PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good Warhammer clubs in Newport Beach?

enyoss
14-10-2009, 12:59
Hey,

I'm sure there must be a more appropriate place for this, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Anyway, I'm moving to Newport Beach CA in a couple of weeks time and was wondering if anyone either knew of any gaming clubs nearby, or was keen on getting the odd game in from time to time?

Basically, aside from my job, I will desperately be in need of things to do to avoid becoming a barfly alcoholic... which is more or less what happened when I moved to NYC and left my stuff behind. :(

So, any suggestions are welcome! :)

Cheers,

enyoss

gorenut
14-10-2009, 17:30
I'm not sure about gaming clubs in that area.. but there is a GW Battle Bunker about 20 minutes from Newport Beach. It's in Westminster (though they note it as Battle Bunker LA). I always see games going on in there, even on days that seem like they'd be slow.. so it shouldn't be too difficult to get acquainted with some players. As a GW store, its quite impressive.. very big, tons of terrain (many of which has been featured in WD.. most memorable the great Empire cannon/castles for Storm of Chaos).

As far as purchases go.. there is a store called Brookhurst Hobbies that offers 20% off all GW stuff. Very friendly and personable staff, they used to have a gaming club and game nights.. but it's been atleast since 40k 3rd edition that they last had one of those. Now I just make my purchases there.

Feel free to shoot me a line if you have anymore questions. Admittedly, I would have welcomed you to game with me and my friends.. but we have all since just turned Warhammer mostly into a hobby due to careers/wives/girlfriends, etc. We haven't gamed since 2002.. but yet theres still 2 of us collecting armies in a rather futile attempt to maybe get another game going some day (sad we have yet to play a game of 7th ed WHFB, though we still keep up with the rules).

Runelord
14-10-2009, 17:39
There is a group called So Cal GW league. The have members all over the Southern California area, some in the area that your moving too. You can check then out at this website http://www.scgwl.com. Hope this helps.

enyoss
17-10-2009, 11:47
Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess I should really have mentioned that my stuff is only undercoated, so that probably rules me out of playing in the GW stores :( Can't find any painting restrictions on the league website though, so maybe I won't be blackballed from that one!

Any other info is welcome!

Arbas
17-10-2009, 13:48
Not sure about the US but I've seen unpainted armies in use on veterans night in a UK GW, won't hurt to ask :)

IVEATCH
18-10-2009, 03:26
Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess I should really have mentioned that my stuff is only undercoated, so that probably rules me out of playing in the GW stores :( Can't find any painting restrictions on the league website though, so maybe I won't be blackballed from that one!

Any other info is welcome!

Try this one. One of the better local leagues, in my opinion. Armies don't have to be fully painted.

http://www.scgwl.com/