PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a random thought and idea on crates.

grissom2006
01-10-2009, 09:14
Well as some of us will know or of seen having got the the older Editions of the game we have long wide sections of corridor. So i've kind of had a though why not have crates set up in such areas. But with a twist the crates are on stands as such Stealers can treat as open ground like Airducts (they just crawl under them). The crates could be destroyed in much the same way as doors but maybe allow flamers to work on them?

Well thats my idea and random thought on it i know a few my start thinking MGS.

grissom2006
01-10-2009, 09:56
Never enjoyed the whole rubble bit it had uses but was a pain normally stuck in a doorway that you had to get through. I'm just thinking that those crate rules can be updated and made more fun in games terms.

Blips hidden underneath them and spotted if that come to the edge of a large crate section. Maybe even Stealers hidding in ambush inside them and get revealed when the crates destroyed or a Marine strays to close. Crates could have them in or not on a random D6 roll or the crate marker could be double sided with X number in or blank. Call it hunt the Stealer no entry points as they are all on the table hidden in Crates and the Airducts already. Objective seek and destroy all Stealers in X number of turns Stealers can of course reveal themselves and even move if in a Airduct system like the one CR has been working on in his thread.

torn
01-10-2009, 12:31
i made some sci fi crates a while ago out of plasticard for no real reason, and a computer console. it just happens they fit exactly on a space hulk square . . .:)

mattjgilbert
04-10-2009, 08:38
Never enjoyed the whole rubble bit it had uses but was a pain normally stuck in a doorway that you had to get through.I think that was the point of them :D ;)

grissom2006
04-10-2009, 12:13
I think that was the point of them :D ;)

I know but i think their has to be a better way to handle them and keep the game interesting. ;)

MIGHTYPanhead
08-10-2009, 03:19
Maybe put a bunch of crates randomly through a level, allow them to be destroyed like doors..

AND LET TERMINATORS PUSH THEM. BLOCK PUZZLES!!! PUSH AN UNBREAKABLE CRATE ONTO THE SWITCH.

One action point, move it one square forward/diagonally/sideways. Actually, I may do this when I play spacehulk. Maybe not the block puzzles, but just blocking doors/being a nuisance.

All that legend of zelda may come in handy for terminator placement?

Znail
08-10-2009, 05:23
Crates and rubble is mostly interesting with the larger rooms and corridors from the 1st edition expansions. 1st edition rules are a bit overly complex thou, so new fan made rules is probobly better. MY take on them:

Crate - Pretty obvious, blocks movement and LOS, can be destroyed like a door. Leaves rubble when destroyed.

Rubble - No effect on LOS. Costs +1 AP to move into. No sustained fire bonus when shooting into or through rubble.

Crates would be all kinds of boxes, lockers or other destructable items that blocks LOS and movement. Rubble would be anything from broken boxes, furniture (whole or broken), fallen debris etc that does not block LOS or movement but is significant enuff to obstruct view and movement some.

wilsongrahams
13-10-2009, 08:37
Stick some oil drums in. If hit (as if it is a door) it explodes like the area has been hit by a heavy flamer...

grissom2006
13-10-2009, 21:54
Liking that idea :D

Exploding barrels or some other such thing in a room could form a mission. Their did used to be the Generator and Computer terminal tiles in the 1st Edition expansions in WD. Maybe even have it so that rooms actually become wrecked and impassable due to this. Umm wonder if this could would and you have to blow a room up but the Barrel has to be taken to the room from another room close by.

wilsongrahams
14-10-2009, 08:08
Makes me thinks of the barrels in Worms 2.

Dakka dakka dakka... er sarg... KABOOM!