PDA

View Full Version : Mission 6 needs a tile that doesn't exist?

spaint2k
19-09-2009, 13:45
I only have four corridors that are four squares long. This mission appears to need five. Have I somehow managed to lose a piece or is there an error in the mission?

goroul
19-09-2009, 13:59
Maybe I'm going blind, but I can only see four in the mission layout!

grissom2006
19-09-2009, 15:13
If you look closer at the tile detail for what you take as being a four section tile you'll find that it's more likely to be two two sections as the tile designs don't match up to the four section ones. Just that the join details don't show up as well on them.

xredqueenx
19-09-2009, 22:51
i had the same problem dude, if you look at the corridoor in the bottom left hand corner its actually 2 , 2 pieces as previously stated, they have different patterns on them so you can Differentiate in the book.

CRasterImage
19-09-2009, 23:01
if you look at the corridoor in the bottom left hand corner its actually 2 , 2 pieces as previously stated,

You mean in the upper left corner of the map, right? Leading out of a genestealer spawn point. There are 2, 2square hallway bits there. But the division between them is not visible.

spaint2k
20-09-2009, 01:33
Yup, you guys are right. I looked at it again last night and realized that this piece was probably supposed to be two pieces.

CRasterImage's tileset was REALLY helpful in allowing me to layout the map without having to get all my board pieces out of the box again. Thanks for that! It's a brilliant piece of work.

CRasterImage
20-09-2009, 03:19
Thanks!

The problem seems to be that GW's maps have little highlights on half the jigsaw edges. Which works pretty good at indicating segment-breaks most of the time. But if you get to jigsaw edges without highlights next to each other, the break isn't very obvious.

I have been playing with some ways to make (optional) segment breaks a possibility.

Hellfury has been making maps using a generic tileset because it makes segment breaks more obvious that the one everyone is using now. Which is kind of dissapointing, since it loses GW's great artwork. I'll post screenshots of some ideas when I think I found the right look.

xredqueenx
20-09-2009, 05:33
You mean in the upper left corner of the map, right? Leading out of a genestealer spawn point. There are 2, 2square hallway bits there. But the division between them is not visible.

my bad i was trying to write from memory as i do most of my "warseering" at work