PDA

View Full Version : Guard and Command Points?

wilsongrahams
12-09-2009, 17:02
A situation arose today.

What do you think should be allowed?

Gideon is on guard. A stealer runs right up to him and stops. (Out of action points)

Gideon is allowed to use a command point to make an action as he has seen the stealer perform one (it's last move into the space infront of him).

Gideon uses a cp to attack in combat. Does he get the reroll from being on guard? He is making another action so would lose it, but guard rule states guard is not lost if a marine is involved in combat but doesn't state whether this is only being attacked by multiple stealers or if he engages using a cp.

torn
12-09-2009, 17:20
I would say he loses it. Like shooting and overwatch are seperate actions etc.

wilsongrahams
12-09-2009, 17:27
True. Plus after a closer look at the rulebook whilst answering someone else's question it does say under guard 'if attacked by a stealer' so you are right, as was I in the mission as I didn't allow it and lost him, but I thought I should check. I prefer to check after a mission and keep the game flowing. It is only a game after all!

AndrewGPaul
12-09-2009, 17:29
Page 15:
"Guard Actions
If he carries out any other actions he loses the guard counter"

Since a Close Assault action is a different action from a Guard action, it goes away.

wilsongrahams
12-09-2009, 17:34
I can see clearly now I'm reading to help others but I had reread it a couple times before asking and totally misread or missed it! The excitement of preparing for tonight's mission I think!