PDA

View Full Version : Possible KR Multicase Spacehulk transport

Narius Phinshredder
24-09-2009, 18:53
Hi Everyone. I Called KR Multicases today and had a really in-depth talk with the owner about an alternative foam insert for Space hulk and Warhammer in general. Most of us have seen Battlefoams offerings and I, as well as many others would be interested in a UK based company that would sell a variant on the design and in fact a more tailor made transport option. A question he asked was if people wanted a specific case that could be used for the figures or an insert to the SH box. Personally I quite like the idea of a specific box for the figures, seeing the amount of generated tiles on this site it's clear that maybe over time the box would become way too packed for everything. I'd like the box just for the tiles. Maybe make a new KR Case that holds the figures and maybe the rule books?? Anyway, he said that he's had a fair few people asking him and he's tried doing a costing for it. He was saying that if enough people pestered him he'd probably have to do something! What I'd say is if enough people showed interest in this thread then hopefully he'd do one! Also it would be worth contacting him, don't be abusive but just show interest.

kingofthesquats
25-09-2009, 09:17
After reading your post I rang KR and had a chat with the man. He seemed positive about the possibility of putting something space hulk related into production.

Obviously demand would be necessary so pick up the phone or send KR an email warseers!

I want my space hulk protected, but don't want to pay ludicrous postage from the states so I reckon this is our best bet. I don't know how many copies were sold in the UK but it's got to be a lot. I also don't know what KR's minimum production run would need to be to make it worthwhile for them but there must be a few of us that don't want our termies, stealers and tiles getting battered and broken!

Narius Phinshredder
25-09-2009, 10:17
After reading your post I rang KR and had a chat with the man. He seemed positive about the possibility of putting something space hulk related into production.

Obviously demand would be necessary so pick up the phone or send KR an email warseers!

Exactly, I would like to think that if this is successful he may even open up to doing more army specific foams, (Dragon trays etc...) he seemed really up for it, I think that Warhammer Fantasy/40K only accounts for a small percentage of his sales but the quality is SO good with his stuff I get the feeling he knows what he's sitting on!

Znail
25-09-2009, 12:05
Sounds interesting, the price is obviously a large factor here. I would recomend a foam tray that can either fit in the original box or a standard army transport type bag. I think KR makes smaller cases too, so then you could use the tray in one of those and fit the rest of the game as well. Making a special trunk only for Space Hulk sounds too expensive. But a custom tray similar to Battlefoam sounds doable.

Urza
25-09-2009, 12:21
Would much rather see a custom tray insert for the minis ala-Battlefoam's product than a case to put the entire game in..

As it is I'll probably be buying a Battlefoam tray set at the end of the month and paying the exhorbitant shipping costs to get it sent to the UK... :(

Narius Phinshredder
25-09-2009, 12:49
Would much rather see a custom tray insert for the minis ala-Battlefoam's product than a case to put the entire game in..

As it is I'll probably be buying a Battlefoam tray set at the end of the month and paying the exhorbitant shipping costs to get it sent to the UK... :(

Fair enough, Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like the look of the battlefoam tray, a few people have said that it's a pain putting everything away though as it takes a while to put the figs' in the right slots. Having a tray that features a space that could fit any of the figs' seems like a nice idea though. If battlefoam had a uk distributer then them wouldn't be this problem, also like I mentioned earlier, it's a question as to whether people want to keep the game in 1 box (All crammed in, imho) or 2 boxes?

Narius Phinshredder
25-09-2009, 13:01
Sounds interesting, the price is obviously a large factor here. I would recomend a foam tray that can either fit in the original box or a standard army transport type bag. I think KR makes smaller cases too, so then you could use the tray in one of those and fit the rest of the game as well. Making a special trunk only for Space Hulk sounds too expensive. But a custom tray similar to Battlefoam sounds doable.

When I spoke to KR, I was asked for the dimensions of the SH box, he said that this was a little bit bigger than the standard KR case. I suppose KR use a standard tray size in most of the range.

I think that if this was to happen, we'd all be looking at a standard KR case (With choice of fabric bag etc...) with a new foam tray spec, maybe one tray that holds all the Terminators and one tray that hold all the Stealers. The fabric bag could be the same as now with the zip up bag for the rulebooks. I don't know, it's a question of his costings so I think the idea has to be realistic. Remember that SH is limited edition so it's not something that is going to be a gigantic seller.

Urza
25-09-2009, 15:02
A few people have said that it's a pain putting everything away though as it takes a while to put the figs' in the right slots.

Thats fine with me - it just means a nice snug fit to keep the models safe and secure, which is exactly what I'm looking for seeing as they are basically irreplacable.

I've got no intention of buying the bottom part of Battlefoam inserts, as I've heard its a royal pain to fit all the board sections, counters and rules into it. I'll just be getting the section that holds all the minis.

Commiesalami
27-09-2009, 05:45
I've got no intention of buying the bottom part of Battlefoam inserts, as I've heard its a royal pain to fit all the board sections, counters and rules into it. I'll just be getting the section that holds all the minis.

The Lower tray is a only a hair above useless. Requiring some archaic process to fit everything that I've yet to figure out. Shame they started selling the figure tray on its own after both a friend and I purchased them

Todosi
27-09-2009, 07:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NuCHnZUBW4

Try that link for exactly how to get everything to fit. Works fine for me

AndrewGPaul
27-09-2009, 10:35
Hmmm. The doors need to come off the bases, and the tokens are unbagged. That's less than ideal.