PDA

View Full Version : So I want to field an army with this fluff:

Sekhmet
13-10-2009, 02:11
Daemon princes represented by at least one corrupted eldar and one corrupted human, and at least one squad of corrupted eldar (as noise marines or daemonettes) and at least one squad of corrupted humans (same).

Would a daemon or csm army be better? CSM has better prince rules, but you can only take two, and don't have quite as good CC. Daemons, on the other hand, can take 5 MCs and lots of CC goodness. Any thoughts?

Jackmojo
13-10-2009, 02:37
Sounds fun, I'd get started on the conversions and worry about finding appropriate rules later personally.

I'd slightly lean towards Daemons, but thats just me.

Jack

Firaxin
13-10-2009, 03:22
CSM are probably better to represent corrupted Eldar, since they're not likely to drop their 3+ save Aspect Armor just because they've turned to the dark side. Were you thinking normal humans or space marines? Because if they're normal humans the generic daemons in the CSM list would be a great way of representing hordes of undisciplined CCW-equipped corrupted humans commanded by well equipped and disciplined Eldar elites.

Murphey
13-10-2009, 04:09
I say demons for the following reasons:

Eldar are dodgy, invuln saves work for them. Demonette rules would be perfect for the corrupted eldar.

Demons Deepstrike: This could very easily represent using corrupted webways.

Although some eldar do have 3+ armor saves, in general they tend more towards 4+ or 5+, which fits better with demons.

There is relativly little fleet in CSM armies, which does not fit with Eldar.

Demon's have many slannesh units that would fit for the eldar well. Corrupted wraithlord as a Soulgrinder. Howling banshees as demonettes. Corrupted autarch as a herald of slannesh, etc.

That's my thoughts in it anyhow.

~Murphey

Threeshades
13-10-2009, 07:11
I say demons for the following reasons:

Eldar are dodgy, invuln saves work for them. Demonette rules would be perfect for the corrupted eldar.

Demons Deepstrike: This could very easily represent using corrupted webways.

Although some eldar do have 3+ armor saves, in general they tend more towards 4+ or 5+, which fits better with demons.

There is relativly little fleet in CSM armies, which does not fit with Eldar.

Demon's have many slannesh units that would fit for the eldar well. Corrupted wraithlord as a Soulgrinder. Howling banshees as demonettes. Corrupted autarch as a herald of slannesh, etc.

That's my thoughts in it anyhow.

~Murphey

Better yet, corrupted psychic wraithlord as Lord of Change.

A1TEC
13-10-2009, 09:07
I would go with the CSM codex...The rules would just work better

Goat of Yuggoth
13-10-2009, 09:35
I'd say daemons for the Eldar sake of it, Slaanesh of course. Imagine a decadent Eldar soul being corrupted to seeking infinite pleasure - Slaanesh is the answer.

But for the humans, I'd think corrupting them would lead them to Nurgle, as it is easier to explain than "they're Slaanesh because..."
With Nurgle it's just the rot that made them so.

Go for Daemons, man, you'll have a fun army at least. And you can add anything to it, too.

Sunyavadin
13-10-2009, 12:36
CD is what I'm using for corrupted Eldar. For many of the reasons cited above, as well as my own.

Thud
13-10-2009, 12:40
Daemons. Definitely. Some of the posts above has made me want to do it as well. ;)