PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for Space Hulk?

Dexter099
22-09-2009, 00:23
I am thinking of buying an extra copy of SH to sell off later for more.

How much would you pay for SH if you wanted it but GW had run out?

dienekes96
22-09-2009, 01:13
I would pay $99.

ScooterinAB
22-09-2009, 01:22
For me, it would mostly be about the sculpts and some more board sections (but not all of them; think like a few hallways and a handful of rooms). Basically, it would be about making new missions that feature 2 or more units of Terminators, and a few more board sections.

As such, I'd probably say that about 60% of the box would be useful, so $70-90 Canadian. Worth noting that the box is too expensive anyways, and in a future release should be marketted at about $80 Canadian to match the rest of the starter boxes.

Dexter099
22-09-2009, 01:47
So no one would pay more than $100 if they didn't have it and GW ran out?

eriochrome
22-09-2009, 02:01
I was willing to pay under $85.00 with including tax.

Znail
22-09-2009, 02:20
Obviously, people around here know about the game, so either wanted it and got it or didnt and wont then suddenly pay more then the original price. There are quire a few who only recently heared about the game and want a copy now thou. Personaly so do I think you are doing a mistake if you expect the price to skyrocket as I think the second hand price is at its highest right now actualy. SH got quite alot of buzz and a decent amount of people missed it when it was easy to get and now want to get it. There was also quite alot of people who bought extra copies that they are holding onto expecting the price to go up and thus so are there not that many being sold, wich drives up the prices. But the buzz will calm down and the people with extras will eventualy start selling in greater numbers, so its not farfetched to expect the prices to plummet.

strewart
22-09-2009, 07:13
Check around ebay, there are already a bunch going above retail. Some people are asking quite crazy prices, you might be best off selling in the UK if possible since they sold out really quickly. As Znail says though, a lot of people had the same idea so there will actually be more competition than people think, don't expect the price to get too much greater than original retail value.

AndrewGPaul
22-09-2009, 07:15
Probably not much more than the retail price, to be honest.

Before this rerelease, I was looking at doing my own set - Litko do a wooden "space corridor" system for the floor plans, and acrylic counters for the blips, flamer markers, etc, and using Kryomek Nexus marines and Horrorclix Aliens for the minis.

chromedog
22-09-2009, 10:57
I've been using my original and 2nd ed tiles for many years (AndrewGPaul & I have similar ideas, it seems - except I had the LEG ALIENS 25mm figures for the xenomorphs). I still have the metal original terminators (that replaced the gak 1st ed plastics) on their 25mm bases for this reason.

I'd need to replace the stealers (I did have around 50-60 at one stage) - but with luck I can score some badly painted ones 2nd hand and use the rest of the 'savings' for beer.

AndrewGPaul
22-09-2009, 11:23
I've been using my original and 2nd ed tiles for many years (AndrewGPaul & I have similar ideas, it seems - except I had the LEG ALIENS 25mm figures for the xenomorphs). I still have the metal original terminators (that replaced the gak 1st ed plastics) on their 25mm bases for this reason.

If you still have those Aliens, check out Denizen Miniatures' Mid Teh Marines - a perfect match for the USCMC. I'm not using them becase, being 25mm, they're a bit tiddly next to a Wizkids Alien.

Urza
22-09-2009, 12:16
I would pay precisely 58.70 for a second copy of Space Hulk 2009 - just like I did this weekend in fact :)

Jagged
22-09-2009, 12:47
I would like a second set but I am not going to pay above the RRP.

In fact if you bought it off GW then that makes it second hand!

grg3d
22-09-2009, 19:49
About $20.00 as all I wanted was the rules and now that I've seen them I can sell them off too and use the 1st edition rules with a few tweaks to bring it up to 3rd edition :D

Sorry but I did not like the minis

Terminator reasons:
hard to keep the facing straight
build my own with box sets and magnets

Genestealer reasons:

Facing
placement in cordoors
Look more like diorama pieces

Burn away :evilgrin:

starlight
22-09-2009, 19:57
Given that many stores still have them in stock, it'll be some time before the *value* makes them worth more than retail (eBay craziness aside:p).

Buy it because you want to play it, not as any sort of *investment*, because that's gambling, not investing.

chromedog
23-09-2009, 09:49
If you still have those Aliens, check out Denizen Miniatures' Mid Teh Marines - a perfect match for the USCMC. I'm not using them becase, being 25mm, they're a bit tiddly next to a Wizkids Alien.

Coolies. Thanks for the tip. Yes, I do still have the warriors - and the 25mm Ripley/Powerloader. I also have the old Aliens board game, and we used to play it with the 'hulk tiles for variation.

I remember these guys from an old (UK games) magazine called "Games Master" when they had a miniatures page. The Ventaurans are spookily similar to some minis I was using for Traveller back in the day. Yep, that's them. The Federation Armed Response Team.

thefan
23-09-2009, 12:31
I payed 140.00 shipped total for my first set so far. As soon as I saw the set which was after it was sold out at Gw I wanted a set. Love the game and it is for sure my favorite game of all time. I'm sure I'll dump the termies and go with the regular line termies. I do like the throne piece. Matches up with the patriarch very well. As for the rules not to happy with how command point and no lose of time works but that is an easy fix. Over all I am happy and now off to work on the 3d game board. :) happy happy joy joy.

Znail
23-09-2009, 22:32
Well, you can obviously make fast money by buying Space Hulk and then sell it right away for a profit online to someone who cant get it in his local area. The return for buying a storing it to sell a few years ahead isnt nearly as good compared to the effort.

Altair
23-09-2009, 23:45
Genestealer reasons:

Facing
placement in cordoors
Look more like diorama pieces

Burn away :evilgrin:

Agree with you there. While the SH genestealers are very good scuplts I would much rather have the 'normal' gw ones.

Tho at the moment i'm sticking with the hulk nids just so it remains a complete set :D

Oh and the plastic broodlord is amazing, much better than the metal one.

grg3d
24-09-2009, 12:59
thefan
I payed 140.00 shipped total for my first set so far. As soon as I saw the set which was after it was sold out at Gw I wanted a set. Love the game and it is for sure my favorite game of all time. I'm sure I'll dump the termies and go with the regular line termies. I do like the throne piece. Matches up with the patriarch very well. As for the rules not to happy with how command point and no lose of time works but that is an easy fix. Over all I am happy and now off to work on the 3d game board. happy happy joy joy.

WOW! I really would like to see it in 3D when your done :evilgrin:
Post some pictures will you?
Oh and hows the Island doing?

thefan
24-09-2009, 16:08
WOW! I really would like to see it in 3D when your done :evilgrin:
Post some pictures will you?
Oh and hows the Island doing?

I like this style very GWish O yeah wonder why :) http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218330
I started to snag pieces off ebay from his list. Yeah, you can check out my buy list on ebay bro. :skull: I might change the floor plan out to the hirst floor mold tile. I'll send you pix when I get going. Forge world makes some cool wall sections too. As for the ISland all is great School board is moving a long with a new boiler project, we're putting in a wood stove with hearth next week in my house, my little one starts her second play, I got instilated into my position at grange, and hey come on down sometime. Lets chat and have a drink.:evilgrin:

wilsongrahams
24-09-2009, 16:55
I WOULD pay 100 for it. However, I got mine at 60 mail order so don't have to.

On ebay complete sets are going for around 80 so that seems to be the going rate.

Broken down they get roughly 90 for the Marines, 20 for the Board Pieces and around 5 for dice and timer, 10 for Rules, Stealers around 20 with Broodlord.

That's 145 if it is sold as parts. Make of that what you will. Just thought I'd post what I've seen.

loveless
24-09-2009, 20:22
I'd pay retail for it, not more. Most of the kit is good, but like it's been said - you can't really use the Genestealers outside of the game without some major converting. Plus, I'm not a Nid player :p

The Terminators are ace for being low-piece models, and they fit well on 40mm bases for the most part. However, with each one being effectively a character model, I've little reason to want duplicates.

This isn't a great place to ask, since most of us already have a copy :p

GrogsnotPowwabomba
24-09-2009, 20:38
I would mug you and take yours for free.

wilsongrahams
26-09-2009, 06:13
The Terminators are ace for being low-piece models, and they fit well on 40mm bases for the most part. However, with each one being effectively a character model, I've little reason to want duplicates.

Actually if you swap a few shoulder pads and use spare 40K arms etc, you can get some good variety, as well as some of the torso fronts being interchangeable with others. Gideon looks ace with Noctis' Storm Bolter and a 40k clenched Power Fist and with very litle work. Likewise, Zael, using Gideon's Thunder Hammer Arm holding a 40k Storm Bolter makes an instandly different model which a little painting will disguise even more.

Wickey the Viking
01-11-2009, 16:12
I would pay about 70 euro's, as I did for the first one... really no more.