PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else still waiting for their pre-ordered Space Hulk to arrive?

Kebabyuchenko
07-09-2009, 12:24
Still haven't got mine. The feller at GW said they shipped out today. What's the point pre-ordering it if I'm gonna get it a week after release?

Kebabyuchenko xxx

KroSha
07-09-2009, 12:41
At least you're sure you're getting one...

snottlebocket
07-09-2009, 12:55
Mine still hasn't shipped yet. I actually went out and bought a copy at the store saturday. I figure the second copy will shift easily on ebay.

Kebabyuchenko
07-09-2009, 12:59
Well, at least I've still got my 1st ed. Even though the Termies are crap.

Kebabyuchenko xxx

Znail
07-09-2009, 13:33
I am still waiting, UPS failed to show up today as well. Why couldnt GW afford the real postal service?

I wonder who at GW had the brilliant idea of using a delivery service that delivers in person to someones home, but only during normal working hours? Isnt that pretty obviously a bad idea? And GW wonders why indipendent online stores gets all the customers.

ikim
07-09-2009, 15:48
I too am still waiting for it to arrive, but I am confident: the Italian Post office is usually very late, so I figured it will take another 5-10 days to arrive.

cheers

Grimmeth
07-09-2009, 16:04
Don't GW guarantee if you advance order it will be with you on day of release? I'd be kicking off right about now if mine hadn't turned up...
Oh and mine (UK) came by Royal Mail, not UPS.

wolf40k
07-09-2009, 16:12
Mine showed up 9 days before it got released. Even my local GW employees were shocked.

Znail
07-09-2009, 16:54
I guess they ran out of time due to being understaffed for the amount of pre-orders and then thought that UPS would be faster or something. UPS seems rather sucky as well and I would actualy get the package faster if THEY mailed it to me instead of trying to use their own delivery. I think they are pretty unused to actualy delivering to people instead of corporations.

Grumblebelly
07-09-2009, 17:38
Still waiting on mine in Vancouver, all the retailers got theirs, I guess they arn't very good at delivering to individual customers.

Wicksy
07-09-2009, 17:45
I got mine last thursday and my mum had to go and pick it up at the post office friday....i was surprised to have it before the release date.

wolf40k
07-09-2009, 17:54
I was very surprised by direct services. I got Blood bowl and Space hulk in the same order, but didn't expect Space Hulk until maybe the day after it came out.
Blood bowl showed up at my door 22 hrs later, I live on the west cost of Canada and it was coming from almost the far side of the country. And Space Hulk showed up more then a week early. I'm liking Direct services now, bring back all the bitz and I'll be completely sold on their new website

Kebabyuchenko
07-09-2009, 17:55
The annoying thing is, I live about 2 miles from my local store. Why couldn't the guy delivering them have delivered mine?

Kebabyuchenko xxx

EffCee
07-09-2009, 18:12
Still waiting. Original guy must have lied when he said it shipped on the 2nd, as the guy I spoke to today told me that it was sent out late...

Arselskjut
08-09-2009, 03:20
I probably won't even get mine. Noticed on the store's site that they say they've overbooked and are waiting for the last copies that should have been shipped yesterday, but still no info. Sucks. =(

Have to call local GW tomorrow and hope that they still have one left, but they probably wont =(. Bugger!

loveless
08-09-2009, 04:32
Still waiting - but seeing as how I didn't order til the 3rd, I'm not that surprised that I'm waiting :p

ReaperOfSouls
08-09-2009, 05:18
Also still waiting for my copy. Preordered the same day it went up on the GW site but haven't seen it yet. Sent an email yesterday evening to check that it really is on it's way...

EffCee
08-09-2009, 05:31
Don't worry about not getting one if you ordered it. The guy I spoke to told me that if it was advanced ordered it was guaranteed that I would get one. Here's hoping that it will arrive today.

shadow hunter
08-09-2009, 09:38
I ordered about a day or two after it was announced - but still got mine on the 2nd september by Royal Mail (I live in Staffordshire - UK)

ReaperOfSouls
08-09-2009, 14:43
Got a tracking number from GW support and got in touch with UPS today. It turns out they tried to deliver my order yesterday when I was not at home, and since I live in an apartment with a code for the front door they couldn't get in. Hopefully they will be back tomorrow :)

EffCee
08-09-2009, 18:59
Finally, it arrived this morning. :D

Archaon
08-09-2009, 20:14
I'm so pissed at GW right now..

Ordered mine via Mail Order online on announcement day, they withdrew the money several days later from my account.. everything peachy to this point. I decide to let it be delivered to my local GW shop thinking they'll get it a few days before and just put it in their storage room to give them out on Saturday.. so far my logic (and i work in logistics and know this would be standard procedure for a release).

Come September 5th (a day before my birthday) i go into the store all happy.. friends have arrived to stay over the weekend, a party is on its way and the new Space Hulk to play on Sunday... yeah, i walk out mad as hell when they tell me UPS apparently ****ed up and didn't deliver.

Today, Tuesday, i go in again thinking they gave UPS some hell and organized a special delivery (if it indeed was UPS' fault).. no luck. We check the online order and status and find out it has been shipped on the 3rd yet i got no set (2 days for a professional logistics corporation that specializes in the delivery of small packages not enough? Something is seriously wrong!).
Turns out it will apparently be delivered on Thursday with the regular shipment they receive.

My GOD! It was all i could do not to blow up in the poor shop guys face as he's probably the least responsible for this whole mess.. :mad:

GW is run by such huge amateurs it is unbelievable. As i said i work for a logistics company and make my living on taking deadlines for serious and above all meet them.
If i would have mismanaged such an important release on a grand scale (mine wasn't the only order not delivered.. ALL copies for customers weren't delivered on time! Only 5 copies for the staff have arrived on time) my boss would have ripped me a new one and we would have at least tried everything to make a special delivery on our own cost to get the goods to the customer on time.

Amateurs... big, huge amateurs who only get through with this because 90% of their customers are teenagers who have no clue how customer service works in adult world.

You know.. this once i let my guard down concerning GW and trust they'll handle something professionally only to be burned badly. It is no wonder why i have left their company as a regular customer and moved to other companies who meet deadlines and have their goods on time in the store.

Ronin_eX
08-09-2009, 21:06
Still waiting on mine as well. Pre-ordered the day it was announced and the e-mail was sent out. My friend who only heard about it through me went to the LGS and picked it up on a whim.

Yeah my first purchase from GW after a year of not giving them a dime is really making me want to spend more on their products. It doesn't help that they apparently screwed up and marked a load of people's as "dispatched" before they were and their tracking system is hit or miss. Some have gotten packages without ever receiving tracking info (or even notification that their package was no longer processing) while other sit and wait on their dispatched packages without being able to track it.

Hopefully it arrives in a day or two, but I probably wont be buying from GW again after this if I can expect such shoddy service from a company that should really know better.

Kebabyuchenko
08-09-2009, 23:56

I decide to let it be delivered to my local GW shop thinking they'll get it a few days before and just put it in their storage room to give them out on Saturday..

Exactly. Whats the *********** point? I should have just gone to my local GW store and bought the **************** on Saturday. Turds!

Kebabyuchenko xxx

Caff
09-09-2009, 02:41
Finally got mine today...w00t.

KroSha
09-09-2009, 10:24

...UPS apparently ****ed up and didn't deliver....

...We check the online order and status and find out it has been shipped on the 3rd...
...Turns out it will apparently be delivered on Thursday with the regular shipment they receive...

And this is GW's fault exactly how? You freely admit that UPS is at fault. Once it's left the factory, either Lenton or one of the US ones, GW has ZERO influence on when it gets delivered. It apparently did leave the factory on time, on the 3rd.

Bearing in mind that there is little to no stock in the hubs, because it's sold out online and they've already sent everything out to stores, you've done OK to get it this week. Quit griping and remember that these guys are human and can only send you what they've got. They may have had to wait for UPS to return your copy or pull one in from a store to send to you.

Archaon
09-09-2009, 11:08
And this is GW's fault exactly how? You freely admit that UPS is at fault. Once it's left the factory, either Lenton or one of the US ones, GW has ZERO influence on when it gets delivered. It apparently did leave the factory on time, on the 3rd.

Bearing in mind that there is little to no stock in the hubs, because it's sold out online and they've already sent everything out to stores, you've done OK to get it this week. Quit griping and remember that these guys are human and can only send you what they've got. They may have had to wait for UPS to return your copy or pull one in from a store to send to you.

Apparently you don't understand.. i work in logistics and i know that this is highly unusual.

I can understand packages can get lost, damaged or whatever but

a) Sending out a pre-ordered item 2 days before release day invites all kinds of problems and leaves you no room to correct anything should a mistake happen

b) **** up did happen and instead of organizing a special delivery or raising all hell with UPS they wait it out and include it with the standard delivery a week later (this is what really grinds my bones)

Let me tell you.. if a major customer (and i believe GW is no small potato) raises hell this gets bumped up to higher manager levels and usually sets all kinds of activity into motion least of all is to find the shipment and speed it up (up to organizing a 2nd pickup of goods if there are any spare and delivering them as fast as possible on the logistics company own cost).

So for all intents and purposes GW just shrugged shoulders and laid all blame on UPS and didn't even feel the need to accelerate the process or try something. This is customer service at its worst and the absolute abominable thing is that they can get away with it because their customer base is way too young to know better and above all won't give 'em a red card because their fan base (they're not customers but fans.. a big distinction) is just too entrenched in the GW hobby. So they can shrug shoulders knowing all they will get is some bad mouthing on the net (and they're used to it)... personally i've voted with my wallet years ago and this was the first major GW purchase in years and i get burned.

KroSha
09-09-2009, 12:34
Apparently you don't understand.. i work in logistics and i know that this is highly unusual.Actually, I do understand. I've worked for GW Dispatch. I know it's unusual too, but for different reasons.

a) Sending out a pre-ordered item 2 days before release day invites all kinds of problems and leaves you no room to correct anything should a mistake happen So when should they have sent it out? They did start sending stuff out earlier, as is evidenced by reports of people getting their stuff 4 or 5 days before release. If they'd have waited any longer then people would have been complaining about it being late, which is exactly what you're doing.

b) **** up did happen and instead of organizing a special delivery or raising all hell with UPS they wait it out and include it with the standard delivery a week later (this is what really grinds my bones)And exactly how do you know what they did or didn't do? Do you work for UPS?

Let me tell you.. if a major customer (and i believe GW is no small potato) raises hell this gets bumped up to higher manager levels and usually sets all kinds of activity into motion... As far as UPS is concerned, GW probably is a small customer. At least when I was in Dispatch, UPS was not the preferred carrier. Most stuff went by container, so UPS didn't get much business.

So for all intents and purposes GW just shrugged shoulders and laid all blame on UPS and didn't even feel the need to accelerate the process or try something. This is customer service at its worst and the absolute abominable thing is that they can get away with it because their customer base is way too young to know better and above all won't give 'em a red card because their fan base (they're not customers but fans.. a big distinction) is just too entrenched in the GW hobby. So they can shrug shoulders knowing all they will get is some bad mouthing on the net (and they're used to it)... personally i've voted with my wallet years ago and this was the first major GW purchase in years and i get burned.

Again, I'll say that this is possibly as much as they could do. Maybe you should have more realistic or pragmatic expectations. Personally, I've always found the CS guys to be above and beyond helpful. I know many people have issues with the way that GW does some things. These strategic decisions aside, I've always found the actual guys who do the legwork to be a great bunch of guys who do their damnedest to make sure people are as happy as they can be.

spaint2k
09-09-2009, 13:21
Actually, I do understand. I've worked for GW Dispatch. I know it's unusual too, but for different reasons.

So when should they have sent it out?

There's always someone on these boards willing to take "the other side", whether it be in defence of someone's COMPLETE AND UTTER illiteracy/stupidity or defending GW's screw-ups.

Face it, you'd have been pissed if you'd been in Archaon's shoes. He's on here ranting because he needs to vent. He KNOWS what should have been done to make it right by him because it's his profession. I don't see how he's in the wrong.

So when should they have sent it out? They did start sending stuff out earlier, as is evidenced by reports of people getting their stuff 4 or 5 days before release. If they'd have waited any longer then people would have been complaining about it being late, which is exactly what you're doing.

You missed the part where he said he ordered it on the day of the announcement. They should have shipped his out that early as well.

KroSha
09-09-2009, 13:42
You missed the part where he said he ordered it on the day of the announcement. They should have shipped his out that early as well.

No, I didn't. I also have an understanding of how the manufacture & shipping process actually occurs, which you obviously don't.

loveless
09-09-2009, 13:43

And you missed the part where he said that he had it shipped to his local store - which is certainly his most grievous mistake.

There was a screw-up at the store - in the end, they won't be getting their copies until later.

Is it annoying? Yes.
Does it deserve the bile and hate spewed on the forum? Not really.

This likely could have been avoided by shipping it to your house as opposed to the store. Obviously, there was no way for you to know that at the time. GW screwed up, but you're still getting your product. In the grand scheme of things, setting up a special redelivery for one store probably wasn't worth the hassle. I've had things not come in on time - ho hum, that's life in hobby-land. It's not like you ordered a new liver :p

Besides, it could have been much worse. They could have told you "Sorry, the shipment got screwed up. We won't be delivering any copies of Space Hulk, but we will refund your money."

I'd say the moral of the story is, don't ship things to the store. It's not like it cost anything to ship it standard if you ordered it at the time of the announcement (or after, looking at the site currently). Just stand back and take it as a learning experience. You don't get your toys right away, but hey - patience is a virtue ;)

spaint2k
09-09-2009, 13:56
I'm just going to end up with more warning points posting in this thread.

Bookwrak
09-09-2009, 15:07
If you're unable to post anything that doesn't involve you shouting at other posters, that probably says something telling about the position you're trying to support.

Znail
09-09-2009, 15:10
GW are responsible for the time frame they picked between alowing pre-orders and release. They are also responsible for picking UPS as they is far from the standard way to deliver packages to peoples homes all over the world and quite frankly so do they rate far below the normal postal service over here.

No, I didn't. I also have an understanding of how the manufacture & shipping process actually occurs, which you obviously don't.
It also means that you take any critique of GW delivery somewhat personal, wich is rather unwaranted. If anything so does the reponsibility lie higher up in GW, not with GW delivery department being lazy.

KroSha
09-09-2009, 15:45
It also means that you take any critique of GW delivery somewhat personal, wich is rather unwaranted.Not really; I'm out of that and I left the factory and GW itself for good reasons. But I don't like to see anyone copping flak for something that wasn't their fault and they aren't responsible for. Calling the entirety of GW lazy amateurs is unwarranted and childish. There is a whole realm of complexity that comes from supplying most of the world from a single location, that most people don't see and frankly don't think or care about. Unless it happens not to function perfectly the one time they want it to.

Given how many people have actually complained in this thread (less than 10) and how many of those have been problems with UPS / local post services (most of them), UPS probably wasn't a great choice with hindsight. However I can believe that the vast majority of customers who had it delivered had it arrive on time, even up to 9 days early. And I'll also wager that the vast majority of GW and FLG stores had their stuff arrive on time. My experience with couriers, which I have to deal with every day, is a heck of a lot worse than 10/100,000 (or however many they made).

Deathwing_Matt
09-09-2009, 16:05
Still waiting. Original guy must have lied when he said it shipped on the 2nd, as the guy I spoke to today told me that it was sent out late...

I phoned up twice on Saturday and once on Monday and each time got told it was a different courier firm, different shipping date, different batch (!?) and no sign of a tracking order. On Monday afternoon I went into one of the stores near where I'm working this week and they had a handful of copies left. I was going to buy a second copy so I definately got one (if the second didn't show, I could sort a refund later). I got talking to the blueshirt in store who was really helpful. He gave mail order a call to confirm and as advised by mail order and gave me a replacement copy from their shelves. Unfortunately as many stores are likely to have sold out, not everyone will be as fortunate as I was...

Still no sign of the one I preordered on 17th August. It's not the first time I've been aware of shippings going wrong, but I'm very happy with the way mine got rectified!

The thing that gets me about this shipping is that they needed to be on time to stop posts like this. If a permanent release order gets messed up (either by courier, GW or whoever) there isn't usually the urgency as a replacement can be gotten later. The limited nature of Space Hulk meant that if it did not turn up on or before release day, people would want to make sure they were getting a copy...

wilsongrahams
09-09-2009, 16:13
I understand both points of view - in the victim's position almost everybody would be angry and upset, but you may also be able to see it's not their fault. Most of the problems seem to be in the US.

The only gripe I had is that I also ordered the novel and never recieved it - nor have I been charged but have not had any contact from them. I bought it in store in the end on the day of release (Space Hulk itself arrived two days earlier). As long as I don't get charged I'm not too fussed but if I had been unable to get the novel I'd have been just as angry and really annoyed at no contact. The mess ups may not be GW's fault but the contact and customer service is - they chose UPS as the deliverer so they are still accountable for fixing the errors made and making the customer happy whether by redelivery or free vouchers etc to pacify you. That's my opinion anyway.

loveless
09-09-2009, 16:45
I understand both points of view - in the victim's position almost everybody would be angry and upset, but you may also be able to see it's not their fault. Most of the problems seem to be in the US.

Really? Because most of the complaints seem to be coming from not the US :p Well, that or people are lying about their location.

*Reads own location* ...quiet, you.

wolf40k
09-09-2009, 16:55
I have always dealt with Canadian direct services which was based out of Oakville Ontario, and I have never had a problem, but they are being shut down for a North American only Direct services based out of Memphis, Tennessee.

So far the only thing I have received was Space Hulk from them(and it arrived 9 days before the releise date).
Maybe they are just having a problem with the switch over, who knows, just some food for thought.

athamas
09-09-2009, 17:30
just recived my other preorder..

i think the labour day weekend may have caused some things to be delayed more that would oterwise be expected...

loveless
09-09-2009, 18:43
Just got mine in over lunch break. Huge box - I guess I don't know what I was expecting, but everything seems...bigger?

Marines look to be in primo condition - I'm quite pleased with the Crux Terminatus detail. The AoBR ones had me reeling over the horrible quality of the Crux on every one, but the SH Terminators look great in that regard.

Genestealers looked fine - one had a snapped-off claw, but I found it at the bottom of the box (dang those cardboard sections are heavier than they look!). Clean break, nothing a little glue won't fix.

Mold lines are exactly as to be expected - present and slightly obnoxious. Looks like I've got my night planned out for me :p

Narius Phinshredder
09-09-2009, 18:57
Still not got my original ordered copy, luckily my local GW were kind enough to give me one from the shelf on the understanding that IF mine arrives, I take it back in! GW have screwed up big time with this one with a lot of people!

Znail
09-09-2009, 19:17
Given how many people have actually complained in this thread (less than 10) and how many of those have been problems with UPS / local post services (most of them), UPS probably wasn't a great choice with hindsight. However I can believe that the vast majority of customers who had it delivered had it arrive on time, even up to 9 days early. And I'll also wager that the vast majority of GW and FLG stores had their stuff arrive on time. My experience with couriers, which I have to deal with every day, is a heck of a lot worse than 10/100,000 (or however many they made).

I dont think that those who posted in this thread are the only ones who had trouble out of everyone who pre-ordered SH! Its not like everyone who did posts on this forum. I dont think there are much more then 100 or so who posts here in the SH forum, so 10 out of 100 is quite a diffrent number. Ofcourse, almost everyone who got it delivered by UPS are likely to get it late as UPS only delivers during working hours and thus if you are actualy working so arent you at home.

Archaon
09-09-2009, 22:42
My main problem isn't so much that i didn't get my SH on time. The problem is that "my" GW apparently doesn't care so much about me as a customer to try to rectify the problem in the shortest time possible but take the long route and just wait it out.

My experience with other companies with exceptional customer service is that if you don't get your product in time and with such a big delay you get something in return for your hassle.. a gift voucher, a small present or maybe a small product to make up for it.

All i got from GW is a Sorry and the announcement that it will be probably with the standard delivery on Thursday.. "probably" is the word and this already fills me with dread.

@krosha:

As you know by now i'm a logistics professional and we organize the logistics for our one main customer where we deal with his powertools.. we organize both full pallet loads and small shipments (up to the smallest replacement parts).

It is a pretty complicated business and we have tight cut offs each day meaning that some orders are so urgent they need to be shipped on time and if that doesn't happen and it merely goes out a day later we don't get our success bonus for that day but also much "fun" with out superiors and "fun" with our customer.

So no.. defend GW how much you like and cite your internal experience with them but there was a big mistake that happened and no one at GW or UPS deemed it necessary to solve this problem on time or even offer more than a simple "Sorry..".

This is why i'm upset because i know it was shoddy and amateurish and i can say that i would have lost my job long ago if i delivered such an important product almost a week later.. you just can't do that in adult professional world where a deadline means something and people have far less understanding and much more willingness to take their money elsewhere.

If GW would have mainly adult customers and real competition they'd have been long out of business with such abysmal customer service.

Additionally i'm not placing the fault solely on the lower employees.. the guy at the shop or those on the phone.. it is the duty of the person who has the GW logistics under control to react and solve this problem and they apparently failed or just didn't care enough because it isn't a big enough problem.

Ronin_eX
10-09-2009, 09:31
Finally got mine, and with that I wont have to deal with GW again unless they decide to put out an expansion.

Znail
10-09-2009, 12:14
Well, got mine finaly after getting the package id and a tripp to USP to pick it up. Would have been easier if I had just bought it from the indy store that had copies as late as yesterday.

ReaperOfSouls
10-09-2009, 13:24
I finally got mine yesterday after some serious calling to UPS. My girlfriend had a day off work yesterday and stayed home waiting for the delivery. Only to see on UPS webpage that the guy was at our door and couldn't get in, decided to neither use the access code that I gave to UPS or the mobile phone number to my girl friend. Instead he decided to leave.

Luckily my gf then got in touch with some kind of boss when she called to customer support again, an was promised to have it delivered anyway. But by then they had managed to lose the package in there warehouse and when they managed to find it it was to late for a delivery. But finally they ended up to pay a third party courier to get it to us 1 hour after they closed down for the day.

Dangersaurus
10-09-2009, 15:28
Got mine yesterday. All along FedEx said it would be here on the 9th (shipped on the 2nd - I thought they were the overnight company?), but I held out hope for early delivery. Ah, well. I'm just glad it's here for the weekend.

No damage, no missing pieces, no misprints, my timer even comes in close to 3 minutes, so I'm happy all around. Took about three hours to carefully punch everything out and piece together. Honestly if this had shown on the 5th I still wouldn't have got a game in because of all the assembly.

Archaon
10-09-2009, 19:17
Finally got a call by the GW shop that it has arrived... still my critique stands and it is only a reinforcement of my decision to leave GW as a customer in general (bar buying the occasional armybook and maybe paint).

Kebabyuchenko
22-09-2009, 17:06
GOT IT!

I am officially an idiot. I didn't put my house number on the order. GW fella was nice enough to send me out another one. (limited edition?)

Kebabyuchenko xxx

sparks
22-09-2009, 19:52
I'm still awaiting one that was sent via Royal Mail about 2 weeks ago. Anyone know where the strikes are happening? Just wondering if it's one of those '9 million' parcels that are currently not being delivered. It's a bit annoying as it was a commission, so the poor customer who has sent it to me (as my payment, we'll eventually do a model swap) as well as myself is getting very concerned!

Deathwing_Matt
22-09-2009, 20:55
The original one GW sent to me arrived late on Saturday afternoon. 2 Weeks late!!!!

The strikes are mainly effecting London and the home counties, although other places will be effected too...

wolf40k
23-09-2009, 05:55
GOT IT!

I am officially an idiot. I didn't put my house number on the order. GW fella was nice enough to send me out another one. (limited edition?)

Kebabyuchenko xxx

The entire release is limited edition.

Mojaco
23-09-2009, 10:58
I think he means that it curious he still send out another copy, despite it being limited edition. They should've ran out.

They probably have a pile of reserve copys.

grissom2006
23-09-2009, 13:13
They simply won't of sent out all the stock some will of been held back in case of miss packs and some going missing astray in the postal system. Companies tend to refer to such items as none saleable stock.