16 nurgle warriors
s/c reroll to wound banner

5 furries

5 flesh hounds

5 flesh hounds

5 flesh hounds

5 flamers

5 flamers

this is a tourney army i plan on using in the 2010 season.

final change where i chaged the bsb location. and generals has firestorm and armor. gave a champion back to the nurgle block and took out musician.

thanks all for the help.

Jind_Singh
22-09-2009, 05:37
general
jugger
armour of khrone
cloak of needing 3+ to wound
interesting - I am not partial to the cloak - after all it just takes away a 1 in 6 chance of being wounded on a 2+. I prefer the firestorm blade myself for my herald builds
khrone herald x2
firestorm blade
armour of khrone
jugger

herald of nurgle
bsb
great standard of surendering
palaquin
always strike last
take wound on 6
shame he doesnt have slime trail to denny flanking bonus
10 horrors x2

16 nurgle warriors
s/c reroll to wound banner
with the herald in there you will be adding 9 posion attacks to the unit - along with your front rank. You might be better having the other icon that allows a point of combat for each posion attack you kill with
5 flesh hounds x3

5 flamers x2
champion

many questions, many questions. You have 3 heralds of khorne on the battlefield but only 1 unit of fleshounds to put them in - why 3 heralds of khorne? WOuld it not be better to exchange at least one or two for heralds of tzeentch? At least they belong in your core units, will add to their ward save, and give you much needed magic abilites for an otherwise lack-lustre casting force.
The 2 units of horrors are basic level 1s, but without heralds of tzeentch they will be of no use. You have 1 unit of fleshounds who lack support - no furies, seekers, nurlgings, fiends to back them up - and every gun/artiallry peice will be taking those buggers down 1st as once they die you have no movement left in your army
No furies to march block the enemy, no combat units to take on armour - all in all you will score well for your comp scores but this is a difficult list to do well with.
I suggest something like:

Herald of khorne, jugger, firestorm blade, armour of khorne - 190pts
16 bloodletters, full command, icon 247
herald of nurgle, lvl 1, slime trial, BSB, sundering 305
16 plauge bearers, full command, icon - 247pts
Herald of Tzeentch, power vortex, winged horror - 165
10 Horrors - 120 pts
We have only spent 1274 pts so far - and already we have a strong combat unit, a tarpit unit for the BSB, a magic unit.
With the remaining points I take 2 units of 6 strong furies, 3 fiends, 5 fleshounds, etc, etc, basically whatever I feel like taking. You could take your flamers - another unit of horrors, even a greater deamon if you really wanted to. either way you'll have more bite in the tournment
Hope it helps

highelfmage
22-09-2009, 23:38
Jind_Singh

i will change my general items so he is immune to magic weapons.

there are 3 flesh hounds units. i use the horrors for DD. i will think about the nurge block and changing their banners. i will be dropping a champion of one unit flamers. this will leave me with 14 points and i have no idea what to get.

Kalandros
22-09-2009, 23:42
Just for next time you make lists you might want to detail them per unit instead of "per type of units"

[175] 5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

This o;

Jind_Singh
23-09-2009, 07:07
Ahh my bad - I should have read it closer (but I suggest you do as Kalandros says and just list them out, sometimes my sleepy eyes overlook fineprint!! The list is easier with your new editing :D

mmm, well I can see what your doing - tarpit unit of plauge bearers to hold your BSB, 2 horrors for minimal dispell die, and 3 fleshounds with heralds to kill stuff, flamers to burn....

Food for thought

Drop 1 herald, to be honest fleshounds by themselves kill lots, and lots, and lots of troops so the herald isnt really needed - especially as he is only one who benifits from hatred. He costs you 190pts. Swap him for herald of tzeentch (115) with power voretx and wings - thats 165. You save 25pts - add that to your 14 for total of 39pts.
You now get 3 more power die, plus your horrors suddenly become tarpits - 4+ wardsave is bad ass!
As it is tournement I might even go with both heralds as tzeentch, 1 combat dude, and tarpit BSB (though my BSB is normally khorne dude with BSB and jugger.
Otherwise it's a normal nasty list - 3 fleshounds, horrors, and plaugebears - your biggest weakness though are sevre lack of furies - even 6 would really help you out big time

highelfmage
23-09-2009, 19:26
edited the first post

Tzeentch Lord X7
24-09-2009, 02:20
this army is solid it will give people a very hard time with 3 units of flesh hounds and 10 flamers, a blood thirster would be nice but you dont want to use a grater daemon. just putting the blood thirster option out there if you ever change your mind

Jind_Singh
24-09-2009, 03:57
general
jugger
magic weapons cant hurt him

khrone herald
firestorm blade
armour of khrone
jugger

herald of tzeentch
power voretx
wing

herald of nurgle
bsb
great standard of surendering
palaquin
always strike last
take wound on 6

10 horrors

10 horrors

16 nurgle warriors
s/m reroll to wound banner

5 furries

5 flesh hounds

5 flesh hounds

5 flesh hounds

5 flamers

5 flamers

what do you think now? droped champions out of every unit added musician to nurgle block and added furies

nice:)
has pretty much all your bases covered - some magic, some hitting units, tar pit units, flyers, some bad ass heralds of khorne that spell the doom of any chariots out there - or pretty much anything else - and no greater deamon - which will suprise people. I have always liked the herald armies!

highelfmage
24-09-2009, 19:08
read first post.

thanks all for the help