PDA

View Full Version : The new Clanrat models

mattieice
13-10-2009, 13:46
I had a couple of questions about the new clanrats. Are there 20 different bodies or are there 10 bodies with 2 of each? also, I assume there is a command sprue, does that mean that there is a clawleader body making the potential for 21 models?

I am torn on whether or not I like the look of these new clanrats. I think it might be the paint job because the models on the sprue actually look better than the ones on the box cover. Has anyone seen them up close? They look a little beastmen-esque (which i guess goes with the joke that the empire thinks skaven are just beastmen).

On the other hand, I love all the other new models, especially the stormvermin and Queek. Sniktch would look a lot better if his cape was toned down; I think they went a little over the top making it dynamic.

xowainx
13-10-2009, 13:55
I saw the three preview ones at Games Day and they looked much better up close than the photos in White Dwarf. There are 20 different bodies as you can see from the sprue pics that you appear to have looked at, but can also be seen here (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m510167a_2009-10-05_2_873x627.jpg). There is no command sprue, the parts for the command are all on that sprue (you can clearly see the bell for the musician and the standard).

mattieice
13-10-2009, 14:05
Ah, I don't know why I can't count as I saw the sprue pics on the Advanced orders section. I see the little crest too so I guess that is the only thing that designates the clawleader. I guess I'll have to pick up a box... on ebay of course :D

Tringsh
13-10-2009, 15:20
The thing I like most about those models is that the body and legs are all one peice.

jullevi
13-10-2009, 15:56
The thing I like most about those models is that the body and legs are all one peice.

I prefer one piece bodies as well, but I wouldn't have objected minor alterations in pose. It just looks plain silly that each of them is marching in pace. My favourite detail is perhaps that the models don't appear to be the same size. If you buy multiple boxes (which some Skaven players might just do), you can use the bulkier models to represent Clanrats and the weedy ones for Slaves.

Tringsh
13-10-2009, 16:36
I prefer one piece bodies as well, but I wouldn't have objected minor alterations in pose.

Sure, but you can always have a go at reposing them with some green stuff. I've been doing that for my Beasts. It does take a while though :cries:.

I still remember the classic Skaven that were single mould so it doesn't really bother me that they look regimented. :p

O&G'sRule
15-10-2009, 12:13
There are a few duplicates, theyre not all different

mrtn
15-10-2009, 16:51
There are a few duplicates, theyre not all different

I can't find any duplicates on the sprues, care to point them out? They all look different to me.

stripsteak
15-10-2009, 16:56
There are a couple that are similar but no two are exactly the same as far as i've noticed.

It looks almost like they designed it for you to use 10 of each box as slaves and 10 as clanrats. there is an odd balance of ones in rags vs ones in armor.

loveless
15-10-2009, 17:15
There are a couple that are similar but no two are exactly the same as far as i've noticed.

It looks almost like they designed it for you to use 10 of each box as slaves and 10 as clanrats. there is an odd balance of ones in rags vs ones in armor.

I've noticed that...but I keep thinking I should use a different race for slaves. Despite the rags and such, they still look too cool/vicious to be relegated to slavery. It would just be a waste of mean models :p

ohno!zombies!
15-10-2009, 17:28
I really like the new clanrats minis. I wish they would release a cheap box set (like the gnoblar) that are more appropriate for slaves. A dirty sub species perhaps.

best,