PDA

View Full Version : Copies still available

carlospictor
12-09-2009, 12:18
Have just returned from GW Winchester, where despite myself I picked up a second set of Space Hulk. They still had 11 copies left after I bought mine.

Might be useful for anyone planning on getting another copy soon.

doghouse
12-09-2009, 12:31
Yeah there do seem to be a number of copies still floating about. GW Basingstoke had about fifteen copies when I went in there on wednesday. No idea if they had any more stock out back though.
Come pay day I may pick up another if they still got any.

torn
12-09-2009, 12:46
GW metrocentre had 2 copies on the shelf and 2 in the window when i went. He kind of implied that stocks were low, but i assumed there was still some left out in the back.

In my mind though i feel these will all be sold out by next year, and if anyone knows what its like trying to get hold of a good copy of any old GW stuff (space hulk, man-o-war, warhammer quest etc) if you want a copy, or a second copy id suggest getting it ASAP.

Lion El Jason
12-09-2009, 13:26
6 in GW Bolton.

Despite this a regular at the store sold one on ebay for 300.

kaimarion
12-09-2009, 13:44
6 in GW Bolton.

Don't know why but I think he's talking out his bum :p.
I'll be heading to Glasgow tomorrow will see if they have any copies left.

Xyxox
12-09-2009, 14:05
There are at least ten copies displayed prominently in each of the Chicagoland stores here in the former colonies.

Bookwrak
12-09-2009, 14:13
I'm expecting that Christmastime is when the last of the inventory gets sold.

torn
12-09-2009, 16:20
6 in GW Bolton.

yeah thats rubbish ive been keeping an eye of ebay and no copies have gone for more than 100, although split sets could in theory reach about 150.

wilsongrahams
12-09-2009, 17:36
I'd agree it is highly unlikely. When I get paid on tuesday I'm going to look into getting a second copy for myself if I can find one at a store - going to call all the local ones up and ask first before I head down. I'll post here with the locations and quantities if any do.

Altair
12-09-2009, 17:39
GW Leeds still have some in store too (at least half a dozen), tho with 1 less now after I bought one :)

Patriarch
12-09-2009, 21:34
GW Preston were out Friday afternoon :(

Then again I suppose that means they all went to good homes (or eBay).

lagoon83
12-09-2009, 22:27
GW Windsor's got a few.

Dezartfox
12-09-2009, 22:36
GW Hull are sold out, my friend grabbed the last one today they had back, the guy who had his name on it hadn't picked it up!!
They were going to sell it to a rich jerk kid who had already bought three...

forthegloryofkazadekrund
12-09-2009, 22:50
yeah thats rubbish ive been keeping an eye of ebay and no copies have gone for more than 100, although split sets could in theory reach about 150.

All sold items, so they do go for about double, more than the 100 youve seen
but a lot less than the 300 someone said

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Space-Hulk_W0QQitemZ220476564198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_To ys_Wargames_RL?hash=item33556d62e6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPACE-HULK-2009-LIMITED-EDITION-NEW-UNOPENED_W0QQitemZ290347682427QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item439a120a7b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPACE-HULK-Limited-edition-from-Gamesworkshop_W0QQitemZ370256364946QQcmdZViewItemQ QptZUK_Toys_Wargames_RL?hash=item5634ffc592&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

torn
12-09-2009, 23:08
that is not only crazy, but also stupid. there are buy it nows cheaper than that. 130 might be average'ish but 200? why would anyone?

edit:also the copies i were keeping an eye on were for auctions not buy it nows, and if something was stupidly highly priced i did ignore, so i apolagise for my earlier haste in my posting.

wilsongrahams
13-09-2009, 15:14
GW Leamington told me they had loads left today. Going there Tuesday to get my second copy for conversions and larger maps. Space Hulk is designed to be played not stored or used for profit after all!

scarletsquig
13-09-2009, 16:46
The resellers are going to make a killing out of this one.

I know someone who bought 50... yep, that's 3 grand's worth, got them all stacked up neatly in a cupboard. He figured that the price wouldn't exactly be going down anytime soon, so it made sense as a serious investment.

Looks like was right, too... GW didn't make nearly enough of these.

He said he wouldn't be bothering if they make another limited edition game though, he thinks they'll make a larger amount next time after the success of Space Hulk, so there's a chance any resellers could get burnt.

I am kinda hoping that GW does a u-turn and does another release of it, would be pretty funny for all the smug gits sitting on a garage full of them.

OrlyggJafnakol
13-09-2009, 16:59
He said he wouldn't be bothering if they make another limited edition game though, he thinks they'll make a larger amount next time after the success of Space Hulk, so there's a chance any resellers could get burnt.

I can think of no other game GW produced that has the same following as Space Hulk, except for Bloodbowl. Bloodbowl seems the most obvious candidate for a plush re-release. I think GW got Space Hulk right. I suspect they have produced just enough copies to please veterans and new players. There will be plenty of copies of 3rd edition available over the next few years in a reasonable condition to please new converts to the game. I wouldn't consider 50 copies of Space Hulk a sound investment but good luck to the bloke.

Catferret
14-09-2009, 05:12
I can think of no other game GW produced that has the same following as Space Hulk, except for Bloodbowl.

Warhammer Quest. Still sells for silly money on Ebay. Still gets played regularly by groups. I'd love it if WHQ got the Space Hulk treatment.

Back on topic: GW Edinburgh still had over 10 copies of Space Hulk at close of business on Thursday. Not checked back since then though. May still be some there if people are still looking to avoid silly Ebay prices.

wilsongrahams
14-09-2009, 08:53
I'd buy WHQ if they rerealeased it. I have never played it before having not been into fantasy back in the day, but I always enjoyed reading the White Dwarf articles and wishing there was a proper 40k alternative. Now I play fantasy too, I have been wanting to give it a try. If it had the SH treatment with amazing models and sturdier pieces it would be straight at the top of my buying list.

TimLeeson
14-09-2009, 15:05
Yeah there do seem to be a number of copies still floating about. GW Basingstoke had about fifteen copies when I went in there on wednesday. No idea if they had any more stock out back though.
Come pay day I may pick up another if they still got any.

Basingstoke in Hampshire ? thats where I live :) wasnt aware anyone else around here was from there! cool...

Matt121
14-09-2009, 16:01
Plenty available in GW Blanchardstown in the Emerald Isle though i suspect this has more to do with the fact that its in a shopping centre & its clientele are usually kids who wouldn't have been a glint in Daddys eye when it first came out & who 'just don't get it'

Mojaco
14-09-2009, 16:05
I know someone who bought 50... yep, that's 3 grand's worth, got them all stacked up neatly in a cupboard. He figured that the price wouldn't exactly be going down anytime soon, so it made sense as a serious investment.
This is why GW should place a limit on sales. Online ticket offices have all sorts of measures to prevent this from happening, as it's very easy money for the unethical.

The Office also had an episode about this. Ofcourse, Dwight was the one doing the re-selling.

GrimDog
14-09-2009, 23:48
there are still like 35 copies at my lgs

daemonkin
15-09-2009, 11:41
About 20 left in GW Belfast as far as the staffer could make out. I picked up a 3rd copy just because. Will store it for a future time, maybe ebay, maybe not.

@Majaco: This is a capitalist market, if you have the means to acquire 50 boxes then why not? The seller has 3k tied up in product so will need to sell them all to release that money. Good luck to him.

D.

Lion El Jason
15-09-2009, 22:34
Don't know why but I think he's talking out his bum :p.

He could be, a staff member told me he was bragging in the store about selling it.

xowainx
16-09-2009, 10:08
This is why GW should place a limit on sales. Online ticket offices have all sorts of measures to prevent this from happening, as it's very easy money for the unethical.

And yet, go to any major concert in the UK or the US and there will still be plenty of scalpers outside with handfulls of tickets. It would be near impossible for GW to achieve this, there would be no way of stopping someone going to multiple stores and paying with cash, buying multiple copies from the same store over different days through different members of staff with cash, sending family members/friends to buy extra copies, buying from independants etc. At the end of the day it would cost GW a large amount of time and money to set up a system that could be easily decieved, when at the end of the day, it matters very little to them how many copies an individual buys, as long as they are receiving all the money from them.

daemonkin
16-09-2009, 10:33
Wasn't there a Simpsons episode where Homer landed on a tropical island and gave one kid a bottle cap and suddenly everyone wanted one so he shipped a load in but someone disguised himself and got another and then everyone wanted 2 so...

Life parodies art which parodies life!

D.

The Clairvoyant
16-09-2009, 10:59
i heard yesterday that someone bought the last 25 or so copies from the canterbury store.

I'm guessing he didn't buy all those sets to play a massive hulk game...

Bookwrak
16-09-2009, 14:26
Sounds more like an unfounded rumor more than anything else, and if someone did, I think the joke's going to be on him. I think it's looking like GW pretty accurately judged what the demand for the game was going to be, so there's not going to be a red-hot second hand market for it. So anybody out there who bought 25-50 sets of the game hoping to make a killing on e-bay are going to be sitting on a small bedroom worth of boxes for a long time.

zedeyejoe
16-09-2009, 22:15
Looks like Space Hulk has been a success.

Donkey Killer
17-09-2009, 17:31
Come on guys we are talking about GW here how limited an edition do you think this is really going to be

I reckon with the success they have had with this 75000 they will do an unlimited version with differant models in etc They are after all a buisness and they want/need to make money.

That option is here for them and they will be silly if they do not capatilise on this like they do everything else.
Ive been around this hobby nearly 25 years now so perhaps im just cynical

But some of these copies going for 200 is just plain stupid

I was ok i still have my 2x copies of version 1 plus both the add ons Ok the models are nowhere near as nice but the rules seem to be the same

Told you i had been around a long time

Bookwrak
17-09-2009, 20:19
They are after all a buisness and they want/need to make money.
If you'd been paying any attention to the discussions on this, you'd realize the above statement is precisely why we're probably not going to be seeing another run on this.

sparks
17-09-2009, 22:05
anyone know of any in the norfolk area? or are stores willing to ship copies to other GWs? Gettin paid tmw and it looks like the copy I'm supposed to be gettin in exchange for a commission has been lost in the post (it's nearly been 2 weeks :()

VanHel
18-09-2009, 02:25
Well, the comicbook shop I go to got three copies in: I got one and two more are sitting on the shelf.

BigBadBull
18-09-2009, 15:57
In the US it is not an issue to get it...

Stores can still order them with out an issue from GW, and most store in my area still have about half of their first orders left....

Some table top board game specialty stores are even carrying them...
After the initial "got to have it" buys , I don't know how well it will do here...
$100 is a bunch for a board game.

Dwarf Supreme
18-09-2009, 16:28
$100 is a bunch for a board game.

It sure is. It made me think twice about buying it, especially since I have the first two editions.

spaint2k
19-09-2009, 10:53
I dunno. While I agree that it's pricey, I honestly feel that it was reasonably-priced in terms of what I got in the box. However, I don't have any earlier editions to make me think twice about buying the current one.

doghouse
19-09-2009, 18:24
I think that it is great value for money. The main thing that I've noticed is that people are looking at it in terms of miniatures rather than as a fantastic board game.
If they have any left come pay day I probably will pick up another copy but to keep in the cupboard for myself rather than to resell later.

Urza
19-09-2009, 19:06
I got a second copy (for a friend's moving in present) today from GW Tunbridge Wells.

There were still at least 6 or so more copies left in the store after I bought mine.

You've got to laugh at all the muppets who are buying the terminators on eBay for more than the price of the box when there are still copies freely available in the shops! :)

azraelezekiel
20-09-2009, 19:57
Been into my local GW today for some wash.
As they always harass me with the annoying what can I help you with fella? (GGGRRR).
I thought I would take the opportunity to see what the situation is with the availabilty of SH.
The young gent (use of deodrant is not a crime punishable by the Inquistion) informed me that whilst they had none in stock they would be getting some in by next Friday.
When I quizzed him further in the 'sold-out' statement he sadi they had pulled in some favours to get them, lol, I simply responded 'BOLLOX'.

This is all hype, GW have loads of surplus copies within the company you just need to ask.
As for paying over 60 for it on eBay, they do say that a fool and his money are soon parted!!!

m_r_parker
20-09-2009, 20:10
I was in Salisbury this morning, and they still had 7 copies left on the shelf.

Monachus
20-09-2009, 21:34
I went into my local store today and they are about a dozen copies behind with pre-sales still,
apprently they recieved about 30 copies less then they actually pre-sold and are still having to try to get them from other stores

grimcrazy
20-09-2009, 21:36
I misread that as 'Sainsburys' (dam dyslexia) :)

space hulk in the supermarket - if only...

lagoon83
21-09-2009, 00:33
As they always harass me with the annoying what can I help you with fella? (GGGRRR).

Maybe try a t-shirt saying "don't talk to me, I'm averse to that kind of thing"? Or a badge, or a sandwich board?

This is all hype, GW have loads of surplus copies within the company you just need to ask.

They actually seem to be getting pretty thin on the ground now. People are having to range pretty far and wide to get htem.

As for paying over 60 for it on eBay, they do say that a fool and his money are soon parted!!!

...I can't disagree with this in the slightest. People are crazy.

eriochrome
21-09-2009, 12:58
Here in the states they just announced the sell out last week for online and I stopped in a local GW store which had at least 8 copies(display area was full). Probably had more in the back.

azraelezekiel
21-09-2009, 14:11
Maybe try a t-shirt saying "don't talk to me, I'm averse to that kind of thing"? Or a badge, or a sandwich board?

Maybe letting me set a foot into the store before they pounce!

MIGHTYPanhead
21-09-2009, 18:23
When I quizzed him further in the 'sold-out' statement he sadi they had pulled in some favours to get them, lol, I simply responded 'BOLLOX'.

He's telling the truth.

They're shifting stock from slow-moving stores to ones that are selling loads.

I heard it straight from the source, and it's even more believable since our store has shipped some of theirs off ;)

Catferret
22-09-2009, 00:19
Edinburgh had to give some of their stock to Dundee. Poor Dundee staffer who came to collect them had to carry 6 boxes of Space Hulk to the train station. I feel really sorry for the guy after feeling the weight of just 2 boxes. He must have had arms like a gorilla after that.

ScooterinAB
22-09-2009, 01:35
I just picked up my copy yesterday, at a gaming store in Osaka, Japan (you heard me right). Breath taking.

Anyways, I fluked out, because I was in the store just after launch, and they said that the pile of boxes (maybe 10 or so) were a 2nd order, and were already claimed. They also said that I could try to put my name down for a 3rd order. Anyways, when I picked mine up, there were 4 more left from that order, and who knows how many were sold before I got there.

Odd that Space Hulk would sell so well in Japan (of all places), even with English only rules. But I gots me a copy for 13000 Yen, which ain't too bad. Now to get it back to Canada...

Dexter099
22-09-2009, 01:48
Scooter, many of the Japanese take it upon themselves to speak English, plus it's good for them to practice their English.

wilsongrahams
23-09-2009, 15:43
I called around all my local stores to see if any had some in. Merry Hill had sold out. Coventry had sold out. Leamington had 'some' - wouldn't say how many. Birmingham had sold out. West Brom or Wolverhampton - can't remember which - had six. Some stores have simply sold out before others but whilst other stores have them they can get them from them. It depends if the staff are bothered to get them for you or just say 'sold out'. Once ALL stores have sold out, this will be all over.

For the record, I personally did then go and get a second box so that I have the extra tiles needed to play the Sword of Halcyon campaign, and also to swap the torso's and arms and make new and unique models to join my Blood Angels First Company - already six squads...

torn
23-09-2009, 22:26
Edinburgh had to give some of their stock to Dundee. Poor Dundee staffer who came to collect them had to carry 6 boxes of Space Hulk to the train station. I feel really sorry for the guy after feeling the weight of just 2 boxes. He must have had arms like a gorilla after that.

you would think they would have sent someone who had a car . . .

Dexter099
23-09-2009, 23:50
Four in one of my LGS's, none in the other.

MIGHTYPanhead
24-09-2009, 02:17

GW staff live and breathe off of the abuse of co-workers (in good fun, but still). 10$ says he was the newest guy they had ;)

Max1mum
24-09-2009, 06:32
Most likely a key timer looking for some extra

who figured he could make a couple of 'easy' hours pay by lounging in the train ;-).

Patriarch
27-09-2009, 11:06
Preston GW had restocked Friday, so I got another one!

hereticdave
05-10-2009, 14:07
SentryBox in Calgary [Canada] still has about 10 copies as of this weekend so i picked up a second set for myself :)

AndrewGPaul
05-10-2009, 15:11

Could be worse - he could have been bringing them to the Edinburgh store. There's quite a hill between the station and the GW.

guy_cheung
08-10-2009, 12:49
I went into my local GW in central London yesterday and they have them back in stock, I guess they are not really sold out afterall.

thefan
08-10-2009, 16:43
Be patiant. There oout there at 99.99. I just got offered another one on another site for 110.00 shipped. Since I have picked up 2 sets I don't need another. Looking for more older sets myself. Don

modian63rd
09-10-2009, 02:29
I managed to get mine at the shop in Waterloo although it wasn't included in their 25% off sale :(

Dexter099
12-10-2009, 17:52
Still two left at my store.

toee66
13-10-2009, 18:30
hey guys first post , gw online australia still have copies left i got mine last week still many avaliable.

toee66
13-10-2009, 18:31
however forgot to mentioned that its $165 austalian dollars . prob more expensive then other places besides the absurd prices you see on ebay.