PDA

View Full Version : 3 Rules Questions

Kurisu313
08-09-2009, 10:09
Hi there, I'm new to Space HUlk, loved the look of it many moons ago when I was a little nipper, but couldn't afford it. Well I'm an adult now, and the re-release is awesome!

But there are a couple of rules questions I'm having trouble with.

In some missions, the genestealer player starts the game with a number of blips. How are these placed? Are they placed on the board or do they come on through an entry area like reinforcements?

Shooting essentially appears to be a free action, as long as it is combined with movement, is this correct? This appears to be the case, but I just want to be sure.

Does a flamed section automatically go out during the mission status phase? It seems so, but we get six flame markers in the box, which seems pointless if only one will be in play at any one time.

Thanks for any help.

KroSha
08-09-2009, 10:24
Starting blips are placed at normal entry points and can be moved as normal in the Stealer's first go, along with any reinforcement blips.

Correct; move and fire is a single action.

Yes, the flames go out at the end of a round. You can play more than one flame marker in a turn. E.g. The flamer is on overwatch just outside a room. Directly across there is a 2-tile corridor, then another room. There are no doors closed and the Flamer has full LOS to the far room. The stealer gets flamed just inside the door of the far room. The marker is placed to signify the room is on fire. The stealer survives and charges out the door onto the 2-tile corridor. The flamer fires again and a second marker is placed to show that the corridor is now alight. The stealer is very lucky and survives both this square and the next. He gets flamed again as he steps into the closer room and the Termie sighs as he finally goes down. Three board sections are now on fire from one turn.

eek107
08-09-2009, 10:32
There are six flame markers in order to keep track of how many shots you have fired. Because the heavy flamer can only fire six times, you just set aside each marker as it is used.

Kurisu313
08-09-2009, 10:35
Thank you for your help!

Leeman Russ
08-09-2009, 10:36
I was under the impression the Heavy Flamer couldn't be fired on Overwatch?

PeeKay
08-09-2009, 10:38
The Heavy Flamer can not go on overwatch and you can fire the flamer more than once in a turn.

blackbabyjesus
08-09-2009, 10:39
regardless of that fact, it CAN still be fired more than once in a turn, provided you have the APs/CPs to do so.

KroSha
08-09-2009, 10:40
Doh! Good point.

Leeman Russ
08-09-2009, 10:41
Ah yes, good points all round :)

blackbabyjesus
08-09-2009, 11:01
On a slightly different note, where abouts in Plymouth do you play Kurisu? I'm a Janner bey myself (although thankfully lacking the accent and track suit) and quite often come back to Plymouth of a weekend to catch up with friends.

Kurisu313
08-09-2009, 11:09
On a slightly different note, where abouts in Plymouth do you play Kurisu? I'm a Janner bey myself (although thankfully lacking the accent and track suit) and quite often come back to Plymouth of a weekend to catch up with friends.

I'm a member of the Plymouth Association of Wargamers (PAW)

http://www.plymouthwargamers.co.uk/Information.htm

blackbabyjesus
08-09-2009, 11:17
Ahh gotcha, I've been thinking of going along to PAW meeting for ages now, just been trying to get a sizeable enough army together to make it worth the trip.

With Space Hulk though I'll only need to paint a few terminators and some 'stealers.

Might see you in a couple of weekends.