PDA

View Full Version : Heavy weapon effects to board squares

thefan
05-10-2009, 21:21
I was just pondering the idea of having certain heavy weapons doing more damge to areas after inpacts. For example a missle launcher or cyclone missle launcher hitting a target and then after rolling a dice. On a 1 the board square ( not section ) is half movement due to damage from heavy weapon hit on that square. What ya all think??? I'm going to play test this this weekend and see what the pros and cons are. Don Over and Out!!!

Patriarch
06-10-2009, 13:03
I was just pondering the idea of having certain heavy weapons doing more damge to areas after inpacts. For example a missle launcher or cyclone missle launcher hitting a target and then after rolling a dice. On a 1 the board square ( not section ) is half movement due to damage from heavy weapon hit on that square. What ya all think??? I'm going to play test this this weekend and see what the pros and cons are. Don Over and Out!!!

I'd make it happen every time the cyclone fires (or it gets too fiddly). After rolling to kill the target(s), place a "shaken" marker on the section which lasts until the end of the following turn.
All move actions into or within the section are doubled in AP cost; models in the section may not fire ranged weapons. No effect on shooting into or through the section.

thefan
06-10-2009, 13:31
I'd make it happen every time the cyclone fires (or it gets too fiddly). After rolling to kill the target(s), place a "shaken" marker on the section which lasts until the end of the following turn.
All move actions into or within the section are doubled in AP cost; models in the section may not fire ranged weapons. No effect on shooting into or through the section.

I like it. That sounds a little more stable in game play. Thanks I'll give this a shot. :) Don

wilsongrahams
07-10-2009, 19:21
Another alternative is to treat that whole section as a pitfall - use the ladder rules. If a marine falls then he is lost forever rather than using another level etc. What do you think?

Vattic
08-10-2009, 10:54
I have been considering missions where there are parts of the board you cant fire certain weapons in. A little like in Aliens when the marines are under the generators.

I am yet to assemble my marines with cyclones, still playing through other missions that don't need them.