PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Mods/Mapping Community

Cpt. Drill
11-09-2009, 00:44
Hi guys after seeing some cool custom missions and maps posted on here I couldnt help but think it would be good if we had some more organisation for them.

I have used computer game mods and custom maps for some time now and lots of them are laid out it order of rating, this way you can download stuff that have been rated highly by the masses.

Now im sure eveyone has seen the 3E Tileset mapper (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217976) and I can gaurentee that there are a few people out there that have truely original ideas for missions. There is also a thread rating system already built into this forum. So why not combine them and prolong the use of this awesome game by producing almost limitless missions and share them with the world!

Maybe if we can get enough support and enough people making maps we might be able to get a pure Maps subsection on this forum.

Hashshashin
11-09-2009, 00:57
This sounds great, I've already been thinking of creating a sort of Deathwing companion to the 3e SH but creating a group of missions that would be the story of the previous DW GM Gabriel's last stand on the Hulk 'Charnel Shrine."

Not only to have fun, but I thought it might be cool to have a campaign were the marines basically lose, or at least suffer great casualties. When I have a bit more free time soon I will start on it.

CRasterImage
11-09-2009, 01:20
We would need a way to separate versions of a map.

I don't know about others, but I anticipate criticisms when I release my map tonight or tomorrow. Which is to be expected. The first version is sort of a beta that needs playtesting.

The final version of a mission may be much different than the first draft.

Cpt. Drill
11-09-2009, 02:29
Either we could use the gaming style "Beta 1.2", "Beta 1.3" style posting. Even removing older versions of maps once a new one is published.

As for recieving comments and criticisms it would only be a good thing to help the maps get through the tweaking stage and deal with any balance issues.

WildAnimal
11-09-2009, 10:44
I'm ready to give some constructive criticisms and maybe even trying to make my own little mini campaign.

Im going to import Captain rules for sure!