PDA

View Full Version : Least played armies?

mafty
15-10-2009, 02:54
whats the least played army in your area. I'd imagine sisters of battle to be among the least played, never seen someone use them

madival
15-10-2009, 03:19
necrons. sisters of battle are actually really competetive.
It has been said that when the necrons get updated to 5th, that they are going to be awesome. not because the book will be that awesome, but because the necron players are used to playing with the worst and most broken codex around.

SirSnipes
15-10-2009, 03:37
dark eldar and daemon hunter armies, not allies are hands down rarest

Konstantine
15-10-2009, 03:40
Dark Eldar and Good IG are the least played.
SM, Nids I would say most played in my area.
-Calvin

Enfid
15-10-2009, 03:43
To where I go there are....

Tau/Traitor Guard (IG) (mine)
IG
IG
IG
Salamanders/space wolves
Eldar/tyranids/space wolves
Tau
Tyranid
Ork

..................so I haven't seen Necron, Dark Eldar, Daemonhunters or Sisters of Battle for a while.

Absolutionis
15-10-2009, 04:53
Kroot Mercenaries.

darker4308
15-10-2009, 04:54
It's completely settled. It is indeed kroot mercs. No one should post unless they can come up with a list that beats that.

MadHatter
15-10-2009, 04:59
lost and the Damed.

Hakar
15-10-2009, 05:30
Harlequins

15-10-2009, 06:15
the sad thing I would really do SoB if they were plastic....but Im to cheap to get all that metal

player21
15-10-2009, 06:19
In my area its sob. But for some strange reason I can throw a rock and hit a tau player.

Troah
15-10-2009, 06:36
Space marines and Chaos are the armies we don't have in my area. I believe we have a player for every other army however.

Twinmold
15-10-2009, 06:47
Inquisitional armys for me. Never seen one play.

Corpse
15-10-2009, 07:10
Harlequins? Kroot Mercs? Lost and the Damned?

Post when a rarer army is listed?

Squats.
Genestealer Cult.

But in all seriousness, the rarest official army in my area is Space Marines.
(No I mean it)
Everyone owns a SM army and never brings it. The whole fad of "Oh, you brought marines? /sigh" became a disease. I get sneers all the time when I face certain people with my nurgle. They would snap and insult-a-guess "OH! That's a slaanesh sorcerer right?" and "Yeah, when does your 9 oblits deep strike in after you lash me?" gets spit in my face (literally, I had to wipe off spit from one dude being snappy with me).

Needless to say, I play there less and less and go to PUGs off at friends houses with closed gaming groups of a chosen few. Getting invited all the time does boost my ego a bit, kinda scared of turning into a jerk like those fellas at the game store.

Hundreds of people circulate at that shop during the year, somewhat seasonal being near a resort and big city. Most common army this month is orks, last month was IG, before that it was orks again. Next few months I'm sure tyranids will jump up.

genestealer_baldric
15-10-2009, 07:34
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224545&page=4

sorry mate there was a thread allready on page 2

But all types of eldar are very very rare around here

hawo0313
15-10-2009, 09:10
I would have to say that the rarest played armywould be radical demonhunters thats right no grey knights or allies from any imperial dex just your inquisitor his DC assassins, daemonhosts, and corrupted inquisitorial stormtroopers (oh and maybe some tanks)

Cynisperer
15-10-2009, 13:14
Im the only one that plays IG in my area, everyone else plays, Orks, Lash spam Choas, Tau, Eldar, Necron, SW, and SM

Murphy's law
15-10-2009, 13:17
witchhunters with adeptus arbites as stormtroopers, no sisters.

mafty
15-10-2009, 14:03
ive always kind of wanted to play the "underdog" army. sort of the army no one uses. Things like SOB, daemons, dark eldar interest me because no one uses them

grg3d
15-10-2009, 15:18
Fish Men from Outer Space....:angel:

Actually I play Necrons..... Everybody plays some type of Marines or Imperial Guard, one Tyranid player....One Orc player

Kinda funny story....So I whip out my Necrons the first time I play at the new Store(for me) and the SM player says Wow I haven't seen Necrons in a Long time hope you don't mined my army as Its geared to fighting Nurgle Chaos Marines.....:rolleyes:

I say ok lets go...We do a scenario mission "Capture the Objective (2 of them)" one in each of our deployment zone.

He keeps apologizing about his unit(sitting on objective 1) that has 45 kinds of ammo to shoot at me until....wait for it..... he deep strikes his termies right on top of objective 2 where it just so happens that mt tomb spyder is sitting, so I get the charge, 1 extra attack (total 4) Well he smiles and says I've got power fists you go first so I do.....4 attacks ...4 hits.....4 wounds....the look on his face when I tell him that the tomb spyder is a monstrous creature...he makes no inv saves ....so 4 dead termies........priceless....sorry for the rant as I hardly ever get the dice gods in my favor.

BigBadBull
15-10-2009, 15:34
Crons and DE here. I know people with both , but there numbers are few.

Most IG players here have some GK or SOB.
A lot of people keep Tau as a second army to SM/nid/ork....