PDA

View Full Version : Created Missions

stormtrooper154
16-09-2009, 13:05
Now that many of us have had a chance to play around with CRasterImages map maker, I thought Id open a thread where people can submit missions that they have created and where other members can help tweak them to perfection.

Ive come up with 3 so far, as part of a rolling campaign. Im thinking of tweaking the forces the marines have depending on who survives the previous mission. But Id like to get the mechanics of the missions working first.

The missions I have created are based on having two sets of the game, but the map can be tweaked if required.

Heres the first mission:

I think I need to compress the other missions to fit them on here. . .

AFnord
16-09-2009, 14:13
I have not playtested this mission, but from the looks of it, it leans heavily in the favour of the stealers. 4 starter blips is a lot, and having to protect a servitor makes it even harder. Still, it would be interesting to hear what other people have to say about it. It takes 28 APs to reach the goal (if walking and opening doors is all you do) for the left group, and 32 for the right group. This gives the stealers a lot of time to react, and create an even larger force.

grissom2006
16-09-2009, 15:29
I played the mission your deployment areas need to be 1 man bigger as you have no where for the servitor to go (unless it's carried in which case you need to mention it). Also the stealers are ott they stream in and block the goal up solid and then attack from behind.

stormtrooper154
16-09-2009, 15:44
Ok. Thanks for the playtest Grissom. I will make some ammendments to the layout and possibly start with 2 blips and 2 per turn. I may also bring the control room in to the middle of the map.

I have made some quick adjustments before work, jigged the map around and reduced the number of starting blips. Is it better?

GrogsnotPowwabomba
16-09-2009, 15:49
To be honest, I think you will get the most mileage out of missions that only require one set of the game, since that is what most players will have. But this thread is a great idea regardless.

In the "Heartbeat Timer" thread I came across this mission, Breakthrough (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mwjwmmmm2ag), which seemed pretty cool. I haven't played it yet, but my impression was that it was balanced well.

grissom2006
16-09-2009, 20:38
Looks better the room location is close but so are the Stealers so it should be more tatical. No worries about the game test glad i could help :D

stormtrooper154
17-09-2009, 10:49
I cant seem to upload the pdf's for the other missions, even when they are less the 1.4mb. Does anyone know any free sites where I can host them?

stormtrooper154
18-09-2009, 11:23
Here are missions 2 and 3 from my Campaign that require playtesting.

Mission 2: Perimeter is borrowed from Goroul, with a different map and a lower kill count for the Terminators to achieve, so the kudos go to him for creating the mission idea.

grissom2006
18-09-2009, 14:02
Is that both the doors have to be sealed of the target rooms or just the one that leads into the main bulk of the Hulk??

stormtrooper154
18-09-2009, 19:09
Any door on the rooms - I should have put that in.

Brother Constantine
18-09-2009, 20:02
Now that many of us have had a chance to play around with CRasterImages map maker, I thought Id open a thread where people can submit missions that they have created and where other members can help tweak them to perfection.

Ive come up with 3 so far, as part of a rolling campaign. Im thinking of tweaking the forces the marines have depending on who survives the previous mission. But Id like to get the mechanics of the missions working first.

The missions I have created are based on having two sets of the game, but the map can be tweaked if required.

Heres the first mission:

I think I need to compress the other missions to fit them on here. . .

I am REALLY impressed with your creativity! the mission looks great, as do all of the others that have been posted.
Where can we access CRasterImages map maker? Could you post a link or direct me? I have some great ideas for missions and would love to share them :skull:

grissom2006
18-09-2009, 22:06
I am REALLY impressed with your creativity! the mission looks great, as do all of the others that have been posted.
Where can we access CRasterImages map maker? Could you post a link or direct me? I have some great ideas for missions and would love to share them :skull:

Here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217976 hope it helps

stormtrooper154
18-09-2009, 22:44
This is just the start. I hope to have a few campaigns done in the future, and hopefully other people will start to make some missions for us all to have a go at.

GrogsnotPowwabomba
18-09-2009, 23:23
This is just the start. I hope to have a few campaigns done in the future, and hopefully other people will start to make some missions for us all to have a go at.

And this is the true beauty of Space Hulk. I still contend, however, that missions that only require 1 set will be the best/most popular.

goroul
19-09-2009, 15:08
Looks to be shapping up well, (I particularly like mission 2 ;)) Hope to see more soon!

Goroul

stormtrooper154
19-09-2009, 16:56
Missions 4 and 6 for the campaign. I will post mission 5 shortly (attachement size is the reason).

As always, comments are welcome for tweaks.

stormtrooper154
19-09-2009, 16:59
Mission 5: Descent.

Commiesalami
21-09-2009, 06:56
Problem with the Assassination mission (other than the misspelled name) The Genestealer player could just never spawn the Brood lord out of a blip. Giving him all the time and Genestealers in the world

Mission 5 seems to be a bit much for the squad on the lower level to survive. I would have the genestealers player start with no genestealers on that mission, or prevent the genestealer player from starting them on the lower level. All 4 blips on the lower level + reinforcements is way too much for those 3 marines, and the fact the game ends when they die gives the genestealers no point at all to attack the squad on the upper level. Also you may want to clarify what happens when only 1 marine from a squad makes it out.

Mission 4 could use some corners placed at the genestealer spawning points just so the genestealer player doesn't have a marine on overwatch staring right down the spawning zone. But for the Dormant Rules, they look odd at first glance but I'll have to play test them to see how it results (obviously only open the door with the Flamer marine)

Lots of points for creativity though. Though I cant say that I'll be able to playtest them anytime soon

TheSil
21-09-2009, 09:19
I have a quick question about Mission 4 (since it seems to be one of the few I can possibly playtest with one tileset ;))

What happens when the Marine player does not open the doors at all because they were already opened by the Genestealers? Do the blips appear when he can draw line of sight to the room for the first time?
Because the doors in the four upper rooms have a good chance to be open before the Marines reach them.
If that was the intention I would clarify it in the mission description.

Does the ambush rule apply to every room on the map or only the ones marked with X? Is the Genestealer player able to convert the blips into Stealers voluntarily (increasing the chances of them surviving the flames)?

Also I agree with the balancing points made by my predecessor.