PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk novel sample

CRasterImage
18-09-2009, 09:40
The novel is sold out in many places. But I am sure there will be further printings. Unlike the game itself.

While waiting for new prints, you can read an excerpt from the novel:

http://www.blacklibrary.com/pdf/space-hulk.pdf

It is pretty good. Certainly sets the mood.

StefDa
18-09-2009, 09:56
I bought it, it is very cheap, and it is a great read.

Cpt. Drill
18-09-2009, 10:06
The novel does have its charms, I couldnt help but thinking about the potential dice rolls that applied to the scenes... Lorenzo killing genestealers or the assault cannon killing some and blowing up... (He had used his reload very early in the story... madness)

StefDa
18-09-2009, 10:26
But he still came back! Later it happens again, then he dies for real. That Leon guy is incredibly unlucky.

Leeman Russ
18-09-2009, 12:39
I liked how it alluded to other units around the Hulk too - some of the players I've run games for seem to think it's two squads taking on the whole hulk by themselves!

Grapeshot
18-09-2009, 16:17
I have just finished reading the novel. Very entertaining when you are relating it to the game missions as you read along.

I like carnage the broodlord was causing at the last mission.

Strangely, Leon survived the first explosion from his weapon at the beginning of the story.

I wonder why the broodlord does not have rules on his psychic powers. It managed to paralyzed the entire squad, didn't it? More strangely is that none of the genestealers kill off these helpless space marines.

grimcrazy
18-09-2009, 16:38
awwww no. Now I wish I'd baught it to read.

lagoon83
19-09-2009, 20:31
I love how it shows ways that a Terminator can get taken "out of action" without necessarily getting killed off. (Oh, Omnio. Oh dear.)

Incidentally, the Windsor store's still got loads, last I checked.