PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels rumor from B&C

Pages : 1 2 [3]

wilsongrahams
17-10-2009, 21:30
We already know it's coming out, per Brimstone and Harry. So it's as dead set certain as it gets that they're coming out. Forgive me for not believing some generic store manager, but there's been no mention of a "two or three month delay" that anyone has heard so far.

Well whether it's true or not, it's a rumour thread and I just wanted to let you all know what I heard.

Lion El Jason
17-10-2009, 21:49
Haha, Hot Topic makes me laugh.

But yeah, I get your point (as a Chaos player myself) but they're going to get a Codex anyway, it may as well be done to the best standard, with enough unique stuff to actually warrant it.

Unlike the current Dark Angel codex which, tbh, should never have existed.

I think this sums up the feelings precisely, I'd just add that any marine chapter (Or, hopefully Legion...) that gets it's own codex should have an army list or play style sufficiently different from vanilla to justify it's existence.

Urath
17-10-2009, 22:03
I think this sums up the feelings precisely, I'd just add that any marine chapter (Or, hopefully Legion...) that gets it's own codex should have an army list or play style sufficiently different from vanilla to justify it's existence.

Agreed brother, hence my feelings that the current Codex should never have existed to dishonour us so.

Rioghan Murchadha
17-10-2009, 22:34
While I'm no fan of the current Chaos codex, you could say the current rules let you represent just that. A 4++ save and Slow&Purposeful is a good way to represent soulbound suits of empty armor, and all the characters and unit leaders are sorcerers. Pick up some Defilers and Obliterators to represent various 'sorcerous experiments with weapons gone wrong' and voila, Tzeench army. :P

Sorry mate. Tzeentch army yes, Thousand Sons army, no.

Either way, I'll be extremely depressed if the only differences between BA and codex marines are the paltry ones that exist at the moment. At least giant vampire bat riding marines is something that can't be represented with another book, as stupid as that would be.

Murphy's law
17-10-2009, 22:43
Your point is? Thousand Sons are 'even more extra specially very different' from a standard chaos marine army. Every person in the legion is either a soulbound suit of empty armour, or a powerful sorcerer. Sorry, that's a hell of a lot more unique than pimped rhinos, a unit of crazies, and a dreadnought with an extra claw.

Where's my standalone codex? Hell, where's my .pdf?

Is this topic about the chaos codex?
Don't think so...

Urath
17-10-2009, 22:47
Is this topic about the chaos codex?
Don't think so...

He's just trying to make the point that Codex: Blood Angels should be as different as possible, while still adhering to the Chapter's character, tactics etc otherwise, if they do a half arsed job, like they did with Codex: Dark Angels, then there is no reason that said chapter should even have had that/a codex.

Smokedog
17-10-2009, 22:50
Just on the speculation that Blood Angels and Blood Ravens will be released together. I was at warhammer world today (first time) and they had a minatures painted up as blood ravens in a display cabinet. With markings, a few vehicles, enought for a small squad.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a precursor to a release?

Urath
17-10-2009, 22:55
Just on the speculation that Blood Angels and Blood Ravens will be released together. I was at warhammer world today (first time) and they had a minatures painted up as blood ravens in a display cabinet. With markings, a few vehicles, enought for a small squad.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a precursor to a release?

Are you kidding me? Where does this madness originate from?*

Those Blood Ravens have been in that cabinet for several months, so I doubt it's for that reason.

*Where has it been suggested they will appear in the codex together.

Smokedog
17-10-2009, 23:21
"Months"?

Ok well, it;s obvioulsy not news they are there, but still may mean they get a release? Ermm, let me get the posts...

*edit* here they are

Blood Ravens included in the 'Dex? Perhaps likely considering GW seems to want to leverage their "entry" products into 40K (Nids and BAs capitalizing on Space Hulk as an example) It surprises me it's taken them this long to leverage the exposure the Blood Ravens got from DoW into 40k.

That's what I'm putting my $ on: 2 upgrade sprues, 1 new character, 2-3 new metals and the Blood Ravens = new release.

Well, Blood Ravens...diffrent story...
But if rumor is true that something of SM is coming out in 2nd month, almost at the same time when DoW II: Chaos Rising is released, it looks like BR are at the top of (my) rumor list...
Mabye "some guy with pie avatar" has something to say about that... something cryptic as always...

What if the "second" part of the story might be a completely different chapter?.

For eks Blood Ravens?

Do a Blood Angels/ Blood Ravens release.
I think I read some rumor thread on Bolter and chainsword saying there might be a Blood Raven book in the pipeline. so just a suggestion

Urath
17-10-2009, 23:42
"Months"?

Ok well, it;s obvioulsy not news they are there, but still may mean they get a release? Ermm, let me get the posts...

*edit* here they are

Thanks for the links Smokedog, I came into this thread recently and had a scan of the other pages, I found that first quoted post but not the others.

Aye, I went to Warhammer World in July, then again in August; they were there when I went in July. I'd been there once beforehand, but it was when I was very young and we'd visited my dad's sister.

Hmm, so the fact that it ties in with Dawn of War 2's expansion, the word "Blood" in the name and the capitalisation of the Blood Ravens, although it's taken them five years.

I can't see them going into the same codex tbh, they're both *completely* different in terms of gameplay style and fluff. I remember Angels of Death, but the chapters were linked in more ways than "x Angel".

ctsteel
18-10-2009, 00:06
How would the Blood Ravens differ from normal codex structure and doctrine, that would require them to have their own codex and rules and stop them from being represented in the normal Space Marine codex? I can't imagine them being lumped in with the Blood Angels, besides we've had Brimstone already say that the codex is Blood Angels only.

Smokedog
18-10-2009, 00:15
... I can't imagine them being lumped in with the Blood Angels, besides we've had Brimstone already say that the codex is Blood Angels only.

*Whoops* Didn't see that post, apologies.

KingDeath
18-10-2009, 00:17
The Blood Ravens are a Codex chapter with a somewhat higher amount of librarians but that is all ( and a dark dark secret...yes, very creative Relic... )
. Imo it would be quite stupid to give them their own Codex.

aka_mythos
18-10-2009, 01:54
I remember someone once asked a design studio member how likely it was that GW would do Blood Ravens as a codex... the response was that since they were created so that THQ and Relic wouldn't step on the toes of pre-established works and could do something that wouldn't interfere with the representation of marines on the tabletop it was very unlikely.

Besides that a true depiction of the Blood Ravens based on the game would have 5 heavy weapon devastators, apothecaries running around as characters separate of a squad, and rhinos that can hold 30 marines. :P

Murphy's law
18-10-2009, 10:11
He's just trying to make the point that Codex: Blood Angels should be as different as possible, while still adhering to the Chapter's character, tactics etc otherwise, if they do a half arsed job, like they did with Codex: Dark Angels, then there is no reason that said chapter should even have had that/a codex.

He asked me what my point was. But my point was clear enough.
Baal predators, furiososo dreadnoughts(no not iron clads), death company, those things are unique.
Yes, they should do more to make them stand out, but let's not forget, BA try to be like regular marines, they just have their flaw.

I've been playing Dark Angels for years and their codex was pretty ok.
Deathwing/ravenwing have been unique for years. Yes, they got butt kicked and yes i hope GW will work on that.

Irbian
18-10-2009, 14:41
I would like to ask Harry... is legion of damned the other half of the story? :D

Koris
18-10-2009, 15:03
Blood Angels are only half the story. :D

Yeah the other half is plastic grey Knights.

Harry
18-10-2009, 18:20
No the Legion of the dammed are NOT the other half of the story.

I meant that the Blood Angels were only half of the Space Marine releases we would see next year.

Arkley
18-10-2009, 18:24
Oh Harry you teast :) So its either BT or DA or just to annoy the natives here Codex SM again:)

Ominous Anonymous
18-10-2009, 18:26

I meant that the Blood Angels were only half of the Space Marine releases we would see next year.

I guess that makes Black Templar the other half, then? I know by necessity you're tight-lipped and we appreciate all that you've given us, but what about the rumors that Blood Angels will be more of a May to June release rather than March?

Surely that's less potent than, say, new rules and sculpts?

Besides that a true depiction of the Blood Ravens based on the game would have 5 heavy weapon devastators, apothecaries running around as characters separate of a squad, and rhinos that can hold 30 marines. :P

Not to get too off-topic here but the best way to represent them would probably be using Space Wolves to run 4 Rune Priests or 3 Rune Priests with Njal.

Harry
18-10-2009, 19:18
... but what about the rumors that Blood Angels will be more of a May to June release rather than March?
News to me.
That does not mean that it isn't delayed ... but I have not heard that.

Urath
18-10-2009, 20:38
Baal predators, furiososo dreadnoughts(no not iron clads), death company, those things are unique.
Yes, they should do more to make them stand out, but let's not forget, BA try to be like regular marines, they just have their flaw.

Deathwing/ravenwing have been unique for years. Yes, they got butt kicked and yes i hope GW will work on that.

I'm not going to post, yet again, as to why the Blood Angels should be unique. Read my big post further up for that.

Yeah, the Ironclad is an improved version of the Furioso Dreadnought; it was ripped straight out of Codex: Blood Angels. The only way a Blood Angel Furioso could be superior, would be to upgrade it to Death Company.

The Codex is a bland, boring test dummy for Codex: Space Marines and, by extension, all other Marine codices there-after. I'm not trying to imply it should be re-done ASAP as that isn't fair, especially as I play Dark Eldar and Necrons too :P, but Deathwing and Ravenwing aren't unique anymore.

Perhaps it's escaped your notice that it's possible to do a Deathwing style army with Codex: Space Wolves, albeit for more points (IIRC) and a Ravenwing style army in Codex: Space Marines.

The Ravenwing army from the regular Codex is arguably "better" than the true Ravenwing list. That said, I'm a Dark Angel player primarily; so I shan't be running off to play Codex: Space Marines.

Anyway, that's not a discussion for this thread.

Bregalad
18-10-2009, 22:38
Oh Harry you teast :) So its either BT or DA or just to annoy the natives here Codex SM again:)

Someone asked about Ordo Xeno: he looked very surprised someone still remembered it and said he was not on the to-do list at all.

Another guy asked "If you is a Black templar palyer you will smile or cry to future?" and he said "I will cry for long time" and almost the same was said on the DA ("many things to do before").
New rumours from Alessio Calvatore on GD Italy. Judge yourself if one year is long enough for "for a long time", or if we see some other general SM release beside the LotD and BA.

Rioghan Murchadha
18-10-2009, 22:42

Ok, here's your original point, and the point that it was responding to.

I don't see any point in making this Codex. For all I care BA can play using standard "Ultramarines" Codex just like DG, TS, WE, IC, AL, IW, NL and WB have to play using Codex "Black Legion". The last four don't even have a single special character for anyone of them. So why should they be treated differently?
This is nonsense.
Blood Angels are very different to the standard marine codex.
Baal predators, Rhino's with overcharged engines, Death Company, special characters furioso dreadnought, Assaultmarines as troops.

MY point is, I cry ********. There are probably a dozen armies out there that are 'more' unique, or different from the parent lists they're forced to use, than Blood Angels. None of those things that you mentioned would require more than a couple pages added to the current Space Marine codex. They certainly do not make the argument for an entirely seperate book. I simply used the Thousand Sons as an example, as that's what I play, and since they are arguably one of the most 'unique', if you will, sub-armies that are forced into using a very generic list for a very specific force.

Yeah, I'm saying that when (because it IS happening) they release the new BA codex, it better be more unique than the few things you mentioned, because otherwise it's not worth it. I would never begrudge any unique army getting a book (I'm still holding out hope for a Cult Legion book though it's unlikely). However, at the same time, I don't like to see GW waste development time on pointless tripe.

Vegeta365
19-10-2009, 21:05
News to me.
That does not mean that it isn't delayed ... but I have not heard that.

Have not seen it mentioned anyhere so thought I would just add that the blood angels were even missing out of warhammer worlds miniature gallery. This always happens when an army is soon to be released as they spend time playtesting (lol) and then playing games for future white dwarf.

Koris
20-10-2009, 11:03
I guess that makes Black Templar the other half, then? I know by necessity you're tight-lipped and we appreciate all that you've given us, but what about the rumors that Blood Angels will be more of a May to June release rather than March?

Or as previously suggested its new Plastic Grey Knights.

Ironhand
20-10-2009, 12:47

Read Harry's words carefully. Note that he says Blood Angels are only half of the Space Marine releases for next year. This in no way implies that there will be a second Marine Codex.

So let's assume for the moment that with the Blood Angels Codex we get an upgrade sprue, a plastic Death Company box, a plastic Furioso dreadnought, and an all-plastic Baal Predator, plus maybe a couple of new metal characters to go with the existing ones.

That would mean you could expect to see about half a dozen or so releases related to other Marine chapters - some things for Space Wolves or the chapters in the basic Codex.

Zanzibarthefirst
20-10-2009, 12:55
i think grey knights have already been shot down and as for codex sm i dont think there is anything left for them to do. Some spikey marines would be nice although i'm still tempted to go with bt being the other space marine release this year though Space Wolves only need resculps of a few character sand thunderwolves

HsojVvad
20-10-2009, 13:42
You are correct Ironhand, I didn't read it corectly. So half of the SM "releases". I just assumed codex. So the LotD can be the other half of the story then. Maybe maybe not. Only time will tell eh?

Koris
20-10-2009, 14:01
You are correct Ironhand, I didn't read it corectly. So half of the SM "releases". I just assumed codex. So the LotD can be the other half of the story then. Maybe maybe not. Only time will tell eh?

I know there is no release date on the website yet, but surely as we're seeing them now it is likely soon, as we know that GW don't show things months and months in advance.

And we haven't seen any new Tyranids, its safe to assume that they're out before the Nids, which would mean they are out this year. Likely for Xmas.
And as such would not be half of the SM releases for next year.

bringerofdecay
20-10-2009, 14:21
here's a thought...

why does it have to be a combi codex? GW's release schedule of late is to support codexes with new models 6 months to a year after the codex is released. this in direct contrast to their old model which was to release it all at codex release and then forget about it until next time.

so, following that logic and the implication that the designers have been given a bit more free reign suggests to me that we're far more likely to see a follow up to the recently released (well...fairly) space marine codex, there are a few entries in there that are unsupported in the miniature front, LoTD (not the whole half but possibly part of it?) master of the forge (with/out conversion beamer, un/mounted) a combi dread kit with all/many of the weapon options (been rumoured) perhaps a second wave for spacewolves? fenrisian wolf packs, a conversion kit for ultra marines, a re do of some old characters.

to me something like i've suggested would be FAR more likely than a combi-codex but i reserve my right to be wrong.

harry, am i hot, warm or cold?

Toadius80
21-10-2009, 01:42
I'd agree with you on that one. I'd say a nice comfy 21c warm :) But then I'm not this Harry fellow who it would appear is the one in the 'know' lol.

Urath
21-10-2009, 13:08
Ultramarines upgrade kit?
The standard Marine boxes are Ultramarines.

WookieeGunner
21-10-2009, 16:16
Ultramarines upgrade kit?
The standard Marine boxes are Ultramarines.

I think they mean a sprue with sculpted iconagraphy, Greek stylings, that sort of thing.

Chadjabdoul
21-10-2009, 16:53
Or, it could be a traitor legion codex

tcraigen
21-10-2009, 19:43
Or, it could be a traitor legion codex

I think this is the nail we've been missing. We all assume its loya I was thinking this the other day too, could it be someone else from the other side?
They are marines as well I think if they did something like a BA and say Word bearers co release they could benefit from the adversary theme to increase sales who knows. It would be launch of the new chaos marines and certainly make it feel heavy on the power armour.

dean
21-10-2009, 20:16
There have been pleanty of hints that some individual Chaos "powers" codexes might be coming out. I'm suprised it took this long for people to figure out that Harry didnt say "Loyal", he just said "Space Marine".

So which would be first? I'm betting World Eaters. Which legions dont have characters in the CSM book?

MajorWesJanson
21-10-2009, 22:18
My bet is still on a thunderhawk, either for apoc or holidays. That would make it a very big year for marines, and equivalent to several smaller releases.

Death Company
21-10-2009, 22:29
There have been pleanty of hints that some individual Chaos "powers" codexes might be coming out. I'm suprised it took this long for people to figure out that Harry didnt say "Loyal", he just said "Space Marine".

So which would be first? I'm betting World Eaters. Which legions dont have characters in the CSM book?

I'd bet on Word Bearers, they have a surprisingly large fan-base.

tcraigen
23-10-2009, 00:01

I would think they are easier to build the bones of since they can start with the basic marine structures, and the basic chaos marine model collection, That way anything in the future could likely be a development of that foot work. I think the sons of Logar are probably the ones they do but, a more extreme combat type like world eaters is possible.

Rioghan Murchadha
23-10-2009, 03:22

Not entirely true. There is a 95% chance that any Word Bearers fan is actually an Alpha Legion fan in disguise.

Karhedron
23-10-2009, 10:18

Actually I thought that the "other half of the (marine) story" was the upcoming Legion of the Damned models.

Scryer in the Darkness
23-10-2009, 13:26
Actually I thought that the "other half of the (marine) story" was the upcoming Legion of the Damned models.

Try reading back a couple of pages.

Shibboleth
23-10-2009, 13:44
I think this is the nail we've been missing. We all assume its loya I was thinking this the other day too, could it be someone else from the other side?It wasn't missed, just that such talk got split off into a seperate thread about potential chaos legion codicies...

tcraigen
23-10-2009, 21:36
It wasn't missed, just that such talk got split off into a seperate thread about potential chaos legion codicies...

Ah that makes sense, got to say I haven't really been reading those sorry for pulling us away from the main topic

I really hope that Angels dont do any of the novel/comic characters as special characters. Those are all interesting in they're own way but I would rather see them do new ones. If you want Rafen, or Blood quest characters I think they should be a personal conversion idea bit rule/model specific.

Fraggle
24-10-2009, 14:36
Hi I have just heard that the Blood Angels codex may be out earlier than has been rumoured.
The stores have their release list for Jan, including the tyranids, and it states that a second codex will also be released although details are 'censored'. Apparently it will be released with a similar set of figures as the Space Wolf release, namely a battleforce and two plastic box sets.
No details of exacatly which army it is (I was probing for Eldar info and its not them!). However surely this would tie in with the space hulk tyranids vs blood angels idea. And perhaps free up March for an early release of another codex?

MajorWesJanson
24-10-2009, 15:47
If they do this, not only would it be awesome, it would allow for some cool crossover potentials. Imagine a 2 page spread of Tyranids fighting BAs on a space hulk that could be used in both books, or a three page spread with mostly tyranids on one panel, mostly BA on a second, and the middle a battle where they meet, split between the two books as a pair of two page spreads.

SanguinaryDan
24-10-2009, 18:03
Waaaay too logical for GW. Not saying I won't add it to my prayers to the Emperor tonight, just that I really doubt they'd take advantage of the product synergy. In the past GW has refused to get their heads around modern marketing strategies and I really don't see that changing. Still spend 90% of my gaming dollars on their product so that must say something for them.:rolleyes:

ThePope
24-10-2009, 18:49
Just been told with a wink in the store that I quote "you will not be disappointed with the quality of them" not much to add other than that but yeah can't wait for them.

Angeloftheblood
25-10-2009, 03:38
Hi I have just heard that the Blood Angels codex may be out earlier than has been rumoured.
The stores have their release list for Jan, including the tyranids, and it states that a second codex will also be released although details are 'censored'. Apparently it will be released with a similar set of figures as the Space Wolf release, namely a battleforce and two plastic box sets.
No details of exacatly which army it is (I was probing for Eldar info and its not them!). However surely this would tie in with the space hulk tyranids vs blood angels idea. And perhaps free up March for an early release of another codex?

Harry any word on this?

Harry
25-10-2009, 07:25
Again not that I have heard. As far as I know Blood Angels are not late or early but arriving exactly when they were scheduled.
Next Codex release after Nids.

Scryer in the Darkness
25-10-2009, 08:24
And we have to see Beasts of Chaos before Blood Angels anyway... with regard to GW "release list" schedules.

shin'keiro
25-10-2009, 09:47
Cheers for the rumour, but my main thought is

NooooOOO!OOOOOO!!!! Why? That's just very, very wrong.

Blood Angels already have assault squads as troops

Jackmojo
25-10-2009, 10:00
Blood Angels already have assault squads as troops

Don't worry about it, no one complaining about this issue seems to recall that Blood Angel's could have Assault squad based armies in three of the last four army lists for them.

Jack

Fraggle
25-10-2009, 12:06
Again not that I have heard. As far as I know Blood Angels are not late or early but arriving exactly when they were scheduled.

Well the guy was preetty certain that two codex releases were slated for January. It makes logical sense (yes I know its not very GW) that it *might* be BA.

It does beg the question if its not them what else is it going to be? The other half of the marine release or a second xenos?

slingersam
25-10-2009, 13:20
Ok fine Harrys wrong, going to say that now. The other half of the marine cycle is supposed to be a 5'10' marine that uses cc as a means of winning everything, he gets 6 strikes with his hammer a turn, + 1 free army wide swipe. Still don't know who it is. It's me ... yes,yes the new codex coming out is me. Look at all your local game store for that 1 guy on the shelf. I am supposed to be more broken than guard and Space wolves combined, with the SM army wide traits given to me by me. Now you do have to pay a hefty price for the codex so you should start saving (already said to much, Gdub will catch me if I continue) so thats all, sorry for the Blood angels let down guys, but I guaranty that I'm better ;)

HsojVvad
25-10-2009, 20:30
Ok fine Harrys wrong, going to say that now. The other half of the marine cycle is supposed to be a 5'10' marine that uses cc as a means of winning everything, he gets 6 strikes with his hammer a turn, + 1 free army wide swipe. Still don't know who it is. It's me ... yes,yes the new codex coming out is me. Look at all your local game store for that 1 guy on the shelf. I am supposed to be more broken than guard and Space wolves combined, with the SM army wide traits given to me by me. Now you do have to pay a hefty price for the codex so you should start saving (already said to much, Gdub will catch me if I continue) so thats all, sorry for the Blood angels let down guys, but I guaranty that I'm better ;)

What is a Five foot Ten foot marine? :D Just kidding, I know you were as well. :p:p:p

Nice to know, that BA will be released, when it's suppose too. I am surprised that GW is not clamping down on Harry for his posts. (and Brimstone as well) I am assuming,( hell I can assume, I already made myself look like an ... :p ) that they let them do this to get us interested. GW has not officially anounced BA release, so for Harry to spoil this, would **** GW off so much, and they would find ways to clamp down on him or restrict his knowladge. Since he keeps making comments, he wasn't asked to stop, or GW would make shure he gets no info anymore, that GW is actually letting him do it.

TalonZahn
25-10-2009, 21:20

This tells us nothing actually. It just says what it says and what we knew. BA are after Nids. It doesn't say the Nids are coming out January 1 and the BA on May 31st or January 2nd.

No one knows a date for release on BA, therefore they are neither early nor late.

All critera satisfied.

HsojVvad
25-10-2009, 21:23
This tells us nothing actually. It just says what it says and what we knew. BA are after Nids. It doesn't say the Nids are coming out January 1 and the BA on May 31st or January 2nd.

No one knows a date for release on BA, therefore they are neither early nor late.

All critera satisfied.

All it tells us is futher confirmation of BA being released that is all. If his previous statements were false then this would be false as well. GW didn't say BA will be released yet. So all this is, is futher confirmation of BA being released.

Emeraldw
25-10-2009, 21:32
What is a Five foot Ten foot marine? :D Just kidding, I know you were as well. :p:p:p

Nice to know, that BA will be released, when it's suppose too. I am surprised that GW is not clamping down on Harry for his posts. (and Brimstone as well) I am assuming,( hell I can assume, I already made myself look like an ... :p ) that they let them do this to get us interested. GW has not officially anounced BA release, so for Harry to spoil this, would **** GW off so much, and they would find ways to clamp down on him or restrict his knowladge. Since he keeps making comments, he wasn't asked to stop, or GW would make shure he gets no info anymore, that GW is actually letting him do it.

I somehow doubt GW is letting them post. However as I am sure you have noticed, all Harry said is that BA are after nids. He hasn't share more than that. If anything it makes us excited knowing that Blood Angels are coming and with the treatment of Space Wolves, Blood Angel players are in for a treat :D

Harry
25-10-2009, 21:33

All critera satisfied.
Of course people know "a date for release on BA". Just no one here. :D

GW said Nids were out in January. (I had only previously hinted at this ... saying the first release of 2010 would be 'aliens').

First post in this thread says BA will be in March. I didn't disagree they were coming and March was close enough I didn't correct that either.

HsojVvad
26-10-2009, 00:02
Oh they are letting them post. I could be wrong, but I read somewhere one of them mentioned (it could have been somebody else entirely) that they were not allowed to give out too much detail and that was all they could say without getting into more trouble, if they did.

And if GW wasn't letting them, don't you think GW would be so PISSED that the word of BA was going to be released. They would even clamp futher down on newer releases.

HsojVvad
26-10-2009, 00:03
Of course people know 'a date for release on BA. Just no one here. :D

GW said Nids were out in January. (I had only previously hinted at this ... saying the first release of 2010 would be an 'aliens').

First post in this thread says BA will be in March. I didn't disagree they were coming and March was close enough I didn't correct that either.

Oh pieman, your words can be taken as gospel. (Same as sulfer man as well :chrome: )

Shibboleth
26-10-2009, 07:29
Oh they are letting them post. I could be wrong, but I read somewhere one of them mentioned (it could have been somebody else entirely) that they were not allowed to give out too much detail and that was all they could say without getting into more trouble, if they did.

And if GW wasn't letting them, don't you think GW would be so PISSED that the word of BA was going to be released. They would even clamp futher down on newer releases.Dude, I think they can hear you talking about them.

Death Company
26-10-2009, 07:51
Dude, I think they can hear you talking about them.

.. He's had a lot of medication recently, being sick an' all. ;)

Rant
26-10-2009, 18:03
Have to say I am looking forwards to a good year next year. Tyranids are my favorite xeno race (Barely edging ahead of Eldar) and Blood Angels are the only LSM chapter that I even remotely like (Thanks to the story in the old Rogue Trader book about Sanguinous breaking a bloodletter over his knee, nothing to do with the 'vampire' thing at all).

So since we know Tyranids will be out, and then blood angels also coming out... That's two new armies for me to collect and paint yay! At least until Necron get fixed, then I get to dust off those models :)

Raphaus
26-10-2009, 18:11
I believe nothing about new release schedules until the product is in my clammy, over-excited hand.

Scorcher505
27-10-2009, 01:05
Allow me to add another bit from said thread at B&C. Since the first one I posted was so popular, and Harry seemed to be in the know, perhaps he could comment

Ok Heres what I got:

Release date: March 2010

Dante can deep strike without scattering

He also infers the Blades encarmine special rule which might actually make Blood angels good in CC

Baal predator is also supposed to become useful (including the 1 with heavy flamers)

Now currently I say Baal preds are awesome, but that is a story for another thread. Any thoughts?

Ominous Anonymous
27-10-2009, 04:04
I wonder if the Blade Encarmine will be a new weapon added to give the Blood Angels some wargear variety a la Relic Blades and Frost Blades for normal Space Marines and Space Wolves, respectively.

Angeloftheblood
28-10-2009, 18:04
i just hope they do this codex justice

Talos
28-10-2009, 19:30
I hope they keep assault marines troops and give us the free rhinos if we dont take jump packs so I can still play my Flesh Tearers army.

Starchild
28-10-2009, 19:52
(Thanks to the story in the old Rogue Trader book about Sanguinous breaking a bloodletter over his knee, nothing to do with the 'vampire' thing at all:confused:

That story isn't in the Rogue Trader rulebook-- it was a Bill King story featured in WD and the Horus Heresy board game. Oh, and it was a Bloodthirster that Sanguinius broke over his knee, not a Bloodletter. ;)

i just hope they do this codex justiceIf Mat Ward is writing it, there will be no justice. :(

Talos
28-10-2009, 20:19
Which codexs has Matt Ward written before ?

Urath
28-10-2009, 20:35
Codex: Space Marines, Fantasy' Codex: Deamons and a few others.

It's best not to talk about him too much, it always desends into madness and ranting. I should know, I made a thread about it once which I had to lock.

That and, if we talk about him; we'll give him power :p

Rant
28-10-2009, 23:09
:confused:

That story isn't in the Rogue Trader rulebook-- it was a Bill King story featured in WD and the Horus Heresy board game. Oh, and it was a Bloodthirster that Sanguinius broke over his knee, not a Bloodletter. ;)

Ok yes it was a Bloodthirster, but I am pretty sure it was in the rogue trader book too. As I have never played any Horus Heresy Boardgame nor really read a lot of White Dwarf... That story is however something that I recall from my early days of 40K (Early 90's late 80's)...

*shrugs*

HsojVvad
29-10-2009, 15:46
I have the RT book. What should I be looking for A full page story? A blurb? I will check if you like.

pookie
29-10-2009, 16:37
Ok yes it was a Bloodthirster, but I am pretty sure it was in the rogue trader book too. As I have never played any Horus Heresy Boardgame nor really read a lot of White Dwarf... That story is however something that I recall from my early days of 40K (Early 90's late 80's)...

*shrugs*

not just any Thirster mind, but the best that Khorne could send.

apparently he was called James Swallow :angel:

TalonZahn
29-10-2009, 16:49
That story is also in the Index Astartes book that contains the Blood Angels. Which of the 4 slips my mind at the moment, I think IA2 is the one.

Purge the Heretic
29-10-2009, 23:30
Back to the rumor at hand, Crimson fist upgrade sprues just hit the pre-order lists, the other half of the story may be the resculpts and new chapter sculpts such as this, but from what harry has said I think it has to be something bigger.

Thoughts?

Brother Alexos
30-10-2009, 00:30
Well, I think it would be nice if they did a more obscure chapter with at least some fluff other than the weak excuse for a paragraph in the marine dex. Something like the Aroura chapter or the Relictors.

Though I do think that they should update everything with a weak play set first, such as Crons.

Toadius80
04-11-2009, 18:26
So, throughout this whole 29 pages or 580 posts we don't exactly have that much on the romour front do we? I mean, all thats been said is:

BA's release date: March 2010

Dante can deep strike without scattering

He also infers the Blades encarmine special rule which might actually make Blood angels good in CC

Baal predator is also supposed to become useful (including the 1 with heavy flamers)

Having read half, scanned through the rest, how comes a thread with 'rumor' in the title is pretty much a bunch of wish listings with only a little discussion about the actuall rumor??

Urath
04-11-2009, 19:05
As you said, there are few conrete points to discuss; it would inevitably lead into speculation and wishlisting, as does any thread of this nature.

viking657
04-11-2009, 21:14
I think the evidence was at UK gamesday, when they spent ages talking about wolves and refused to answer any rumour questions a kid asked: "why have you been releasing so much marine stuff lately?" or words to that affect the reply was " You ain't seen nothing yet "
enough said really GW love marines and I wouldn't be surprised if a new chapter based dex was well on its way

Death Company
04-11-2009, 21:19
I think the evidence was at UK gamesday, when they spent ages talking about wolves and refused to answer any rumour questions a kid asked: "why have you been releasing so much marine stuff lately?" or words to that affect the reply was " You ain't seen nothing yet "
enough said really GW love marines and I wouldn't be surprised if a new chapter based dex was well on its way

Well, Harry confirmed Blood Angels - so that hint was dead-on.

I just wish there was more leaked information at the moment.

DorianGray
04-11-2009, 21:21
The next codex releases for 2010 after Tyranids will be Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars, then GW goes 'well the vanilla Space Marines codex is the oldest out there now' so Space Marines again.

Then in 2050 we'll see another Xenos Codex: Dark Eldar.

Urath
04-11-2009, 21:22
Well, Harry confirmed Blood Angels - so that hint was dead-on.

Mm, interestingly i wonder what path they'll take with Blood Angels. I believe it was mentioned somewhere that GW, rightly so, planned to make the Blood Angels more divergent, to warrant a Codex.

Tau Empire are speculated for a release next year, with possibly Necrons; but it's rumour, nothing truly concrete.

Arkley
04-11-2009, 21:24
The next codex releases for 2010 after Tyranids will be Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars, then GW goes 'well the vanilla Space Marines codex is the oldest out there now' so Space Marines again.

Give it a rest, take your negativity elsewhere.

Urath
04-11-2009, 21:25

Yeah, please. We know Marine Codeci are released often, we know that the Dark Eldar haven't had an update in almost ten years; both my Dark Eldar and Necrons have been on the shelf for too long because of races like Space Marines and all the various 'variants'. Hell, we know GW use Marines as their flagship, we know.

We know.

Stop kicking a dead horse and give it a *********** rest.

Death Company
04-11-2009, 21:27
Mm, interestingly i wonder what path they'll take with Blood Angels. I believe it was mentioned somewhere that GW, rightly so, planned to make the Blood Angels more divergent, to warrant a Codex.

Tau Empire are speculated for a release next year, with possibly Necrons; but it's rumour, nothing truly concrete.

I don't know - but I'm excited. I can't wait so see what they do with Dante.

I'd hope for Necrons before Tau, personally. I think they warrant it more.

Urath
04-11-2009, 21:30
I don't know - but I'm excited. I can't wait so see what they do with Dante.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm interested in the army structure too; will they give it variants options like Dark Angels' Death/Ravenwing etc, or will they have a catch-all list lead by some truly brutal G.I.Bro characters.

Hopefully they'll make more of Sanguinary Priests and add something decent to Lemartes background.

Death Company
04-11-2009, 22:42
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm interested in the army structure too; will they give it variants options like Dark Angels' Death/Ravenwing etc, or will they have a catch-all list lead by some truly brutal G.I.Bro characters.

I'd like to see something similar to Logan in regards to Dante - not terminator lists though, mind you. I don't want to steal anything from the Dark Angels.

Hopefully they'll make more of Sanguinary Priests and add something decent to Lemartes background.

I agree on both counts.

I'd also like Tycho to be similar to Arjac Rockfist - an upgrade to the Death Company, and one worth the points at that.

Jackmojo
05-11-2009, 00:31

Unfortunately I don't think that's true from a business perspective (i.e. Tau have moved more units in less time the Necrons), I also suspect that Necrons are starting to hit the Dark Eldar point of "needing lots of design work done" model wise to get them a good range that appeals compared to other current sets.

Jack

HsojVvad
05-11-2009, 02:01
The next codex releases for 2010 after Tyranids will be Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars,

Well I thought something Fantasyish or LotR would be released in February or when you say codex releases is for only 40K. And if you talking just 40K, I don't think DA are anywhere near the radar for release yet, maybe BT, but not after BA, so who knows what is going on.

We are not even getting any solid rumours for Tyranids, so I am not expecting anything yet for BA. I mean solid rumours for BA.

Death Company
05-11-2009, 02:23
He's an angry xeno player - he's not seriously suggesting that's the development line - he's making a sarcastic comment about supposed GW bias.

Brucopeloso
05-11-2009, 08:17
Ok, something I heard from a store manager so take with a couple of tons of sodium chloride: according to this chap the codex after Blood Angels is Inquisition.
I have no idea of how reliable he is but he said he has seen it and this seems to fit with the hints dropped by the pie man. Pending confirmation I'll dig out my spade and sacks of salt.

Souleater
05-11-2009, 10:43

I'd prefer GW to get their offical information machine into gear.

Karhedron
05-11-2009, 12:23
I'd prefer GW to get their offical information machine into gear.

Gw's official rumour machine is in its normal gear, i.e. "very slooooow". Releasing information too far in advance results in burnout. People discuss and playtest the rumoured lists to death before they are even out. By the time they hit the stores people are tired of them.

I would like a bit more info but realistically GW try to manipulate the hype to frum up the maximum interest at the point the models are released.

Whitehorn
05-11-2009, 12:41
Just for the record, do rumours confirm that they won't rerelease the Space Hulk Terminators?

I spoke to with Daz Latham on Saturday. He remarked on how some people are fooling themselves by believing Space Hulk will be re-released later. It won't.

As for the models being a separate release - no.

HsojVvad
05-11-2009, 13:04
Ok, something I heard from a store manager so take with a couple of tons of sodium chloride: according to this chap the codex after Blood Angels is Inquisition.
I have no idea of how reliable he is but he said he has seen it and this seems to fit with the hints dropped by the pie man. Pending confirmation I'll dig out my spade and sacks of salt.

I don't think this will be the case. From other rumours, Phil Kelly is doing the GK codex, so if that will be in the Inquition codex, he said that is very far from being done, or something like that. Yeah alot of sodium chloride with that :D

But it would have been nice. Very highly unlikely, but you never know with GW anymore, so who knows. (Well I bet Harry and Brim know, but will not say :D )

Brucopeloso
05-11-2009, 13:30
Agreed, plenty of sodium chloride, so the hunt for the third codex of 2010 (if any) is still open

HsojVvad
05-11-2009, 13:46
Agreed, plenty of sodium chloride, so the hunt for the third codex of 2010 (if any) is still open

Well we can agree IF, a 3rd codex comes out, it will be after BA, and would be a non SM codex. So from rumours, DE, Necrons are out, Elder, Orks, CSM and Deamons are still fairly new, and we already covered Inquistion, so the only non SM race is Tau?

Unless they are planning to do something like Planetstrike or Apocolypse type games (wich I havn't herd off) it can only be Tau.

Have GW ever released 4 codiciies in a years span? So either GW will do something different by either releasing 4 codiciies or 3 codiciies, and it will be a back to back SM codex. Time will tell.

HARRY please tease us more with your words of wisdom lol :D

Brucopeloso
05-11-2009, 13:58
On the other hand two filthy xenos codecii in a single year would be really surprising!

Purge the Heretic
05-11-2009, 14:14
Well we can agree IF, a 3rd codex comes out, it will be after BA, and would be a non SM codex.

How do we know it won't be a SM codex? Speculation has been given to templars in particular, and it was Harry who hinted in this very thread about another half to the space marine story this coming year.

It could be anything, but I don't think we can rule out a second SM codex in 2010 as of yet.

Also with the rumors coming in about WFB 8th edition, we know why its going to be a fantasy year, even if there aren't as many slots for WFB army books, perhaps those slots will be used for the finished or nearly so 40k releases.

SPYDER68
05-11-2009, 14:16
Why couldnt it be BA codex + Templar codex at same time ?

Templar really would only need some characters.. as they already have upgrade sprue available.

Who knows :P

Brucopeloso
05-11-2009, 14:29
Hope not! Anything but yet another marine codex please!

Rant
05-11-2009, 14:37
Just to point out something:

Harry never said it was only half the -space marine- story. He said it was only -half the story-. So there is no guarantee that it will be more space marine codex after blood angels. Could be anything. Could even be models, and not codex releases, could be more novels, who knows.

vahouth
05-11-2009, 14:53
No Rant, Harry said Space Marines...;)

MajorWesJanson
05-11-2009, 15:15
My bet is still Thunderhawk for the other half of the Marine releases this year. Then possibly Tau, then if the models are ready by then, DE. Then possibly a BT dex, since they don't need many new models, they could just do a few and release some more DE kits at the same time as part of a Wave 2.

Black Hand
05-11-2009, 23:56
No Rant, Harry said Space Marines...;)

This doesn't necessarily mean another marine codex either. Again it could be models, a novel or anything. Hopefully more models though.

Cypher, the Emperor
06-11-2009, 00:55
Maybe we'll see BA and whatever Xeno army in a box set together, or in a campaign or something.

Jackmojo
06-11-2009, 00:55
Unless they are planning to do something like Planetstrike or Apocolypse type games (wich I havn't herd off) it can only be Tau.

This seems likely to me, they are a similar case study to the Tyranids: Popular, require only a handful of new units in plastic, easy room for improvement in the codex at hand.

I think a Tau release on the same scale as the Tyranids is likely, i.e. codex, 3-4 plastic kits, 3-4 metal, with the kits being some new models and some redesigns.

Jack

Rant
06-11-2009, 01:03
I still would prefer Dark Eldar, Necron, and the Inquisition books before Tau. Unfortunately, what I want isn't what I'm likely to get from GW :)

vahouth
06-11-2009, 07:59
This doesn't necessarily mean another marine codex either. Again it could be models, a novel or anything. Hopefully more models though.

I wasn't referring to a codex...

SideshowLucifer
06-11-2009, 13:20
We also have the Traitor Legions and other Chaos Powers codici rumored to be comming as well.

Toadius80
06-11-2009, 13:46
Even to the point that in places there are rumors stating there will be a chaos legion codex out next year (note: legion not legions!)
Again on that I have lots of salt.

Koris
07-11-2009, 14:20

I also heard that Codex Inquisition would be coming in 2010. I would guess this would be the release of the year just after Games day, like Wolves were this year. That would make sense with the release schedule.

devlin
07-11-2009, 14:52
im hoping they do a 1 kit makes all kit like the wolves

it certainly looks like space hulk was a pre-release to the new codices

Grand Master Raziel
07-11-2009, 15:43
Codex: Inquisition, huh? I greet that prospect with mixed feelings. On the one hand, I'd like to see my DH army updated. On the other hand, I'd rather see it properly fleshed out than mashed in with WH and the as yet unseen AH all in one book.

Anyhow, I don't know if this idea has been floated yet, but perhaps GW will do another sort of double-release with Codex: Blood Angels and Codex: Dark Angels, only this time it'll be the DAs that are WD/web based. That worked reasonably well for them last time around, and bringing the DAs up to speed would really only involve monkeying with costs and profiles to bring them in line with Codex: Space Marines.

Urath
07-11-2009, 17:29
Yet another Tau Codex? Jesus, I hate those blue freaks.

Death Company
07-11-2009, 19:08
Deleted my off-topic xeno rant. :D

I would love ICs that allow you to represent "offspring" chapters, such as Flesh Tearers, Angels Vermillion, Blood Swords, etc.

For example, Chapter Master Seth unlocks a higher number of Death Company.

Thanghul
07-11-2009, 21:21
Oh yeah, Seth would be nice.

Maybe also move DC to troops, to allow the all DC army (very fluffy for the FT's, not so for the BA's).

Tiller5
07-11-2009, 22:25
Oh yeah, Seth would be nice.

Maybe also move DC to troops, to allow the all DC army (very fluffy for the FT's, not so for the BA's).

I personally don't think Death Company should be put in Troops, they aren't renowned for their objective-orientated battle strategy, more a case of charging headlong towards the enemy to engage them in Sanguinius-dream-influenced combat. No, I think either Elites or even outside the Force Organisation Chart altogether, counts-as Elites or something.

Urath
07-11-2009, 23:11
Deleted my off-topic xeno rant. :D

I would love ICs that allow you to represent "offspring" chapters, such as Flesh Tearers, Angels Vermillion, Blood Swords, etc.

For example, Chapter Master Seth unlocks a higher number of Death Company.

If this was Facebook, I would 'Like' this.

Codex: Ultramarines; sorry, Codex: Space Marines has characters that unlock abilities for the other Codex Chapters, why shouldn't it be the same for Codex: Blood/Dark Angels and their successors?

Death Company
07-11-2009, 23:13
I personally don't think Death Company should be put in Troops, they aren't renowned for their objective-orientated battle strategy, more a case of charging headlong towards the enemy to engage them in Sanguinius-dream-influenced combat. No, I think either Elites or even outside the Force Organisation Chart altogether, counts-as Elites or something.

While I would obviously love them to be troops as well -- I agree with you, they're whirlwinds of absolute death, not really tactically thinking soldiers at that point.

I'd be fine with them as an Elites choice - perhaps Seth would allow some upgrade to them, or allow more than one squad to be taken.

If this was Facebook, I would 'Like' this.

Codex: Ultramarines; sorry, Codex: Space Marines has characters that unlock abilities for the other Codex Chapters, why shouldn't it be the same for Codex: Blood/Dark Angels and their successors?

I agree, we should keep this idea going for marines as a whole -- I think it fits us well.

Urath
07-11-2009, 23:18
Outside the FOC imo, as they're not a part of the Company structure. I'd agree that, for example:

'Black Rage: As Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers, Seth has seen many of his brothers succumb to the blood curse of Sanguinius. So much so, it has nearly destroyed the Chapter. The Chapter's Death Company is now so extensive, they have become integral to many assaults planned by Chapter Command. As such, an army lead by Seth may purchase an extra 0-2 squads of Death Company, instead of the usual 0-1.'

'Watcher of the Lost: Carnavron is High Chaplain of the Flesh Tearers. His position within the structure of the Chapter is 'Guardian of the Lost' and, as such, has lead the Chapter's extensive Death Company into battle for so many decades, that he has learnt to direct even the fiercest of his brothers. In game terms, an army lead by Carnavron that includes Death Company units will allow them to count as scoring.'

Death Company
07-11-2009, 23:21
Outside the FOC imo, as they're not a part of the Company structure. I'd agree that, for example:

'Black Rage: As Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers, Seth has seen many of his brothers succumb to the blood curse of Sanguinius. So much so, it has nearly destroyed the Chapter. As such, an army lead by Seth may purchase an extra 0-2 squads of Death Company, instead of the usual 0-1.'

'Watcher of the Lost: Carnavron is High Chaplain of the Flesh Tearers. His position within the structure of the Chapter is 'Guardian of the Lost' and, as such, leads the Chapter's extensive Death Company into battle for so many decades, that he has learnt to direct even the fiercest of his brothers. In game terms, an army lead by Carnavron that includes Death Company units will allow them to count as scoring.'

Yes.

Make it so.

Urath
07-11-2009, 23:34
Yes.

Make it so.

If I, somehow, am on the team designing the Codex then I'll make sure too ;)

Death Company
07-11-2009, 23:41
If I, somehow, am on the team designing the Codex then I'll make sure too ;)

Excellent.. :evilgrin:

Urath
07-11-2009, 23:44
I don't think any of the other Chapter Masters (Including Chaplains, Librarians etc) are specified, are they?

Death Company
08-11-2009, 02:10
I don't think any of the other Chapter Masters (Including Chaplains, Librarians etc) are specified, are they?

None of the rank we would need - no; but they could flesh them out properly, no doubt! :D

Thanghul
08-11-2009, 09:49

'Black Rage: As Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers, Seth has seen many of his brothers succumb to the blood curse of Sanguinius. So much so, it has nearly destroyed the Chapter. The Chapter's Death Company is now so extensive, they have become integral to many assaults planned by Chapter Command. As such, an army lead by Seth may purchase an extra 0-2 squads of Death Company, instead of the usual 0-1.'

'Watcher of the Lost: Carnavron is High Chaplain of the Flesh Tearers. His position within the structure of the Chapter is 'Guardian of the Lost' and, as such, has lead the Chapter's extensive Death Company into battle for so many decades, that he has learnt to direct even the fiercest of his brothers. In game terms, an army lead by Carnavron that includes Death Company units will allow them to count as scoring.'

Oh this is just awesome.

Seconded.

CKO
08-11-2009, 11:27
Do you think Blood Angels should have an army wide ability?

Such as fleet, preferred enemy, or furious charge or do you believe paying points for abilities that you may or may not like is bad such as the built in cost for death company?

Urath
08-11-2009, 13:11
Do you think Blood Angels should have an army wide ability?

Such as fleet, preferred enemy, or furious charge or do you believe paying points for abilities that you may or may not like is bad such as the built in cost for death company?

Personally, I think they'd be better off with army wide abilities that effect all 'Blood Angel' units; so not tanks and vehicles (Rhinos have Overcharged Engines anyway).

Generally, people seem wholly opposed to an army wide Furious Charge which I find odd as the Blood Angels *should* have it, IMO:

I think you seem to be confusing fielding Marines in a company system, for adhering totally to a Codex.

Yeah, they're a Codex chapter with unique command positions, unique vehicle/walker variants*, the Death Company, customised Rhinos, squads comprised soley of Veterans of Assault*, unique philosophies and their general tactics and strategic planning revolve around an assault.

Their tactics are not Codex, because they will always play to their strengths and engage at close range whenever possible. This is why they have Rhinos customised with overcharged engines and they developed the CC Dreadnought.

They should have Assault Squads as troops or give Tactical Marines the option to take close combat weapons instead of bolters, giving them a USR like Counter Attack; Tactical Assault Squads, if you will. Remove the option for heavy weapons and give them two assault weapons, or the option for two power weapons, like a power sword or power fist, without the option for Jump Packs. Keep those for the Elites and a seperate Fast Attack entry. Space Wolves have Blood Claws, why shouldn't the Blood Angels have something akin in Troops?

So, in this, you have Tactical Assault Squads, Veteran Assault Squads, Assault Squads and the Devestators have the heavy ranged firepower. The Blood Angels still have Tactical Marines for troops, with the option for bolters or cc weapons, but with the focus on close range attack. But, Assault Marines are not made redundant via their ability to take Jump Packs and Plasma Pistols.

Elites:
Veteran Assault Squad

Troops:
Tactical Assault Squad

Fast Attack:
Assault Squad

As such, it may be that a return to the old codex may be needed. As in, "Blood Angel" units, so Captains, Space Marines, Terminators etc, benefit from the Counter Attack and Red Thirst special rules.

That was just an example, but it would bring all the other units down into the primarily, but with the ranged support options, CC theme of the army, like Terminators.

I am, as many are, worried that ridiculous bat riding units and the like will be implemented.

*Vanguards and the Ironclad were ripped straight out of Codex Blood Angels, Veteran Assault Squads and the Furioso.

I posted this a few pages back with some suggestions.

Black Hand
08-11-2009, 21:26
Been a while so I'm just curious if there has been any other rumors about the BA aside from those below.

-The BA codex is done and complete already

-New conversion kits similar to the ones made for the space wolves will be made. These kits are said to be extraordinary with a level of detail similar to that of the models in space hulk.

-The codex will allow the player to field a top notch assault army: assault squads will be a troop choice, with options similar to those of the new gray hunters in the SW codex

- A psychic power called "vortex of blood" will give the caster a CC attacks bonus equal to the number of models in base contact.

-New independent characters.

-A date of release: March, after the Tyranids.

Coteaz
13-11-2009, 11:53
Been a while so I'm just curious if there has been any other rumors about the BA aside from those below.

-The BA codex is done and complete already

-New conversion kits similar to the ones made for the space wolves will be made. These kits are said to be extraordinary with a level of detail similar to that of the models in space hulk.

-The codex will allow the player to field a top notch assault army: assault squads will be a troop choice, with options similar to those of the new gray hunters in the SW codex

- A psychic power called "vortex of blood" will give the caster a CC attacks bonus equal to the number of models in base contact.

-New independent characters.

-A date of release: March, after the Tyranids.

I heard vortex of blood is not a psychic power.. and it won't give that ability..

however it seems based on CC bonus attacks..;)

Urath
13-11-2009, 19:42
If that is the case, then it's probably linked to the Black Rage and/or the psychic 'connection' to the Primarch via geneseed.

Thanghul
13-11-2009, 20:40
probably better NOT as a psy power. Darn those psy hoods.

Death Company
13-11-2009, 21:56
I heard vortex of blood is not a psychic power.. and it won't give that ability..

however it seems based on CC bonus attacks..;)

Intriguing..

Murphy's law
14-11-2009, 11:12
Yet another Tau Codex? Jesus, I hate those blue freaks.

Yeah, i hate them too.
They don't even need a new codex.

Regarding BA and DA:

It would be nice if successor chapters would become more important with their own rules and stuff.
I would like those 2 books to be the same like the space marines codex.
Main army's: Blood Angels/Dark Angels, but if you take character A from the fleshtearers your army get's B as a special rule. Something like that.
Some army specific things.

Urath
14-11-2009, 15:12

Like this, for example? :p

Murphy's law
14-11-2009, 17:03
Like this, for example? :p

Indeed, next time i make sure i read some more posts.:D

redshadow
16-11-2009, 10:46
hopefully they will make a rafen model