PDA

View Full Version : Space hulk collected reference point to WD articles.

grissom2006
13-09-2009, 15:18
Ok this will in no means be a complete list of where to find articles in White Dwarf but I hope it will help those trying to track down them and also that the list will be expanded upon. All these are from the UK White Dwarf so I can’t say if different regions will or won’t of had them in the same issues.

WD114 Introduces us to Pitfall a two level version of the game complete with ladders, pitfalls and rubble counters also disposal chute maps sections. Afore mentioned we’re on a page to be cut out and pasted.

WD115 Gives us the grenade launcher and grenade types other wargear is listed but is now in the current game as well as a Terminator Captain (extra time to do your moving). It also gives us the Delayed Action mission a summary sheet plus ammo and psi counters.

WD120 Brings us the rules for standard Marines to be played in full rules complete with Denzark’s Hammer mission and summary sheet.

WD 121/2 See’s Traitor Terminators given their turn in the game, mission generator scenarios and mission generator campaign

WD133 See’s Genestealers Invasion this is included elements of Deathwing and Genestealer in it 3 separate missions and crates come into play.

WD135 Is more of Genestealer Invasion my WD collection is mostly packed away so can’t say if WD134 has more as well.

WD137 The Last Stand Missions huge full campaign map broken down into 4 missions.

WD138 Necromunda campaign version in SH, two more additions of rooms, 6 Missions to play.

WD142 & 144 Space Hulk FAQ.

WD147 Space Wolf orientated campaign. Cut out sections for new room new type of corridor T-junction, barricades, and two more corridors on with two entry points the other with a bend to it.

WD149 Strike Deep Missions, more new corridor sections and another two rooms and more counters

WD158 More Space Wolf based missions with Return to Kalidus.

WD197 2nd Edition SH Introduction of Air ducts in to game plus Defilement of Honour Campaign 3 missions.

WD199/200/201 Each contain 3 Additional Missions in each issue.
Bringer of Sorrow Campaign (needs multiple CATs)
Fangs of Fenris Campaign
Duty and Honor Campaign (needs a Gantry Room tile)

WD203 The Fate of the Sword of Halcyon campaign has 5 missions.

Amazing to see how quickly WD support on the 2nd edition dropped off so quickly.

Well that’s a start hope it comes in handy I will add to this as and when I can and if I get the chance to I will produce and add pictures. I'll also endeavour to produce the mission outlines and maps but will not be copying word for word these just the bullet points that get across whats needed. Map sections i will reproduce as replica's to how they was shaped in but will do my best to keep them more akin to the new ones.

AndrewGPaul
13-09-2009, 15:26
You're missing:

WD 121 rules for Traitor Terminators in Space Hulk (part 1 of the article in WD 122)

See this index of Space Hulk articles in White Dwarf (http://www.gamehobby.net/subject_indexes/subject_space_hulk.html).

StefDa
13-09-2009, 15:33
I would *********** love to get more Space Hulk stuff - seeing more types of "good guys" would be awesome. Eldar, power armour Marines, Chaos Terminators, damn.

Deathwing_Matt
13-09-2009, 15:36
Any way of getting these articles online or some way, as the copies of WD are very old?

grissom2006
13-09-2009, 15:39
You're missing:

WD 121 rules for Traitor Terminators in Space Hulk (part 1 of the article in WD 122)

See this index of Space Hulk articles in White Dwarf (http://www.gamehobby.net/subject_indexes/subject_space_hulk.html).

I do kind of have every single Issue going since WD50 to get through and most are packed in boxes at the moment and as pointed out in another thread some of whats on the link isn't 100%. I'm still kind of cursing at not finding the one with Eldar in it and the Imperial Guard one so far but i will persist.

Deathwing_Matt if as and when i get the chance i will post pictures.

Charax
13-09-2009, 15:44
there were also quite a few cool articles in Citadel Journal back in the day (including rules for Imperial Guard & Eldar that were rather cool)
1, 2, 3, 5, 25 & 28 are the ones I remember off the top of my head (25 and 28 being for second edition, obviously)

EDIT: here are some that were missing from the OP list:
WD 117: Close Combat Weapon rules
WD 138: Necromunda campaign
WD 142 & WD 144: Space Hulk FAQ

That's it for First Edition ones. do we want a list of 2nd edition articles too?

grissom2006
13-09-2009, 17:30
More the merrier Charax i just updated the list was in to minds about WD138 and whether or not to include it. But i'm down another box and only 3 more to go to see if i can find more articles.

Charax
13-09-2009, 17:39
2nd edition articles:
WD 197: Defilement of Honour Campaign (with Air Ducts)
WD 199: Bringer of Sorrow Campaign (needs multiple CATs)
WD 200: Fangs of Fenris Campaign
WD 201: Duty and Honor Campaign (needs a Gantry Room tile)
WD 203: The Fate of the Sword of Halcyon campaign
Seems like the 2nd edition articles are all new campaigns.

AndrewGPaul
13-09-2009, 22:34
I wonder if it would be possible to list the Chapters involved in the various campaigns? Just out of interest.

IIRC, of the 2nd edition campaigns:
Spawn Of Execration: Blood Angels
[the other one from the game]: Blood Angels
Defilement of Honour: Blood Angels
Bringer of Sorrow: Deathwing
Fangs of Fenris: Space Wolves
Duty And Honour: Ultramarines
Fate of The Sword Of Halcyon: Blood Angels

grissom2006
14-09-2009, 17:02
Well played about a little with photoshop today to start working on replica rooms and corridor sections. Good news is i should be able to do large rooms and wide corridors like we got from the old 1st Edition add ons. Scaling may be a slight issue so far it's a little on the large side but i'll play about with it a some more later on.
Heres a basic sample though:D

ceimeifukan
14-09-2009, 18:57
there's a WD somewhere between 207 and 250 I think which had a cardboard section in it for some sort of lava pit ????

ring any bells?

grissom2006
14-09-2009, 19:11
Yes it does ring bells but i'm not going to risk the posting of it but will make be doing a variation on it.
The section your after i think is in this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217976&page=7

Ending up looking at sections from the Old Space Crusade board sections wondered if SH type versions of those would go down well.

Hellfury
14-09-2009, 21:46
Complete and exhaustive Space Hulk Mission Index can be found HERE (http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Space%20Hulk%20Mission%20Summary).

Avian
15-09-2009, 14:05
Post with link to copies of copyrighted material (and follow-ups) removed.

-The Moderators

grissom2006
15-09-2009, 18:26
Well inbetween lots of things today i'm supprised i found anytime to try and produce a board section but i did the scales off and the join less than perfect but i'm not a graphic artist. Another protype section added not sure if i should make the room bigger still. Next image i'm planning to use as Plasma grenade markers, then a large room but i'm very tempted to make it bigger before attempting to give them real borders.

Despoiler
16-09-2009, 11:32
heres a site with a few wd and journal info for space crusade, space hulk 1st ed and space hulk 2nd ed. not sure if theres anything new but its a complete list

http://www.gamehobby.net/subject_indexes/subject_space_hulk.html