PDA

View Full Version : Mission X corridor problem

Dexter099
04-10-2009, 16:47
I have found a problem with Mission X. I have played it twice with the Genestealers, and both times I have been thwarted by two Space Marines who do nothing but sit in the back of the target room and kill every genestealer on the way in there.

My suggestion is to get rid of the corridor that attaches the target room to the rest of the board and just attach the target room directly to the rst of the board so that camping in there will be discouraged.

Thoughts?

Leeman Russ
05-10-2009, 10:04
I disagree - We played this mission yesterday and from the looks of things it seems to be the only way the Marines can stand much of a chance - given that they lose their Sustained Fire bonus in this mission, so they're killing everything on 6's, which really hampers them. In the end it came down to the wire with the Stealers clinching it with their last two blips still in hand

In all we felt that it's reasonably balanced, although losing sustained fire is a big disadvantage for the marines, given how close the entry points are to the control room.

wilsongrahams
05-10-2009, 14:00
I agree, this mission isn't all that hard for the Stealers, especially as the marine's have to move to get into the room - you should try attacking them first before they are in position.

Belial's Apprentice
14-10-2009, 12:31
I think its quite an easy mission if you attack from 3 sides and lurk before pouncing on the Termies. And dont worry bout the Assault cannon either coz it has limited ammo and the lack of sustained fire is awesome news for the Genestealers!! Played that mission 3 times and the Termies have lost everytime, coming close to winning once!!