PDA

View Full Version : rules question, possibly uncovered

torn
12-09-2009, 11:33
Ok i was thinking to myself last night what would happen if you had a blip in a room, out of LOS, which got flamed. it would die on a 2+ right?

simple enough

but what if you are playing the broodlord mission, and it is a 3 blip in the room, and it got flamed. would it die as a blip as usual? And what if it was your last 3 blip therefore your last chance to bring the broodlord on?

Im thinking that its nice that you can use any 3 blip to bring on the broodlord, but for this situation possibly marking the underside, with a small sticker or something, would really come in handy.

Patriarch
12-09-2009, 11:49
It would die as a blip only. It only becomes the Broodlord when converted, and a flamed blip never gets the chance. Hence it wasn't the Broodlord in the room which got flamed.

If for some reason you only have a finite number of blips, it means the Broodlord never got the chance to appear in the game, same as if you had never chosen to upgrade any of your 3-blips.

If you ever upgrade one of your blip sets as letters to represent hybrids and the like, then killing the blip would kill whatever it was supposed to represent.

wilsongrahams
12-09-2009, 12:05
I agree with patriarch - your own fault for leaving it too late basically.

neXus6
12-09-2009, 12:11
Yeah it only really becomes an issue where you have limited blips, or if the marines complete their mission before you get another 3blip on.

The simple answer is don't use 3 stealer blips as flamer bait when you've got a broodlord avaliable.
:p

torn
12-09-2009, 17:22
yeah thats what i was thinking just thought id make sure

another one that came up in a game today, if on guard, do you still get a re-roll if your not facing your opponent? do sergeants still get the +1?

wilsongrahams
12-09-2009, 17:44
No, both only apply to the front as stated in the rules. Personally I think both should apply but they don't.

torn
12-09-2009, 18:17
thats the problem. in the rules nowhere under guard does it state it can only be used to the front, the same with the sergeants +1. all i can find is that you cant get weapon bonus's unless the stealer is attacking from the front.

wilsongrahams
12-09-2009, 18:23
On page 14 it states at the bottom under SPACE MARINE SERGEANT BONUS that it applies 'in a close assault against an enemy to the front.'

It also states on page 21 that the bonus only applies to the front for lightning claws, thunder hammer, and on page 22 for the axe.

However you are right - under Guard entry it does not state front only. I was getting confused with Block which is the Storm Shield - only to the front.

From this I'd say that Guard is allowed from all directions. And it should do rightly else why would we bother?