PDA

View Full Version : Legion of the Bird God, 1500pts

Morthak
25-09-2009, 14:43
Hi guys!

Tomorrow there will be a tournament held at our local store, 1500pts, 3 rounds, one pitched, one with capturing objectives and one with kill enemy leader.

I only obtain the models used in this list, and the Chaos Lord on Jugger. He's awesome. I can't change much in the list, but swaps with wargear are possible.

Kologarn the Blazing
Sorcerer of Tzeentch level 2, Disc of Tzeentch
Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Power Familiar, Bloodcurdling Roar

Delerissa the Witch
Sorcerer of Tzeentch level 2, Chariot
Book of Secrets, Biting Blade, Conjoined Homunculus

12 Warriors of Chaos
Mark of Slaanesh, Champion, Musician, Banner Bearer, Halberd and Shield
Warbanner

5 Marauder Horsemen
Mark of Slaanesh, Flails

5 Chaos Warhounds
5 Chaos Warhounds

5 Knights of Chaos
Mark of Tzeentch, Banner Bearer
Blasted Standard

3 Dragon Ogres
Greatweapons

1 Chaos Spawn
_____+

Good enough? The original list had Delerissa on a disc with enchanted shield and another spawn, but I didn't have one ready in time, so I placed her in a chariot.

,Morthak

Caligula
25-09-2009, 17:49
I actually think it's a rather nice looking list at 1500 points! Some nice heavy hitters in the form of the Knights and the Dragon Ogres(not to mention that the Chaos Warriors can sometimes do the business as well...), a good looking magic phase by most standards(I have about the same magical power in my 2000 point list, for example...possibly even less, so there ya go), and some flank guards and annoyance units in the form of the Horsemen, Hounds, and Spawn.

All in all, I'd say you've got a nice looking force, my friend. I can't say much about the Marks, for the most part, as I play completely mono-Nurgle, but from what I can tell everything in that department looks pretty solid.

I actually like the idea of the Sorcerer in a Chariot, although sometimes the best place for her(I assume due to the name it's a her) won't be in combat. It does give her some excellent protection and mobility, however, and Chaos Sorcerers aren't really slouches or unfit for combat anyway. I'm actually thinking of adding a Nurgle Sorcerer mounted in a Chariot to my force eventually, so I'm a fan.

The magic item load out is looking good to me, as well. Yup, nice list, if I do say so.

Morthak
25-09-2009, 18:23
I got a better look at it, and swapped some things around on my sorcerers, here's the list now.

Kologarn the Blazing
Sorcerer of Tzeentch level 2, Disc of Tzeentch 230
Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Book of Secrets, Bloodcurdling Roar

Delerissa the Witch
Sorcerer of Nurgle level 2, Chariot 290
Biting Blade, Rod of Torment

12 Warriors of Chaos 269
Mark of Slaanesh, Champion, Musician, Banner Bearer, Halberd and Shield
Warbanner

5 Marauder Horsemen 85
Mark of Slaanesh, Flails

5 Chaos Warhounds 30
5 Chaos Warhounds 30

5 Knights of Chaos 280
Mark of Tzeentch, Banner Bearer
Blasted Standard

3 Dragon Ogres 231
Greatweapons

1 Chaos Spawn 55
_____+

I'm not that sure still about Delerissa, but Buboes can really help in the characterkilling-scenario. That and a better 'Remains in play'-spell makes Nugle already worth it's cost. Just one thing, how does MoN work for a character in a chariot? Would all the bonusses apply to the whole thing?

,Morthak

Tzeentch Lord X7
25-09-2009, 20:41
yes the mark of nurgle would apply to the chariot because it is not a monstrous mount. And by the way the list looks solid.