PDA

View Full Version : GWGT UK Final

Flame
19-01-2006, 11:37
Anyone else going to this event?

I myself have decided to take my skaven- after about 5 straight defeats to the new woodies with my mortal chaos is time to bring out the warp lightning! (which the wood elfs really do not like!)

Hope to see you there!

TAU AIR CASTE
20-01-2006, 16:28
Yeah I will be there but I'm not sure what I'm taking yet, High elfs if I finish painting them in time or failing that either skaven, brettonians or sylvanians. Good luck at the final.

Insane Psychopath
08-02-2006, 17:30
So what happen with the GT finials for WFB. All I seen on other site are people b****/being bad losser & there still no report from anyone so far.

Who won & what where the top 10, best painted, best genral... we need details :angel:

Thanks for anyone who can help

IP

TAU AIR CASTE
08-02-2006, 20:03
1st michele fontana with skaven (greyseer, 3 warlocks, 2 warp cannons I think)
2nd massimiliano bonifazi with high elf sea guard.
3rd paolo beccuti with bretonnians.
4th and best general fabio guasconi with skaven with 2 warp cannons, grey seer and 3 warlock engineers.
5th guidara marco with wood elfs.
6th jon pegg with lizardmen.
7th joe sturge with wood elfs.
8th christopher young with wood elfs.
9th dimitrios kasdovasilis with lizardmen.
10th kant max hansen with lizardmen.

best painted was a orge kingdom army I think.

I came joint 32nd with high elfs but I never lost a game and there was only 7 other people in the event who never lost a game, Also I acme 12th at heat 3 and I never lost a game there either so I have never lost a game at g.t.
I had 6 good games no bad sports, no cheaters and everyone I saw was a nice enough guy..... ONLY CHEATING I KNOW OF WAS A SKAVEN CLAN ESHIN GUY NOT ROLLING FOR HIS FELL BLADE UNTIL HE GOT IN COMBAT LIKE TURN 4/5... ONE GAME WAS AGAINST A STEAM TANK! WSo you can see the probs that would cause.

Festus
12-02-2006, 10:25
Hi

1st michele fontana with skaven (greyseer, 3 warlocks, 2 warp cannons I think)
2nd massimiliano bonifazi with high elf sea guard.
3rd paolo beccuti with bretonnians.
4th and best general fabio guasconi with skaven with 2 warp cannons, grey seer and 3 warlock engineers.
5th guidara marco with wood elfs.
6th jon pegg with lizardmen.
7th joe sturge with wood elfs.
8th christopher young with wood elfs.
9th dimitrios kasdovasilis with lizardmen.
10th kant max hansen with lizardmen.

Nice result for a UK GT...

Well, the Belgians and French usually take home quite a lot of the German Golden Daemons as well....

Greetings
Festus

TAU AIR CASTE
13-02-2006, 16:35
Well most of the europian players are winners of thier own contry's g.t. and they get a free ticket to the u.k g.t final so you would expect them to do well considering that they have already won a g.t.

Festus
13-02-2006, 17:46
Hi

Well most of the europian players are winners of thier own contry's g.t. and they get a free ticket to the u.k g.t final so you would expect them to do well considering that they have already won a g.t.

Are there 5 Italies in Europe?

It seems that the first 5 places are taken up by Italian blokes (not to mention the Greek on 9th and the Danish (?) on 10th)...

Rik Valdis
13-02-2006, 17:55
Hi

Are there 5 Italies in Europe?

It seems that the first 5 places are taken up by Italian blokes (not to mention the Greek on 9th and the Danish (?) on 10th)...

First of all, just because the name isn't stereotypically English does not mean that the player was not born here. Even if they weren't, so what? The UKGT should in my mind be the 'World Cup' of Warhammer and so I would certainly expect the top ten to not all be English. It stands to reason that the average position of people who come a long way to get to the tournament will be higher than those who only had to come down the road. I am pretty sure than the average position of people from Cornwall or the north of Scotland would be higher than people from Notts.

Bran Dawri
13-02-2006, 21:04

Not only is there only 1 Italy in europe, this is also simply not true. The UKGT final is for the top 1/3rd players in the UKGT heats, not for the winners of other countries' GTs - at least, to the best of my knowledge and experience of having visited the Dutch GT 4 times in a row now.

I have, however, heard rumours that all the (northern european) GTs will have something akin to a finals for the top 10 or so in each of those GTs; those qho qualified would presumably still have to buy a ticket.

Still, this isn't confirmed, so I'd take it with a grain of salt until you actually hear it from a GT organizer (where's Kai when you need him ;) ).

Edit: stupid typos.

TAU AIR CASTE
14-02-2006, 08:11
Ok you download the results for a final from the past couple of years and look at the entry numbers, They are given on the place you come at your heat so first place at heat one means 001 first at heat 2 means 051 and first at heat 3 means 101 so you get entry numbers from 001-150 right! Now look at the entry numbers and you will see entry numbers as high as 169, This is because you get qualifiers from other countries.... also there are not just 150 places at the final as the winner this year auto qualified for the final next year and they auto qualified some other radom person and awarded them free beer all weelend for the next final. And I don't know the exact facts about europian qualifiers but I do know they excist as you will find out too when you downlaod the final results.