PDA

View Full Version : How much should I sell the Terminators for? [CLOSED]

XenosVanquisher
06-09-2009, 11:47
I was thinking somewhere around 75.

I only bought Space Hulk to sell the miniatures etc, I only have to shift the minis now as the board and game accessories went for 50 last night.

Darth Ghandi
06-09-2009, 11:59
One million dollars.........

dmk
06-09-2009, 12:02
1 soul. and 10 characters.

blagmasterg
06-09-2009, 12:24
Words fail me. Its thanks to 'people' like you that the prices get driven up on the preowned market to ridiculous levels:mad:

XenosVanquisher
06-09-2009, 13:24
Words fail me. Its thanks to 'people' like you that the prices get driven up on the preowned market to ridiculous levels:mad:

Pfft, I can do whatever I want with goods I bought.

torn
06-09-2009, 13:28
If i were you id personally try and sell them as quickly as possible, or keep them a long time, as there are so many people flooding auction sites it is reducing the value. Of course i considered getting a 2nd set for the tiles and doors and selling the doubled marines, and i would have been happy getting 30 for them, as that is half the set price and 2.50 for man. Of course i didnt do this when realising just how much board you got in the game!

kyussinchains
06-09-2009, 13:39

how many copies did you buy to sell? if it's 1-2 I have absolutely no problem with what you're doing, but if it's 5-10 I personally have a problem with it. although games workshop is just as much at fault for not limiting the number of copies people can buy..... that would stop this kind of behaviour

Mozzamanx
06-09-2009, 13:40

Welcome to capitalism, where business sense is rewarded with money!

While 75 looks bad on paper, try remembering that the stock 11 Terminators plus Librarian would be 65 from Games Workshop.
10 for limited edition status and awesome detail isn't that much to ask.

dmk
06-09-2009, 13:40

I thought he was talking about the guy who said to sell it for 1 million dollars. But anyway.

XenosVanquisher
06-09-2009, 13:45

While 75 looks bad on paper, try remembering that the stock 11 Terminators plus Librarian would be 65 from Games Workshop.

Tbh yeah, I didn't think that 75 was bad to ask at all myself.

I bought three copies, one for me - one for my little brother's birthday in a month and one to sell on.

I don't see a problem there - anyone complaining is simply jelous.

kyussinchains
06-09-2009, 13:48
Tbh yeah, I didn't think that 75 was bad to ask at all myself.

I bought three copies, one for me - one for my little brother's birthday in a month and one to sell on.

I don't see a problem there - anyone complaining is simply jelous.

I see no problem with that personally, I was tempted to pick up a copy to sell on at a later date myself, I just dont think it's fair when people buy up dozens of copies to rip people off with..... you and your brother can make some huge maps and missions now with 2 sets! THAT makes me jealous!

snottlebocket
06-09-2009, 14:05
What makes you think you can sell just the terminators for more than the entire box is worth? Despite GW screaming limited edition it's not exactly rare, there's still plenty of copies lying around stores.

kaimarion
06-09-2009, 14:20
I was thinking somewhere around 75.

I only bought Space Hulk to sell the miniatures etc, I only have to shift the minis now as the board and game accessories went for 50 last night.

Nicely done but 75 for the termies is just taking the p*** IMO, 50-60 sounds more appropriate but if you find someone willing to pay 75 then congrats :p. If you are able to acquire something for a cheaper price then sell it on at a dearer price then why not it is what shops do and you are not forcing anyone to buy it(provided the the item is luxury one).

I recently sold some snakes to a local pet shop for 30 each and they are selling them for 130, am I annoyed? No not in the slightest if they are able to get that for them(and they are) then good for them.

Reno 911 lol.

Lord Raneus
06-09-2009, 14:41
I personally would say 75 pounds is a bit much. If the pound-dollar exchange is still what it's been that's about the price of Space Hulk itself.

Ben
06-09-2009, 14:42

I think instead of business sense you mean availability of a finite commodity or resource.

Maybe GW should just have charged 200 a set, as it seems people are looking to sell the sets they bought for that sort of money. Or would people have regarded that as gouging their customers?

Ben
06-09-2009, 14:43
I personally would say 75 pounds is a bit much. If the pound-dollar exchange is still what it's been that's about the price of Space Hulk itself.

The boxed set is 58. He's looking to sell part of the product for more than the entire product cost.

XenosVanquisher
06-09-2009, 14:58
The boxed set is 58. He's looking to sell part of the product for more than the entire product cost.

Just did*

Sold them for 65.

athamas
06-09-2009, 15:33
wtf... thats insane....

kodos to you for making money, but... not my cup of tea...

lagoon83
06-09-2009, 16:40
If you listen carefully, you can hear my faith in mankind (hobbyists, at least) shrivelling up.

grimcrazy
06-09-2009, 16:52
So with the genestealers what is your total profit going to be?

grimcrazy
06-09-2009, 16:53
Looks like if you got a second copy it could pay for the first.

blagmasterg
06-09-2009, 17:29
First off, I never said that it wasn't anyone's right to do whatever they want to with stuff that they own. That doesn't stop me having an opinion about it though, and my opinion is that its a sucky thing to do because I am one of the people who has been unable to purchase myself a copy of Warhammer Quest, Space Hulk Second Edition and several other games on ebay due to inflated prices over the years. So people who have bought multiple copies of a limited edition game that lots of people want just to make a shedload of money out of resale of components are just a pain in the **** as far as I'm concerned.

And jealous? I think not. I got my copy at a discount and I have plenty of mates who also got a copy with whom to play larger games as and when I feel like it.:cool:

grimcrazy
06-09-2009, 17:41
I would have been really upset if I didn't get my copy.

There were people at my local independant store who pre-ordered 4 (three to resell on ebay). But when fewer than expected got delivered the storeowner limited everyone on the order list to one copy.

I'm lucky I'm not buying one copy to play on ebay for 200! well beyond what i can afford

nedius
06-09-2009, 17:52
Give it time. It'll shrink back to between 60-100 per set once the rush is over. As of today, my local GW still had a bout a dozen sets left. I've got two sets - one to play, model and bash up, and one to be a 'collecatble' (I've got 1st and 2nd ed in pretty good condition as well).

Selling componants may well continue to be a good money spinner though. Assault on Black Reach terminators still go for 10-20, and they are hardly anything special!

Ben
06-09-2009, 17:57
If you listen carefully, you can hear my faith in mankind (hobbyists, at least) shrivelling up.

This also isn't profit obtained by intelligence or effort, but by acquiring a limited item and creating a shortage in it by buying extras to sell to people who weren't able to get it because of other people getting extras to create a shortage so they can charge an arbitrarily high price for it.

If there is a flu pandemic this winter we'll be seeing people doing the same thing with vaccines and anti-virals, though hopefully they won't be posting on warseer to tell us about it.

XenosVanquisher
06-09-2009, 18:51
Anyone who even remotely paid attention to my posts in this thread would understand that I didn't buy Space Hulk in a large quantity in order to dash people out of their money.

I have rent and bills to pay - by selling off the third box I bought I made back almost everything I spent and enough to pay my phone bill - I couldnt justify spending that amount on my hobby without me seeing some sort of return on it.

I made 105 without selling the 'stealers, meaning I basically only paid or one of the box sets.

Practical result if you ask me.

I'm going to keep all the extra genestealers to give to my little brother so he has more.

Anyone who came into this thread atop their great white steed of righteousness has to find better ways to flame people trying to stay afloat.

Ben
06-09-2009, 19:53
This thread has pretty much moved on from being about you specifically, and moved on to scalping in general.

I saw someone load up a trolley with 8 copies on Saturday for 'friends'. I'm hoping that he genuinely had eight friends who wanted a copy of Space Hulk and would play it, rather than he thought he could find eight 'friends' willing to pay double the retail price in a few months.

philbrad2
06-09-2009, 21:02
I'm closing this thread. Such questions evoke reactions which can invariable lead to members being warned for their posts. Threads asking for opinions on how much money you should make of your latest purchase are on the fast lane to flamefestville. So before things get heated up I'll cool them down.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +

FAQ
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php
POSTING GUIDLINES
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines