PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried printing their own tiles?

azraelezekiel
17-09-2009, 20:27
Just a quick question.
Has anyone tried printing their own tiles to expand the game?
If so what methods did you use and any pics?
I was thinking of photo quality print medium and sticking it to foamcore.
The problem I may have is cutting out the connectors :(

grissom2006
17-09-2009, 20:44
Working on my own tiles and out to rework some of the older ones that you could get prototypes of mine are here http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220202
Still works in progress and out to ensure no IP violation hence they currently look pretty different colouring wise.

Also might look like the look of this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220522 he does have another one going as well.

Dangersaurus
18-09-2009, 03:11
I mounted one of the White Dwarf tiles on foamcore, it worked great (it's actually a smidge thicker than the SH board).

Also, I printed out and did the same with some that were posted (and quickly removed) here. That was less effective, but only due to the settings I used. If you were to use photo paper and high quality settings they'd probably look great.

At first I was worried about the connectors too. After cutting it out (use a very sharp scalpel!) and fitting it to one of the pieces from the set, the foam conformed to the curve just fine.

Leeman Russ
18-09-2009, 09:29
I've printed my sets of air ducts onto glossy photo paper, and I plan to mount them on thick card/foam board on the weekend. Glossy paper is less liable to smudge and fits in perfectly with the 3rd Ed tiles.

azraelezekiel
18-09-2009, 09:38
No smudges in any case on a laser jet ;)

Warlord Nazgred
18-09-2009, 16:57
well I havnt tried it my self but I do have a load of templates but cannot open them with any of my programs and upload them to attatchments, sorry I'll try sort it out

Charax
18-09-2009, 17:38
anyone know the gsm of the tiles that come with the game?

fiore hellheart
19-09-2009, 01:20
anyone know the gsm of the tiles that come with the game?

given the size i think it may be in kgsm. :p

Aside from that i have no idea other than that they are 3mm tall, or thick, depending on how you look at it.

StefDa
19-09-2009, 08:53
I was considering photocopying all of my tiles while they're still in cood condition. Then I'll keep one set as 'templates' from which I will get all my future tiles when they are damaged.

AndrewGPaul
19-09-2009, 11:24
Weighing the 12 ladder tokens and the psychic barrier token comes to 28g. each token is 2.15g. since each tile is 30mm square, that works out at 2,400gsm. :)

zrunelord
19-09-2009, 23:06
Hi All,
Check out my thread, " More SH tiles,Anyone ? " you may find it useful.

Z:)

azraelezekiel
20-09-2009, 19:28
So I have got the glossy paper and the foamcard.
The pipes print out great as they are a pdf.
But some of the other resources I have are coming out at 3.5cms a square rather than 3cm.
This will cause issues when it comes to the connectors.
Any ideas?

AndrewGPaul
21-09-2009, 09:49
You'll just need to print them at 86% scaling. Print a sample of each document in draft mode and measure the tiles, then scale appropriately when you print the proper versions.

WildAnimal
21-09-2009, 15:01
Think its cheaper to buy a second box for extra tiles, and the result will never be the same, plus extra miniatures. I just ordered two boxes for extra tiles.

AndrewGPaul
21-09-2009, 15:39
That doesn't help if you want to design your own tiles, though. :)

For instance, I'd like to do versions of the wide corridors from Deathwing and Genestealer, and some of the wierd corridor pieces from White Dwarf issues.

azraelezekiel
21-09-2009, 16:26
That doesn't help if you want to design your own tiles, though. :)

For instance, I'd like to do versions of the wide corridors from Deathwing and Genestealer, and some of the wierd corridor pieces from White Dwarf issues.

That is my aim also.