PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer rulebook question ...

Arbas
13-10-2009, 11:22
... is the rulebook in the boxed set different from the rulebook that is sold seperately? Sounds likeit is from the online shop, just looking for confirmation (can't get to the FLGS 'till the weekend or ring them from the office lol :))

Kayosiv
13-10-2009, 11:24
The rulebook in the box set is much tinnier (both in pages and in content) and only has the things you "need" to play the game.

The larger rule book includes all the nice stuff like the history of the warhammer world, useful tips with terrain, painting, and basing, and a lot more pretty pictures. Also it is hardback, which is nice considering my pocket sized battle for skull pass rulebook, due to heavy use don't get me wrong, is beginning to quite literally fall apart at the seams.

Necromancy Black
13-10-2009, 11:26
All the rules are the same. There is none of the background fluff or some extra stuff in the small rulebook.

There is I think a single page missing though, but I can't remember what it was.

sorberec
13-10-2009, 11:54
The rulebook from Skull Pass is exactly the same apart from the following, important bit in bold:
1) Smaller (duh!)
2) it doesn't have 40 odd pages of background on the different armies
3) It doesn't have a couple of pages that come right after the magic section where they discuss alternate set-up methods

4) The small book contains some of the corrections made in the 1st Errata & FAQ for 7th Edition. For example, the wording in the hardback book for Spirit of the Forge still says "2d6 models" as opposed to the small book which says "2d6 hits". Needless to say, my friend who shelled out 30 for the hard back version wasn't too impressed, when I used SotF on him for the first time, that having bought the rulebook last year it still hadn't been updated whereas my small book I got off ebay for 12 was more up-to-date. And that 2d6 hits wiped out his Knights...

Arbas
13-10-2009, 12:52
That's great - thanks folks :)