PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk tiles compatible?

Lord Tenebrae
03-09-2009, 23:35
So is the new Space Hulk tiles compatible with the older versions?

It would be nice if you can combine the older tiles....for extra big Space Hulk.

or better yet a recreation of the Emporer teleporting unto Horus' Battle barge.

- Deathwing -
04-09-2009, 07:19
I didn't put the tiles together, but the new ones are much thicker than the old tiles. Technically it may be possible, but you'll have a different height when doing so.

CRasterImage
04-09-2009, 07:22
and a different artistic style. The 1st edition tiles were brightly, evenly lit and had a hand-drawn cartoon-like style. The second edition was more realistic and would probably fit in with 3rd edition. But they would seem much brighter by comparison.

Dwarf Supreme
04-09-2009, 17:54
Who cares about aesthetics? If they are compatible, you can bet I'll be combining them!

Dezartfox
04-09-2009, 17:57
They are ;) Just different thickness's.

Paganite
05-09-2009, 06:36
Well actually "channeling comic book guy from the Simpsons"...

The new tiles are in a different perspective to the old ones. Where the old ones were really cool and showed the walls at an angle so that it looked like you were looking down into a room with walls, the new ones are at a straight down angle, meaning you don't see the walls at all...

I much prefer the second edition tiles.

mattjgilbert
05-09-2009, 09:58
It was the first thing I tried when the box was opened. The tiles are exactly the same (size/ jig-locking) as the 1st ed ones so mega-hulk is possible :)

Darnok
05-09-2009, 14:48
It was the first thing I tried when the box was opened. The tiles are exactly the same (size/ jig-locking) as the 1st ed and 2nd ed ones so mega-hulk is possible :)

Added the part about the 2nd Ed. tiles (which fit perfectly as well), and marked it for easier readability - this question will pop up again and again.

The tiles fit together physically, but they don't do it on a visual level. There are people concerned about stuff like that, including me. But taking into account some of the missions that require a second level, I can still see myself using older tiles for that purpose. And there is of course always the option of still using both sets combined and saying that the change of patterns is simply due to the transition of merged ships inside the space hulk.

Znail
05-09-2009, 15:11
And there is of course always the option of still using both sets combined and saying that the change of patterns is simply due to the transition of merged ships inside the space hulk.

Pretty fluffy reason as the hulks are composed of a large amount of ships crashed against eachother.