PDA

View Full Version : Need your help. Missing pages please help me design a few games to play.

HsojVvad
13-09-2009, 23:50
Hello all. in my other post, I asked jokingly about missing staples. To my surprise, I am not alone and we are missing pages. Well me and my kids want to play now, but I have no idea how to start. I am assuming missions 1 is like a starter mission and get harder each mission.

I am missing missions 1-4.

So if you guys can, can you tell me how to start mission one if you are allowed, and if not because of IP laws, can you make me a starter mission for me and my kids to slowly get into? I have no idea where to start. I don't know how many Marines I should start with, how many Stealers to start with.

So you can, can you please make a few scenarios for me, stating how many Marines to start with, how many stealers to start with, and roughly where to start the Marines and Stealers.

Thank you very much fo any help you can give.

grissom2006
14-09-2009, 10:16
Call up GW and they should send you a replacement or at least be able to send you a Email of them. 1-800-394-4263

Also look here as this is GW's 13th Mission which is about how to creat your own missions http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=700024a

AndrewGPaul
14-09-2009, 11:52
While you're waiting for the replacement, Google for Space Hulk fan sites, or check Boardgamegeek.com

There are quite a few places with scans available. With the exception of Escape Mission (new) and Pitfall (originally published in WD 114), the other 10 missions in the 3rd edition game are from the 1st edition Sin Of Damnation campaign or from the Deathwing expansion (Broken Knife's Duty campaign). The names are unchanged, with the exception of the Artefact mission (was called The Captain's Log in Deathwing). The only Deathwing mission not included in the new set is C.A.T. Hunt (because it uses 3 C.A.Ts, and you only get one in the box).

HsojVvad
14-09-2009, 15:37
Thanks guys for the replies. I just got off the phone from them, and now I have to wait for the replacement to show up in the mail.

I will check out the sites you guys said, thanks for the help.

Patriarch
14-09-2009, 17:28
In some ways the 1st mission is quite a lot to take on for a novice gamer - in terms of special rules (particularly the flamer and sergeant). If your children are quite young and/or new to wargaming (rather than just Space Hulk), whilst you are waiting for your mission book, you might want to invent a very simple mission using just storm bolter marines.

Say, a simple map set up, 3 SB Marines, the objective is to get at least one marine from one side of the board to the other. The stealers (you) get 1 blip per turn and are trying to kill all of them.

Very simple, and no need to be balanced - the point being for everyone to get a hang of the basic rules. Once they've had a few goes with this, put them on Suicide Mission (no.1 in the book when it arrives).

HsojVvad
14-09-2009, 19:48
That sounds great Patriarch. That is what I will do.