PDA

View Full Version : How many Stealers are needed?

Darnok
15-09-2009, 14:12
I must confess I never played SH before, and I wonder how many stealer models are actually needed on average for the different missions. Are the models from one box enough, or do you need more? I know you need only models for the stealers actually on the board, so this translates to the question: are there missions for which you need more than roughly 20 stealers at any one time?

mattjgilbert
15-09-2009, 14:23
No - the rules state that the models you get in the box are your limit for use in a mission(although you can obviously have blips in play at the same time). See page 17.

AndrewGPaul
15-09-2009, 15:33
Note that the total number of 'stealers in the blip set is 44 (or 41 and a Broodlord), although IIRC, the blip pool isn't considered finite.

mattjgilbert
15-09-2009, 15:43
Not all the time :) Some missions will say it's finite (mission 2 iirc).

scarletsquig
15-09-2009, 22:56
No - the rules state that the models you get in the box are your limit for use in a mission(although you can obviously have blips in play at the same time). See page 17.

I'm skipping that rule (whenever playing marines, anyway), I've got a ton of spare stealers from the macragge box lying around and want a use for them. Swarms of the things look better. :)

Darnok
15-09-2009, 23:05

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I just couldn't find it at first (or even second) glance.

grissom2006
16-09-2009, 08:52
Something is going horribly wrong in the game if you actually need to have extra stealer models in the standard missions.

LostTemplar
16-09-2009, 09:13
Basically, you can't have more than 22 active genestealers (23 with the broodlord) in a game, but they are unlimited, as in, once they die, a reinforcement blip may turn up to give your more, just never going past the 22 mark. some missions may have a limit, such as mission 2.