PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Jes Goodwin sculpt

rabblerouser
15-10-2009, 00:07
This guy has made soooo many amazing figures over the years that have set the whole look for an army. He pretty much coined the look of space marines for 2nd edition, and it hasn't changed since. So what is your favorite goodwin sculpt?

I think my fav of all time would still have to be Ezekiel. I don't know why, but i have always loved that model. Runner up? Metal space marine scouts.

Absolutionis
15-10-2009, 00:51
The 4th Edition Carnifex is one of the most amazing plastic sets ever. All the pieces fit together wonderfully, the mutability of the Carnifex is great, and the design is such a great deviation from its precursors that it is nearly impossible to imagine the Carnifex to be anything but what it is now. The rules help, but the size, detail, and ferocity of the model itself makes the Carnifex the scary monster that it should be.

Nevertheless, considering Goodwin sculpted or at least designed the majority of my two main armies, it was hard to pick one. He pretty much invented the original look of the Space Marines and the Eldar.

Hellebore
15-10-2009, 00:52
The current Harlequins.

Hellebore

Bloodknight
15-10-2009, 01:03
Kharn, Asmodai and Azrael.

Murdoch
15-10-2009, 01:08
Original harlequin high warlock. That boy was hot... and the only lightning clawed elf ever...

Dr.Clock
15-10-2009, 01:18
Eldar. All of them. The Phoenix Lords are pretty close to the top though. Especially Karandras, Jain Zar, Maugan Ra and Fuegan. OOOH! and the warp spider exarch.

The current aspect models are pretty fantastic as well - especially the scorpions... always been my favourite aspect...

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

LonelyPath
15-10-2009, 01:39
For me it's always been the original Striking Scorpions.

Sildani
15-10-2009, 03:31
The Falcon. Goodwin thought: "A troop transport is basically a box. How can I beautify a box for the Eldar?"

At that moment, an RAF Panavia Tornado fighter jet flew overhead... and Goodwin's eye gained the glint of genius. He took up the box... and built a fighter jet around it.

My other favorite model? The current Death Jester. Gods, I use him as a Harlequin with a Kiss... because I can't not use the model.

Eulenspiegel
15-10-2009, 08:36
The original Eldar scuplts. Although I never played that army (bar Harlequins), those drew me towards the hobby when I laid hands on my first White Dwarf.

The Scorpions, Banshees, Fire Dragons, and above all: Swooping Hawks - still beautiful today. Sadly, their Exarchs havenīt aged as well.

Luckily their new lines reflect those ancient models, after the abominations that were the 4th edition ones.

wilsongrahams
15-10-2009, 08:40
Mine has to be Corbulo of the Blood Angels, because although I don't think he's in the greatest pose etc, he has more character than most models.

static grass
15-10-2009, 08:45
The original Farseer model. It is so cool. Maugan Ra rocks blocks with his guitar.

genestealer_baldric
15-10-2009, 08:54
The 4th Edition Carnifex is one of the most amazing plastic sets ever. All the pieces fit together wonderfully, the mutability of the Carnifex is great, and the design is such a great deviation from its precursors that it is nearly impossible to imagine the Carnifex to be anything but what it is now. The rules help, but the size, detail, and ferocity of the model itself makes the Carnifex the scary monster that it should be.

I absoultey agree its my favorite model GW ever produced till i built Nijal last night , but the fex still comes out on top.

Poseidal
15-10-2009, 10:26
The original Dire Avenger Exarch and the bug eye Farseer.

All of those 1st ed sculpts were great though, he put a lot of love into them; that kind of effort meant some of those 18+ year old figures are still in production today.

Sleazy
15-10-2009, 10:32
argh there so many, Goodwin is a genius.

Gonna have to go for the original aspect warriors, way ahead of their time and still beautiful today.

silverstu
15-10-2009, 10:53
All of them- eldar, his skaven, loved the ogres he did[the bezerker is a fav of mine], the elves- especially the highelves where amazing, eldar [my main army since RT days], Nids- especially the fex and I still get a kick out of the gaunts...so i couldn't possibly choose.

pookie
15-10-2009, 13:19
generic Tac Marines, they have so much pottential these days.

Although tbh picking one fav from a vast amount sculpted by him is hard.

Brucopeloso
15-10-2009, 13:24
The original Dire Avenger Exarch and the bug eye Farseer.

All of those 1st ed sculpts were great though, he put a lot of love into them; that kind of effort meant some of those 18+ year old figures are still in production today.

Quoted for truth, the original Dire Avenger exarch is so elegant!
I also love the original dark angel commander

TheOverlord
15-10-2009, 14:06
For me it's the new Juggernaughts. I absolutely adore those models.

And for fantasy the new Cold Ones. That man is a God.

archie-d
15-10-2009, 14:56
battle sisters. particularly the seraphim

Ominous Anonymous
15-10-2009, 15:47
Dante. It's a model that's been around forever and still looks great compared to other character models.