PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk photos information?

JackMax97
11-09-2009, 23:03
Hi guys, I am interested in the new Space Hulk but its very pricey so I wanna know whether its good quality or not. So if people could post photos and information like are the models compatible with normal 40k, thanks:D!

Commanderxenos
11-09-2009, 23:11
the best photos are from games workshop site directly. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat180016a&prodId=prod210009a

check out what articles they have as well, you'll see many more. And it is by far worth the money. The models are nice, and the tiles are nice. They just arent nicely packed in the box.. As things are cramped! but things shouldnt be damaged either.

MasterDecoy
11-09-2009, 23:20
let me assure you that once you open the box, you will immidiatly see where all the money went....

Khorneflakes
11-09-2009, 23:46
yeah its a very nice buy, i like the fact that some of the tiles are "textured"

CthulhuDalek
12-09-2009, 00:30
As soon as I physically picked up the box I said "this FEELS like 100 bucks"

and when I opened it I saw over 160 dollars of models...

GimpMaster
12-09-2009, 04:28
the pictures do the figures absolutely no justice...

well worth $100

silashand
12-09-2009, 05:31
The models are compatible with 40K, but will require some re-basing. The bases they come with are non-standard, but shouldn't be too hard to convert if that's what you want.

Eldoriath
12-09-2009, 05:40
It's worth it's bucks in terms of quality. High detailed models and sturdy, thick cardboard tiles for gaming table. The only thing that feels a bit "flimsy" are the rule and mission books, but I wouldn't worry too much about that.

OrlyggJafnakol
12-09-2009, 06:27
IMO Space Hulk is the best quality release in gaming from GW since 1990's Realm of Chaos. The miniatures are outstanding. Each one is characterful and well designed.

Wintermute
12-09-2009, 07:18
I've moved this thread to the Space Hulk Forum.

Wintermute

Patriarch
12-09-2009, 10:57
The models are compatible with 40K, but will require some re-basing. The bases they come with are non-standard, but shouldn't be too hard to convert if that's what you want.

There's no requirement to re-base them - in fact if you want to stick to RAW you aren't allowed to. WH40k requires you to use the bases provided with each miniature - the SH models come with integral bases already!

grissom2006
12-09-2009, 11:18
Well worth it a classic game that can be played again and again. But i will say i your chances of getting a copy now without paying a load will be slim.

snottlebocket
12-09-2009, 11:50
Well worth it a classic game that can be played again and again. But i will say i your chances of getting a copy now without paying a load will be slim.

Pish Posh, most brick and mortar stores have stacks lying around, there's over a half a dozen in our store alone and most other stores I've heard from have similar surplusses.

The only reason people are making such a killing on ebay is because of other idiots buying at those prices despite store copies being available everywhere.

Photographer
12-09-2009, 13:56
The genestealers' backs are a bit flat which makes dry brushing hard, but they're still excllent models.

Bookwrak
12-09-2009, 14:16
I don't think that word means what you think it means. :p

Most GW stores, as well as quite a few independent shops still have multiple copies. I'm expecting you're going to be able to walk into a store and buy a copy until the holidays, when the last of them will get bought up.