PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else yet to receive their copy of Spacehulk?

Deathwing_Matt
05-09-2009, 13:32
Hey guys,

I'm still waiting for my copy of Spacehulk. Everyone I know who ordered a copy has received theirs yet mine hasn't turned up. I've called mail order, who said that the last batch went out yesterday, so it should be anytime today. However, I pre-ordered about 15 mins after it went up on the GW Website so I would imagine I would be in one of the first batches (if that stands for anything). It also seems to be getting fairly late on a Saturday afternoon for couriers to be coming round. I've also checked the website which says it has been dispatched.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem or whether its just a one off...

Emperors Teeth
05-09-2009, 13:47
Whilst I only ordered mine on the 18th... I also only recieved it about 3pm yesterday! (Had to go to the post depot this morning to get it :(.) I feel your pain though, My Vraks 3 book order turned turned up nearly 2 weeks after released date.

Have faith... Royal Fail usually pull through in the end.

grissom2006
05-09-2009, 13:56
got mine yesterday and if it was express for the delivery and your in the UK then UPS most likely has it as they delivered mine.

Deathwing_Matt
05-09-2009, 14:06
Whilst I only ordered mine on the 18th... I also only recieved it about 3pm yesterday! (Had to go to the post depot this morning to get it :(.) I feel your pain though, My Vraks 3 book order turned turned up nearly 2 weeks after released date.

Have faith... Royal Fail usually pull through in the end.

Cheers, normally I wouldn't be that concerned, its just with Space Hulk being such a limited release if I didn't chase it quickly then if anything had gone wrong I would be less likely to get a copy. Its not like the permanent releases where another can be stuck in the post...

untimention
05-09-2009, 14:17
i'd chase it up mate, i got mine early during the week from GW direct.

My local hobby store does have 2 copies if all else fails

abaddonseviltwin
05-09-2009, 14:30
Still waiting on mine too, but it'll be due to the postal strikes in the London area at the end of last week slowing things down, I wouldn't worry, it should turn up Monday or Tuesday, it just takes an unbelievable amount of time for them to clear the backlog. The fact that the strikes aren't getting media coverage anymore kind of takes the point out of them!

Bookwrak
05-09-2009, 15:25
Once the parcel has been handed over to the postal system, GW's going to have very little ability to do anything about it save for saying, 'it's on the way.'

EffCee
05-09-2009, 16:07
Mine still not arrived, despite it being sent out on the 2nd. My faith in the UK postal service is now officially at rock bottom!

Alsharoth
05-09-2009, 16:16
Have you been on the site to check it'sbeen dispatched?
Got mine yesterday around 2pm

rollthebones
05-09-2009, 17:24
Mine hasn't arrived yet from GW mail order either. I went and bought a shop copy this morning just in case. They only had eight left of an original eighteen by 11am.

Grumblebelly
05-09-2009, 17:31
Im still waiting on mine too, Im on the west coast of Canada so it might take longer I guess.

spetswalshe
05-09-2009, 17:33
Mine turned up today while I was out. Also turned up after the local depot closed at 12pm.

Monday seems a long way away...

Ben
05-09-2009, 17:35
I picked the least popular store in the region, rolled up before it opened, and got mine. I was not the only person to turn up before 9 o'clock for it.

Deathwing_Matt
05-09-2009, 18:08
Still waiting on mine too, but it'll be due to the postal strikes in the London area at the end of last week slowing things down, I wouldn't worry, it should turn up Monday or Tuesday, it just takes an unbelievable amount of time for them to clear the backlog.

Which part of London are you in? I'm in the N2 area so I'm thinking that plus the bank hol meant 3 day week for post...

Mine turned up today while I was out. Also turned up after the local depot closed at 12pm.

Monday seems a long way away...

It sure does. I can wait until Monday happily, if I trusted the post/such a limited release so its tough to replace if something goes wrong

Mine still not arrived, despite it being sent out on the 2nd. My faith in the UK postal service is now officially at rock bottom!

I know how you feel...

Ben
05-09-2009, 18:13
Ring mail order and see if they can give you a tracking number. You can then find where in the postal system it is.

doghouse
05-09-2009, 18:15

There has been strike action this week so it may result in there being delays.
If you live anywhere near Swindon or generally in the south there will be slight delays.

EffCee
05-09-2009, 18:38
There has been strike action this week so it may result in there being delays.
If you live anywhere near Swindon or generally in the south there will be slight delays.

Sadly, I'm in the north :(

JCOLL
05-09-2009, 18:58
I'm in the U.S. I got my copy on Tuesday. I was very surprised that it came so quickly. It's amazing - I love it!!

doghouse
05-09-2009, 19:00
You shouldn't have been affected by any action if you are up north. Speaking as an ex-postman it should have been with you friday at the latest if it went first class and I'd say Tuesday at the extreme if it went second.

If it's not with you by tuesday give GW a bell and let them know as it's not worth contacting royal mail unless it's recorded or special delivery because they can't track it.
It probably won't be delivered by your regular postie as it's quite a hefty box so it'll probably be a van delivery which could be anytime up untill about three-ish.

If you are on good terms with your neighbours it might be worth checking to see if they dropped it off with them because some posties do neglect to leave a P739 card to say that they left it with a neighbour.

My postie is scared of my dog (disgrace to the uniform...) so often leaves stuff with the neighbours without telling me.

So if it's not with you by tuesday get straight onto GW mate. ;)

gamble
05-09-2009, 21:35
im very peed off that mine didnt come yesterday or today have to possibly wait till monday or later i want to get converting asap and paint up.

Nazerth
06-09-2009, 02:49
im very peed off that mine didnt come yesterday or today have to possibly wait till monday or later i want to get converting asap and paint up.

You think that's bad? Monday is a holiday here, so I probably won't get my copy till Tuesday at the best! :cries:

Bazman
06-09-2009, 07:21
Mine arrived Friday am, Lovely stuff inthe box. One of the guys went to Newcastle at the lunchtime and still managed to pick one up though.

hereticdave
06-09-2009, 07:46
Hmm i was fortunate enough to have mine waiting for me on my doorstep Friday afternoon!