAssualt_zps2b396998.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/mi_seven/HH_ZM_SH/HH1_CoreDomination_zps4813e70a.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w304/mi_seven/HH_ZM_SH/HH1_Hive_zpsc3248438.jpg

Any one else played zone mortalis using SH tiles???

nedius
25-09-2014, 22:03
Anyone know how to get the new board bits into Tileset?

AndrewGPaul
26-09-2014, 09:11
The instructions are in this thread, somewhere. Basically, you need a scan of the tile as a .png file (there's some complicated rules about the size and resolution of the image, and the alpha channel for transparency) and then you need to edit the .set file (in Notepad) to let it know about the new tile you're adding.

nedius
27-09-2014, 08:47
Not got the new tiles - couldn't justify 75... just would like to have them to play with in tileset!

the_dwarf
09-10-2014, 11:54
Hi all, sorry for necroing. I'm quite stuck at the moment: when I try to create a new map, the only space marine I can choose is Zael, no others are visible. Also, in the .set file only him is mentioned, and I couldn't find the proper image in the .zip I downloaded from dropbox. Can someone help me how to get the others termies in the "Space Marines" section?
Thanks!

the_dwarf
09-10-2014, 21:16
Hi all, sorry for necroing. I'm quite stuck at the moment: when I try to create a new map, the only space marine I can choose is Zael, no others are visible. Also, in the .set file only him is mentioned, and I couldn't find the proper image in the .zip I downloaded from dropbox. Can someone help me how to get the others termies in the "Space Marines" section?
Thanks!

Nevermind, I got them in the thread :)

genesteal
12-10-2014, 16:59
hi !
French site with tilesystemedition2014 tiles, ....
http://sh.chroniques.free.fr/5creation/TileSystem_SpaceHulk2014.zip
Get home page for more...
http://sh.chroniques.free.fr

the_dwarf
13-10-2014, 09:00
hi !
French site with tilesystemedition2014 tiles, ....
http://sh.chroniques.free.fr/5creation/TileSystem_SpaceHulk2014.zip
Get home page for more...
http://sh.chroniques.free.fr

Thank you for your kindness!

rlphay
18-11-2014, 19:26
I must say that this is a fantastic program and perfect for rebuilding all my missions from my 1st edition playing days.

However is there a way to either lighted the green background or at least remove it all together?

When I print out my maps to store in my box the background is so dark it is really hard to see the tiles and other items that I put on the map.

Thank you
Ray

AndrewGPaul
20-11-2014, 11:06
I think the green background is simply a .png file in the image library somewhere (along with all the tile images). You should be able to replace that image with one more to your preference, or edit the .set files to load a different one.

rlphay
20-11-2014, 16:10
Thanks for the information. Looks like I had to edit the gui.set file for these lines:

backcolor="0,16,0"
gridcolor="0,128,0"
backpublishcolor="255,255,255"

The way that I have it here the program will still look the same but publish with a white background.

Thanks again
Ray