PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Expansion

madd0ct0r
05-09-2009, 08:31
First Beta Version 0.5

I need HELP.

It still requires:
-more details for unit rules (IG will not act like genestealers)
-More special characters
-rules for all special characters to be typed up.

-pictures
-a modelling section (particualry for the different scenarios)

Anybody like this?
Am I just covering old ground?

mattjgilbert
05-09-2009, 09:25
There are quite a few fan sites out there with 1st ed rules for other races (necron hulk springs to mind). It might be worth trawling those for ideas to see what ground has already been covered and what ideas you can borrow or expand on.

I can see a LOT of fan material coming out for this game and at some point someone needs to consolidate it all so there are not 50 different sets of rules for each race!

I think the necron hulk site also has necron board sections for printing off but it's been years since I looked. I imagine lots of new floorplans being posted by people too :)

Phantomworks
05-09-2009, 16:55
Do you mind listing the sites with these customer rules?

Ben
05-09-2009, 17:05
I did and I got warning points for it. You'll have to use google to find them.

Ben
05-09-2009, 17:20
If we do a web expansion, we should stick to Chaos Terminators and Orks in Mega Armour first. Why? Because they will be by far the easiest things to balance.

madd0ct0r
16-10-2009, 12:50
Sisters. as small team.

5AP medium size armoured.

Heavy flamer - as per rulebook
Flamer - as per Heavy flamer but hits on a 4+
Melta - Range of 6, 4+ to hit, instakill against doors.

CP are replaced by acts of faith, A pool of ten at start.
A roll on 1D6 LOWER then the number of Sister's left on the board is required to use it.

----

Ork Nobz.

4AP Big Size armoured

Not sure on weapons. I'll need to borrow the codex.

Orks roll 1d6 when shooting, and 2d6 when in combat.

WAAAAGH. - If a succesful combat hit is made, the ork may move immeaditely into that space for free.

AndrewGPaul
16-10-2009, 13:30
Do you mind listing the sites with these customer rules?

I did and I got warning points for it. You'll have to use google to find them.

The thing is, most Space Hulk fansites that have their own house rules tend to also have vast tracts of the official rules and/or missions. The trick is to find a site with the former but not the latter, and link to that. Or just link to the relevant pages on the fan sites.

grissom2006
17-10-2009, 08:59
As Andrew points out if it anything posted or linked has pretty much a word for word copying of GW's IP then your in trouble it's a huge no no and breaking copyright laws as well as Warseers T&C.

Special Characters have no real place in SH.

You'll find that theirs plenty of home brewed rules up on here already and their nothing to stop you from making your own up if you don't like the ones posted.

Znail
17-10-2009, 09:47
Yup, there are rules posted in other threads for Powerarmors, IG etc.

Anyway, I think its a mistake to try and make rules for everything at once. Focus on making good rules for one alternate force at a time and its more likely to make some quality rules people will want to use.

thefan
18-10-2009, 14:09
Whynot just use and tweek the 1st edit rules. They cover a lot of what you want. You could also use advanced space crusade. Space Hulk Compendium book has SM tactical squads in it. Also check out Expanding the HUlk. He has been doing it for years and has some great ideas. Thanks DON

madd0ct0r
19-10-2009, 21:44
I'm a member of Expanding the Hulk's yahoo group ;-)

I'm increasingly feeling I'm not going to have much to add to all the stuff out there. There's a LOT.

I've realised something recently though, I quite like Spacehulk as it is. My gaming group are all on the same learning curve, so the enemy is getting tougher at the same time.

A small kill team squad sounds fun to model, paint and play becuase it's the classic investment of character in each and every miniture.
There's always Necromunda, or Travel Inquisitor.

Or EPIC.

I'll probably call it a night on this side project. It'd be fun from a rules writing perspective, but frankly, I don't think I'd even use them, let alone anyone else.

Cheers for the comments.
Madd0ct0r out.

sulla
23-10-2009, 02:44
Deathwatch teams seem tailormade for hulk fights...

StefDa
25-10-2009, 14:31
Good document you uploaded, OP, but if Imperial Guard are the Defenders... Will they only be able to attack in close combat? And things like that.

Will all the standard rules for attacking (normal weapons killing on a 6 with 2d6 etc.) be used? What about if the attackers are Daemons? Will they also shoot things and get owned by Guardsmen (defender) in close combat?

madd0ct0r
26-10-2009, 09:29
No, the intent was for each race/unit to have their own rules for both CC, and shooting, not just a straight port.

you're right it's hard to show the lower ends of the spectrum there though. Unlike 40k where the baseline is a 3,3,3,3 human, Spacehulk's baseline is Termie v Genestealer.

I may still try rules for sisters, orks and crons (as that's my gaming group)