PDA

View Full Version : Possible player spin offs...

Grumblebelly
03-10-2009, 00:35
As I play space hulk I keep getting ideas for similar yet different games. So far I have come up with:

Zombie Hulk - Guardsmen/Gangers escaping zombie hordes through the narrow corridors of a hive city.

Necro Hulk - Combining necromunda rules to create a claustrophobic urban combat setting.

Any other ideas?

I think I might try to develop necro hulk first.

torn
03-10-2009, 00:50
basically just play necromunda on a hulk board, and you cant go wrong, although id try to stick to shorter corridors. it would be interesting to see if overwatch would be used as much using necromunda rules as it would hulk rules :)

an interesting idea has just occured to me, instead of necromunda why not gorkamorka!!! orks in a hulk theres nothing more natural!

CRasterImage
03-10-2009, 01:03
Space Hulk variant with Chaos critters replacing the Genestealers.

torn
03-10-2009, 11:02
I think there are two ways to do this,

a) replace the models but keep the rules the same

or

b) just use the map tiles as scenery for a skirmish type game

i think both would be good

grissom2006
03-10-2009, 11:39
Play a low pointed game of 40K on the boards can be huge fun but you do need the sections from the old expansions as well and a few crates about to block LOS and just make it more challanging.

Lets not forget you could play Dungeon Bowl it to.

commandergabriel
05-10-2009, 12:57
I've played Necromunda in a hulk setting before. Use the 'spaces' as inches so M4 = a 4 square movement. Weapon X with a range of 12 = a 12 square range.

It's fun, but gets redundant after a few games because there is nothing to hide behind and players will often just wait for others to move first. I had at least 3 games that became stalemates.

Altair
05-10-2009, 20:28
I think there are two ways to do this,

a) replace the models but keep the rules the same

or

b) just use the map tiles as scenery for a skirmish type game

i think both would be good

^

I agree with what he said :)

Small games of 40K would be quite fun, maybe with the rules from imperial armour 3 for fighting in anphellion base?

Personally I like the idea of Daemon Hulk. Grey Knights vs Daemons sounds fun to me and could be made to work with current rules. (daemons as genestealers, grey knights nemesis force weapons count as power fists, pyscannon as assault cannon etc etc)