PDA

View Full Version : Sold Out?

Urza
02-09-2009, 13:01
Just checked my Space Hulk Pre-Order status on GWs website and the Availability section has changed from

'Not Yet Available, Pre-Order Only'

to

'No Longer Available'..

Looks like they have sold out already... :(

rvdbarnes
02-09-2009, 13:03
Something isnt right.

Earlier on, I got all the way through my space hulk order only to be stopped at the end.

I got this message

The product with id prod210009a has been discontinued

Urza
02-09-2009, 13:09
I'm guessing that they have now completely sold out all of their stock in the UK, and have therefore discontinued the Product Line on the online store.

I just hope that I got my pre-order in before the stock ran out (I ordered it on Monday)...

eriochrome
02-09-2009, 13:09
Where are you guys located? Someone suggested in another topic that after the presales they were shipping all the boxes out to their stores to drive the foot traffic into the stores. Since tons of people have already got their preorders in the post it looks like they might be doing that.

commandergabriel
02-09-2009, 13:13
You can still order it via the US online store. I received my pre-order yesterday... It's awesome!

Kebabyuchenko
02-09-2009, 13:14
My order page says the same, but it also says that the item has been shipped, so I'm hoping I'll still get it!

Kebabyuchenko xxx

Jedi152
02-09-2009, 13:20
If you've pre-ordered, you'll definitely get a copy.

I'm beginning to suspect this isn't as limited as we thought it was.

rvdbarnes
02-09-2009, 13:23
Just spoken to GW sales direct on the phone.

Apparently there are no more preorders now and there should be some in stores on Saturday.
I would have thought this means no further pre orders being taken and any already placed, should be fine.

Kebabyuchenko
02-09-2009, 13:33
Thank ****** for that!

Kebabyuchenko xxx

eriochrome
02-09-2009, 13:43
If you've pre-ordered, you'll definitely get a copy.

I'm beginning to suspect this isn't as limited as we thought it was.

They pretty much only said that you should not expect to be able to get it at christmas time so that just means a 3 month sell through window. Everyone will have a better idea in a few weeks when either the online discounters have it up at there standard discounted rate or not and they are still up after a day or so.

GW did a good job of funneling all the preorders through their website to get that extra income by limiting the sales to the indepedents.

Gunboatdiplomat
02-09-2009, 13:49
I can confirm that GW UK have now sold through all website stock, with the exception of boxes that are already at or en-route to stores.

My 6 arrived today :P

Znail
02-09-2009, 14:17
They pretty much only said that you should not expect to be able to get it at christmas time so that just means a 3 month sell through window. Everyone will have a better idea in a few weeks when either the online discounters have it up at there standard discounted rate or not and they are still up after a day or so.

GW did a good job of funneling all the preorders through their website to get that extra income by limiting the sales to the indepedents.

I wouldnt expect too much discount sales as indi stores only got a limited number of boxes and probobly have no reason to sell them at a discounted price to get rid of them.

Emperors Teeth
02-09-2009, 14:19
Nuts. Was going to order another one.

Gunboatdiplomat
02-09-2009, 14:30
There are already good deals to be had on the box and cardboard components minus mini's on ebay at the moment - the mini's (while lovely) arent too hard to replace with alternates, its the rest of the game components that are going to be difficult to replicate, so anyone who is too skint or missed the boat on getting a pre-order copy could scoop a set of the components up cheap on ebay, and sub in suitable models later.

(I for one will frequently be using a team of Mega armored Nobz instead of terminators :P)

Urza
02-09-2009, 15:09
Just got off of the phone from speaking to GW Direct Customer Support.

All existing Pre-Orders will be honoured, the Availability status has been changed to 'No Longer Available' to prevent any further pre-orders from being made.

GraveGuard
02-09-2009, 15:10
Just wanted to ask as its the first time i've ever ordered something online direct from GW.

I ordered my Copy of Space Hulk on the day they announced it (like lots of people), just checked the status of my order and its still "being processed" is that normal?

eriochrome
02-09-2009, 15:14
I wouldnt expect too much discount sales as indi stores only got a limited number of boxes and probobly have no reason to sell them at a discounted price to get rid of them.

Canadian Store Space Hulk 30% off list price

http://store.miniwargaming.com/?utm_source=ptgraham&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=blog