PDA

View Full Version : When rumours go bad...

Christine
06-09-2009, 21:53
Well we all read the rumours and marvelled at what was correct in the end and what wasn't (for example we missed out on the plastic corridor sections) but check out the rumours below extracted from TheBuchoBlog and posted originally on Boardgame Geek.

Feel free to laugh!
Chrissy

---------------------------------------

I have actually seen the prototype of the new version. They are testing it out here because it’s a niche market and they hope the information wouldn’t leak.. well, too bad they ran into a BGG’er.

Anyway, the new version involves the following:

– Plastic hallway pieces that stand on small legs so you can reach underneath with magnet sticks (explained beneath).

– Each miniature has a small magnet on its base. Addionally, genestealers are fitted with a small battery which makes them move their arms

– To reinforce the “realistic experience” (as stated in the manual), you are not allowed to touch the pieces directly but have to use magnetic sticks which you stick under the boards and use them to move the figures “remotely”. This sounds ridicilous but actually works just fine. GW stated that if this catches on, they think about including “magnet sticks” in the Warhammer series.

– SH has a new ruleset that does away with those pesky ” 4 action points” and “command points” and uses a much more elegant system: you throw a little 6-sided cube with numbers 1 to 6 on it; the number you see on the top when it stops rolling is the number of “action points” you have on the turn. Genious!

Anyway I would post some pics but I don’t want to breach the signed “prototype test” contract too much.

Cheers!

Ben
06-09-2009, 21:54
To be fair that rumour was posted on April Fools day, wasn't it?

Christine
06-09-2009, 22:17
Really? It was posted as fact on the blog I was reading!

Dezartfox
07-09-2009, 00:23
It was an April fools day rumour :)

Bookwrak
07-09-2009, 13:34
Really? It was posted as fact on the blog I was reading!

This is why people on the internet hate April Fool's Day. The gullible always keep things going long past the day itself.

Znail
07-09-2009, 13:42
Well, if you believed in a rumour like that then you only have yourself to blame :wtf:

Mannimarco
07-09-2009, 13:47
it does sound really outlandish doesnt it? im surprised people didnt see right through it, at least the plastic tunnels were believable (and dooable, check out ainsty for tunnels to see what i mean)

pookie
07-09-2009, 16:59
i found that some of the rumours were partly true that we all heard, plastic boards - confirmed in WD - Electric Timer - Confirmed in WD, tho agree this was a little more 'out there' as far as rumours go.