PDA

View Full Version : Mission 3

antinice
13-09-2009, 21:37
I've played mission 3 twice. Both times the Marines got plowed. Yet I saw on another thread that some consider mission 3 easy for the marines!

The general play is one squad tries to go to the left. Inevitably, at least one marine bites it as he tries to hold the corridor for his pals. In the meantime, the other squad races up the right corridor and usually secures the adjoining corridor/entry points without too much trouble.

Now the marines are in the first room, with one overwatching the left entry point hallway and another overwatching the right entry point hallway. I get a marine in overwatch in the first corridor north of the room but I can't seem to make any progress thereafter.

Any hints on how to get the marines past the central section of the board?

wilsongrahams
14-09-2009, 08:35
Both squads need to cover the rears and advance upon the middle to preven t the stealers massing there. Gideon's squad can cover their entry points easily and the rest move forwards to secure the top left ones. Remember there are two corridors per squad and so you don't have to block everyone behind by lining up. Once squad Lorenzo only has to worry about two entry areas, the other two marines can happily march forwards led by the sergeant. The Cat is best carried by the flamer as he can defend himself best whilst help arrives.

wilsongrahams
14-09-2009, 08:39
As long as you can block the entry points by squad Gideon with a marine, the stealers can't jam up the board. Squad lorenzo can wait it out indefinetely til gideon's men can clear the way for them. This is one mission that the marines need to play carefully and only rush forwards with one squad not both.